Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! (2089 Views)

One Week To My Wedding, I'm Lost / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / A 2 and half year Old Beating With Turning Stick Because She Couldn't Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Lastbornbuns: 7:28am On Aug 04, 2022
AndroidAI:
The day I get a girl child in my life, i will weep terribly, then look for a way to give her up for adoption. A girl child will only bring sorrow, depression and anxiety to her parents. If you like use a soft or iron hand, it won't solve anything. She will end up being what she wants to be. But ensure she's not been sexually abused by an uncle or aunty. 3 years is too small. Also, mind the kind of movies you watch, thinking the little girl doesn't know anything. Also, desist from kissing your wife in her presence. Even some parents knack in front of their kid thinking she's too small to understand what's going on. It's well.
You'll weep when you get a girl child but you want to marry someone else's girl child undecided
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Collins4u1(m): 7:36am On Aug 04, 2022
You're now Sparing the rod and spoiling the child.
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by AndroidAI(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

You'll weep when you get a girl child but you want to marry someone else's girl child undecided

Who told you i want to marry? undecided

Baby mama jor
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Lastbornbuns: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2022
Children at this age are "monkey see, monkey do". They're basically a blank slate and what they see around them is what they'll assume to be the norm. Do you and your wife kiss in front of her? No matter how sly or fast you think you were in the kissing, desist from it if you don't want her to replicate your actions. You can do kisses on the cheek or forehead for her to know show of affection is okay but it's not okay to go around kissing strangers. Also make sure the movies you watch don't have those things and family/friends don't do them in her presence.

Back when my niece was going on 2, there's this pantosaurus video her mom usually puts for her. It goes "what's in your pants belongs only to you, your pants cover up your private parts.... if someone asks to see just tell them NO!" The video is hilarious but very educative and catchy. It's been stuck in my head for more than 3 years now. And it was acted out. Showing them such videos will help. Children are very innocent. You have to train her now so it'll stick. It's never to early to start this kind of education for your kids whether male or female. A lot of pedophiles seeking their next prey in this world o.

For the disobedience part.. you never see something. You'll vow never to beat kids and encounter the greatest temptation of your life. It's hard but try not to beat. It's because you were beaten that your mind is first going to that line of action. Discipline does not mean beatings. You can take away her favourite toy, stop her from watching her shows, sit in a corner, face the wall or tell her she won't follow you to whatever place she likes visiting (like grandpa/ma's house/park/farm/supermarket etc) till she apologies/cleans up her mess. Don't beat o because one day she'll either become immune to such beatings or she'll challenge you when she's grown. Let's not even talk of the trauma and self esteem issues beatings give children. You want your child to be free with you and not fear that Daddy will beat her till she sees stars.

Also, she's still very young. This is what they do at this age. My niece that's currently 6 eh.. I've seen shege in her hands. What I normally do is give myself timeouts when she annoys me too much or shout at her embarassed I absolutely hate beating children and seeing them get beaten. The best part is the child will eventually seek you out and apologise when their tantrum passes. Children like affection and being cuddled. Once you shout at her or punish her and she begins to cry, just give her 5 mins, she'll come and hold your leg and be crying. That's your cue to pick her up and then talk to her. Talking to them in the midst of their tantrum is useless. Wait till it passes.
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Lastbornbuns: 7:51am On Aug 04, 2022
AndroidAI:

Who told you i want to marry? undecided

Baby mama jor
It's still someone's girl child. You no go like born make person use your own girl child
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by AndroidAI(m): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

It's still someone's girl child. You no go like born make person use your own girl child

God forbid! They are only useful for procreating males...
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by proff010: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2022
Dumb
Haakeem:
wow my useless father

Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Haakeem(m): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2022
proff010:
My useless mother is Dumb
interesting.
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Davies25: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2022
Sorry, i don't know how to tag everybody or reply everyone. I appreciate you all, including the trolls.
I have a correction regime for her ( I lock her up in her room for hours, and for more serious offences, i lock her in the visitors toilet for a few minutes. And i tell you, she dreads it. Even way more than beating. I've beaten her with USB cord a couple of times too. She hates it too. But we always end each quarrel with a hug and soothing words/correction words.
I think those things are working. But i think she picks a lot of things from school and play mates that i can't control ( na wetin i see i go fit control).

I've seen kids spiral out of control with too heavy handling. That scares me.

About the Kissing stuff, i didn't see anything tooo bad in it. I just talked to her and let her know she's not old enough. I don't think she understands me though cry .
Collins4u1:

Lastbornbuns:
[/quote]
Candidlady post=115334265:
sad
HRHQueenPhil:

hsapien:

We don't even have a TV though she has a tab and i control the contents she sees.

emmanuelbrown26:
Lol grin grin
ZIMDRILL:

In your situation your daughter copied from somewhere most likely within your home
We don't make out in her presence. Highest has been a hug.
Thank you

Beremx:
Thank you.

[quote author=Channah1 post=115366477]
I can say we've never made out in her presence. I've been very cautious of that. That's why she sleeps alone.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by proff010: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2022
undecided
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Pootle: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
proff010:
Not a big deal she is just a baby.

na so...shes jus a baby
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Pootle: 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
debbydams:
u opened a thread on how u having issues with single mother, gf and sales Gurl yesterday, today u have daughter of 3 years old again giving u problem.. Wait, which one should we believe

tracker grin
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Quicksilver5: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
they all go through that stage, mine gave me a tough time, she's currently ill
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Lastbornbuns: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2022
Davies25:
Sorry, i don't know how to tag everybody or reply everyone. I appreciate you all, including the trolls.
I have a correction regime for her ( I lock her up in her room for hours, and for more serious offences, i lock her in the visitors toilet for a few minutes. And i tell you, she dreads it. Even way more than beating. I've beaten her with USB cord a couple of times too. She hates it too. But we always end each quarrel with a hug and soothing words/correction words.
I think those things are working. But i think she picks a lot of things from school and play mates that i can't control ( na wetin i see i go fit control).

I've seen kids spiral out of control with too heavy handling. That scares me.

About the Kissing stuff, i didn't see anything tooo bad in it. I just talked to her and let her know she's not old enough. I don't think she understands me though cry .

We don't even have a TV though she has a tab and i control the contents she sees.

Lol grin grin

We don't make out in her presence. Highest has been a hug.
Thank you

Thank you.

I can say we've never made out in her presence. I've been very cautious of that. That's why she sleeps alone.
Thanks

Don't lock her in alone o abeg. Keep her somewhere you can see her. Before story will enter matter now and you start hearing she mistakenly put head/hand/leg inside toilet or she'll put full roll of tissue inside and block your toilet or leave the taps on. Just keep her somewhere open. Make she no go develop fear of abandonment.
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by NoToPile: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
Richy4:
Her mother may have been giving her a peck as a way of showing affection and she feels it's normal...
That's just innocent..
I did not see anything wrong in it... just relax...No adultery dictated embarassed [

grin ;DI was pecking my son on the head then as a toddler what I didn't know was he was going about pecking all the girls in creche, the nanny noticed and thought we might have been doing something in his presence but it was a harmless peck

Until the day I dropped him off and gave him a peck on the head and she was like ahaa, he has been pecking all the girls oo etc etc. Shes been wondering where he picked pecking from.

These children repeat what they watch and what is done to or with them.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by sisisioge: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2022
I like your child already....biko tell her to stop kissing every boy she sees fa grin grin

Aunty meooooowww grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Richy4(m): 7:22am On Aug 05, 2022
NoToPile:

grin ;DI was pecking my son on the head then as a toddler what I didn't know was he was going about pecking all the girls in creche, the nanny noticed and thought we might have been doing something in his presence but it was a harmless peck

Until the day I dropped him off and gave him a peck on the head and she was like ahaa, he has been pecking all the girls oo etc etc. Shes been wondering where he picked pecking from.

These children repeat what they watch and what is done to or with them.

grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 05, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

You'll weep when you get a girl child but you want to marry someone else's girl childundecided

Why are you wasting your time? Does that one sound like a sensible human to you? At this age, he doesn't know that as a man he's the sole determinant of the sex of a child.
When he has a daughter, she's his blood? Let him kill her if he wants, and answer to God. That's how parents will give preference to their male children over females and the men will grow up to abandon them and focus on their wives and in-laws.
Retarded thinking men!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Blue86(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
If you are a Christian, watch over her in prayer
Davies25:
Hello familylanders,
I have a 3 year old girl who's my life. She's cute, good and almost perfect.
But recently, I've discovered she's intentionally being disobedient. Like, you literally have to threaten her sometimes to do somethings. People say she's spoilt but i don't see that element in her. I just see a growing girl. She doesn't overdo things.

The reason for this thread be say...
Uhm, my girl likes to cuddle, she likes to be touched, more like a cat �. I didn't see anything sexual in it until my baby was Caught Kissing a 4 year old male. My heart has been paining me since then. Have i failed as a father?
The mom wanted me to scold her or even beat her but I've been confused. Does she know it's a sexual act or she just saw someone doing it?
Can my baby understand sex education at 3?
What should be my reaction?
I'm lost really.
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by Mamasessy(f): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2022
shes 3 and playing with friends there is nothing sexual about loving her classmates. it is better to spank than lock her for hours alone, that's too evil when she is so small. what bad can she do at 3 to be forced to be locked in a room
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by frozen70(f): 12:50am On Aug 15, 2022
Davies25:
Hello familylanders,
But recently, I've discovered she's intentionally being disobedient. Like, you literally have to threaten her sometimes to do somethings. People say she's spoilt but i don't see that element in her. I just see a growing girl. She doesn't overdo things.

Uhm, my girl likes to cuddle, she likes to be touched, more like a cat �. I didn't see anything sexual in it until my baby was Caught Kissing a 4 year old male. My heart has been paining me since then. Have i failed as a father?
The mom wanted me to scold her or even beat her but I've been confused. Does she know it's a sexual act or she just saw someone doing it?
I'm lost really.

She must have been displaying what you and your wife does in her presence

If at this infant age you can't handle her, what happens when she gets to teenage age where she will now know what's her right and wants to be freedom

Take a decision to start handing that child the way you want her to be highly disciplined before it gets out of your hand, do so with her mother so that she won't have escape route

At three years, stop cuddling her and let her have a sister or brother so that attention can move away from her

Father's do love their daughters but if you don't discipline her now, you will be very weak to outsmart her as a teenager
Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by ImaIma1(f): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Davies25:
Hello familylanders,

I'm lost really.

About being disobedient, it could be that you are not firm enough with her. When kids are growing up, we see some of the things they do as cute and fail to caution them. As they grow, those things become a problem and are no longer cute, and that lapse is actually the parent's fault.

Being strict with them is for their benefit and yours. They can disgrace you outside. You could be telling her to stop something and she will ignore you and continue doing it.

About the kissing, she definitely doesn't know what it means. You and her mum should talk to her about it and make her understand that it is not ok to kiss people.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Train My 3 N Half Year Old. I'm Lost! by etrouble: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

Please calm down, u are a good parent and the Holy Spirit showed u this so u will know how to handle the situation
Children are like sponge and copies everything on TV ,strangers and their parents behaviour and activities
For me, I wld av flogged her and let her know doing that is very wrong and sieze some things she likes if she is disobedient
Since Holy Spirit showed u this, ask HIM to give u ideas on wat more to do so she can grow in the fear of GOD
Congratulations, u and ur babies will be fine

You still brought some Spirits into this? Na wah ooooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Incest Is On The Rise In Nigeria / Great Sacrifise Of A Mother (a Mother's Love Is Forever) / Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.