Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way (40395 Views)

Gaining Muscle And Loosing Fat / How To Gain Weight And How To Get Big In The Gym / 6 Healthy Ways To Gain Weight Really Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Bamz(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
V9er:
Eat more than you do and exercise. Don't worry about protein. Enough protein is way too expensive. You'll see results without it, trust me

This is not proper advice my guy.

"While a dirty bulk may be extremely effective for gaining muscle and strength quickly, its side effects include excess fat gain, feelings of sluggishness, and high cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Clean bulking promotes a controlled calorie surplus for building muscle while minimizing fat gain."

Source: Healthline.com
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Abilistic(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Bamz(m): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edoziesmart:

What is mass gainers?
I'm curious to know

Personally, I'd say stick to natural sources of food if you can because it's about sustainability in the end unless you're going for some competition and you're time strapped.
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by DavSagacity(m): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2022
U mean he should eat more of Agbado and Cassava..
Oyyeeso:
Àgbado and Cassava
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by kindredspirit(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edipet:
I have a small dumbbell at home plus a push-up. Is that okay for me. Because I usually feel intimidated at the gym house

Don't feel intimidated.

Guys at gyms are mostly lively and really good sport. Chances are they will assist you and put you through your paces with your workout when you're with them.
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by fantastic1: 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2022
1. You need to hit the gym. Forget all those working from home stuff as a beginner. Hit the gym. Talk to guys there. Ask them questions. There is nothing to be intimidated about.
2. Make protein your best friend. Protein will bulk you up. Eat, eat, eat but eat clean. Avoid sugar, flour and junks.
3. Get adequate sleep. Your muscles recover and grow when you sleep.
4. Damage your cells. Workout damages the cell. Until your muscle cells are damaged and given time to recover, they won’t grow.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by saajus: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2022
If it's Muscles that you need, then increase your protein intake and work out. Research foods that have complete protein and eat them a lot and you can use protein supplements to augment it. If your present weight is 80kg, then take 60g of protein daily. I got 60g because some researchers advised that you multiply your weight by 0.75 and that will give you the gram of protein you should be taking daily to get maximum result. Remember weight lifting and general workouts only activate your muscles, it is the amino acids in your protein that really build muscles. So, in muscle building, I rate lifting 30% and diet 70%.

If you just want to get fat, eat a lot of carbs and protein and live a sedentary lifestyle. I will advise you to build muscles cos too much fat is a big issue and prerequisite for many health issues.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Tapout(m): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
paradigmshift:
na why I no like gym lol... If you no continue to gym, d muscle go just shrink...very annoying lol

no it does not. When you are not at the gym, do your pushups at home.

The very first muscle mass I built, was achieved right in my bedroom during covid lockdown. It took about 3 months. Eat a lot of protein cause they assist in healing your muscles. Take some days break to allow your muscles to heal (this is actually when they get bigger)

The thing be say a lot of people no sabi workout.
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Yankee101: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
What us your current seight5, height and age,

Why do you want to add weight?
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Sniper101(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
Me sef will actually like to Garner a few extra weight n muscle on me sha o

But no be dawan be my problem right now
Cos any day day break, my woman wire me the least $1.1m grin

Omó come visit me two days later, u go shock
Cos excess happiness n joy go make abs appear on me overnight cheesy
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by meobizy(f): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
I will come to this thread in the next three years, and OP would not perform a single push-up. Mscheew. Pointless thread. I’ve seen many like these and eight years later the person doesn’t attempt anything. Nairalanders, being Nigerians, love mediocrity.
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Ppp1p: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Do it
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Kaycee9242(m): 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Oyyeeso:
Àgbado and Cassava

Hahahahahaha why are you people like this? Which one is agbado for this matter again
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by achimendy(m): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edipet:
I have a small dumbbell at home plus a push-up. Is that okay for me. Because I usually feel intimidated at the gym house

You don't need to feel intimidated, let it be a source of encouragement to you.

And make sure you workout properly, rest and eat good food .
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by paradigmshift(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
Tapout:

no it does not. When you are not at the gym, do your pushups at home.

The very first muscle mass I built, was achieved right in my bedroom during covid lockdown. It took about 3 months. Eat a lot of protein cause they assist in healing your muscles. Take some days break to allow your muscles to heal (this is actually when they get bigger)

The thing be say a lot of people no sabi workout.
I no fit even do 3 push-up cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wahala... Baba I will love to gym but like this en, the best gym I need na money for account o.. damn sapa wan use my enemy gym.. God abeg o
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by cooooooks(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
1. What are you eating?
Cut out bread, breakfast can be akara and pap. Replace rice with beans, lentils other légumes. Increase meats, fish, shellfish, in soup and cut your garri by 50% minimum.

2. Endurance. Focus on making lifestyle changes that will keep you healthy. Run or walk multiple times a week. Eg. Try to walk/jog 10,000 steps a day minimum 4 days a week.

3. Work with your body. Do pushups, squats, planks, etc. Focus on compound movements and form. As you reach milestones, you can add weights. Add your dumbbell, add a book or few, add a bucket of water, etc.

4. Focus on feeling good, being more energetic, increasing milestones gradually.

Good luck.
Edipet:
Please recommend.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by TerickW(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
Upload your recent photo lets see what you look like

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Martinez39s(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
Forget all this nonsensical talk of doing workout at home and being intimidated at the gym. GO TO THE GYM AND GET A FITNESS TRAINER; nothing beats the gym.

Speak to your fitness trainer and muscle-bound people in the gym for guidance. Come out of your shell and get to work.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
How much for the mass gainer
Chimoobii:
Workout and use mass Gainers and whey protein, contact me for mass Gainers and whey protein.
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Hypnotise: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
Eat 3,000 calories or more
Spaghetti x 1 daily
Blend avocado, milk, peanut butter and banana to make a smoothie x 1 or 2ice daily
You’ll surely add weight

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2022
You want to build muscle in this buhari hardship get ready to run out of food anyway lemme assist u

If u want to gain muscle fast Go and buy Protein shake 20ltrs, buy quicker oat and milk, every morning blend the Protein shake with banana , milk and oat u will get at least 800milligrams... bear in mind if u don't gym , u will only gain weight not muscle , eat alot of beans and meat .. go to gym at least 3 times every week , start with light weight bench pressing 20kg 20 times for 5 reps, same with dumbell and other equipment u might see there, if ur focus is chest and biscap, then focus on bench and coiling.. make sure u follow the program of 5rep .. no pain no gain... just give urself 8months come back and give ur testimony... it requires time and patience if u don't have any don't go disgrace ur village people undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by SocialJustice: 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edipet:
Please recommend.
Creatin.
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Rastty: 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
Start with home workouts, download on play store and try to register with any Gym center around you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Tapout(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
paradigmshift:
I no fit even do 3 push-up cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wahala... Baba I will love to gym but like this en, the best gym I need na money for account o.. damn sapa wan use my enemy gym.. God abeg o

see everything na determination. When I started out too, max I could do was about 5. I continued, by 2 months I was already doing about 1400 to 1600 a day (splitting it between morning and evening). I combined it with jumping Jacks.

Its a process, no be overnight thing....lol
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Theevilone(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
yunqdady:

How do you cope with gay guys admiration and chyking?

Haven’t encountered any them before.
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Theevilone(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
KosiGee:

Welldone you. Don’t forget the legs.

I don’t, I’m one of the few Nigerians who take leg program very serious tho I don’t have one of the nicest legs .
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by cenaman(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edipet:
Where do you resident?
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by StrafordSTONES(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2022
Chimoobii:

I have Gold whey at home...but I haven't been using it since I discontinued gyming.
Does it work without active workout?
Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by Farid24224(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Firstly, it depends on what you actually want, lean body mass or bulking up...The first one is quite simple, you get ripped with light muscle and you would gain weight too...The latter is different, you gonna look big and huge, not necessarily ripped and you would definitely gain weight...My advice for you is to go for the Calisthenics workout, (that's the first one).. Started it last month and am seeing alot of progress, it's less expensive compared to the other one and less demanding..
Am a part of a basketball team and weight have always being my problem so as a basketballer, you can't be too big to move faster and be more agile, that's why I chose Calisthenics...
Good luck!!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Build Muscle And Gain Weight, What Is The Fastest Way by PumpumPrince: 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edipet:
Please recommend.

jollof rice plus goat meat sir!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Ezekiel Olapade And Obafunke Denloye Of UCH Test Positive / 5 Reasons You Should Sleep Unclad / 6 Ways Sex Can Kill You And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.