Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1214914 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2023
Am new here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2023
HopefulSuccess:
PPR Timeline and Documents

First Time Applicant
I give God the Glory for making this a reality. Truely, what God cannot do does not exist!

I would like to thank @Teeebabyyy, @Johnstan, @Thomysne @Jaykeh @Trailblazer21 @bullstriker @Joedave25 @lolathegenie and @Gigdraft @Yemilizzy for giving prompt response to my questions.

I submitted my application in July. I started visiting this platform after and I gained some wealth of knowledge.
My SOP was simple and straight to the point (2 pages with one extra page listing the documents I submitted).
I also had lump sum of 2M from my sponsor in my personal statement of account and also salary account which was a bonus from work. I did not explain the lump sums and when ever I see peoples' PPR story, I get anxious and the thought of explaining the lump sum and sending an updated SOP via webform always came to mind but I never did. To be sincere, after seeing some PPRs and documents submitted on this platform, I get worried about my application. I decided to relax and trust God to perfect it.
In August, I got a scholarship, sent it via webform but never got a response (aside generic response) until October. I also sent an email to the MP but they replied that the agents were busy with Russia applicants so they couldn't help.
2nd week in November, I sent a webform to ask for update on my application.
The following week, I forwarded email to Nairobi office.
The 4th week, I emailed Accra, Nairobi and London asking for update and also requesting them to expedite my application. That same week, I ordered my CBSA note. Lo and behold, I checked my portal a week after and saw that my eligibility had started. The following day, I received a medical request.

Timeline
GCKey Account
Application Submitted: July 16th, 2022
Biometrics: July 20, 2022
Biometrics updated: July 20, 2022
CBSA notes ordered: November 24, 2022
Eligibility review: November 30, 2022 (That was the date I saw it. Started between 28th and 30th November)
Medical Request: December 1, 2022
CBSA Notes Received: December 15, 2922
Medical Done: December 21, 2022
Medical Passed: December 27, 2022
PPR: December 30, 2022

No of Webforms Sent: 4
Total No. of Emails Sent: 12

Webform Sent:
Scholarship Letter - Aug
IMM 5257 S1 Form - Sept
Updated LOA - Sept
Requested Application Status - Nov

Documents Submitted
Letter of Acceptance (Master's Degree - 1 Year)
First Degree Certificate
NYSC Certificate
WAEC Certificate
Affidavit for Correction of DOB (WAEC Cert)
Professional Certifications
Employment Letter
Payslips
Salary SOA/Personal SOA
Affidavit of Sponsorship
Sponsor SOA (Mother)
Receipt of Tuition Fee Paid - Almost 19% deposit
Resume
Academic Transcript
SOP - 3 pages
Passport Data Page
Birth Certificate
Police Character Certificate
Pages with Stamped Visa- 2 Countries (Africa and Asia)
Landed Property/Land Survey Document owned by Sponsor(No gift deed - I used it as my home tie and told them that my sponsor will gift it to me when I return to my home country following the completion of my degree. I also explained what I would use it for when I return to Nigeria.

At a point, I sent myself my medical request, PPR and timeline. I saw someone here who did it and got encouraged to do it. The following day, I got my medical request.
Just to encourage those waiting and expecting. Please keep hope alive. It looked like a long wait and had no idea of when it will end but it finally ended in praise. So will it for the hopeful(s)
Hi HopefulSuccess,

I'm elated to be a part of your testimony. Congratulations, and thanks for making me proud.

Now, who's next to make me happy?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:25am On Mar 18, 2023
Congrat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 9:27am On Mar 18, 2023
I believe Vo’s note is self-explanatory. I understand you want to apply for May, but reapplying immediately without substantial documentation and explanation can lead to the same outcome. Take your time to review the application for the obvious red flags.
Are the funds still in both accounts (sponsor and applicant)?
Can you prove the sources of the funds? Maybe proof of transfer from your business account to your personal statement?
Did you sell a property?
Is your sponsor’s bank statement from a personal or company account? Are there consistent deposits from the company’s account if it is the former?
subzheero:
Good morning, Please l received my gcms note this morning ,how can l address this.Again,out of anger l have requested for a refund from school but l haven't received it because l initially requested for a differer but school told me the next intake is next year May 2024 which is too far for me .Resumption is May 2023, can this still be tackled or l should collect my funds and look for another school .
Find below GCMS note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:36am On Mar 18, 2023
Do I need TOEFL?
@Gigdraft
@Justmellow
@frankrobbn1
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@Anon123 etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2023
Pls can a study application be submitted on weekends like dis...am done with my application was looking if I shd wait till Monday or not
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2023
Thanks Bullstriker, we both presented a personal account don't have a business account.However,me as the sponsor l only claim am self-employed but l am self employed at the same time employed l work in one of the commercial banks, is it still possible to include this in the next application to enable me add offer letter,pay slip,pension and others...Again documentation for source of funds is another issue.Most of the funds was like a payment for service rendered to someone and mode of payment is always transfer.Fund still available but some was converted to USD last month into primary Applicant's DOM acct because at a time we were thinking of doing GIC after the refusal...am just confusedddd

bullstriker:
I believe Vo’s note is self-explanatory. I understand you want to apply for May, but reapplying immediately without substantial documentation and explanation can lead to the same outcome. Take your time to review the application for the obvious red flags.
Are the funds still in both accounts (sponsor and applicant)?
Can you prove the sources of the funds? Maybe proof of transfer from your business account to your personal statement?
Did you sell a property?
Is your sponsor’s bank statement from a personal or company account? Are there consistent deposits from the company’s account if it is the former?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Atigba: 10:20am On Mar 18, 2023
Gigdraft:
Hi HopefulSuccess,

I'm elated to be a part of your testimony. Congratulations, and thanks for making me proud.

Now, who's next to make me happy?

Why do you apply with GCKey account.

What happened to the new online portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Theojamal77: 10:24am On Mar 18, 2023
Gigdraft:
Hi Theojamal77,

Maybe we should revisit the definition of "sponsor".

What relationship do you share with your benefactor and why is he gifting you?

Can't wait to celebrate with you!

She is my mother but the reason she isn’t stated as my sponsor is because there isn’t much inflow and outlflow of cash in her bank statement for the past 6months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 10:40am On Mar 18, 2023
Atigba:

Why do you apply with GCKey account.

What happened to the new online portal
Hi Atigba,

The new portal is an ameliorated study permit application channel. However, the two mediums are equally effective. I will only recommend the latter to applicants with bulky documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2023
Republic001:
Pls can a study application be submitted on weekends like dis...am done with my application was looking if I shd wait till Monday or not
Hi Republic001,

Kindly note that the time of the day or day of the week you choose to submit your application is paltry. Please go ahead with your submission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 10:55am On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
Do I need TOEFL for visa? How many days before I get the visa? How much will I pay? How much is agent fee? How much will I spend from beginning to the end?

@Gigdraft
@Justmellow
@frankrobbn1
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@Anon123 etc
Hi PutinDBomb,

Visit the link below to track the official IRCC processing time. Regarding your first question, please note that TOEFL is not required for a Canadian study permit application.

Processing Time: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

I would suggest you read previous pages of the thread. The answer to your other questions are already there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Barahskali: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2023
Yes...with an intriguing sop
JESUSSON1:
Congrats. U only used ur sponsor SOA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Barahskali: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2023
Gckey
Markab:
Congratulations, we can’t wait to welcome to you in Canada.

Just a quick question, did you apply through IRCC portal or the GCKey?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2023
Morning guys,

Need your help in understanding this my checklist - program is diploma

The one I circled red says "In addition to the above three items, you must also submit". My question is what three items above? Is Family information form part of the three items?

The one I circled yellow what background information questions are they referring to here

Also, these forms you guys have mentioned you downloaded and submitted, were you prompted to download, fill and upload them. I didn't get such a prompt, is it safe to assume they are not applicable to me?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2023
Barahskali:
Yes...with an intriguing sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 11:56am On Mar 18, 2023
ANGELAFELIX:
Good afternoon
Did anyone need a pta to travel
Is it compulsory or we can just carry normal cash
Anyone that has traveled abeg did you register for any travel allowance
Abeg answer me please
Or it’s not compulsory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Soraco57(m): 11:59am On Mar 18, 2023
morning, please i need peoples view , i want to sponsor my sister to school in Canada, i have a registered business enterprise in Nigeria , i deal in real estate and transport but i use my savings account for the business as well, i use same account to apply for study visa for Lithuania coupled with my landed property and tax clearance certificate and i was granted with the same statement of account. so i want to ask that can i use the same statement of account for my sister as i want to sponsor her though she is married, what are the documents i will provide on my own part as a sponsor and what is the minimum amount to be available inside the account, i have valid residence permit in the country as well as am not in Nigeria at the moment, please any further suggestions are welcome, as i know Canada application no b beans
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AhamefulaEkwonna(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

So sorry about the refusal. Please order your GCMS notes to see exactly the concerns of the visa officer.

Yes bro, I have just ordered for it this morning and I am waiting for it to be processed and delivered to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AhamefulaEkwonna(m): 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good evening everyone, please having been denied twice for study permit for reasons of POF to show for two years program.

Please does anyone know any Designated Learning Institution in canada that offers 1 year undergraduate certificate program without an initial tuition deposit?

Please I really need some schools to apply to.

Please does anyone know of any?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CreativeWeb(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
Please, if someone has First and Masters degrees in a particular field not related to media production, but has a year of non traditional training in media production and has over three years experience in media production, and wants to get a Diploma in Media Production from a school in Canada, will he get the admission and what of visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Slimboss042: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good day everyone please I need an urgent answer to this question
I submitted my study visa application last week and this week Monday, my eligibility is being reviewed. I want to know if they have passed my medical exams and biometrics because there’s no update there. And I want to know the possibility of early approval since they started the eligibility review on time. And I’m going for may intake, a quick response from anyone here will go a long way thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Reach2me: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hello, everyone. Please, I want to get something straight. Upon study permit application, those who get refusals do not get medical requests right? So basically once one receives medical request, it’s certain they would get PPR also, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
Reach2me:
Hello, everyone. Please, I want to get something straight. Upon study permit application, those who get refusals do not get medical requests right? So basically once one receives medical request, it’s certain they would get PPR also, right?
Not correct someone has gotten medical request and no ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
Guest911:

Not correct someone has gotten medical request and no ppr
Don't say what you don't know. Allow the gurus in the house to answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyola16: 2:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hello everyone, please who has information about the admission status at MUN for 2023/24 session. Has anyone receive admission letter?
Welsh2np:

The province is great and it’s in the Atlantic Canada.

And as for MUN- it’s also beautiful.

What exactly do you want to know?
- it’s also about if the university wants to consider you as much as you want to consider them, lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, please I finished my master's degree in 2015 and I want to apply for a post graduate diploma course in Canada, since then I have just be doing volunteer works and personal businesses mostly, it's me and my parent that wants to fund the program, hope my application won't be affected?... Please I need experts advise here before I proceed paying application fee so it won't waste.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Asekzz: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
Medical request is 90Percent visa guarantee...if God knw catch person..is you pass your medical next is ppr...if God knw catch person....wish us all luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Makah00: 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Welsh2np:

Drop your number or email let’s talk
Can I talk to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Makah00: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
bullstriker:
1. Coop Letter
2. IMM 1294
3. A coop work permit is not required if you will complete Coop before Dec 2023
4. IMM 5257 SCH1
Can I talk to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sweetjay20: 4:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Theojamal77:
Goodday Gurus In the house. I have an important question.

Can I receive a gift deed of 10million naira from a person who isn’t stated as my sponsor, if so, how do I go about it and what documents do I need to submit in regards to show the legitimacy of the gift.

No, you cannot recieve a gift deed of 10 million naira from a person who is not stated as your sponsor. A gift deed is a legally binding document that must be signed by both the giver and the reciever. Since the person is not stated as your sponsor, they cannot legally sign the deed gift. If the deed gift is not properly documented and notarized, it will not be considered legally valid. Therefore you cannot recieve a gift deed of 10 million naira from a person who is not stated as your sponsor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.