Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1214764 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
Congratulations. What was the duration of the course? one or two years? Was also recently denied, I don't think they got the first year tuition payment I submitted via webform too.

Rabbi25:
Good Morning Guys

Is PPR Guys

I must sincerely appreciate you all for your contribution, comments and feedbacks. I couldn't have done it without this page.

Virtually everything I did was direct outcome of the information I got here.

My first application was denied for because of insufficient found on October 28 last year, immediately reapplied on the 11th of November with same details. But this time instead of sending my school fees payment through webform I attached it with my application.

My Lesson

Attach everything necessary before submitting application, your additional attachment through webform might not be considered

One more thing I did, was attaching another updated Statement of Account and Tuition Fee Payment Confirmation alongside my Admission deferment letter. This was sent just before my Eligibility commenced

My first application was denied because the visa office never considered my $16,000 tuition fee payment I made 2 months after submitting my application.

Funny enough my proof of fund in my first application that was denied was almost twice the amount in the second application.

Thanks guys

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2023
Filling the imm5707 family information form, do I need to print and sign the form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryrichie: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
Any August applicant in the building ? i pray we all get a good news soon.

Canada will humble you cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tosyn98: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
HI guys I'm new here. i'm at a crossroad right now. I studied Theatre and Media arts in my undergraduate level and i am presently working with a loan company as the data analyst. I want to do my masters degree in business management or anything related to business this is because my sponsor who is my step dad owns a production factory and also into a number of business. I want to use that as a tie to come back to my home country as well. After all my research i found out that i do not meet the requirements for MBA. But i meet the requirement for Public administration. i need advice on if i should go for the public administratiojn and write a good statement of purpose to back in up or i should just find a course that is related to my field of study. At the same time i need a course that would be useful for me in Canada as well.

THANKS A LOT.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Babalakin(m): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hello house, please can anyone advise on a good pre-masters course to study at the University of Manitoba? For a sociology graduate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Afolakemitee: 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hello guys,
Pls I need your advice, so my approval came in last week Tuesday.
And I was meant to resume with the January 2023 intake.

My school already deferred me and gave me the admission letter for January 2024 and has waitlisted me for May and September 2023 since I was still waiting for approval from IRCC.
Also I have paid my tuition fee in full

So my questions are this,

I would like to know if I can still travel this Feburary with my January 2023 admission letter and probably let them know at POE that my approval came late. (Has anyone had this kinda experience before )

Secondly will they expect I have an enrollment letter already since I have a receipt showing I have paid in full or the enrollment letter isnโ€™t compulsory ?

Pls guys i need your advice ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cuttestprince(m): 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good day Honourables,I've applied for study permit since Sept 30,no decision yet on my application, I've sent countless webform and no update yet,pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gisele2023: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good day my people. Am so happy I found this forum.in 2021 i was refused a canda study visa saying
1.. I am not satisfied that u will leave Canada based on ur immigration status
2,,I am not satisfied that u will leave Canada based on ur purpose of visit.
NOW I REALY NEED ADVISE .FIRST I AM NOT RESIDING IN MY HOME COUNTRY PLUS AM USING A STUDY permit ,HOW DO I SHOW THAT I WILL GO BACK TO MY HOME COUNTRY CUZ I LEAVE WITH MY HUSBAND AND KIDS IN THIS COUNTRY. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE HERE MY HUBUY WORKS IN THE GOVERNMENT HERE TOO .HOW DO I RECONCILS ALL THIS OR PROFF THAT I WILL RETURN. I HAVE A YOUNG SISTER IN CANDA ,WAS IT A MISTAKE TO SAY I HAVE A RELATIVE THERE?AGAIN I Have a bachelor degree in International relation but that time I applied for a diploma in disability studies. But I have corrected that by apply for a post graduate diploma in political science. This time around I don't want to make any mistakes pls .one thing that has also stressed me is the fact that my degree was a three years program and to qualify for masters u need a four yr bachelor's now it's difficult for me to find a post graduate programme. And there is nothing like honours in Canada because most Undergraduate programs is 4yrs including honors. It's been very stressful for me.i only succeeded in submitting only one application for September 2023 .I want more school but can't find .is either Undergraduate programs masters program wh I don't qualify or colleges wh am already above.help pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
bullstriker:
Rest assured that they have corrected it. There is no way you can see it from your portal.
Thanks a lot Bro. I really apreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
MUNCHY1:
Good day house,

Please who recently booked a flight to Canada? What airlines are offering fare rates now. What am seeing online is turning my eyes.
โ€ฆ..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bmuhd4smile: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hello guys!

I am currently in Europe on a master program. I intend to apply for another master in Canada or PhD in business courses. My enquiries:

(1) I need list of schools with jan 2024 Intake

(2) Do I show POF for the entire duration of study and entire tuition fee for 2 years program. Incase of PhD, do I show 4years tuition fee or just 1 year.

(3) is applying with existing master for new masters a red flag. Kindly assit with info

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Demola2204: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
Please what do mean by eligibility. I didn't do any of the processing upfront. It was been required. Both the biometrics and medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Stifflah09(m): 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good afternoon guys how long does it take vfs to return passport after submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bmuhd4smile: 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

I can understand how difficult it would be travelling to Canada all alone without your partner. However, you need to sacrifice for a few months so as to achieve a positive outcome on your application before filling for your hubby to join you. More importantly, it is better to apply from your home country where you've adequate ties than from the UK. Your application is at risk of being denied should you apply from the UK.

It will end in praise

I thought one would have better chance by applying from UK or Europe o. Even if it's study route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
pls how much u used as POF. in your second application
thanks

joefit4gur:
Congratulations. What was the duration of the course? one or two years? Was also recently denied, I don't think they got the first year tuition payment I submitted via webform too.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bmuhd4smile: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2023
If I apply Bachelor's for my wife. Can I join as her dependent. Or that's reserved for masters level
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 6:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
larryrichie:
Any August applicant in the building ? i pray we all get a good news soon.

Canada will humble you cry cry cry

You mean you have not gotten a decision yet since August. Am august applicant and most august applicants who were active here since August have gotten a decision.i got my visa in December after 4months but not without sending over 200 urgent webforms. Have you been sending webforms and also when is your resumption date. If your resumption date is close they will fast track your application if you keep sending daily webform. If it's far they may not respond. I was meant to resume December but had to defer to march due to visa delay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
Please what is the best site to compress pdf files,l used ilovepdf ,seems file quality is not okay.Kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojadaddy28: 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
Evening house please do anyone knows about Saskatchewan polytechnic and hope a year program wit a year pgwp leads to pr?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
Please who Has successfully paid for flight using Egypt air, I am finding it difficult to pay with my Mastercard.
Please I will appreciate any lead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Babalakin(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Positiveme2020:
Please who Has successfully paid for flight using Egypt air, I am finding it difficult to pay with my Mastercard.
please how much is the fare.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
Positiveme2020:
Why not avoid Egypt air. Use Ethiopian air instead.
You can watch Egypt air reviews by Nigerians on YouTube. It's terrible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
pufframmy:
pls how much u used as POF. in your second application
thanks

I have not submitted the second application. Probably early March.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
subzheero:
Please what is the best site to compress pdf files,l used ilovepdf ,seems file quality is not okay.Kindly assist.
Use combine pdf

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hello everyone,

I intend to change my DLI tho I am already in Canada

Pls what do I need to do? As regards IRCC .. what are the steps needed to be taken?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olamidecanada: 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good day everyone, to those that have previously applied to George brown college please how long did it take before you were offered an admissio and also what was the deposit fee you were required to pay?.

Thank you all,
In anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
Guest911:

Why not avoid Egypt air. Use Ethiopian air instead.
You can watch Egypt air reviews by Nigerians on YouTube. It's terrible

Do you know how I can pay?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
Babalakin:
please how much is the fare.

About 409k plus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
Positiveme2020:

Do you know how I can pay?
I used their app, and i paid with my access bank naira visa card. Basically any Nigerian card should work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OldwomanWoman: 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Yes the man should accompany his wife and kids to settle down then he can return to Nigeria..I am not exaggerating or trying to instill fear..Women who are here alone with kids are finding it very difficult navigate .coping with school,kids and trying to settle down will make you question your mental health.
Getting a house is a very difficult task cos of the requirements involved which most newcomers do not have and especially if you do not have your spouse, they may question how you gonna pay the house rent and also some landlords may not want to take kids..There are lot of things involved.the type of house you looking at and your budget too. You may be interested in one bedroom and some landlords may not want more than two persons to be in a one bedroom.you may keep getting rejections until one finally have mercy on you.Ontario is on the high side when it comes to housing..budget well..if you are coming with more than one child it is not expected or ideal to live in a shared apartment..you should get a one bedroom or two which may exceed your budget.
Like I wrote earlier,there are a lot of things to consider.
If you no to get money..no carry pass one pikin come for now
When I said groundwork..donโ€™t put too much burden on your wife by letting her come with the kids..she can arrive alone then send for the kids later after she has settled down.
If you insist..come with your wives..wives with kids are going through a lot..these first few month is usually tough except you have people(family)on ground who are willing to assist you.
Marriage sef to shake lol
But things will eventually align and fall into place.
Best wishes
Lawode:

@OldWomanWoman, thanks for looking out for other women. I believe this conversation rarely comes up here because this is a thread for those who are trying to obtain study permit. It is however quite important that people who have gone ahead should give back like you are doing, by giving helpful survival pointers. You mentioned that the man should be around until the family settles down, do you think this can be done within a month? what do you mean by the woman coming to prepare the ground? How long will you consider a good length of time for the woman to have spent ( preparing the ground) before the children can join her? Can you just generally throw more light on the situation? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OldwomanWoman: 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
Donโ€™t try it! He that has ears let him hear..
Nobody tells you the reality!
Apply together..who IRCC go give them go give.
enemerci:

Without being told sef.....
I no fit try am. Let him follow with a visiting visa biko. Even just thinking about how you will cope there without any help can give you head ache

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
Guest911:

I used their app, and i paid with my access bank naira visa card. Basically any Nigerian card should work
I am also using their app, but payment won't go through with my GT master card

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.