Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (1009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1008618 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 2Grfehypeman: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
Can i apply for visa without my dependent details ?(her passport is not ready). Or should i wait for her passport to get her passport and apply together?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Serendipity01: 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
[Congratulations to you and your family. Amen to the prayers. quote author=yugoo post=124272725]Visa Alert.....

My kids Visa alert mail just dropped this morning from TLS. It's been a journey of sacrifice and hardwork and testimony.

My wife and I have been in UK for 6 months now. We couldn't come with them cos of some constraints we may face financially and settling down wise. It later turned out a good decision cos I was able to work full time like an intoxicated man,to raise cash for fees and their application.

God helped me, I paid and applied for them, from UK here, uploaded all my pay slips and 3 employment letters plus tax no. Lol. I didn't want any story as my wife was the MA.

Applied on 20th June, my son got NSF mail on 21st but we remained calm and prayerful. Today, around 11.20am, the mail came in, with the good news..

I haven't seen my kids physically in 6months, I have been working tirelessly, pushing to bring them in, my wife working so hard too.

They are aged 6years and 4 years. Today, God has given us the testimony we hoped and prayed for 6 months.

Being away from your kids for 6 months was sometimes hell but I knew the sacrifice was worth it

Testimonies of visas will start rolling in here from now onwards[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mescanayo(m): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
Please during visa application you are usually asked "Do you know where you will be staying in the UK" YES or NO? Pls what is the right answer for someone that is yet to secure an apartment. Also what will be respond for Dependant to that question?

Thanks gurus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dejol88: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Rishi Sunak is facing demands from “red wall” Conservative MPs to slash the number of overseas care workers, foreign students and refugees allowed into the UK in time for the next election.

The MPs from the 2017 and 2019 intake, who call themselves the New Conservatives, have issued a 12-point plan to cut net migration to Britain from 606,000 to 226,000 before the end of 2024.

They include the Tory party deputy chair Lee Anderson, the backbencher Miriam Cates and the Ipswich MP, Tom Hunt, all usually considered to be loyal to the prime minister.

The pressure follows party anger over official figures released in May that showed that total long-term immigration was at a record high of 1.2 million people while emigration was 557,000. The rise had been largely fuelled by people from outside the EU entering the UK to study, work or escape conflict or oppression.One red wall source said that Tory MPs in the north of England had been “hammered on the doorsteps” over immigration. “We promised a lot in 2019 about taking back control of our borders and time is ticking,” the source said.

Measures put forward by the New Conservatives include closing temporary schemes that grant eligibility for worker visas to “care workers” and “senior care workers” in order to reduce long-term inward migration (LTIM) by 82,000.

They also propose stopping graduating overseas students from staying on in the UK for up to two years to find work and extending the closure of the student dependent route that allows a student’s family members to access the jobs market. These two measures could cut LTIM by 125,000, the report claims.

The MPs advocate only allowing in skilled workers who earn £38,000 a year or more. This could reduce long-term inward migration by 54,000 people a year, they claim.

The measures have been criticised by experts for being over-simplistic and for being potentially damaging to the economy.

In the report, MPs tell Sunak that a promise to reduce immigration formed a key plank of Boris Johnson’s 2019 victory, when the Tories made sweeping gains in former Labour heartlands, the so-called red wall seats.

“Without swift action to get migration under control, the Conservative party will further erode the trust of hundreds of thousands of voters who lent the party their vote in 2019,” the report said.

The group also says the post-Brexit system has been “too lenient” and is not working, saying that “mass migration is having destabilising economic and cultural consequences”.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dejol88: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hi folks,Denmark is having labour shortage and changing their policy to allow flow of migrants workers outside the EU. Also allowing students to stay three years to look for work.

Uk with uncertainty is not a place to throw in huge money now. History about how they treat international students is something to be worried about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
solaiphones:

That shows she didn’t declare her previous refusal. This is a serious offence

Hmmm that is serious. They have noticed she had a refusal and she didn't declare it.

They want her to declare it now or face denial and ban.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
mescanayo:
Please during visa application you are usually asked "Do you know where you will be staying in the UK" YES or NO? Pls what is the right answer for someone that is yet to secure an apartment. Also what will be respond for Dependant to that question?

Thanks gurus

Best you apply to the schoo for accomodation and submit evidence of that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mskarms001(f): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hello everyone, pls help!

I started running pof on 29th June but I also had part of my tuition deposit in the account so I pulled out the money today, the balance in the account is enough for POF but I was told to start counting all over from today.
On the transfer slip, I wrote that it's part of my tuition deposit.

Will there be consequences if I leave it or I should start from today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by johnopeyemi596: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hi everyone

I am about to apply for my student visa with my two kids as child dependents

My husband is not applying as a partner dependent as he is currently in the USA

I learnt there are implications of one parent applying alone with child dependents

I will appreciate your insights

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duduade16: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
dejol88:
Hi folks,Denmark is having labour shortage and changing their policy to allow flow of migrants workers outside the EU. Also allowing students to stay three years to look for work.

Uk with uncertainty is not a place to throw in huge money now. History about how they treat international students is something to be worried about.
pls shed more light on their application and dependant
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dukeofmilan19: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
kingmonas:

DID YOU PAY ANY AMOUNT BEFORE THE PRE CAS... BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE A CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM ROEHAMTON

No, I didn't. I paid the deposit after the Pre-CAS interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mescanayo(m): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
School accommodation is not for two. What other way can I approach this?

Cashmadam:

Best you apply to the schoo for accomodation and submit evidence of that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by solaiphones: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
mescanayo:
School accommodation is not for two. What other way can I approach this?

Some Schl have accommodation for dependent also
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mescanayo(m): 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
Not in my own case please. Must I arrange for accommodation before visa application?

solaiphones:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mescanayo(m): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Thank you guys for answering questions here.

Please my next question is:
If POF for MA and dependant is in MA account, I think the spouse application is supposed to have a consent letter to support it. Pls I want to know if there is any particular format to follow in writting the letter?

Pls I will appreciate reaponse to this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pakirisuitesphc(m): 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
Wise guy

Serendipity01:
[Congratulations to you and your family. Amen to the prayers. quote author=yugoo post=124272725]Visa Alert.....

My kids Visa alert mail just dropped this morning from TLS. It's been a journey of sacrifice and hardwork and testimony.

My wife and I have been in UK for 6 months now. We couldn't come with them cos of some constraints we may face financially and settling down wise. It later turned out a good decision cos I was able to work full time like an intoxicated man,to raise cash for fees and their application.

God helped me, I paid and applied for them, from UK here, uploaded all my pay slips and 3 employment letters plus tax no. Lol. I didn't want any story as my wife was the MA.

Applied on 20th June, my son got NSF mail on 21st but we remained calm and prayerful. Today, around 11.20am, the mail came in, with the good news..

I haven't seen my kids physically in 6months, I have been working tirelessly, pushing to bring them in, my wife working so hard too.

They are aged 6years and 4 years. Today, God has given us the testimony we hoped and prayed for 6 months.

Being away from your kids for 6 months was sometimes hell but I knew the sacrifice was worth it

Testimonies of visas will start rolling in here from now onwards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hamof: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
solaiphones:

Just put your school address… simple

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hamof: 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
mescanayo:
Not in my own case please. Must I arrange for accommodation before visa application?

You don’t need to arrange any accommodation. Just input your school address… simple

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by solaiphones: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
mescanayo:

Pls use ur Schl address. That’s what most people are advised to use

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yugoo: 4:21am On Jul 08, 2023
shawrygal:

Congratulations. Please whose account did you use for POF
I used my own account this time around, even though my wife was the MA.. I backed it up with my pay slips and employment letters, in UK here. I also submitted Nigerian statement plus my pounds statement, incase. For the IHS and Visa fee, we minused the months we have stayed and paid the balance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yugoo: 4:28am On Jul 08, 2023
Let me also advice, if you are not very buoyant to come with kids, pls drop them for a trusted hand but make sure you add them as part of your dependants when filling your form. My wife was able to settle well in school first, which was paramount cos the kids were not there to distract, also I worked very long hours cos I wouldn't be thinking of child care as we need money to balance part of the fees. Finally, if you can stay around or within London, it's okay cos you have many jobs available here in London, even though rent is quite a lot, compared to the Midlands bit there Warehouse jobs, care jobs and some other things to do around London and its Boroughs

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Rhamzy94(m): 5:23am On Jul 08, 2023
@duchess and other gurus, please respond to this.

Mskarms001:

I started running pof on 29th June but I also had part of my tuition deposit in the account so I pulled out the money today, the balance in the account is enough for POF but I was told to start counting all over from today.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 5:47am On Jul 08, 2023
Hello

Since you have paid more tuition deposit then you should have your CAS updated

You don't need to start all over, submit your tuition payment receipt from your Uni for the sum you have paid to match what was withdrawn

Submit an updated CAS to reflect this if it is available, if it isn't that's fine,CAS is an electronic document so it can be updated for the ECO to see

Cheers
Mskarms001:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shawrygal(f): 5:50am On Jul 08, 2023
mescanayo:

Use your school address. No worries.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hoyhin: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2023
Thank you for the guidance. Do someone who has been refused USA visa needs to declare refusal, since it's not UK refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2023
Rhamzy94:
@duchess and other gurus, please respond to this.

I don't think you need to start counting again - as long as the money left in your account is enough to cover the balance of your tuition fees and maintenance. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2023
Hoyhin:
Thank you for the guidance. Do someone who has been refused USA visa needs to declare refusal, since it's not UK refusal?

Please declare.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omoboyeo(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2023
How much is the ticket from Lagos to Glasgow airport ... the cheapest one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hoyhin: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2023
Use skyscanner.net
Omoboyeo:
How much is the ticket from Lagos to Glasgow airport ... the cheapest one

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hoyhin: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2023
Thank you.
Cashmadam:

Please declare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CLASSMAN: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2023
Hoyhin:
Use skyscanner.net
pls does qatar needs transit visa pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Chrisomila: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
Please if I pay tuition deposit of 3000 pounds from school fees of 16000 pounds can I be able to work and pay up the remaining fees while in UK? Just a one year program..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.