Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1231179 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daisy1(f): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hello Gurus, please I have some questions and I will appreciate any guidance you can offer me.

I have a bachelors in Accounting and after NYSC, I practised as an accountant for 1 year from 2013 to 2014. However, from 2014 till today, I have worked in marketing and have grown to become a marketing manager. Here is the dilemma, I work 2 jobs - 1 full-time as a marketer and the other as an accountant (The accounting job is part-time consulting) and I get paid in Dollars, I also get a bonus as well in dollars. This dollar is what I have saved up to be able to pay my school fees for the Canadian school I selected. I want to do a PGCert in Marketing.

1. My proof of funds is USD, do I tell the visa officer that I have 2 jobs where I earn salaries? My fear is, my SOP is saying I don't want to be an accountant anymore, I want to work more in marketing but I am still working as an accountant. and I cannot lie about the accounting job as the narration on each payment is "payment for accountant"

2. My marketing job contract clearly states that I want to go for Masters in 2023 and my working hours will be reduced to 20 hours per week to allow me to study upon my return, I will be offered a higher position. But the salary I earn for this role is in Naira and the naira account is basically empty. I have less than 200k in it as I spend from it. My question is, do I say that I convert my naira into Dollars to supplement my USD earnings?

Please I will appreciate any guidance. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
Agbenga51:
I need urgent help pls, I have my admission letter to apply for visa, but I don’t under one of the this demand from visa requirements since December.

That says I should provide the letter of curriculum from my school state that work is a requirement for the completion of my studies
If your course has Co-op work experience stated on the admission letter, Simply upload the letter again. That's what I did

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blkomo: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
Stifflah09:
Good morning, please does anyone have the vfs email to send payment receipt for the one way courier service after making payment.

info.cannig@vfshelpline.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eldersir20: 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
daisy1:
Hello Gurus, please I have some questions and I will appreciate any guidance you can offer me.

I have a bachelors in Accounting and after NYSC, I practised as an accountant for 1 year from 2013 to 2014. However, from 2014 till today, I have worked in marketing and have grown to become a marketing manager. Here is the dilemma, I work 2 jobs - 1 full-time as a marketer and the other as an accountant (The accounting job is part-time consulting) and I get paid in Dollars, I also get a bonus as well in dollars. This dollar is what I have saved up to be able to pay my school fees for the Canadian school I selected. I want to do a PGCert in Marketing.

1. My proof of funds is USD, do I tell the visa officer that I have 2 jobs where I earn salaries? My fear is, my SOP is saying I don't want to be an accountant anymore, I want to work more in marketing but I am still working as an accountant. and I cannot lie about the accounting job as the narration on each payment is "payment for accountant"

2. My marketing job contract clearly states that I want to go for Masters in 2023 and my working hours will be reduced to 20 hours per week to allow me to study upon my return, I will be offered a higher position. But the salary I earn for this role is in Naira and the naira account is basically empty. I have less than 200k in it as I spend from it. My question is, do I say that I convert my naira into Dollars to supplement my USD earnings?

Please I will appreciate any guidance. Thank you

I don't think you will have any problem, you work two jobs and probably find marketing more interesting than accounting, you don't have to lie about your job and does not concern vo which job paid you the money for your pof. My opinion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
Is your campus Doon?

Positiveme2020:

Did u find any group? Add me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2023
hello everyone,

I was denied my Canadian visa earlier this week and I'm considering reapplying, please what are the chances of obtaining a positive response with reapplication?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2023
Is your campus Doon?
Jolly444:
@johnstan please is there any group for conestoga college?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Candboy: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bambi222:
hello everyone,

I was denied my Canadian visa earlier this week and I'm considering reapplying, please what are the chances of obtaining a positive response with reapplication?
sorry about your denial. But I think you have to order your gcms note to find out the exact reason for the denial, this will help you tackle such problem effectively and increase your chances in your next application. Don't just reapply blindly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bambi222:
hello everyone,

Sorry for the refusal

You have to apply for CBSA notes to know why you were denied.

How long is your programme?
How much was the POF?
Are self-sponsored or third party sponsored?
What type of programme is it? Masters or PGC?
what is the course and what do you presently do?
You can answer these so some insights can be shared to you by the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
fvictop:
I humbly and sincerely request for the gurus assistance and advice here.

I have MSc business administration 2022, HND Mechanical Engineering 2007, No Test of English, 13years work experience as maintenance Technician, married with kids.

Kindly recommend schools and courses with affordable tuition fees and high visa approval.

Japa is the objective not the education though.

grin
You are very funny
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princessmay11: 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
Yayy congratulations to you and yours. Same with me PPR today February 4th for my husband, see you on the other side SOWP for me and VV for my baby girl
OkukuOne:
I have returned to share the good news on behalf of my wife!!!
It's PPR
God came through for us!!

I came to Nairaland in search of direction and guidance. I have been on the journey for ages and no one could help me financially, so I gave up. After a long while close pals that are in Canada advised me that since I can now afford it, I should try and join them in Canada. I tried and got admission in 2015/16, but I opted out again considering the fact that I am now married and it will be difficult to school, work, and work extra to care for the family I will be leaving behind. Again, I opted out.

Fast forward to 2021, two of my close pals (same friends) encouraged me to make a move now. They believe that I can comfortably pay the fees now. Well, this time around, I changed the narrative. I applied for my wife to study while I sponsor her.

She got admitted and we started looking for information and the best way to get SP. My good friend who persuaded me to start the journey again was there and feeding me with information bit by bit. But because of my person who knows Nairaland as far back as 2007, I fell back here to search for more information. I don't like to be at the mercy of any man. I started digging and reading timelines. I asked questions 2 or 3 times. I also mistakenly mentioned to my friend that I saw a different view from his in Nairaland. This got him mad and started treating me poorly. I got to a point, I felt it was time to do this thing on my own. I didn't contact him any longer and if he ask me about the process, I just tell him, we are waiting on God. in between, I had good savings, but money is never enough, so I mistakenly asked him and the other of my friend to help with payment of my wife first-semester fee while I kept my money I already saved as POF. I didn't intend to touch it till she leaves. This also caused another bad blood. Two of them turned their back on me w.r.t. money. If you really love your friends, I will advise, you should avoid asking for money from them. Money spoils relationships a lot.

We got admitted in March 2022, but we submitted the application in September 2022 because I want to satisfy my conscience that the money we had was well above what is needed.

It's one year program that is to commence in winter 2023. We paid the first-semester fee and showed a POF of over 13mil. After the application, I removed my mind completely till the allotted time for SP finishes before sending webform. This is not to say we were not checking her email. I raised just one webform on the 12th of December 2022 informing IRCC that the allotted time for review (60/90 days) has elapsed. I didn't hear from them on the 12th and 13th, but on the 14th day of December 2022, my wife's email got a new mail. The email address was strictly for this process. So, I hurriedly opened it on my phone and you need to see the joy overflowing in me.

Majority of the documents I gathered as supporting documents (i.e. a letter of reference from my company to a letter of reference from where she volunteered) I forgot to upload. These were key documents, but God proves Himself...

God will not share His glory with any man.

Her Timeline
Upfront Medical: 20th July 2022 at IOM Lagos
Submitted: 13th September 2022
Biometrics: 19th September 2022
Biometrics: uploaded on 06th October 2022
Background check: 06th October 2022
Medicals passed: 23rd September 2022
Original Passport Request: 14th December 2022
Review of eligibility: 22nd December 2022
Final Decision: 22nd December 2022
POE: 23rd December 2022

Before I forget, we didn't get any notification via mail or on her IRCC Account apart from upfront medical passed and Biometrics. every other notification was updated after the Original Passport Request of 14th December 2022.

Our Covenant highway came earlier than expected.

My final word here to all, everybody's situation is peculiar, though you can have one or two situations that look the same.

To all those waiting, the GOD that did this for us will do for you. Just have faith and believe.

See you all on the other side SOWP and Study Permits for kids.

N/B:

kudos to Makano, skulleva, and others not mentioned for the wealth of knowledge being shared here without asking for a dime.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Sorry for the refusal

You have to apply for CBSA notes to know why you were denied.

How long is your programme?
How much was the POF?
Are self-sponsored or third party sponsored?
What type of programme is it? Masters or PGC?
what is the course and what do you presently do?
You can answer these so some insights can be shared to you by the house.

something about insufficient available funds. please what documents can i submit to strengthen my claim?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bankowner: 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2023
AskGod07:
Please is there any hope for HND holder in Canada institution? Also is there age limit or study gap?
1. Hope for HND holder? Yes. Apply to a College for a Post graduate certificate or diploma program. I came in with HND as well.
2. Age limit? No. As long as you're able to package your application well.
3. Study gap? Yes & No. Depends on the visa officer reviewing your application. Mine was NO despite not having any additional degree in over 5
years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Princessmay11:
Yayy congratulations to you and yours. Same with me PPR today February 4th for my husband, see you on the other side SOWP for me and VV for my baby girl

Please can we talk on whatsapp. 08061149431.
I will deeply appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bambi222:

something about insufficient available funds. please what documents can i submit to strengthen my claim?

Hi, You did not answer the questions I asked, was the application done by an agent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2023
bullstriker:
Don’t worry; it will not affect the outcome of your application.
Use the link below to access the web form. First, upload a copy of the new passport with an explanation. Then, when you receive a passport request, submit the new passport and a coloured copy of the old passport with an explanation.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Okay thanks a lot brother. The issues is that I even uploaded the new passport as the passport. It was in the filling of passport number that I wrote the former passport number? Should I still go ahead or what do you think, Sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gsrt: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good evening house,
I need help… I already got ppr and passport back from vfs but my program will be starting in September and my passport will expire in July, this means the visa on my passport will expire in July.

When is the best time to travel ?

Can I renew my passport now and travel with both passport without any issues ?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adedini88(m): 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
I’m please guys can someone use stock exchange for POF ?? Please guys it’s urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
adedini88:
I’m please guys can someone use stock exchange for POF ?? Please guys it’s urgent

No, you can't.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Hi, You did not answer the questions I asked, was the application done by an agent?

sorry, yes it was
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
Army2022:
Is your campus Doon?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
Please someone should answer me.

Do children of International student pay school fees in elementary and high school? If yes what's the range please? I want to factor this into my expenses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shukusheka(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Is it compulsory an investment certificate for POF must not exceed 6 months? I have an investment certificate that matures in 9 months even though I have paid the tuition and I worry it might affect my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bambi222:

sorry, yes it was

Please you will need CBSA notes to know the details. If you do not have it will not be advisable to reapply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Freeman6771: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
Is anyone going to Cambrian college here? Or anyone with the admission for October program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bambi222:
hello everyone,

Hi Bambi
For your first application did your eligibility start? And how long after eligibility started did they refuse your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Use the web form to send a completed IMM 1294. Don’t forget to explain.
Olayinkaji:

Okay thanks a lot brother. The issues is that I even uploaded the new passport as the passport. It was in the filling of passport number that I wrote the former passport number? Should I still go ahead or what do you think, Sir?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doctimi(m): 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2023
2 Bedroom Apartment for lease.
Close to Conestoga College, Kitchener Ontario.
Available from March 1, 2023

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good day house please is 341cad OK to do my calculations for POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2023
chithec:

Hi Bambi
For your first application did your eligibility start? And how long after eligibility started did they refuse your application?
I feel There is no need to be so bothered about all those eligibility and the rest. They might be working on it but not update on your portal. My application was November 2nd. PPR January 18th but my eligibility did not start and update as completed till January 27th(I believe this was when my passport was stamped because I got about 3 VFS emails that day and LOI the next day). My background check was also shown as completed November 4th but also wasn't updated till the same January 27th.
I think from what I have noticed on this thread and my own application: medical update/request is usually the biggest sign that a decision is close. My upfront medical was updated to pass January 10 and the PPR came 18th. Other timelines are usually similar after medical update/request

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnemak(m): 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
No, as far as i know
skentelelady:
Please someone should answer me.

Do children of International student pay school fees in elementary and high school? If yes what's the range please? I want to factor this into my expenses

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blkomo: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
doctimi:
2 Bedroom Apartment for lease.
Close to Conestoga College, Kitchener Ontario.
Available from March 1, 2023

Drop your number please

(1) (2) (3) ... (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.