Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1239397 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thestarbear:

Yes : )
I used UPs, sent mine to lagos on Friday and received it the next Friday stamped. Paid for two way courier

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
Yes
Application fee (150 CAD) + Biometrics (85 CAD)= 235 CAD
Medicals= 46,500
Not sure if they r going to charge to send my passport, but that's all I paid : )

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
Olayinkaji:
I used UPs, sent mine to lagos on Friday and received it the next Friday stamped. Paid for two way courier
Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thestarbear:

Thank you!!
Na yesterday I even receive am. You ate welcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thestarbear:

Application fee (150 CAD) + Biometrics (85 CAD)= 235 CAD
Medicals= 46,500
Not sure if they r going to charge to send my passport, but that's all I paid : )
That means you didn't spend 200k. How did you get sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
Do I need TOEFL for visa? How many days before I get the visa? How much will I pay? How much is agent fee? How much will I spend from beginning to the end?

@Gigdraft
@Justmellow
@frankrobbn1
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@Anon123 etc
Gurus answer me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
Do I need TOEFL for visa? How many days before I get the visa? How much will I pay? How much is agent fee? How much will I spend from beginning to the end?

@Gigdraft
@Justmellow
@frankrobbn1
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@Anon123 etc

1. You don't need TOEFL for visa but you might need it for your admission to your school if it is compulsory. There are other cheaper English exams that can be done if your school requests it.
2. The days us not fixed, it varies. But canada said a processing time of 10 weeks. Some get it earlier and some later.
3. How much you will pay depends on your application. For visa application 235 CAD and medicals 46,500. Then add your proof of fund.
4. You can do it yourself or use agent. Agent fee varies. I did it myself and God helped me secure the visa.
5. Again it depends on you. You do yourself or you use agent. Or you pay fees, the choice is yours. Koko have enough money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
That means you didn't spend 200k. How did you get sponsor?
I am my own sponsor, I did everything myself!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Olayinkaji:

1. You don't need TOEFL for visa but you might need it for your admission to your school if it is compulsory. There are other cheaper English exams that can be done if your school requests it.
2. The days us not fixed, it varies. But canada said a processing time of 10 weeks. Some get it earlier and some later.
3. How much you will pay depends on your application. For visa application 235 CAD and medicals 46,500. Then add your proof of fund.
4. You can do it yourself or use agent. Agent fee varies. I did it myself and God helped me secure the visa.
5. Again it depends on you. You do yourself or you use agent. Or you pay fees, the choice is yours. Koko have enough money
What's the range of agency fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thestarbear:

I am my own sponsor, I did everything myself!
How did you fund your account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
Pgirl08:
Pls if my like 10million is placed on lien and I have 11million to show for POF...if I send MBS to the embassy...Will they see it that the money was placed on lien...Will it affect my application?....pls guru in the house I want to know.
They won’t. Embassy don’t have access into ur bank account all Dey do is call bank’s headquarters and verify ur account nd d balance that’s all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
Bamz555:

They won’t. Embassy don’t have access into ur bank account all Dey do is call bank’s headquarters and verify ur account nd d balance that’s all
How did you know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lawode: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
Olayinkaji:

Omoo this one tough. Because going for pgd after a masters looks somehow like a downgrade. I don't know if anyone here has done it before.
Except you can write a very enticing SOP on why you want to go for the pgd, how it relates to your work experience and co

It is not a problem if you can show that the education or knowledge you are getting is relevant to your career growth and it is different from that obtained from your Masters. You can actually explain that you don't see need for another masters since you already have one, and you are choosing PGD because it is practical and will fill your specific skill/knowledge gap.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
How did you fund your account?
I'm self employed, I work from home for companies abroad : )

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thestarbear:

I'm self employed, I work from home for companies abroad : )
Like how much are they paying? Are you a man or a woman? Are you married?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
How did you know?
Oga u said u new here yet u gathering information like u just wan apply and na still u deh question people answers.
Well that’s what my bank manager told me.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
LMAO. Who be this

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Bamz555:

Oga u said u new here yet u gathering information like u just wan apply and na still u deh question people answers.
Well that’s what my bank manager told me.
just say bank manager told you. Because am new here I should just accept whatever you say without asking where you heard Abi? Sorry, that's not possible. You can't say what's wrong and I will not correct you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Bamz555:

LMAO. Who be this
Please face front. Am not talking to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
I don't rly think this concerns ur visa application so I'm not going to answer ur questions : )

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thestarbear:

I don't rly think this concerns ur visa application so I'm not going to answer ur questions : )
How much is your tuition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
How much is your tuition?
Like 17k CAD (per year)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thestarbear:

Like 17k CAD (per year)
How was was in your account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HelperDeji(m): 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Anybody with good view.

V.O requested for additional documents and we are able to respond within the notice period. When should I expect a response from IRCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wizardbee: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
Guest911:

Are you smart like this? I mentioned someone on nairaland got medical request and no ppr. Doesn't that tell you medical request doesn't guarantee ppr.

The guy case was different, IRCC claimed they didn’t receive his medical result after the 30 days Grace, correct me if I’m wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
HelperDeji:
Anybody with good view.

V.O requested for additional documents and we are able to respond within the notice period. When should I expect a response from IRCC?
What did they ask?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wizardbee:

The guy case was different, IRCC claimed they didn’t receive his medical result after the 30 days Grace, correct me if I’m wrong
Guest911 is saying what he doesn't know. That's why I said he's saying what he didn't know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HelperDeji(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
What did they ask?

More documents concerning proof of fund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PutinDBomb: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
HelperDeji:

More documents concerning proof of fund.
What exactly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by babineli: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
Has anyone been recently debited tuition fees from there accounts using FORM_A would like to know what bank you used and how many days it took them to debit you. Want to know if the processing is till fast or slow, please kindly share when you applied for Form A and when you got debited plus the bank you used. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
Am trying to tell you to not say something that you don't understand. Allow the gurus to talk first

And what do you mean by guru? Is guru written on any bodies forehead, a question was asked , he answered and you are complaining. He is very correct if you must know. I have also seen some1 who got a medical request and still refused. You are hyping others as guru as if they didn’t learn on the platform.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
PutinDBomb:
What's the range of agency fee?
I did myself no agent

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.