Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child (3251 Views)

Husband Sets Estranged Wife On Fire, She Grabs Him & Both Get Burnt / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Nwaotu10(m): 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
holocron:
You have been advised not to go anywhere by those who have passed through it but it's unlikely you will heed it until you put your hand in the fire and gain experience first hand that it burns.

You won't listen but still: The best thing for you is to totally forget them and forge on with your life. Concentrate fully on your business or your career or whatever your life's mission is. If you have money to spare you can be sending her child upkeep. If you don't have just forget it and don't even stress yourself. Feel very free. The minute she walked out on you without your permission has absolved you of the child upkeep responsibility. It's up to her to upkeep the child. You can't be upkeeping a child and be labouring to have a say. They will use that child as a weapon to torture and ruin you. Find another woman, younger and more beautiful and have another child or children. Name the new ones the same name as the lost one(s). Rest assured that if you succeed and become successful in life, come what may, the lost ones will surely come back to claim the dividends of their paternity. But if you are a failure, everyone will deny you. OYO will be your lot. You won't accept this advice, but later you will regret not using it.

WORD
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
Sominablack:
Goodevening all, please I need mature advise from the house, my wife left my house for over three months now with my little daughter,though I am still taking care of my little daughter by sending upkeep.
Now my limit daughter is on holiday and called that I should come and visit her, and I ask her to give her mum the phone where I told her mum to come back with my daughter at least for the holiday or send my daughter to her parents (my wifes parent) where i can easily get access to her too.
But my wife said the state of security challenge in the road they will go through to do any of my wish above is a big issue that i should rather come since i am alone and they are two.
House is it advisable i visit for the sake of my daughter? Or what do I do for the sake of my daughters request this holiday?
Is it that you are not truly moved by your daughter's desire to see you during what you say is a holiday for her or what? undecided
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Quicksilver5: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
this is complicated ,a little like mine
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Aug 04, 2022
Quicksilver5:
this is complicated ,a little like mine
You mean you don't want to visit your child because you are more concerned about your ego? undecided
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Quicksilver5: 2:15am On Aug 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You mean you don't want to visit your child because you are more concerned about your ego? undecided
actually the girl is with me, she's the one saying we should come instead
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Aug 05, 2022
Quicksilver5:
actually the girl is with me, she's the one saying we should come instead
Your estranged wife is asking you to come visit her with your child? Why?, undecided
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Quicksilver5: 8:58am On Aug 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your estranged wife is asking you to come visit her with your child? Why?, undecided
she left us, me with the two girls, the little one begs to see her mother, I called her but she says we should go meet her instead, I don't see it as fair but as you said it might be ego
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Kobojunkie: 9:16am On Aug 05, 2022
Quicksilver5:
she left us, me with the two girls, the little one begs to see her mother, I called her but she says we should go meet her instead, I don't see it as fair but as you said it might be ego
Please take the gals to see their mother if you can. I don't know what led to her leaving just that the kids are the ones to suffer the most when the parents fight. undecided

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Ebonygeek(f): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
holocron:
You have been advised not to go anywhere by those who have passed through it but it's unlikely you will heed it until you put your hand in the fire and gain experience first hand that it burns.

You won't listen but still: The best thing for you is to totally forget them and forge on with your life. Concentrate fully on your business or your career or whatever your life's mission is. If you have money to spare you can be sending her child upkeep. If you don't have just forget it and don't even stress yourself. Feel very free. The minute she walked out on you without your permission has absolved you of the child upkeep responsibility. It's up to her to upkeep the child. You can't be upkeeping a child and be labouring to have a say. They will use that child as a weapon to torture and ruin you. Find another woman, younger and more beautiful and have another child or children. Name the new ones the same name as the lost one(s). Rest assured that if you succeed and become successful in life, come what may, the lost ones will surely come back to claim the dividends of their paternity. But if you are a failure, everyone will deny you. OYO will be your lot. You won't accept this advice, but later you will regret not using it.
Jeez. I have never met a human as shitty as you in my life. What a terrible advice undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Ebonygeek(f): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mrsoft3:

Why did she leave in the first place?
It's holiday season and it's right for the child to go spend time with her father,why insisting he comes and stay with them? When she left in the first place?

There is insecurities on the road but the father should take the risk?

What if he's a shitty partner? Did that occur to you? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by holocron: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mindlog:

That a relationship/marriage ended and the child is with the mother, does not absolve the father of the child from providing for their child as they both work out on how to go about co-parenting , unless you can cite any law within Nigeria that backs your position on abandonment

Remarrying to have children with another woman in order to "name the new ones the same name as the lost one(s)" is a clear indication of mental health issues without the need for mental status examination.

The OP is the one who has been ABANDONED by madam Wife and Child. If you step into the shade, do you expect the sun to follow you there to give you warmth. OP should provide upkeep if he can afford it. The onus to collect it should be the runaway wife, while providing access to the child at the instance of collection.

On the mental health issue, that's a matter of opinion. It can be a good coping mechanism to handle the trauma.
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Mindlog: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
holocron:

The OP is the one who has been ABANDONED by madam Wife and Child. If you step into the shade, do you expect the sun to follow you there to give you warmth. OP should provide upkeep if he can afford it. The onus to collect it should be the runaway wife, while providing access to the child at the instance of collection.

On the mental health issue, that's a matter of opinion. It can be a good coping mechanism to handle the trauma.

That qualifies as a unhealthy coping mechanism.

I didn't state OP abandoned his family but rather stated that the breakdown of a relationship that produced children, does not absolve a man of his responsibility towards his children.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by ezugegere(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Go and see your little angel man!

4 Likes

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Sominablack: 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
ezugegere:
Go and see your little angel man!

Update:

I finally summed up courage and went to see my little daughter. My little daughter is well and doing fine of course I have been sending upkeep before now.

However, her mum is not looking as good as when she was with me. After a brief stay and discussion with my little daughter, I decided to take her out to buy some ice cream. Her mother opted to go with us too and in the process we had a heart to heart talk at the eatery. Guess what? Once again she told me i am not the issue that she does not have problem with me that she s gathering herself and that her father had disowned her because of me( they are angry with her for her negative actions towards me)

She told me to go and meet with her family in villa and settle with them since we first went there for a meeting, that I should tell them she does not have issues with me.

My response to her was that she has to tell her family herself that she does not have issues with me and that we have reconciled and not me telling them since she painted a wrong picture of me before them during the initial meeting their villa.

However I made some efforts to reach her fathers elders brother who she always confide in since she claimed not to be in good term with her own father. Response was that she herself has to inform them (her own family)she has no issue with me and that we have reconciled.

She agreed to do so ( communicate her family) but told me to assist her fix up the shop she newly rented for her business through a loan she collected and that when she will tell them about the launch of the shop she will use the opportunity to inform her family I assisted her and that we have reconciled.

I then told her that we have to get things right by truly reconciling with family involvement in the reconciliation process and every other thing will fall in line including the shop but she is insisting I fix up the shop first.

I also told her that since she will be visiting her villa soon to deliver some business good to a relation she should use the opportunity to inform her family that she does not have issue with me but the visit was not the right time to inform them as she may come back that day or pass a night and may not want much people to know she was around in villa.

I told her she does not care about my needs and feelings all these while she has been away despite my efforts but she wants me to do her own bidding. She then said I was giving her condition before helping her.

Men and brethren am not finding her idea of fixing her shop before she would use it as an opportunity to inform her family funny despite the fact she has opportunity to travel home soon which she can use to tell them.

At this juncture, I need ideas and strategies from experienced and matured minds on how I can go about this with her now. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

The case here is if she does not have any issue with me why is she waiting till I fix her shop before informing her family members.

Please if you wish to call me you can reach me at 07037854559. Thanks

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Dominique
All moderators

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Sominablack: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
Update:

I finally summed up courage and went to see my little daughter. My little daughter is well and doing fine of course I have been sending upkeep before now.

However, her mum is not looking as good as when she was with me. After a brief stay and discussion with my little daughter, I decided to take her out to buy some ice cream. Her mother opted to go with us too and in the process we had a heart to heart talk at the eatery. Guess what? Once again she told me i am not the issue that she does not have problem with me that she s gathering herself and that her father had disowned her because of me( they are angry with her for her negative actions towards me)

She told me to go and meet with her family in villa and settle with them since we first went there for a meeting, that I should tell them she does not have issues with me.

My response to her was that she has to tell her family herself that she does not have issues with me and that we have reconciled and not me telling them since she painted a wrong picture of me before them during the initial meeting their villa.

However I made some efforts to reach her fathers elders brother who she always confide in since she claimed not to be in good term with her own father. Response was that she herself has to inform them (her own family)she has no issue with me and that we have reconciled.

She agreed to do so ( communicate her family) but told me to assist her fix up the shop she newly rented for her business through a loan she collected and that when she will tell them about the launch of the shop she will use the opportunity to inform her family I assisted her and that we have reconciled.

I then told her that we have to get things right by truly reconciling with family involvement in the reconciliation process and every other thing will fall in line including the shop but she is insisting I fix up the shop first.

I also told her that since she will be visiting her villa soon to deliver some business good to a relation she should use the opportunity to inform her family that she does not have issue with me but the visit was not the right time to inform them as she may come back that day or pass a night and may not want much people to know she was around in villa.

I told her she does not care about my needs and feelings all these while she has been away despite my efforts but she wants me to do her own bidding. She then said I was giving her condition before helping her.

Men and brethren am not finding her idea of fixing her shop before she would use it as an opportunity to inform her family funny despite the fact she has opportunity to travel home soon which she can use to tell them.

At this juncture, I need ideas and strategies from experienced and matured minds on how I can go about this with her now. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

The case here is if she does not have any issue with me why is she waiting till I fix her shop before informing her family members.

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Dominique
All moderators

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by cococandy(f): 3:24am On Aug 28, 2022
If her issue is not with you, why wouldn’t she pursue reconciliation first before any business ventures?
Sounds weird.

Sominablack:
Update:

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Dominique
All moderators

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Karleb(m): 5:13am On Aug 28, 2022
holocron:

Some of you guys amaze me.

He should neglect his daughter because of the sins of his wife.

C'mon man! You can do better

4 Likes

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Gloriagee(f): 7:01am On Aug 28, 2022
Don't fix no shop. Thought she will relocate to be with you if u tell her own people that she has no issues with you undecided

Sominablack:

Update:

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Dominique
All moderators

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Gloriagee(f): 7:02am On Aug 28, 2022
My thoughts exactly....

cococandy:
If her issue is not with you, why wouldn’t she pursue reconciliation first before any business ventures?
Sounds weird.

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by eyinjuege: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2022
Don't abandon your daughter.
If you guys want to reconcile, do so but only after resolving why she left in the first place.
Why did she leave you?
Forget about fixing any shop till you guys reconcile

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Sominablack: 10:20am On Aug 28, 2022
Thanks to all who has responded I am inspired to act wisely.

Still hoping to get more insight.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by nahzyla: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2022
H

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Sominablack: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
nahzyla:
You sound like a soft hearted guy, it's not a bad thing, your type are usually better and more considerate to their wives in marriage.

However it seems your wife is taking advantage of your soft nature, first of all, don't fix her shop without you two reconciling and getting back together, don't let anybody use your head please.

She went to paint a wrong picture of you to her people and made them see you in poor light and she is still giving you terms and conditions before she rights her wrongs and tells the truth?
She has to tell them herself, come back and be a wife fully before you open shop for her because she could change her mind and decide not to return back to your house or even move on with another man after you finish fixing shop.

Thanks Nahzyla, you understood my plight but this time around she cant use my head.

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by kernniejay(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
Richy4:
If I understand what you posted up there correctly, She was not refusing out rightly? She gave a valid reason which is endangerment not from you but from unforeseen on the road....Do you really want her to endanger your child after stating those facts?..

You can also say that you can't come because of the same reason (insecurity) and speak to her on zoom... She is a kid and little things impresses them...It doesn't even warrant opening a thread

But if somebody asks the wife to come to another state with the baby to collect N1million, she will not see the danger on the road, would she? The truth is that she has been advised not to take the child to him. She or her people don't trust the guy, They may be thinking the guy wants to collect the baby from her. Her refusal to come will surely be due to some reasons linked to their separation.
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by kernniejay(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
OP, i just read your update on the issue. From your narration, I notice that your so-called wife is very immature and highly dependent on her family decision for her life. If she truly does not have any issue with you, why did she leave your home in the first place and why giving you condition of opening shop for her before she can fully reconcile with you? Is it to prove to her family that you are a capable man? Or are you sure she is still not been pushed by her family to request for this before they can fully accept you ?
Anyway, if it is convinient for you and you are sure she is not trying to use you to achieve financial freedom and then turn against you again, you may open the business for her but make sure the business is close to where you stay and not where she stays with her people, make sure everything is in your name in case problem arises again, so that you can have evidence of what you did and she wont deny you establish her. I wish you all the best.
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by frozen70(f): 11:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
Sominablack:
Goodevening all, please I need mature advise from the house, my wife left my house for over three months now with my little daughter,though I am still taking care of my little daughter by sending upkeep.

Now my limit daughter is on holiday and called that I should come and visit her, and I ask her to give her mum the phone where I told her mum to come back with my daughter at least for the holiday or send my daughter to her parents (my wifes parent) where i can easily get access to her too.

But my wife said the state of security challenge in the road they will go through to do any of my wish above is a big issue that i should rather come since i am alone and they are two.

House is it advisable i visit for the sake of my daughter? Or what do I do for the sake of my daughters request this holiday?

Thanks for your input.

You didn't mention why she left
So it's possible you don't even know where they are

What efforts have you done to locate them or you too you dont care about her where about but your daughter alone

I don't know why you are scared of visiting them, unless you are suspecting that she is in another man's house with your daughter

You didn't state where you make efforts to bring her back home

What about your in laws, did you inform them or they kept quite on this issue

Something is wrong somewhere

I will not advise you to go, because I don't know what the outcome will be

I think you should visit your inlaw and let them be part of the discussion and venue of meeting

So that whatever is going to happen, let it happen in their presence and make sure you go with someone

That child should not be affected by both of you misbehaviors
She is already recoding all these drama

Only God knows what she has already told her about you
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by NoToPile: 9:56am On Aug 29, 2022
Sominablack:

Update:

Sominablack I would advise you this.

Since she has said she doesn't have issues with you and wants the issue resolved so be it.
Does this mean she now loves you? Maybe she has had time to think and appreciates you better now she's been away for 3months, sometimes distance helps. She might just be an immature lady.

That said.

1. Let her tell her family you guys have resolved the issues even if it is informally.

2. After she has told them you guys now have another meeting with the family where you would state that your wife has agreed to come back home to continue living as your wife.

3. I don't get the point of the shop, since she's solving the issues and coming back home why would she need the shop equipped where she is, which I understand is quite far possibly another state from where you are. Whatever business you want to open should be in the area you and your nuclear family lives. You guys should resolve first them move home and open the shop for her.

I hope and pray the resolution goes well.
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Sominablack: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2022
NoToPile:

Sominablack I would advise you this.

Since she has said she doesn't have issues with you and wants the issue resolved so be it.
Does this mean she now loves you? Maybe she has had time to think and appreciates you better now she's been away for 3months, sometimes distance helps. She might just be an immature lady.

That said.

1. Let her tell her family you guys have resolved the issues even if it is informally.

2. After she has told them you guys now have another meeting with the family where you would state that your wife has agreed to come back home to continue living as your wife.

3. I don't get the point of the shop, since she's solving the issues and coming back home why would she need the shop equipped where she is, which I understand is quite far possibly another state from where you are. Whatever business you want to open should be in the area you and your nuclear family lives. You guys should resolve first them move home and open the shop for her.

I hope and pray the resolution goes well.

Thanks notopile, it was within the period she left me she took loan to get the shop which she had already paid for.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Sominablack: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2022
[quote author=Sominablack post=116162932][/quote]

Thanks notopile, it was within the period she left me she took loan to get the shop which she had already paid for.
Cc: Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Dominique
All moderators

1 Like

Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by slan87(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Reading through your update, I can tell your wife is trying to use you just to gain something from you n move on with her life.
Don't let any woman blackmail you emotionally my brother, this is a set-up & you need to wise up in your reactions.
Re: Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child by Mrmakaveli200: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2022
Don't fix any shop bro. If she is really keen on reconciliation, she wouldn't have rented a shop in that far location, how does she intend to come back home when her business is far from home? Don't allow her manipulate you into doing her bidding. For now, she's not serious about coming home. Put your daughter first

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Her Sister Inlaw Caused Problem In Her Family / Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? / I'm In Love With An 'ada'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.