Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria (56677 Views)

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate / Remote Work: Any Hope For Non-Tech Nigerians? / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2022
mdhustletv:
[qauote author=ibawon post=115669565]
Applied to multiple Customer Success Jobs that are world-wide I don't do transcribing. Just apply and keep applying Ok thanks for the advice. I'll try to learn about customer service job, then I'll apply. I'm really grateful. And since you are experienced in customer service job. Is there any other thing I need to know? Any useful customer service course for beginners you got? might be of help to me. I will also be glad to know the specific resources and tools I will need to be a good and successful customer service remote worker.
I have been in customer care for over 5 years so I don't have any recommendations on that but check on the internet, YouTube is your best teacher and believe me search the internet for remote jobs and always look for the ones that are available world wide

3 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
ibawon:

I have been in customer care for over 5 years so I don't have any recommendations on that but check on the internet, YouTube is your best teacher and believe me search the internet for remote jobs and always look for the ones that are available world wide

I do wish they can listen to this simple advice.

5 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Thanks a million times man. I appreciate.
ibawon:

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 6:54am On Aug 15, 2022
pocohantas:
For people that want to try CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Imagine the scenarios below;

You should create scenarios like this and respond to all. grin
Can you kindly respond to these scinerios please. It will help a lot

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2022
mdhustletv:
Can you kindly respond to these scinerios please. It will help a lot

Shebi student go do classwork, teacher go come do correction? grin

3 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
pocohantas:

Shebi student go do classwork, teach go come do correction? grin
lolz. Ok ma, I'm doing my class work right away. �✌️

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
mdhustletv:
lolz. Ok ma, I'm doing my class work right away. �✌️
Here is my class work.
[/b]Scenario 1.
[b]Customer: David

[/b] Subject: Re: Your Infinix Note 10 has been delivered.

[b]
CUSTOMER'S MESSAGE TO SUPPORT:

I ordered for a gold coloured Infinix Note 10, why did you deliver colour black? I thought you are a credible company but you failed to keep your words.

[/b] Support Reply

Hello Mr David, we are very sorry to hear that the product you ordered for was not properly delivered. This is due to the fact that Gold coloured Infinix Note 10 was not in stock at the time of delivery, but we assure you that you will enjoy the black coloured Infinix Note 10. However, if for any reason you are still not satisfied, we can offer you a refund or replacement as long as the product in question is still intact. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patronage.

[b][/b]Senario 2.

[b][/b]Order - Refund

[b]
Product: Electric Blender

[/b] Customer 's name: Gloriousgbola

[b]
CUSTOMER'S MESSAGE TO SUPPORT

Disaster!!! My order arrived damaged. I have pictures. Refund me at once and send me a new one. Terrible experience with your company.

Hello Gloriousgbola, we are very sorry to hear about this unfortunate incidence. We appreciate appreciate your patronage and we assure you of a total refund and replacement of the product with a new one if confirmed that your complaint is genuine. Kindly bear with is and exercise patience as we look into the matter immediately.

So can you kindly and vividly correct my mistakes please?

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
mdhustletv:
Here is my class work.
[/b]Scenario 1.
[b]Customer: David

[/b] Subject: Re: Your Infinix Note 10 has been delivered.

[b]
CUSTOMER'S MESSAGE TO SUPPORT:

I ordered for a gold coloured Infinix Note 10, why did you deliver colour black? I thought you are a credible company but you failed to keep your words.

[/b] Support Reply

Hello Mr David, we are very sorry to hear that the product you ordered for was not properly delivered. This is due to the fact that Gold coloured Infinix Note 10 was not in stock at the time of delivery, but we assure you that you will enjoy the black coloured Infinix Note 10. However, if for any reason you are still not satisfied, we can offer you a refund or replacement as long as the product in question is still intact. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patronage.

[b][/b]Senario 2.

[b][/b]Order - Refund

[b]
Product: Electric Blender

[/b] Customer 's name: Gloriousgbola

[b]
CUSTOMER'S MESSAGE TO SUPPORT

Disaster!!! My order arrived damaged. I have pictures. Refund me at once and send me a new one. Terrible experience with your company.

Hello Gloriousgbola, we are very sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident. We appreciate your patronage and we assure you of a total refund and replacement of the product with a new one if confirmed that your complaint is genuine. Kindly bear with us and exercise patience as we look into the matter immediately.

So can you kindly and vividly correct my mistakes please?

Nice attempt for a first-timer.

1)It is wrong to tell a customer you switched their orders without their consent. That would get the calmest customer livid. Blame logistics, blame the warehouse team, blame Sango, but never say it is intentional.

I made an order for a wall-to-wall rug three weeks ago I think. I ordered a dark shade of beige. The vendor INTENTIONALLY switched my order to a light shade of brown, even when I told him I was going for white and beige-themed space. I knew it was deliberate, but he would have been doomed if he said that to me.

What did he do? He transferred the blame to his handlers. That the beige wasn't enough for my space and they gave me the closest shade without his or my consent. I accepted it because prior to the delivery, I was already wondering how I would maintain a beige rug and a white couch. So it was a mistake that turned into a blessing.

“If for any reason” is rude.
“As long as” is rude.

Telling the customer you would have to confirm their complaints are genuine is rude. You can easily ask for pictures or dance around it.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting us. We deeply apologize for the mixup.

We regret any inconvenience caused with reference to the mixup in your order and we understand how upsetting this must be for you.
I have checked your order and was able to identify the issue quickly. I hope to prevent a similar occurrence in future so as to maintain your trust in our products and services.

In the meantime, we would love to make it up to you and the correct item would be sent across to you tomorrow at no further cost. The wrong item would be picked up at the same time.

However, if you insist on a refund, please read up on our refund policies HERE (URL link attached) and send us an email at @xyz.

Once again, we regret any inconvenience caused.

Kwin Poco
Customer Support

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
pocohantas:

Nice attempt for a first-timer.

Wow, You are really good at this. I just wish I can be as good as you are. Thank you very much for your support Kwin Poco. This has automatically improved my knowledge about customer support. I'm so so grateful.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
pocohantas:
If you are like me that was scared of learning new things on the computer, don’t worry, you will be fine.

But you can't work remotely if you are averse to technology. Technology bridges the gap. You must be ready to work with different tools. Be open to video calls for some and of course, splurge on computer accessories that makes your work easier.

Please which computer is good for me as a customer support?

My old Hp laptop is 2.00gb.
The system type is 64 bit operating system.

I'm using windows7 ultimate. Will it be okay for customer support?
Below is a picture

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2022
mdhustletv:
Wow, You are really good at this. I just wish I can be as good as you are. Thank you very much for your support Kwin Poco. This has automatically improved my knowledge about customer support. I'm so so grateful.

You are most welcome.

I am not the best person to advise you on computer specification. But I know many would most likely ask for your internet speed, external mouse and headset with microphone.

Windows 7 seems far off from 10.

Gloriousgbola would advise better.

3 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Mimisboygreat: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
pocohantas:

You are most welcome.

I am not the best person to advise you on computer specification. But I know many would most likely ask for your internet speed, external mouse and headset with microphone.

Good evening poco. Pls what freelance niche/area can someone with advanced Microsoft excel skills work?

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mimisboygreat:
Good evening poco. Pls what freelance niche/area can someone with advanced Microsoft excel skills work?

Good evening,

You would have to research that. I really can’t tell.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Mimisboygreat: 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
pocohantas:

Good evening,

You would have to research that. I really can’t tell.
Alright, thank you.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by GloriousGbola: 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2022
[quote author=mdhustletv post=115738372][/quote]

so your device is using an intel b940

it is a cpu from 2011.

the general rule of thumb is that you device should not be more than 2 - 4 years old for work.

this will guarantee that it will be compatible with just about any software or tools your client requires you to use

as an aside i would personally advise you to reinstall windows 7 home. a pc with 2gb of ram will just be bogged down with win 7 ultimate

also, running 64 bit windows starts from 4gb ram. if you cannot get more ram for your pc, run 32 bit windows

these choices will just slow down an already struggling pc

this advice is for personal use

for freelancer use, i strongly advise you get a pc from 2017-2018

all the best

i know it is hard out there

6 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by ajailer(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2022
Hmm, stayed up late last night to DL videos on YouTube about Upwork and how it works..... with plans to watch them during the day. I finished doing it with a 2.1gig data and only for my YT acct to wipe it all off, giving me some silly excuse like that...... I felt somehow, as if say village ppl dey at work but tonight we go at it again..... d challenge since last year no be here o, but I thank God for life and health. My God is the one who fights and wins my unforseen battles for me.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 7:58am On Aug 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

it is a cpu from 2011.

the general rule of thumb is that you device should not be more than 2 - 4 years old for work.

this will guarantee that it will be compatible with just about any software or tools your client requires you to use

as an aside i would personally advise you to reinstall windows 7 home. a pc with 2gb of ram will just be bogged down with win 7 ultimate

also, running 64 bit windows starts from 4gb ram. if you cannot get more ram for your pc, run 32 bit windows

all the best

This will definitely be of help. I actually got the laptop before I got interested in freelancing. It is actually hard out there, but I will try and get a better PC of atleast 2017. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2022
pocohantas:

You are most welcome.

Okay. The support I'm getting here is amazing. If I Knew of nairaland before, I for don go far. Lol. Thank you once again Kwin Poco.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

it is a cpu from 2011.

all the best

Glorious, can you kindly suggest the name of a good 2017 or 2018, etc PC for freelancing like customer support? Please I really need to get it right

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by GloriousGbola: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2022
mdhustletv:
Glorious, can you kindly suggest the name of a good 2017 or 2018, etc PC for freelancing like customer support? Please I really need to get it right

i am for better or worse, biased towards thinkpads

go to jiji and type in
thinkpad t480, t470 ,t570 ,t580

these are 14 inch and 15 inch thinkpads from 2017 and 2018

you want the following specs
8gb ram or more
256gb ssd or larger
core i5 [core i7 STRONGLY recommended]
FHD screen
dedicated gpu is not needed for office applications , so integrated graphics are fine
do not let anyone push windows 11.
price will range from 150 to 200k, depending on seller

you will have to look well. you can also check on nairaland

there is a guy yasmin or yas, not sure - i have bought from him in the not so recent past.

Good Luck

3 Likes

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Otunbaphonko: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
pocohantas:
My 9months Experience As A Naija-based Remote Worker

Please I'm a newbie to free lancer. How do I get started and believe me I'm so much interested in it
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Otunbaphonko: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
pocohantas:
It was exactly November 2nd, 2021, I was cruising around Nairaland and I saw THIS COMMENT by a female Nairalander.

Please assist me with all I need to know as a newbie . Have signed up on upwork.

1 Like

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Otunbaphonko: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
pocohantas:
I set my profile to 100% immediately. Then I played around with proposals. The proposal is your cover letter and what you send to bid for jobs. I didn’t know a lot and looking back, I submitted to many unverified payment jobs and wrote very bland proposals, but overall, I identified some key issues.

Please I would love to learn and I want you to be my coach . Please
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by mdhustletv(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i am for better or worse, biased towards thinkpads

go to jiji and type in
thinkpad t480, t470 ,t570 ,t580

these are 14 inch and 15 inch thinkpads from 2017 and 2018

you want the following specs
8gb ram or more
256gb ssd or larger
core i5 [core i7 STRONGLY recommended]
FHD screen
dedicated gpu is not needed for office applications , so integrated graphics are fine
do not let anyone push windows 11.
price will range from 150 to 200k, depending on seller

you will have to look well. you can also check on nairaland

there is a guy yasmin or yas, not sure - i have bought from him in the not so recent past.

Good Luck
Okay. I will check it out. Thanks a lot
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by ScalesDemy: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2022
Technical writing pays well especially the Web3.0 niche.

You will have more jobs coming at you than you can handle, it becomes an issue of who pays more or whatever your incentive is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
Otunbaphonko:
Please I would love to learn and I want you to be my coach . Please

Hello!

Sadly, I don’t coach. You can read all the threads I attached to this post and make some research on Google/Youtube.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
ScalesDemy:
Technical writing pays well especially the Web3.0 niche.

You will have more jobs coming at you than you can handle, it becomes an issue of who pays more or whatever your incentive is.

I sent pm
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by ScalesDemy: 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
Carmal90:

I sent pm

For?
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
ScalesDemy:

For?

Never mind.
Re: My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria by ScalesDemy: 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2022
Carmal90:

Never mind.

All right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / Company To Pay Damages For A French Engineer Who Died While Having Sex / Thread On Volunteering Opportunities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.