Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (1007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1017858 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Portex: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
pinkgelato:
No. I restarted counting the 28days again after i topped up the money and paid for Visa and IHS.

You should have applied for the visa like on the 29th day, since you topped up the money. It’s risky because they will check whatever you have on your POF and compare with the oanda rate for that day to see if you meet the requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Portex: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2023
Joyjames008:
Gd eve everyone,
Please I need quick response
My hubby (MA) has 45 million in his account we wanted to use as POF for family of 4, but we had a change of plan becos my TB certificate is not out yet so he wants to remove 20 million from the money so we add money to it for us(dependants), please will the removal of 20 million affects the SOA for UKvi, will they ask him why remove 20 million from the account despite he still meet his financial requirements for the 28days rule.
@duchess90
why not avoid being questioned by counting 28days again after the withdrawal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ajapz(m): 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by cuzomba(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good evening all,

Please who knows what the visa and IHS fee will cost for someone going for a year course and her dependent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Lordkinny03: 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Judy46:
Good morning people, anyone looking for who to share house with around Warrington, Liverpool or Manchester please chat me up. I am looking to share a 2 bedroom flat with someone. I take one room and the other person takes one room. We share the jibbing area and kitchen together. Please anyone that is looking to share kindly let me know.

Will be arriving UK on the 12th of August. Flight ticket already booked.

Hello can you please mail me your number?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Lordkinny03: 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Izzyagain:

Thank you so much I will do just that. She has never been to uk before so I’m surprised.

Are you sure? Ask her well o. There must be a reason they’ve asked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MG007: 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hello good people, my spouse applied with a bank statement bearing her maiden name . She has since changed her name which is reflected in other docs submitted except for the bank statement which still bears her maiden. Tho we submitted a marriage certificate and also change of name , pls will these docs suffice ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by osagiemma: 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hello House Please I have a question must the visa be applied for on the 28th day or I can add additional days before applying. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Olaniyan77: 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
johnbull942:
Good people, Please I need your advice on this issue. MA is about applying for visa , also for the dependants. We are about to apply for visa but the sponsor has agreed to put the pof funds in my spouse(dependant)account and not in my own(MA) account. Please will the visa decision be impacted in anyway if the pof is in the dependant-spouse account. Please advise.

It is ok but your dependent will write a consent letter that the money in the account cover you and aware of it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
osagiemma:
Hello House Please I have a question must the visa be applied for on the 28th day or I can add additional days before applying. Thanks
A day after the 28th day is fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by osagiemma: 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Fraih:

A day after the 28th day is fine

Please if I decide to add days does it require any penalty because mine I started counting mine on the 30th June but due to the pounds fluctuation I added a lump sum today. So can I just start the 28th afresh from today.. sorry for the plenty questions. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Chuksy12(m): 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
good evening house
i am about to pay my deposit fees of 3,000 pounds to sheffield hallam university, although my deposit deadline is on the 17th of July, 2023.
i want to ask how many days does flywire takes before the payment gets to sheffield hallam university and will i be able to meet up prior to that date (17th of July). my unconditional offer of admission came on the 4th of July, 2023.

Many Thanks for your response @ duchess and co.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 12:48am On Jul 07, 2023
Chuksy12:
good evening house
i am about to pay my deposit fees of 3,000 pounds to sheffield hallam university, although my deposit deadline is on the 17th of July, 2023.
i want to ask how many days does flywire takes before the payment gets to sheffield hallam university and will i be able to meet up prior to that date (17th of July). my unconditional offer of admission came on the 4th of July, 2023.

I'm afraid but Make sure you do so early enough.
I paid 2days to deadline and they confirmed that I'll get CAS in two weeks, next thing was a mail that no more CAS. Same SHU. I missed that particular session.
So make sure you pay minimum a week to deadline.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SandyDandy: 3:15am On Jul 07, 2023
Greetings

Please can someone reduce POF by Using Pension certificate

I have pension certificate of 8m can I use it as part of POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SandyDandy: 3:19am On Jul 07, 2023
Greetings

Please can someone reduce prove of funds by Using Pension certificate

I have pension certificate of 8m can I use it as part of my POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gracious11111: 4:08am On Jul 07, 2023
Good morning all, please is anyone here studying or studied at Teesside University? I need assistance answering their mandatory questionnaire. Please if you or you know someone studying there or someone who studied there, kindly assist. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duncanmighty: 4:42am On Jul 07, 2023
Any University of sunderland November 2023 crew here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by oladeyle: 5:18am On Jul 07, 2023
Did you receive the recent mail stating by 31st July for CAS?

AdeolaFoods:
[Same here bro, I am also awaiting CAS ,I don wait tired, I paid my tution deposit since 6th of june.quote author=oladeyle post=124250990]I awaiting CAS from Manchester Metropolitan University too. MMU deposit is stil £3k for Sept. 2023 whilst Hull is £4k so MMU is lower.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by oladeyle: 5:23am On Jul 07, 2023
Flywire takes 3 working days to reach ur school. But, what matters is the date you made payment via flywire.

Chuksy12:
good evening house

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Babamonsura: 5:31am On Jul 07, 2023
SandyDandy:
Greetings

Please can someone reduce prove of funds by Using Pension certificate

I have pension certificate of 8m can I use it as part of my POF

There nothing called pension certificate but pension statement of account. It cannot be used as POF. One of the reasons is that the money is not easily accessible as it's not in the commercial bank. You have such money with private pension companies and pencom. Infact, you will only be paid just 25 percent of that 8m after you retired or resign (2m). The rest will be given to you as salary after you attain the age of 50.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duncanmighty: 5:35am On Jul 07, 2023
What's flywire transfer charges?
2) Do I calculate my proof of fund requirement for living and maintenance to cover the entire course duration for 15months or for just 9 months? I don't wanna make mistakes. Thanks
oladeyle:
Flywire takes 3 working days to reach ur school. But, what matters is the date you made payment via flywire.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by adeblow(m): 5:41am On Jul 07, 2023
Good morning house.
Please for those going in January, does it mean they don't have access to the post study work visa? Or is it just the dependants that aren't allowed?
Please I'll anticipate a response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AdeolaFoods: 5:56am On Jul 07, 2023
I did o, but they said I might get it before then

oladeyle:
Did you receive the recent mail stating by 31st July for CAS?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:54am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello

It should be enough

However, changing names on account shouldn't be more than 24hours,it might be best to do so and reprint your statement till date

Cheers
MG007:
Hello good people, my spouse applied with a bank statement bearing her maiden name . She has since changed her name which is reflected in other docs submitted except for the bank statement which still bears her maiden. Tho we submitted a marriage certificate and also change of name , pls will these docs suffice ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello

Restart your count

Pay your visa and IHS when you have met the minimum 28 days criteria

If the exchange rates increases again,consider paying more tuition

Cheers
osagiemma:

Please if I decide to add days does it require any penalty because mine I started counting mine on the 30th June but due to the pounds fluctuation I added a lump sum today. So can I just start the 28th afresh from today.. sorry for the plenty questions. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:58am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello

As long as everyone arrives before their visa vignette expires,it should be fine

Cheers
Keemy88:
Gurus in the house I need your advise.

After getting student visa for myself and 3 dependants, is it compulsory we all come into UK on the same flight?

I was wondering if I can to UK in September and get an apartment while hubby and the kids come in October.

I am worried because I answered YES on my visa application form that my dependents will be travelling together with me.

Please advise me.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:59am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello

What is clear is that there are no dependants by Jan 2024

Discussions about graduate visa is still ongoing

Cheers
adeblow:
Good morning house.
Please for those going in January, does it mean they don't have access to the post study work visa? Or is it just the dependants that aren't allowed?
Please I'll anticipate a response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello
I note you mentioned quick marriage so at the moment you have a partner not a spouse

How long have you known your partner?

Anyone can get married and apply for their spouse on or before December 2023, the onus is on you to show enough evidence, expect alot of scrutiny on her application

2. You asked how, it is the usual spouse dependant visa category.Here's the link

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

Cheers
ugwukcee:
Hello all,
@duchess90, when I applied for my visa, I indicated I had no one depending on me for financial support. Now I want to bring a spouse along, do a quick marriage and bring her before December. Is this going to be possible? If yes, how do I go about it?
Pls not that I received my visa on May and preparing for September studies.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Serendipity01: 7:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Gracious11111:
Good morning all, please is anyone here studying or studied at Teesside University? I need assistance answering their mandatory questionnaire. Please if you or you know someone studying there or someone who studied there, kindly assist. Thanks.

You can chat me up privately

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nanorest: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2023
AdeolaFoods:
pls what do u mean by introductory letter, what does it contain
quote author=Fraih post=124239443]Visa Alert!!! 🥂🥂🥂

Its being a really longggggggggg way coming. A little back story...
Initially for Jan 23 Admission
Application in August 22
Unconditional admission - Sept 22
Tuition deposit - Oct 22
Nov 22 - School said my payment came late so no more CAS
School gave me option to defer admission or ask for refund. Decided to defer to Sept (seemed like a long wait😞)

Fastforward to 2023
POF - 18th May to 15th June (29days)

Application 16th June - The day Oanda rate shoot up unexpectedly - I was so confused & wished I paid exactly when POF was 28 days matured. Luckily I had other accounts which met the UKVI requirements and decided to use it alongside.

Bio (MA and Dep.) - 20th June (VI TLS, Standard, Flexi appointment)

Received by DMC (MA and Dep.) - 21st June

Empty NSF (MA only) - 21st June

1 Paid mail done, response was application awaiting decision

Moved to VAC (MA and Dep.) - 4th July

Received by VAC (MA and Dep.) - 4th July

Collection Mail (MA and Dep.) - 4th July

BRP mail (MA and Dep.) - 5th July

Passport received today - 5th July

Documents submitted
MA
*CAS
*TB Test
*WAEC and First Degree (As stated on CAS)
*Transcript
* 3 SOA, same name - NGN, USD and GBP, thanks to Oanda Fluctuations
*CV, NYSC cert., Employment letters, Reference letter (8 years study gap)
*Passport Biodata Page

Dependant
*TB test
*MA POF
*Consent to use MA POF
*Marriage Cert. & (One Pdf containing about 40 pictures ranging from wedding pictures to few chat screenshot to transfer receipt)
*Passport Biodata page

Some lessons learnt
* I was trying to use Form A to process my tuition deposit when I was running against time, I rushed to use BM at last minute but couldn't meet up the session admission. Pls do what you have to do on time and dont delay.
* Do your TB test when you are sure you will get CAS, or have gotten CAS
* While Building your POF, have some backup account that can be presented just in case
* Someone was advising me to wait for 29 days maturity of POF before applying, Ideally its not necessary, UKVI requirement is 28days. SOA can be more than 28 days, but visa application can be immediately after 28 days matured.

In all, I'm glad we are here! I learnt a lot from this platform ehn! cool
You'll definitely have all the information here to apply and without using any agent. I did DIY.

To all prospective UK students. Congratulations in Advance.
This testimony will go round.
Thanks to everyone committed to answering questions here. @duchess90, @mimilyrics et al.
Special thanks to olola4, it's time to share coke for everyone! 😀

Sending chats just because of UK visa. Enough of all this nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Keemy88(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2023
@ducchess and other gurus, please give your opinion.

Keemy88:
Gurus in the house I need your advise.

After getting student visa for myself and 3 dependants, is it compulsory we all come into UK on the same flight?

I was wondering if I can to UK in September and get an apartment while hubby and the kids come in October.

I am worried because I answered YES on my visa application form that my dependents will be travelling together with me.

Please advise me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:25am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello

I had responded already

As long as everyone arrives before their visa vignette expires,it should be fine

Cheers

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.