Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1246914 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sakieja(f): 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
Congratulations to you and yours

:Pquote author=Goldentony2nice post=119173206]Long post Alert! I promised to send the list of documents submitted.

Time line:
Sept 14th night- Application submitted ( biometrics was done Sept 20 and updated same day)
Oct 14th- Medicals passed for wife ( upfront medicals was done for all on August 6 and included in the application)
Dec 5th- Eligibility review for all ( medicals updated to passed for children)
Dec 12th midnight- PPR for all!

Documents submitted
For wife:

-Sop - 4 pages (3 and a quarter )
-Letter of explanation for documents provided by sponsor
- Affidavit of change of name
- family pic
- 2 wedding pics
- CV
- WAEC, university cert,NYSC
- Employment letters till date, promotion letter
- Study leave letter
- 2 seminar/ training certs related to work
- Police character cert
- Previous passport with Dubai travel visas.
- Covid card

For each child:
-Consent letter notarized
-Birth certificate
-Last school result (confirmable on school website with username and password )
-Upfront medical
-Vaccination card
-Casual pictures with Dad, pics with mum and siblings.

Proof of fund:
-Tuition payment receipts- 1 year
-Letter of sponsorship (me)
-Affidavit of Support
-MBS - sponsors personal savings account
-Bank ref letter for sponsor
-MBS- wife salary account
- CAC incorporation cert
- Shares page showing wife and children as share owners
- Pictures of factory/warehouse with me in some
- Export Licence, Export contracts, invoices, Payments received,
- Company tax clearance
- Personal tax clearance
- Property deed and valuation of building on it.
- Trucks ownership documents
- passport, previous passport showing visas pages for Dubai with family, Europe.

We used the new portal and did not have to send any email for reminders; the timeline just worked perfectly as we prayed that God should touch the heart of the persons handling it. We only sent webform about 2 weeks into the application adding: deed of assignment and my wife’s medical ( we omitted initially).

I think how and what you fill in the form matters, and also the how you write your SOP and letters. Everything just has to correlate (there are very important things that one should establish no matter your situation). You can use what you have truthfully, carefully and well orchestrated to obtain a favorable result.

Cheers![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
congratulation Boss
Goldentony2nice:
Long post Alert! I promised to send the list of documents submitted.

Time line:
Sept 14th night- Application submitted ( biometrics was done Sept 20 and updated same day)
Oct 14th- Medicals passed for wife ( upfront medicals was done for all on August 6 and included in the application)
Dec 5th- Eligibility review for all ( medicals updated to passed for children)
Dec 12th midnight- PPR for all!

Documents submitted
For wife:

-Sop - 4 pages (3 and a quarter )
-Letter of explanation for documents provided by sponsor
- Affidavit of change of name
- family pic
- 2 wedding pics
- CV
- WAEC, university cert,NYSC
- Employment letters till date, promotion letter
- Study leave letter
- 2 seminar/ training certs related to work
- Police character cert
- Previous passport with Dubai travel visas.
- Covid card

For each child:
-Consent letter notarized
-Birth certificate
-Last school result (confirmable on school website with username and password )
-Upfront medical
-Vaccination card
-Casual pictures with Dad, pics with mum and siblings.

Proof of fund:
-Tuition payment receipts- 1 year
-Letter of sponsorship (me)
-Affidavit of Support
-MBS - sponsors personal savings account
-Bank ref letter for sponsor
-MBS- wife salary account
- CAC incorporation cert
- Shares page showing wife and children as share owners
- Pictures of factory/warehouse with me in some
- Export Licence, Export contracts, invoices, Payments received,
- Company tax clearance
- Personal tax clearance
- Property deed and valuation of building on it.
- Trucks ownership documents
- passport, previous passport showing visas pages for Dubai with family, Europe.

We used the new portal and did not have to send any email for reminders; the timeline just worked perfectly as we prayed that God should touch the heart of the persons handling it. We only sent webform about 2 weeks into the application adding: deed of assignment and my wife’s medical ( we omitted initially).

I think how and what you fill in the form matters, and also the how you write your SOP and letters. Everything just has to correlate (there are very important things that one should establish no matter your situation). You can use what you have truthfully, carefully and well orchestrated to obtain a favorable result.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2022
So for how much did you book yours?
Less than a million and without layovers in countries that require Transit Visa.

I just book on their website, I wan pay later today.
johnstan:

Ok great, I'm not sure how you got to this option though so I can't say.
I paid in their office physically here in Lagos via bank transfer and it was booked.

Oh chill, if it's travel document they are asking, choose passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
We have a WhatsApp group for Humber students..you care to join?
Merciful96:
Hello,

Is there any one moving to Humber College, International Graduate school Campus for January intake, please signify

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thatblackgirlxx: 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
Yemlizzy:

Have you been assisted with this?? We have a group on watsapp and telegram.

I have been offered admission into u of m for fall 2023 and would like to join the WhatsApp group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
CindyByFine:
I sent your an email... please help. Thank you.

Oh sorry, just seeing this, I'll check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
CindyByFine:
So for how much did you book yours?
Less than a million and without layovers in countries that require Transit Visa.

I just book on their website, I wan pay later today.

Yea, it was less than a million with no stopovers in countries that require transit visas.

I think the booking without payment lasts for 24 hours so be sure to check that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AwetechMCM: 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
thanks a lot I studied computer science in my Bachelors can it still fly?
technix:
It depends on how you write the story. If your experience or future plan is related to Interactive Media Design and your bachelor's degree isn't Media Design, you should be able to weave a compelling story.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
Goldentony2nice:
Hello Johnstan,

Please what’s Ethiopian air address in Lagos?

I keep seeing flights passing through Washington(USA) to Toronto online. I don’t think my family can pass through US.

Here,
No. 3 Idowu Taylor St., Victoria Island, Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
mizchoco:

No. It covers both for living expenses for the 2yrs which is 20kcad as well as extra 4kcad plus the 44kcad for tuition = Total 68kcad.

while the 50kusd online conversation to cad is greater than the total amount (68kcad).

With this explanation, pls what's your advice @johnstan and everyone. Thanks again.

Forgive me if this is a personal issue. Please which organization gave you student loan worth 50KUSD? Or is Mpower?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
mizchoco:

No. It covers both for living expenses for the 2yrs which is 20kcad as well as extra 4kcad plus the 44kcad for tuition = Total 68kcad.

while the 50kusd online conversation to cad is greater than the total amount (68kcad).

With this explanation, pls what's your advice @johnstan and everyone. Thanks again.

Ok, if the loan covers your tuition and living expenses then go ahead, if it covers only one of the two then you will need extra.
It's always a good format to explain how the POF would be spent so the vo wouldn't base their judgement on assumptions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Goldentony2nice: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thanks a lot.

johnstan:

Here,
No. 3 Idowu Taylor St., Victoria Island, Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:
Amen ooo thanks dear

You are welcome, if it helps i got that and less than a week after I got medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thatblackgirlxx:

I have been offered admission into u of m for fall 2023 and would like to join the WhatsApp group
You would be added. Saw your dm. Will respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skylar2020(f): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
Please which is faster? Sending passport to Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
skylar2020:
Please which is faster? Sending passport to Abuja or Lagos?

Where did you do your biometrics? I think Abuja does most of the stamping now.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
Just want to be sure I am going for a good deal before I make payment.

Where are you flying to in Canada?
I saw less than a million naira flights but to Toronto.
And Toronto is far from Kelowna... it's only Vancouver that is closer, hence the use of Vancouver Airport as destination.

johnstan:

Yea, it was less than a million with no stopovers in countries that require transit visas.

I think the booking without payment lasts for 24 hours so be sure to check that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2022
LANDING GIST

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE DATES

PPR: Oct 21
Flight ticket purchased: Oct 27 to fly Dec 12
Passport submission: Oct 31 to VFS Lagos

After submitting my passport, the long wait began. VFS sent a message on Nov 17 that my passport has been dispatched to the embassy. That is 17 days after submission with no explanation whatsoever. Nov 30, still no update from VFS though IRCC replied on the 28th that my passport was in queue for printing. At this point, I was not sure what to believe. I was feeling concerned and stressed out. I thought my passport was probably missing. That's a whole month without collection mail.

Dec 5, yet no update. I contacted my pastor and he said we needed to fast and pray for three days starting from the 5th. We concluded the fasting on the 7th and he said I should not worry and that my passport would be sorted before the end of the week.

Next day, Thursday Dec 8, I got a message from IRCC that my application has been finalized. I started getting messages from VFS. The last one was that my passport has been dispatched to my VAC. In anticipation of getting pickup mail from Lagos VFS, I went to their office the next day which was Friday. Got there late though so I wasn't attended to.

Friday passed yet no pickup mail from Lagos VFS. Remember my flight is 12th (Monday). At this point, I decided to reschedule my flight since I hadn't gotten any pickup mail. Next day (Saturday), I went to Ethiopian Airlines to reschedule. They said they only had business class seats available through the year because all their flights had been fully booked. I inquired about the cost of rescheduling and the lady said over 500k. Omo I told her not to bother. Who has that kind of money?

I decided to go to Lagos VFS on Monday for collection despite not getting any pickup mail. I just believed my passport was there.

Dec 12, I went to VFS. Lo and behold, my passport was there. Lol. I collected it and drove straight to the airport. I made my flight and now I am in Canada.

I am just grateful to God. Those of us expecting from Him, will not be disappointed.

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by boye14: 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
Good day, please for my study visa application, I have initiated my FORM A. Can I use the print out of the FORM A for study permit application? The money has not been debited yet from my account but has been initiated. Will it fly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboffine: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
Good afternoon house

Please, do I need to take my kids along for biometrics...they are ages 7 and 9. I applied for study permit for them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
CindyByFine:
Just want to be sure I am going for a good deal before I make payment.

Where are you flying to in Canada?
I saw less than a million naira flights but to Toronto.
And Toronto is far from Kelowna... it's only Vancouver that is closer, hence the use of Vancouver Airport as destination.

Choose an arrival airport close to your location and you will be fine. I don't think you would want to arrive at a province/location and start another journey to another province/location cos you booked a cheaper flight.
Someone here said he got a good deal for like a little over 800k like a page or two before this page. If you're still considering cost your might want to quote the post for him to shed more light.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
congratulation how was the POE, hope much question was asked

Cheebu:
LANDING GIST

After submitting my passport, the long wait began. VFS sent a message on Nov 17 that my passport has been dispatched to the embassy. That is 17 days after submission with no explanation whatsoever. Nov 30, still no update from VFS though IRCC replied on the 28th that my passport was in queue for printing. At this point, I was not sure what to believe. I was feeling concerned and stressed out. I thought my passport was probably missing. That's a whole month without collection mail.

Dec 5, yet no update. I contacted my pastor and he said we needed to fast and pray for three days starting from the 5th. We concluded the fasting on the 7th and he said I should not worry and that my passport would be sorted before the end of the week.

Next day, Thursday Dec 8, I got a message from IRCC that my application has been finalized. I started getting messages from VFS. The last one was that my passport has been dispatched to my VAC. In anticipation of getting pickup mail from Lagos VFS, I went to their office the next day which was Friday. Got there late though so I wasn't attended to.

Friday passed yet no pickup mail from Lagos VFS. Remember my flight is 12th (Monday). At this point, I decided to reschedule my flight since I hadn't gotten any pickup mail. Next day (Saturday), I went to Ethiopian Airlines to reschedule. They said they only had business class seats available through the year because all their flights had been fully booked. I inquired about the cost of rescheduling and the lady said over 500k. Omo I told her not to bother. Who has that kind of money?

I decided to go to Lagos VFS on Monday for collection despite not getting any pickup mail. I just believed my passport was there.

Dec 12, I went to VFS. Lo and behold, my passport was there. Lol. I collected it and drove straight to the airport. I made my flight and now I am in Canada.

I am just grateful to God. Those of us expecting from Him, will not be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
Who reviews SOP here? A friend needs his reviewed. Help appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RelaxingEnd: 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
CindyByFine:
My Japa Family,
@Relaxingend @Johnstan,

This is the only Ethiopian flight that is not stopping over at Chicago.

This one is ABUJA to ADDIS ABABA to TORONTO to VANCOUVER,BC.
Then he will do local flight ✈️ from Vancouver to Kelowna.

What are we to select here?

Hi,

Someone helped me book my Ethiopia airline flight, so I didn't come across this. But if it's travel document type they're asking of, then it should be passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
Cheebu:
LANDING GIST

Congratulations.
Were you later sent your LOI as expected and was covid vaccine card requested for by Nigerian immigration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
boye14:
Good day, please for my study visa application, I have initiated my FORM A. Can I use the print out of the FORM A for study permit application? The money has not been debited yet from my account but has been initiated. Will it fly?

No, it won’t fly because you will need your tuition payment receipt from your institution to apply with.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rukkymomoh: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hello house, please I need an answer to this question. My children got PPR along side with my husband after submission at vfs, we recieved msg from IRCC requesting for their medical a which we have done upfront before applying, so we send them emails and webforms explaining they have upfront medical.fortunately it was updated after two days. My question now is there status has changed from the approved it was after receiving PPR to processing. Are we going to receive another PPR or they will proceed with finalizing the decision since their passport is still with them. Thanks as I await your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
johnstan:

Congratulations.
Were you later sent your LOI as expected and was covid vaccine card requested for by Nigerian immigration.

Yea. They sent the LOI the next day after finalizing my application. Honestly, they didn't ask for the COVID card. But I just handed my passport with my own vaccine card together. It would just be best to have it to be on a safer side.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2022
pufframmy:
congratulation how was the POE, hope much question was asked

They didn't ask us questions. Probably because there were many students who arrived that day. They just printed out the study permits and handed them out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
Cheebu:

Yea. They sent the LOI the next day after finalizing my application. Honestly, they didn't ask for the COVID card. But I just handed my passport with my own vaccine card together. It would just be best to have it to be on a safer side.

Ok great
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizchoco: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
johnstan:

Ok, if the loan covers your tuition and living expenses then go ahead, if it covers only one of the two then you will need extra.
It's always a good format to explain how the POF would be spent so the vo wouldn't base their judgement on assumptions.

Yes, it's for both tuition and living expenses as well.
Yeah exactly, I get your point.

Thanks so much for your responses. It was really helpful! Pls how do I communicate with you directly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omarjaygold: 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thatblackgirlxx:
I would also like to join the WhatsApp group

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.