Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria (56626 Views)

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate / Remote Work: Any Hope For Non-Tech Nigerians? / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 12:07am On Aug 10, 2022
Viserion:
honestly you inspired me with your dedication to your job and putting together this thread..

I am glad I did. smiley

Runningwater:

Nice thread Op.
Whats the name?
Can I get this from jumia or Konga shop?

Thank you. I got it from an independent vendor in Computer Village.

Babyteejay:
Thanks for this wonderful thread. What do you think of the business niches, especially the aspect of accounting, is it less saturated?

Nice niche!

acetylcholine:

Madam Poco, thank you for sharing. More opened doors for you.

Amin. You are most welcome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Pelaiye2703(m): 2:05am On Aug 10, 2022
Khayceeofficial:

Replied your mail if you haven't checked it
I just did.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 5:01am On Aug 10, 2022
I'm inspired. I have an account with Upwork but my proposals are always ignored or rejected. to be honest, I felt discouraged. but after reading this piece, I'm motivated to try again. And this time, no more giving up.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pedrilo: 5:25am On Aug 10, 2022
I'm jumping straight into this.
Time to make some USDs from upwotk.
Been using expert network all this while but jobs dont come as I would want but have made around 1k USD from expert networks this year alone

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pedrilo: 6:12am On Aug 10, 2022
Pelaiye2703:

Hi, I would love to get in touch with you. Kindly avail me of the opportunity as regards transcribing and how to get on with it. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
Check YouTube guys
We are just enslaving ourselves
No educated person should actually be poor.

7 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Chomsky1967(f): 6:13am On Aug 10, 2022
Pelaiye2703:

Let's get on with it. We can share contact details if you want us to.
Drop your number on a dead thread
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Nadeol: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2022
pocohantas:
My 9months Experience As A Naija-based Remote Worker

Thanks for sharing.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by cle62000(m): 7:20am On Aug 10, 2022
Pelaiye2703:

Let's get on with it. We can share contact details if you want us to.

Pls I am interested too
cle62000@gmail.com is my email
Thanks
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2022
acetylcholine:

Sorry about that. Was enrollment/training free? Currently looking for one that is free.
It was free.
Previously it used to be paid, but free as at the time I enrolled. 8 weeks duration.

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by NawtyC001(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
Pelaiye2703:
Again, this is quite impressive and goal challenging. I am looking at transcribing if you'd love to get on the same boat with me. Kindly indicate and we can work things out together. It's better late than never. Leggo!

Hey, let's work together, I'm really interested too.

Thanks Poco

We love you �

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Pelaiye2703(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
NawtyC001:

Thanks Poco

We love you �
Alright, just sent you a mail.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by johnpablo541(m): 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2022
If I may add, working remotely will change your lifestyle.

An extrovert will hardly survive it.

7 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by cle62000(m): 3:12pm On Aug 10, 2022
Pelaiye2703:

Pls would like to be part of the team
I sent you PM
Pls respond
Thanks in advance
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Lotusflowerbomb: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
pocohantas:

I got mine 75k about 5 months back.
Wow ok I will search for it in the market. Thanks
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Pelaiye2703(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
pedrilo:

Check YouTube guys
We are just enslaving ourselves
No educated person should actually be poor.
You are right, but we need first hand information. Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by JackWolfskin: 4:05am On Aug 11, 2022
Generalwoodz:
it went on a different name and wasn't know as upwork then.

Of course. Odesk
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:30am On Aug 11, 2022
pocohantas:
Endearing My Client To Me

So there are executive assistant roles on upwork?
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by oreoluwasimi1(f): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hiring!!!

Job Title: JUNIOR LOAN SALES OFFICER

Qualification: ND/HND in any social science course

Exp.0-1 year experience

Net pay 55-60+HMO

EXPERIENCED LOAN SALES OFFICER

HND/Bsc in any social science course

Exp:1-3 years

Netpay 65-70k +HMO

TEAM LEAD LOAN SALES

Exp: 2-4 years

Qualification:HND/BSCi in any social science course

Net pay:120-130k+HMO

COLLECTION OFFICER

Exp. 1-2 years

Qualification:ND,HND/Bsc in any social science course

Net pay: 55-70 +HMO

To apply

Click on the link below
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSex7Hq-Ljh8xeHq6ulob6wJ14H74JJhlpObx24Df2HUQ44aJA/viewform?usp=pp_url
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by idalex: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2022
NUJABEZ:
I was on Upwork for six years and made more than $100k. The truth is, more than 90% of you guys reading this thread and this post will not be succesful. Upwork is not child's play, and if you do not have the skills and attention to detail required, you will not get very far.

I might sound negative, but I swore never to tell any soul about Upwork in Nigeria anymore because you guys don't have the work ethic, the resolve, and the ability to transcend the Nigerian factor. The ones I introduced to the platform never made it anywhere because they didn't put in the work. To me, Upwork is best discovered by a person rather than being told about it.

If you are going into Upwork without the right tools, equipment, and mindset -- you will fail.

If you begin working on Upwork without quickly specializing, for instance, moving from content writing to marketing automation expert; or, data entry worker to Business Analyst within your first two years on the platform, you will fail.

If you love too much sleep and detest rejection, you will fail.

If you cannot devote all of your heart and passion to become the best that you can be, you will be found out and you will get your sorry ass fired.

If you cannot rid yourself of that uniquely Nigerian ability to fashion excuses for the deferment of work, you will be let go. Your profile will tank and no one will hire you.

insightful

kindly reply m PM

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by DukkyBB: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2022
Freelance Writer Wanted

Job Type: Independent

Company Overview
Our platform which commenced operations in March 2022, was birthed to help provide African women with the information, and resources they require to build successful careers and businesses. We are able to provide this support through our blog and various social media channels
The Position
• We are searching for an experienced freelance writer to generate content for our blog.
• To ensure success as a freelance writer, you should be accustomed to working with various word processors.
• The ideal candidate will be able to tailor their writing style to accommodate the needs of our target audience.
Key Responsibilities
• Conduct research in line with the topic you have been assigned to write on.
• Writing quality content based on the requirements and specifications of the audience and topic given (tone of voice, writing style).
• Proofreading your assignments to detect and correct errors.
• You are welcome to suggest innovative ideas and topics that suit our demographic.
• Ensure that the content is ready for publication within the specified deadlines.
• Submitting completed works via the requisite channels.

Required competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, English Literature, Journalism, or a relevant field would be ideal but not necessary.
• 1-3 years experience working as a freelance writer.
• Proven records of published work (mandatory).
• The ideal team member can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress is ideal but not required.
• Ability to express effectively in the English language.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to produce original work.
• Knowledge or familiarity with virtual collaborative tools such as Google Drive and Trello is an added advantage.
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent time management skills.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on this URL to apply https://forms.gle/hBgwJqwvSqcqeJDw5.
Note: Due to a high volume of applications, please understand that we cannot contact every one and will only be reaching out to short-listed applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by EliteMike(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2022
Pelaiye2703:

Hello, I'm interested as well
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by UrFears: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2022
pocohantas:

I got mine 75k about 5 months back.
Hi pocohantas, please how would you rate this powerbank, is it good enough?.
My system only last like 1 hour without light, so I'm thinking of getting a powerbank, instead of buying fuel daily. Also can you please drop the contact of the dealer. Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2022
UrFears:

Hi pocohantas, please how would you rate this powerbank, is it good enough?.
My system only last like 1 hour without light, so I'm thinking of getting a powerbank, instead of buying fuel daily. Also can you please drop the contact of the dealer. Thanks alot

99%. My problem with gen is noise pollution.

The problem with powerbank is that it needs another source to charge.

I can’t drop the contact here. Maybe privately.

3 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by UrFears: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
pocohantas:

99%. My problem with gen is noise pollution.

The problem with powerbank is that it needs another source to charge.

I can’t drop the contact here. Maybe privately.
Alright, thanks
Please how many MAH is it?
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
UrFears:

Alright, thanks
Please how many MAH is it?

4 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
NawtyC001:

Great. I would love to. I'm with you

Thanks Poco

We love you �
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
Pelaiye2703:

Me too
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
ibawon:
Well this came along after one month quitting my Naija Job.
One thing is do research and don't stop updating your CV to keep searching for a better job.
I'm so much interested in online jobs. I'm an introvert. I'm on Upwork but no jobs coming. I would love to know more about transcribing. I want to be the best at it and also I Wana be my best version. Your post really inspired me. Any advice? I will be glad to get a little help from you

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2022
mdhustletv:

I'm so much interested in online jobs. I'm an introvert. I'm on Upwork but no jobs coming. I would love to know more about transcribing. I want to be the best at it and also I Wana be my best version. Your post really inspired me. Any advice? I will be glad to get a little help from you
Applied to multiple Customer Success Jobs that are world-wide I don't do transcribing. Just apply and keep applying

3 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
[qauote author=ibawon post=115669565]
Applied to multiple Customer Success Jobs that are world-wide I don't do transcribing. Just apply and keep applying [/quote] Ok thanks for the advice. I'll try to learn about customer service job, then I'll apply. I'm really grateful. And since you are experienced in customer service job. Is there any other thing I need to know? Any useful customer service course for beginners you got? might be of help to me. I will also be glad to know the specific resources and tools I will need to be a good and successful customer service remote worker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS / The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.