Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1216107 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by okay4sure: 8:45am On Dec 15, 2022
Please gurus in the house, what type of document did a person going with a visit visa to Canada need to take along to the airport??
help help help, please. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by preshpearl(f): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2022
Zse1:

If you are interested in France you can still make it. Admission Application is still on till December 15th also most schools will start direct applications from January to March next year. I just submitted. Most people aren’t even aware that 4m can run France study package. They hardly deny visa once your statement or sponsor is ok admission is done once a year . Several uni tuition is just 246euro

hello ...pls do you knw if they grant approval for dependants as well??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Manydethink: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2022
I will testify on this platform .... Becos my God omecharafancha, ofucharafancha ,okwucharafancha is on the throne . Amen

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2022
okay4sure:
Please gurus in the house, what type of document did a person going with a visit visa to Canada need to take along to the airport??
help help help, please. THANKS

Here, this might help
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/after-apply-next-steps.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2022
Duru009:
Somebody HELP

I have been trying make an online payment with my UBA dollar for an Admission Process in school in Canada NBCC but the Transaction keep declining..,

Please someone should kindly help because time is going. This is my email:

duru00917@gmail.com

Contact Uba to review if you have time or use chipper cash virtual dollar card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:23am On Dec 15, 2022
mizchoco:
I'm new here,

Pls I would like to ask you.
As regard to proof of fund.

I have a student loan of 50kusd
I have a gift deed of a property from my mom
A landed property owned by my dad
Another landed property owned by my mom and also a car
Then my pension documents
And my bank statement closing balance is btw 300k to 500k but inflow and out flow of about 1m

Pls is this good and okay for a proof of fund?

Btw, I'm going for 2yrs post graduate program
Total tuition fee is 44kcad.
I have paid my tuition deposit fee of 2500kcad with zero balance from my student account statement from school.

Pls is this good to go for a proof of fund?

@johnstan and others pls help and advice is needed. Thanks.

POF is funds readily available to you to cover your expenses so landed properties, vehicles and pension are not included. They can stand as home ties for you but not POF.

Your student loan only covers your tuition right, correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then N500k balance will not be enough to show living expenses for a year so you might need to work on that.
It's easier to show POF that will cover tuition for at least a yr and living expenses for a yr with proof that other yrs would not be a challenge than showing POF that covers your full tuition alone.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Duru009(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2022
johnstan:

Contact Uba to review if you have time or use chipper cash virtual dollar card

Thanks so much for your reply

What do I tell them please. Because my friend use the same card to make his own payment and it went....

Please HELP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 9:36am On Dec 15, 2022
My Japa Family,
@Relaxingend @Johnstan,

This is the only Ethiopian flight that is not stopping over at Chicago.

This one is ABUJA to ADDIS ABABA to TORONTO to VANCOUVER,BC.
Then he will do local flight ✈️ from Vancouver to Kelowna.

What are we to select here?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khalifah7459: 9:52am On Dec 15, 2022
olujinmisamson1:
Have you worked on deferring the admission till next term? I just did last night, today's deadline.
quote author=NGOZIGLORI post=119166199]@Khalifah, my daughter's own dey oooo.
October 11th applicant medicals passed November 4th. We don send mail tire. And today 15th is the last day school gave us to update if she is coming. School starts January 4th.
God is on the throne Sha, am still holding onto Him for a breakthrough.
We will continue sending emails and webform today.

I plan to send an email to the school today to please give us more time.

I can’t defer anymore because I already defer from September to January intake , this is my second application
my first application was denied , if I don’t meet up with the resumption date my tuition deposit fee is gone and my admission too, I have to apply for new admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2022
Khalifah7459:
Any October applicants here that’s yet to receive any update on there application
Only medical update since November 1st nothing yet again till now
Ah don send webform and email like mad
Resumption is January

Has your Eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2022
CindyByFine:
My Japa Family,
@Relaxingend @Johnstan,

Ok great, I'm not sure how you got to this option though so I can't say.
I paid in their office physically here in Lagos via bank transfer and it was booked.

Oh chill, if it's travel document they are asking, choose passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 10:09am On Dec 15, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:
@Khalifah, my daughter's own dey oooo.
October 11th applicant medicals passed November 4th. We don send mail tire. And today 15th is the last day school gave us to update if she is coming. School starts January 4th.

Please has your daughter's Eligibility review started after her medical was updated to 'passed'?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jolly444(f): 10:20am On Dec 15, 2022
Snooky:
Pls Did u submit IELTS result during the application to Conestoga college?

No I didn’t
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edc2: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2022
Khalifah7459:

I can’t defer anymore because I already defer from September to January intake , this is my second application
my first application was denied , if I don’t meet up with the resumption date my tuition deposit fee is gone and my admission too, I have to apply for new admission

How can your tuition deposit be gone . You need to ask for your money back though may not get 100 percent but atleast 85percent of your money incase visa is denied. Any school that fail to refund you should be reported to the authority. Tuition deposit can only be forfeited if student decides not to go to the school on purpose and not cases of denial
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edc2: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2022
preshpearl:

hello ...pls do you knw if they grant approval for dependants as well??

Singles only but you are free to bring them in once you resume via partner IV
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by preshpearl(f): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2022
Edc2:

Singles only but you are free to bring them in once you resume via partner IV
Europe?

Thanks

Pls do you knw the requirements to apply for a college certificate ther?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 11:02am On Dec 15, 2022
No I haven't. I want to write to the school later today
olujinmisamson1:
Have you worked on deferring the admission till next term? I just did last night, today's deadline.
quote author=NGOZIGLORI post=119166199]@Khalifah, my daughter's own dey oooo.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Goldentony2nice: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2022
Long post Alert! I promised to send the list of documents submitted.

Time line:
Sept 14th night- Application submitted ( biometrics was done Sept 20 and updated same day)
Oct 14th- Medicals passed for wife ( upfront medicals was done for all on August 6 and included in the application)
Dec 5th- Eligibility review for all ( medicals updated to passed for children)
Dec 12th midnight- PPR for all!

Documents submitted
For wife:

-Sop - 4 pages (3 and a quarter )
-Letter of explanation for documents provided by sponsor
- Affidavit of change of name
- family pic
- 2 wedding pics
- CV
- WAEC, university cert,NYSC
- Employment letters till date, promotion letter
- Study leave letter
- 2 seminar/ training certs related to work
- Police character cert
- Previous passport with Dubai travel visas.
- Covid card

For each child:
-Consent letter notarized
-Birth certificate
-Last school result (confirmable on school website with username and password )
-Upfront medical
-Vaccination card
-Casual pictures with Dad, pics with mum and siblings.

Proof of fund:
-Tuition payment receipts- 1 year
-Letter of sponsorship (me)
-Affidavit of Support
-MBS - sponsors personal savings account
-Bank ref letter for sponsor
-MBS- wife salary account
- CAC incorporation cert
- Shares page showing wife and children as share owners
- Pictures of factory/warehouse with me in some
- Export Licence, Export contracts, invoices, Payments received,
- Company tax clearance
- Personal tax clearance
- Property deed and valuation of building on it.
- Trucks ownership documents
- passport, previous passport showing visas pages for Dubai with family, Europe.

We used the new portal and did not have to send any email for reminders; the timeline just worked perfectly as we prayed that God should touch the heart of the persons handling it. We only sent webform about 2 weeks into the application adding: deed of assignment and my wife’s medical ( we omitted initially).

I think how and what you fill in the form matters, and also the how you write your SOP and letters. Everything just has to correlate (there are very important things that one should establish no matter your situation). You can use what you have truthfully, carefully and well orchestrated to obtain a favorable result.

Cheers!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khalifah7459: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2022
chigozieevans:

Not yet o
I did upfront medical

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2022
To be honest, I don't even know what eligibility review will be like when it starts. Because the below write up is when on the portal for eligibility so I don't know if it has started or not

Review of eligibility- Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

chigozieevans:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Goldentony2nice: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2022
Hello Johnstan,

Please what’s Ethiopian air address in Lagos?

I keep seeing flights passing through Washington(USA) to Toronto online. I don’t think my family can pass through US.

johnstan:

I paid in their office physically here in Lagos via bank transfer and it was booked.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2022
I dear, I don't know oo
The below is what's on her portal

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility

Please tell me, with this has it started or not?

chigozieevans:

Please has your daughter's Eligibility review started after her medical was updated to 'passed'?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iykevirgo: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2022
Thanks
User00711:

It’s “Mybankstatement”
You can reach out to your account manager
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 11:27am On Dec 15, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:
I dear, I don't know oo

Her eligibility has started. That is what it says once it begins. All the best. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:
I dear, I don't know oo

It has started, you may inform the school she will be attending as her visa is in its last stage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Okudi23: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2022
I got a fair deal. Lufthansa airline on 25th. Lagos to Frankfurt to Toronto @816k grin. I already budget 1.2m for flight. Guys avoid Egyptian airways if you want to live long. They asked someone I know to login to his Portal to prove he paid his tuition fees.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perripilzz: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2022
It has started
NGOZIGLORI:
To be honest, I don't even know what eligibility review will be like when it starts. Because the below write up is when on the portal for eligibility so I don't know if it has started or not

Review of eligibility- Review of eligibility

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
I sent your an email... please help. Thank you.
johnstan:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
CindyByFine:
My Japa Family,
@Relaxingend @Johnstan,

I assume this is for travel document. If yes, select "Passport"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizchoco: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
johnstan:

POF is funds readily available to you to cover your expenses so landed properties, vehicles and pension are not included. They can stand as home ties for you but not POF.

Your student loan only covers your tuition right, correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then N500k balance will not be enough to show living expenses for a year so you might need to work on that.
It's easier to show POF that will cover tuition for at least a yr and living expenses for a yr with proof that other yrs would not be a challenge than showing POF that covers your full tuition alone.

Good luck

No. It covers both for living expenses for the 2yrs which is 20kcad as well as extra 4kcad plus the 44kcad for tuition = Total 68kcad.

while the 50kusd online conversation to cad is greater than the total amount (68kcad).

With this explanation, pls what's your advice @johnstan and everyone. Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
Amen ooo thanks dear

Yemlizzy:

Her eligibility has started. That is what it says once it begins. All the best. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 12:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thank you prof. I will do that as soon as possible

Profgordons:

It has started, you may inform the school she will be attending as her visa is in its last stage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.