Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1015589 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by baines3(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2022
Figure8Abi:

Which school offered you admission? Did you go through pre-master’s or top up?

So Sheffield Hallam is the only school that accepts HND (my observation in the past few weeks)

University of staffordshire gave me admission with my HND
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sheggy13(m): 8:05am On Aug 28, 2022
Amillionnn:
Zenith bank uses N444 to a dollar.

I thought Zenith have $20 monthly spending limit. How does one spend more than this and use this N444 rate, is it through DOM account or what? Please educate me. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ugmama(m): 8:07am On Aug 28, 2022
giselle237:
they dnt stand and start weighing it..its written 2 (medium) boxes of 20kg on their website but people always move with their medium/large/small luggage as nobody stands to say how much is your luggage. They just expect everyone to carry appropriate.. so your allocated 23kg x 2 boxes u leave Nigeria with should be fine. Then small carryon can be put in the overhead compartment in the bus/coach

Pesin fit use Ghana must go pack food stuffs? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SoloceeD2(m): 8:09am On Aug 28, 2022
PrudentT:
Hello duchess,
Thank you for all you do on this platform.
Please, I want to know if one can change from standard to priority before biometrics is done.

Bio is 1st of September
School resumes by 19th.
Thank you
You can add priority service as long as you have not done biometric. I added mine a day to biometric and got decision on the 3rd working day (Abuja TLS).

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ugmama(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2022
koonleh:
Pls I applied to this schools, for Jan intake, have not heard anything from there since June.is there anyone who applied to anyone and have heard anything. And any reviews about any of these schools.

Thank u

Glasgow Caledonian university
Edinburgh Napier university
Bournemouth university
University Derby
Northumbria university Newcastle

Maybe there are schools that prefer school agent applications.

Please those that have idea should assist point them out so we don't waste our time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SoloceeD2(m): 8:16am On Aug 28, 2022
medicine98:
Download the Ethiopian Airlines App on your phone. It is cheaper using that. I got 590,836 from Lagos to London Heathrow yesterday.
Is your flight direct from Addis to Heathrow with no stop over at Frankfurt?
How were you able to get flight that cheap yesterday cos I couldn't see anyone less than 2.5m on the Ethiopian Airlines app?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bosslady25: 8:19am On Aug 28, 2022
I’m a dependent. I didn’t sign or upload any part of the consent form.
I’m using the MA pof... I submitted a consent letter by him to use his pof.
dduchess90:
Hello

What exactly is your situation

Did you use joint or a different bank statement.

I assume that's what the 3rd consent letter refers to

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bosslady25: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2022
I didn’t sign any of the home office consent form.
Please, is there a way that I can sign and send to the home office?? I did biometrics yesterday. I’m so bothered.
Thank you.quote author=dduchess90 post=116127352]Hello

What exactly is your situation

Did you use joint or a different bank statement.

I assume that's what the 3rd consent letter refers to

Cheers [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JIBO052021: 8:52am On Aug 28, 2022
Pls who knows if walk-in is available at VI tls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Summertime: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2022
Good day b gurus, Pls who has used British Airways recently. Is it compulsory to be covid vaccinated or to have covid test??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JIBO052021: 9:05am On Aug 28, 2022
JIBO052021:
Pls who knows if walk-in is available at VI tls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 2goodness(f): 9:11am On Aug 28, 2022
@justwise
@Dduchess90
And others please assist.

I Started my visa application on friday. Main applicant paid 890.65$ for IHS. When registering dependants, on getting to IHS payment, dependant fee was at 1152.94$ for a one year course(19th of September 2022 to 18th September 2023. I even tried again today, it is still same amount. Please is this supposed to be? What could be the cause? Main applicant has also paid for visa and priority service.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kalakris: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

1st page MA signs and dependants signs individually. If there are child dependants then whoever filled the form needs to sign it

2nd and 3rd will depend on your circumstances

Cheers

Abeg o. When I did application with my wife, we didn't sign any consent form o. My wife is the MA. The only consent form we used was the personal consent form she signed for me authorizing me to make use of her bank account for my maintenance o. Hope I am safe. Bio August 9th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2022
2goodness:

I Started my visa application on friday. Main applicant paid 890.65$ for IHS. When registering dependants, on getting to IHS payment, dependant fee was at 1152.94$ for a one year course(19th of September 2022 to 18th September 2023. I even tried again today, it is still same amount. Please is this supposed to be? What could be the cause? Main applicant has also paid for visa and priority service.
put the dates as is shown on your CAS and if that’s what comes out then yes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TitanII: 9:26am On Aug 28, 2022
giselle237:
the easiest name to change will be the name on the NIN. Change it to what was on your previous passport as I assume that’s your real name?
Modification of name costs 500 naira on NIN portal. Make payment via remita, print receipt and with relevant documents showing this new name go to a NIN office closest to you.
The above only applies to if the name you want on the NEW passport will be the name on the old passport. ..

If it is a different scenario and you want to change the name on your old passport to what is your NIN then go here https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/main

All the information is there. Read and understand it.

Thank you.
So you're saying going through the website is also legit, rather than going all the way to Abuja ?

Yes, I want to change the name on my old passport to what is on my NIN. The one on my old passport is a short form, but all my recent documents, school certificate, etc have the full name.

My case is that I went for a renewal and then they found out the name discrepancies with my NIN, and asked me to do a name change.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2022
TitanII:

So you're saying going through the website is also legit, rather than going all the way to Abuja ?
Yes, I want to change the name on my old passport to what is on my NIN. The one on my old passport is a short form, but all my recent documents, school certificate, etc have the full name. My case is that I went for a renewal and then they found out the name discrepancies with my NIN, and asked me to do a name change.
Going through the website is legit but hold on….
so you have already paid for the new passport online? If yes, pls to make things easier for yourself, change the name on your NIN to what is on the old passport. That's your easiest option so as not to waste the passport payment.
U can carry along an affidavit to tie your recent documents with full name to the rest of everything. It is accepted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jessiejey: 9:35am On Aug 28, 2022
1) Please how can I change my biometrics date? I got 19th but it’s too far for me as enrollment starts on the 19th
2) also, I have already paid for priority…. Can I top up to super priority or do I have to pay in full and forfeit the £250 for the priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TitanII: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2022
giselle237:

Going through the website is legit but hold on….
so you have already paid for the new passport online? If yes, pls to make things easier for yourself, change the name on your NIN to what is on the old passport. That's your easiest option so as not to waste the passport payment.
U can carry along an affidavit to tie your recent documents with full name to the rest of everything. It is accepted

The passport payment is now void. Can you email me ? gbolahansalako0@gmail.com. I have a lot of questions. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2022
jessiejey:
1) Please how can I change my biometrics date? I got 19th but it’s too far for me as enrollment starts on the 19th
2) also, I have already paid for priority…. Can I top up to super priority or do I have to pay in full and forfeit the £250 for the priority?
dnt try a new payment if you not ready to forfeit the money.. TLS refunds are zero
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jessiejey: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2022
Please who knows how this Prime Time and Flexi appointment works? I applied to the VI TLS and the date is too far so I need to move it forward…please help. Thanns
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 2goodness(f): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2022
giselle237:
put the dates as is shown on your CAS and if that’s what comes out then yes.

Thank you very much. I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AgentXxx(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2022
I will advise you wait for nsf from ukvi requesting it …
AltCtrlDel:

Please what can I do if this was not submitted at all? My dependants did biometrics yesterday. Can we still sign and email it?

Please note I'm already in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AgentXxx(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2022
I will advise you wait for nsf from ukvi requesting it ..
Bosslady25:
��‍♂️������
I didn’t submit it. The advice that I got was that main applicant signs it and upload. I didn’t upload it on mine.
Please, is it possible to send a document after biometrics??

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AgentXxx(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2022
It’s not mandatory as long as the certificate is still valid
bigwig10:
Please urgent advise....
I did my tb test with the name of a school on it as the address for where am going but eventually now not going to the school again but another school,am about to do the visa processing now, please will it or will it not affect my chances now or shuld i apply to iom again now for change of address on the tb certificate.
Please anyone with this experience should kindly advise......thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bosslady25: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2022
Prime time is early in the morning 8am... it costs 37,000naira. That was what I did yesterday. I entered immediately they opened.
I got 21st of September initially, but refreshed and got 27th August,8am. Got this on 26th.
So, you might be lucky too.

jessiejey:
Please who knows how this Prime Time and Flexi appointment works? I applied to the VI TLS and the date is too far so I need to move it forward…please help. Thanns
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2022
PrudentT:
Hello duchess,
Thank you for all you do on this platform.
Please, I want to know if one can change from standard to priority before biometrics is done.

Bio is 1st of September
School resumes by 19th.
Thank you

Yea. Very possible. That was what I did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by koonleh: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

These schools are sorting out September intake

Follow up towards early or mid October

Cheers

Thank u so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ignis: 11:12am On Aug 28, 2022
bharkarh:
wow! For you alone?

Ofcourse.... one way trip.
You don't understand what's going.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kcallerpsi: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2022
Please, does anyone have a spare room in Lincoln for rent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kino47: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

I remember now

This will be to resubmit for a new biometrics right?

Have you picked up your passport?

Can you reach UKVI on this and confirm if decision has been made on your kids application?

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MatrixCircle: 11:19am On Aug 28, 2022
Hi house, please has anyone use Zenith bank for form A, like what is the average number of weeks it takes to get debited. I want to use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tobidarker02: 11:40am On Aug 28, 2022
I
Igbamatigbi:
Good morning, I am the MA and in U.K. for a year now, how can I and my spouse sign on same document ie consent letter when both of us are not in Nigeria at the moment? if we use my e signature and my spouse signs on it too for our children’s consent letter will it be an issue?
Do I need a separate letter telling UKVI that I give consent for my spouse to come with the kids to U.K.?
Thank you.
You don't need a consent letter.
The only problem is if you did not declare them as your dependent.
If you did not then write a cover letter signed and scan it to them to upload when applying.

If you are on post study visa don't bother wasting your money though

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.