Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1239018 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2023
I submitted my form A with gtb and it has been in adb review, do I still need to visit the bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esmer: 9:15am On Feb 07, 2023
Fredba:
I submitted my form A with gtb and it has been in adb review, do I still need to visit the bank?

When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by timba4love(m): 9:17am On Feb 07, 2023
@Iamash ..Congrats bro...I'm also trying to apply for my SPOW my wife and visiting VISA for my kids. Which IMM forms are required for SPOW?Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2023
Jan 26

Esmer:

When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by timba4love(m): 9:18am On Feb 07, 2023
Jolly444:
Congratulations 🎉

@Iamash ..Congrats M'am...I'm also trying to apply for my SPOW my wife and visiting VISA for my kids. Which IMM forms are required for SPOW?Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MUNCHY1: 9:27am On Feb 07, 2023
Good day house,

Please who recently booked a flight to Canada? What airlines are offering fare rates now. What am seeing online is turning my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2023
Course?

Kehindeafolabi:

Will be to centennial by May too. If there’s any group. Let me know. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2023
Aderinsola18:

Not seen any too…. Maybe we should form one ourselves.

Course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MrErudite(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2023
Oluebube33:
Please, I want to know if there is any university in Canada that does not collect any tuition fee before coming to canada.

If there are, I would like to know them.

Cape Breton University

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 10:02am On Feb 07, 2023
Please l need Gift deed sample.can be sent to tomatoe2016@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DNAconverter: 10:07am On Feb 07, 2023
Good day all. Following and learning valuable lessons while waiting for LOA. I submitted graduate school applications to four different Canadian Universities for September 2023 intake. And for now, I carried the Sun within me and I am oozing nothing but optimism.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikay3502(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2023
@bobomaigida pls how does that apply board stuff work abeg.. I just most recently signed up to it, and am a lil confused about it.. can you walk me through it abeg.. I sent u a mail though, pls accept
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 10:31am On Feb 07, 2023
Fredba:

You need to go to the selected branch so it can be worked on and approved. That is when the actual count down start. Alternatively if you have a reliable account officer put a call through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bmuhd4smile: 10:48am On Feb 07, 2023
Hello great minds!

I need clarification regarding POF for Canada study route. MSc / PhD.

Do I have to show tuition fee for the entire duration of study + living expenses for the entire duration ( years) am to study. Or it is just first year's tuition fee and living expenses for first year too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2023
Please someone should help outp.

I read somewhere that even if your school waves ielts for you that IRCC will still request for it
Please is this true
If it is not completely true, under what conditions will IRCC request for Ielts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 11:11am On Feb 07, 2023
Has ur eligibility started? Did they request for ur medicals or you did upfront medicals
Demola2204:
Good evening,
Please I have been on the processing of my Canadian Student visa since last year. I did my biometrics on September 27, 2022 and my medicals on 8th of December, 2022 of which the result has been uploaded that I passed. I have been expecting to hear from IRCC for my passport to be submitted for visa. I have to get across to my school to defer my admission because I was to resume on 6 February, 2023. Please what could have been the reason for the delay? Has anyone been in this type of situation before to throw more light. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lawode: 11:25am On Feb 07, 2023
OldwomanWoman:
Words of advise to women who are coming without their spouses..if you coming with kids..get ready!!! I notice nobody talks about the reality on ground…It will hit hard,you will question why you embarked on the journey..

Don’t let any agent deceive you to leave your spouse behind..I know they say it increases one’s chance ..who go get visa to get visa or better still..come alone first and do all the ground work then your kids can join you later..

People are not giving feedback on their first few months as international student with kids and no spouse.

If you insist, pls come into the country earlier..like two months before resumption..common mistakes women without their spouse make..

Come with plenty money too..plenty plenty money..if you know anyone in Canada (family) connect with them to see if they can accommodate pending when your sort accommodation..

Accommodation is one hell of a task for women with kids..you will go through hell and back before you find one .. even if you can prove that you can afford they won’t still give..

Last last some of us paid 6 months upfront!

Not to put fears but prepare yourself..prepare hard!

Don’t make the mistake of coming alone without spouse..spouse can accompany, then he returns once you are settled..

The worst time to travel as a mom with kids and no spouse is winter!!!!!!

No fears..just prepare yourself! Relocation is huge! Prepare!!!!!!

@OldWomanWoman, thanks for looking out for other women. I believe this conversation rarely comes up here because this is a thread for those who are trying to obtain study permit. It is however quite important that people who have gone ahead should give back like you are doing, by giving helpful survival pointers. You mentioned that the man should be around until the family settles down, do you think this can be done within a month? what do you mean by the woman coming to prepare the ground? How long will you consider a good length of time for the woman to have spent ( preparing the ground) before the children can join her? Can you just generally throw more light on the situation? Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 11:35am On Feb 07, 2023
I'm using my sister's acct for it the branch I selected is here I am but she isn't. What do I do?

TradeSunMoore:

You need to go to the selected branch so it can be worked on and approved. That is when the actual count down start. Alternatively if you have a reliable account officer put a call through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:39am On Feb 07, 2023
How many times should one send webforms, Please>
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
bullstriker:
No worries. Yes, you can, even if you use the new portal.
Good day Boss. I just received a message from them
Stating:
Good day,

Your passport has been updated.

Regards,.

How would I know if it has been effected, I checked but still same thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abbasdaughter(f): 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,
My husband just got admitted to New Brunswick Community College last month, we are a family of four and we are thinking that he should apply alone so that I and my child can serve as family ties, also to better his chances of getting approved for visa.
Now we have so many questions
1. concerning proof of fund
2. He did computer science as B.sc now he got admitted for Diploma in Electronics engineering Technology....hope the different courses will not raise red flags?
3. He's over 40 with over 15 years study gap
4. What does digital photo means?
5. 2 siblings in Canada are willing to write letters of sponsorship, please what will be needed
6. We have a lot of things that we don't know much about and I'll like if there's anyone who has gone through this process to put us thru, kindly
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pepper247(f): 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
[quote author=Winnerpoks post=120702371]

Add me too pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pepper247(f): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
beccadamilola:

2 coloured photocopy of your passport data page, printed copy of your biometrics letter note: print all the pages o I had to go back to print the last page when I was already at the counter... Print your appointment confirmation letter too. The photocopies can be black and white except data page and go with nose masks. Print all this documents before leaving home it is very expensive to print at vfs.

Hello pls how can one get appointments to Vfs abuja?

GL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
My brother (a public servant) sponsored my ND, BSC and now wants to sponsor my Msc in Canada. He wants to get a loan from bank and transfer it to my account for my POF.
1) What are the possible ways to let the VO know this and what are those things I'll need to proof my points?
2) Will there be any need to present his statement of account when I'm going for interview?
3) If yes, is it his salary account statement or his savings account statement I'll need to present?
He has landed properties, though others do not have survey plan but they is a particular one he bought in an estate that has been properly documented and surveyed.
4) Any need to get one of these documents and go along with it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princessmay11: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good day everyone. Please is it okay to defer one’s admission or change after visa has been approved? Will it affect in any way ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
[quote author=pepper247 post=120706457][/quote]

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment
Here is a link to vfs appointment website. Click on the option you like if its online you will register and go ahead to book
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
enemerci:
Please someone should help outp.

I read somewhere that even if your school waves ielts for you that IRCC will still request for it
Please is this true
If it is not completely true, under what conditions will IRCC request for Ielts

Ielts is not a compulsory requirement for student visa except you want to apply for Permanent residency that is the only condition I know that Ielts is compulsory. You can wait for gurus to add their answer too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Rest assured that they have corrected it. There is no way you can see it from your portal.
Olayinkaji:

Good day Boss. I just received a message from them
Stating:
Good day,

Your passport has been updated.

Regards,.

How would I know if it has been effected, I checked but still same thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Samxx: 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
try Ethiopian airways , better to book ahead as possible

MUNCHY1:
Good day house,

Please who recently booked a flight to Canada? What airlines are offering fare rates now. What am seeing online is turning my eyes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PweetyhadassahT: 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
How do I get an apartment from Nigeria please? It hasn't been easy looking for one.

I will be needing one in April. I tried to message those that posted on FB market place but the message has been taking forever to deliver.

What would you advise please?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by josephb(m): 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
[right][/right]I
saucekid50:
HELLO GUYS,
PLEASE I AM ABOUT APPLYING FOR NBCC. I want to know if they require sending official transcripts to the college for post graduate studies or if I can use my students copy for application… I Anticipate your response..
Thanks…..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Fredba:

I'm using my sister's acct for it the branch I selected is here I am but she isn't. What do I do?

The bank will only deal with the account owner . Ordinary they should work on your application without any prompting. May be you should hold on a bit and see what happens.

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.