Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240051 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
Justin2022:

Bro abeg how you take book am and how much is Ethiopian airlines. I would like to fly out on the 23rd.

I booked/reserved online and paid via bank transfer in their Lagos office @ No. 3 Idowu Taylor St., Victoria Island, Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizchoco: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
Alright no problem.
johnstan:

Just quote me with your questions and I'll respond if I know the right answer.
Anyone here would also respond so you will have options.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
mizchoco:
sallie mae

Thank you for your response. But please is it true applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident holder?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 12:06am On Dec 16, 2022
Congrats biodun, I shall also testify. Makano again, mine will also happen oo.
b4biodun:
Im so happy. My ppr is finally out. August 18th applicant. Upfront Medical passed since September 1st September.

After much emails and webforms, gcms notes was even requested for yesterday but the Lord did it today.

First applicant .
@makano, thanks for all you do. Submission by @Makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:37am On Dec 16, 2022
@ BULLSTRIKER,

it depends on how long the studies he/she completed online is and it SURE has negative impact on PGWP if it's longer than necessary.

One to two months in an 18months program MAY not but anything 3months and above will definitely impact on the PGWP.

I hope this helps

bullstriker:
An enrolment letter from the school will do. Attach it to the updated admission letter, and let them know you joined the online section while waiting for your application's outcome.
The studies you completed online will not affect your PGWP eligibility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:42am On Dec 16, 2022
@jaydave,

COVID-19 is history and as such vaccine documents are currently not part of boarding documents at the Nigerian Airports/connecting airports and at your POE.

However, ensure you have your letter of introduction (printed copy) from the IRCC....it's mandatory after visiting the declaration machine

I hope this helps.

jaydave:
Bro no giv urself unnecessary headache . Jus look for ur local govt health centre that does the COVID vaccination of a tin , package dem with lil bar that u need d Covid vacc card , dem go issue one for u, sign and stamped it as if u hv received d covid jab. Carry ur card folo body go airport d day u wan travel , if naija immigration demands for it den show dem. But for Canada immigration dem say dos ones no dey ask for it again since oct
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:45am On Dec 16, 2022
@ Chiziteremary,

Letter of introduction of the principal applicant suffices.

I hope this helps.

Chiziteremary:
Hello Guys,

Please for those who applied for open study permit for a minor(accompanying child) ,will the child receive a letter of introduction. I noticed that IRCC has sent my daughters passport back to VFS but i havent recvd any letter of introduction in her mail.

Pls respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:50am On Dec 16, 2022
@ ANGELA FELIX,

Your letter of introduction will drop on your IRCC box where passport request was sent.Its e.xpected to drop immediately your passport has been stamped.

I hope this helps.

ANGELAFELIX:
Please how do I get my LOI from ircc
From webform or email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:53am On Dec 16, 2022
@ Adakiobi,

I believe it will be too early to start sending mails and Webform to them except you have additional documents to forward. Be patient as it is not up to standard 12 weeks.

I hope this helps.

Adakiobi:
Please can I submit webforms and send emails even thought my application is just 6 weeks .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:59am On Dec 16, 2022
@ Goldentony2nice

Avoid flight connecting your destination through the US except you have a valid US Visa.

Goldentony2nice:
Hello Johnstan,

Please what’s Ethiopian air address in Lagos?

I keep seeing flights passing through Washington(USA) to Toronto online. I don’t think my family can pass through US.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hammed71(m): 1:14am On Dec 16, 2022
guys good morning I am going for passport submittion today at vfs, please apart from passport what other documents do I need to take along
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizchoco: 1:23am On Dec 16, 2022
Presentation skill. Written and spoken competence in French is required to be successful.

What's your take on this?

cooooooks:
https://ng.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=97cda6bf2dce0fab&tk=1gkbhsg3t2fe9001&from=serp&vjs=3

New Brunswick is hiring casual staff to work remotely from Nigeria.

Such experience will be positive for any japa plans and the pay is quite good (while based in Nigeria and working from home).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 1:57am On Dec 16, 2022
More Nigerians should be learning and speaking French. It opens up so many doors.

I posted here because some people going to Canada are learning French to boost their scores and options.

If one has presentation skills in English, they have it in french as well. I would think that a B2 level (or strong B1) is enough for this job.

mizchoco:
Presentation skill. Written and spoken competence in French is required to be successful.

What's your take on this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 1:59am On Dec 16, 2022
Next step is to apply for study permit.

Read through to see what you need to do for proof of funds, Support/Intent letter, etc.
Simyowe:
Pls some body help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 2:06am On Dec 16, 2022
Which route are you currently using?

Use wakanow, flightscanner, flighthub, air Canada.

Alternatively, fly to Montreal or Calgary or Toronto then fly to Regina.
Oldfashioned145:
I've been looking for cheap flights to Regina and can't seem to get one. Help me pls, the ones I'm seeing are quite expensive. Can anyone refer me to a site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:13am On Dec 16, 2022
There is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion against information on a public forum. However, you should at least do your due diligence and be equipped with the correct information; otherwise, you will mislead applicants and discourage knowledgeable people from replying to posts.

Have you ever heard of the IRCC temporary policy that provides full facilitation measures for students who started or will be starting an online program between March 2020 and August 31, 2022? And reduced facilitation measures for students who began or will be starting an online program between September 1, 2022, and August 31, 2023. Please study it before you start to correct up-to-date information.
Joedave25:
@ BULLSTRIKER,

it depends on how long the studies he/she completed online is and it SURE has negative impact on PGWP if it's longer than necessary.

One to two months in an 18months program MAY not but anything 3months and above will definitely impact on the PGWP.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheDarkGamer: 4:55am On Dec 16, 2022
Please what are the cheapest diploma courses to study as an international student in Canada? Links and resources are appreciated. I need this information soon for a friend please.

I've spent my whole day searching about this online but I couldn't find any helpful or relevant results.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hammed71(m): 6:00am On Dec 16, 2022
guys am going to submit my passport at vfs now, apart from passport and the letter what other documents do I need to take Along
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 6:36am On Dec 16, 2022
Good morning.

If I take a flight to either of this destination, do I have to prebook local flight to Regina or when I get to the airport I'll do the booking there?

cooooooks:
Which route are you currently using?

Use wakanow, flightscanner, flighthub, air Canada.

Alternatively, fly to Montreal or Calgary or Toronto then fly to Regina.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Okudi23: 7:01am On Dec 16, 2022
hammed71:
guys am going to submit my passport at vfs now, apart from passport and the letter what other documents do I need to take Along

*List of documents to send to VFS for your visa to be issued*
*1.* International Passport (Original)
*2.* Consent Form (print out 2 copies) and fill with biro
*3.* Passport Request Letter from IRCC which was sent to you (print it out)
*4.* Make 2 Black & white copies of your int’l passport data page (you must write your phone number and email address on the front of both copies – with clear hand writing)
*5.* DHL Courier return envelope - To and Fro (go to any DHL office and ask for return envelope). Return envelope means you are paying for two envelopes TO and FRO. To will be used to send your packages to VFS and Fro will be used to return your visa by VFS to your real home address.
*6.* Collection slip given to you on the day you did biometrics / fingerprint. You must add this..

*ADDRESS TO SEND TO ABUJA:* (for those who did biometric in Abuja only should send to Abuja)
VFS - Canada Visa Application Centre Abuja
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor Plot 1083,
Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District
Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 7:14am On Dec 16, 2022
Hello my people. Today is the deadline given by my school. What did you guys do differently on days like this to get PPR before deadline. Application is 12 weeks today (past normal 9 weeks)
This is affecting me mentally as I can’t defer second time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emryyy: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2022
Creativebelle:
We have a WhatsApp group for Humber students..you care to join?

I'll like to join the group.Good Morning

Please can you drop your number or email so I can send you a message on WhatsApp.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2022
breakice31:
Hello my people. Today is the deadline given by my school. What did you guys do differently on days like this to get PPR before deadline. Application is 12 weeks today (past normal 9 weeks)

Send them emails and webforms

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adakiobi: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2022
Thank you
Joedave25:
@ Adakiobi,

I believe it will be too early to start sending mails and Webform to them except you have additional documents to forward. Be patient as it is not up to standard 12 weeks.

I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emryyy: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2022
Fredba:
Yes

Yes I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2022
Aboffine:
Please, how do I upload my biometrics

You don’t have to upload it, it will be updated within the shortest possible time.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 8:09am On Dec 16, 2022
TheDarkGamer:
Please what are the cheapest diploma courses to study as an international student in Canada? Links and resources are appreciated. I need this information soon for a friend please.

I've spent my whole day searching about this online but I couldn't find any helpful or relevant results.

Every time my friend my friend…. Your friend no get phone? Anyways, OCAS . CA check it out and pick your choice..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyinkaadetunj: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2022
If you have any questions, please kindly ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2022
The standard is now 9 weeks....you could send if your resumption time is January.

If not, you could wait it out.

Thank you.
[size=8pt][/size]
Joedave25:
@ Adakiobi,

I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2022
Send Emails and Webforms.

Attach the email from your school showing that today is your deadline and other documents to support the urgency.

List your application timeline...use a Subject that concerns you...not a generic one.

Examples:
Subject: [URGENT] | Study Permit Application | Sxxxxxxx | Over 130 days / 19 weeks

Subject: URGENT NEED FOR FINAL DECISION | STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION -Sxxxxxxxx

Good luck.
breakice31:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sope1: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2022
Hi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.