Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 (31829 Views)

Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday / New Nigerian Airline To Begin Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by stepaside2: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
I cannot wait until campaigns start in September. Each candidate should tell us what they have done in the past and what specifically they will do to handle the issues we face today. Sweet talking will not cut it.

Tinubu has some sort of headstart over others but we will see what each candidate has to offer.

Apart from the Lekki Deep Seaport and all other industrial concerns in that free trade zone, I'm also impressed by the liberal policies of Lagos State that attracted to that business corridor the gigantic Dangote investments in Fertiliser and petroleum refining that are among the biggest in the world with respect to capacity and volume of business. The reclamation of the encroaching sea on Ahmadu Bello Way that led to creation of Eko Atlantic City and other state govt driven initiatives on properties along the internal waterways are just a bit of what I consider the legacies of Tinubu's team through the democratic years.

I say let ideas rule the airwaves

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by mozona(m): 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
More traffic in lagos
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by AlphaTaikun: 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by chaloskyx: 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2022
so does this strengthen our currency, fight off insurgency or promote good governance? get this rubbish project out of my sight
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by aribisala0(m): 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
There has been FG approval for a port in Akwa Ibom for years but they chose to build Worship centre and Stadium. That is their priority

tymicjay77:

If a state government bring investor and the federal government didn't give them license what will the investor do?
There are some project that state government decision can't just stand alone,
1. International airport
2.sea port
3.international loan
4.university( yes for a state to establish an accredited institution no be beans)
5. Dam or power generating plant
Etc.
So when you see this project taking place in any region the federal government must give their consent otherwise no matter the investor you bring they can't do nothing.
And note any investor will not accept naira for carrying out their project in any region , so the federal government policy can also kill the project even before the project start..

That is why , both southwest and north know the potential south East has if given a level ground to play., South West are only benefit from the Nigeria northern policy because north know if they keep the two region as enemy (south West and south east) this country will collapse .
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by aribisala0(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2022
vikiphy89:

Let FG give Onitsha and akwaibom the license and see for yourself. It's not a news that FG gives advantage to some region and withdrew other region that has same resources the license to carry on. Port Harcourt was an international airport, Enugu was also international, Sam mbakwe international cargo airport, but the FG withdrew their license to operate international while we are only having three international airport in Lagos, Abuja and Kano.
Portharcourt has three seaport, onne seaport and eleme seaport are supposed to be the hub for shipping down for those at the east. But they only channel everything to Lagos and it then makes cost of imported goods expensive, after getting a truck to transport the goods again from Lagos down to Onitsha and to Aba coupled with all the settlement you have to do on the way. so how is this helping the people? Let every region control their resources. Mind you state governors can't do this without go ahead confirmation from the federal government.
Some of you like to play victim perpetually. What did Goodluck Jonathan do when he was in power?

https://punchng.com/fg-approves-ibom-deep-seaport/
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Richy986: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Stop assuming things in your head and then bring it on a major forum like this. The FG has not stopped any state from developing their state. Tell your governors to stop looting and invest in the future of their state.
Hunchogee:
Federal Government as refuse to place their part for the port to kickstart
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by aribisala0(m): 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hunchogee:
Federal Government as refuse to place their part for the port to kickstart
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Emmanueledu(m): 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
Imagine what the already crazy traffic on the island will now become when this port begins operation!
Thank goodness I’m leaving this Lagos by the end of the year!!!
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Echoban: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
aribisala0:
Do not say what you do not know just to win online arguments. When you do not know keep quiet
Here you are saying FG contributed X or Y where did you get that from?

Which of my point is wrong?? undecided that FG has 5% stake or not??
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:
Waste of time ...

Just mention when in your lifetime that good news give you joy. Just one please �����
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by aribisala0(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Echoban:

Which of my point is wrong?? undecided that FG has 5% stake or not??
That is not what you said do not dissemble or play games
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by aribisala0(m): 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
stepaside2:
I cannot wait until campaigns start in September. Each candidate should tell us what they have done in the past and what specifically they will do to handle the issues we face today. Sweet talking will not cut it.

Tinubu has some sort of headstart over others but we will see what each candidate has to offer.

Apart from the Lekki Deep Seaport and all other industrial concerns in that free trade zone, I'm also impressed by the liberal policies of Lagos State that attracted to that business corridor the gigantic Dangote investments in Fertiliser and petroleum refining that are among the biggest in the world with respect to capacity and volume of business. The reclamation of the encroaching sea on Ahmadu Bello Way that led to creation of Eko Atlantic City and other state govt driven initiatives on properties along the internal waterways are just a bit of what I consider the legacies of Tinubu's team through the democratic years.

I say let ideas rule the airwaves
Yes
Human Development in Lagos State over the last 25 years have been Atrocious
Health? Well Tinubu won't do his secret surgery in Lagos Hospitals. He once advised Fashola to sack striking doctors

Education ? Hmm Do his family use the state University or go to foreign universities?
Jobs? What jobs??

Housing How many dwellings built in 24 years?
Water? Is there a water strategy? It is everyman for himself
Are people dying in Lagos from preventable deaths that could be avoided by clean water and improved sanitation? Yes hundreds daily
Transport . Well there is okada
These really are the issues Human quality of life issues not monuments of cement and steel. But what is life like in Lagos State for most people ,ordinary people? It is brutish
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Khaysee: 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
This is interesting
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Hunchogee: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
aribisala0:
They are you grant maritime for security and dredging approvals
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by elonize(m): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2022
All those praising tinubu for this..una no get sense.
So all d ports in Nigeria shud b in only 1place y Tins nogo dey cost for sm side pass some....ntin dey dat lagos
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Basicend: 11:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
YoungLionken:
The Lagos state governor is really doing nice, kudos!!!

What is he doing?

Show me one project he has started by himself and completed in his tenure. .

These ones where not his projects na. .

Compare him to Fashola or even Ambode at this point of their tenure. .

But Tinubu will easily pass this one for 2 term and fight those other 2 coz the money they were supposed to divert to Tinubu were being used for projects.
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by aribisala0(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2022
Basicend:

What is he doing?

Show me one project he has started by himself and completed in his tenure. .

These ones where not his projects na. .

Compare him to Fashola or even Ambode at this point of their tenure. .

But Tinubu will easily pass this one for 2 term and fight those other 2 coz the money they were supposed to divert to Tinubu were being used for projects.
There is no virtue in being the person to start and finish a project. Government is a continuous process . Nobody OWNS a project . The so called projects are done with public funds and if a person completes a project they deserve credit
At any rate government is not just about "projects" That is your limited understanding.
Why are Eboes so bitter
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by vastone(m): 10:45am On Aug 02, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Nice, but other riverine states should also do it too, it can't be only Lagos na.

There's Calabar, Akwaibom and Portharcourt.

Tribalism, is a diseases our Elders can't get cured from... They know how Economically viable we over in the SS, SE are and wouldn't like to see us prosper, yo get it's all a grand islamization Agenda. but our God Jehovah is the greatest, when it is time no Bastard from the two most parasitic Regions would stop it. It's their time let them enjoy!!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by manyus(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2022
Are there no ObEDIENT students on this platform again!. I dey expect your comments o
... or "They were not informed too?!" grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by vikiphy89(m): 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2022
Richy986:
Stop spreading lies. When did any governor from the South South and South East ever come out to say they were not given license to build a sea port ? Akwa Ibom is building Ibom deep sea port already. Please show us one instance of where under Buhari airport license was seized. The airlines must have stopped flying from there due to low patronage. Stop spreading falsehoods Obidient people.
When fools talk I know
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Tycyborg(m): 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2022
mustbewell:
Give Akwaibon state the license to do that too and reduce gridlock in apapa

The money GEJ gave their governor for the port dreging where is it... Why blame the FG instead of blaming the state government...
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Richy986: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2022
Your foolishness is beyond redemption. You are foolish and you still think you are wise. Show us where the FG seized license or refused to grant any license. Stupid idiot
vikiphy89:

When fools talk I know
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by vikiphy89(m): 5:07am On Aug 03, 2022
Richy986:
Your foolishness is beyond redemption. You are foolish and you still think you are wise. Show us where the FG seized license or refused to grant any license. Stupid idiot
Idiot, what happened to portharcourt airport?
Mumu
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by hollandis(f): 5:13am On Aug 03, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I always start by showing my bias,i will vote for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
This is one of the reasons why I will vote for him,if there's anyone in Nigeria who will square up to the cabal and break the Monopoly of some parasites in Nigeria,I'm sure it's Asiwaju.
He single handedly broke the Monopoly of the creation of local government way back in 2004,he single handedly tried to break the Monopoly of power generation with the ENRON IPP,even though he failed,but he gave Lagos its own sea port before leaving office.
I'm very sure if Asiwaju could do all these way back in 2007,I dare to imagine what else he will do in 2023.
Asiwaju approaches government as a business,he believes government should be run as a business, that's why he could Invest in the Telecom sector when it was still a start-up Industry in Nigeria,infact it's on record he was the 1st state governor to approach the stock exchange to seek for bonds to facilitate the rapid development of infrastructure in Lagos state way back in 2005.
Asiwaju is a financial juggernaut,that way back in 2004 when motor vehicle licence plates was a monopoly of the federal roads safety corps,he took on the agency and today Lagos State is able to mint its own motor vehicle licence plates.
That's why I campaign passionately for Asiwaju,Nigeria needs a big thinker,a big dreamer,a man who sees beyond this crazy primodal needs of food,shelter, clothing that our myopic leaders are obsessed about.
We haven't even started our campaign...
Oya Obiritualists and Atikulators tell us what your principal will do......
God bless Asiwaju
God bless Alh Shettima
God bless Nigeria

This one wet no Sabi English
Abeg comot
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Richy986: 10:58am On Aug 03, 2022
You are the big fool that can’t show a single publication that government seized Portharcourt airport international license. You are too stupid to know that airlines can decide not to fly from PortHarcourt if they are not making enough sales. You need emergency psychiatric help.
vikiphy89:

Idiot, what happened to portharcourt airport?
Mumu
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Faiththatworks(m): 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2022
This one wet no Sabi English
Abeg comot

Would have been better if you replied me in English,now crawl back to the hole you came out from
Re: Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
mustbewell:
Give Akwaibon state the license to do that too and reduce gridlock in apapa
They already have the license but they are too stupeed to do anything with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike, Ganduje’s Election Victories Under Threat / Buhari And Olu Jacobs: Same Dementia, Different Narratives - Farooq Kperogi / Soldiers In High Spirits After Recapture Of Boko Haram Enclave In Sambisa.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.