Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,937 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1015095 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ignis: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
Queenk007:

Something you would have spend less going through air peace to Ghana and then to London. Lots of airline with very affordable rates

That one is stress...

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=Agbekehorla post=116140660][/quote]

The roads are not safe.... stay in lagos. Worse case you resume slightly late. Safety first
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2022
Readytojapa:
Good evening everyone

My TB test expires on 17th September.

I'll be leaving Lagos same day but arriving in London on the 18th.

Can I travel with this certificate please ?

I've heard stories of overzealous officers at MMA, will I be allowed to board?

Nobody will ask you for TB..... TB is for visa application not travelling or POE. I believe you should be fine

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pauloot(m): 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
ubom123:
Good day all,

I have my visa for UCA Farnham but because of the high cost of flights to Heathrow. I am planning to book for a date few days after the start date.

Start date: 19th September
School allows me to enter on or before: 20th October
My intended date for booking: 28th September

Is it still safe to travel at least 9 days after start date?
Instead of 28th of September why not book 3rd October? Not up to 250k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pauloot(m): 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
SoloceeD2:

Is your flight direct from Addis to Heathrow with no stop over at Frankfurt?
How were you able to get flight that cheap yesterday cos I couldn't see anyone less than 2.5m on the Ethiopian Airlines app?
Booked Lagos to London yesterday with Egyptair for 450k. But ready to do that at midnight. No sleeping

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by medicine98: 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
9th Sept
sirjey4real20:

Which date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Halleend101: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
Good evening house
Greetings to you dutchees and other wonderful people in the house.
Please help,I cancelled my iom appointment because I needed to update my new passport no and that of my 2 dependents and to also change the initial address.But when I try booking a new appointment it kept on telling me that my passport no is in existence.
Despite that they sent me an email confirming the cancellation of the formal appointment.

Please what can I do now because I want to travel on Wednesday for the test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Samcathe: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
Pauloot:
Booked Lagos to London yesterday with Egyptair for 450k. But ready to do that at midnight. No sleeping

Travel date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Funky123(f): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
dapsey92:
Visa Alert!!! Visa Alert!!! Visa Alert!!!

ALHAMDU LILAHI RABI ALAMEEN

School: Ulster University Birmingham Campus

Course: International Business(Msc)

Visa application/payment: 4th August 2022

TLS Center: Abuja

Biometrics: 18th August, 2022(Priority Service)

Collection Mail: 25th August, 2022 3.00pm

Collection: 25th August, 2022 3.30pm

Awaiting my dependant own

All i can say to everyone still in the pool, is not to give up and pray to God.

Thanks to Nairaland family for all the support

Congratulations please how much did you pay for deposit in Ulster and do they request for POF before CAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by medicine98: 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2022
With stopover in Instanbul. I got it early at about 3am. I had to cancel Qatar flight for MA because School insisted on the resumption date of 13th Sept. as against the 20th for Qatar flight.
SoloceeD2:

Is your flight direct from Addis to Heathrow with no stop over at Frankfurt?
How were you able to get flight that cheap yesterday cos I couldn't see anyone less than 2.5m on the Ethiopian Airlines app?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamesobedbaisel: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

It's entirely up to the ECO to ask for that document

You may wish to prepare like they would . In that case prepare documents to show what you have used your maintenance for, like tenancy agreement, fees paid,bills paid, groceries receipt randomly selected

The list is endless, if they don't then good

Cheers

Alright. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ForDanny: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2022
bestijenkins94:
Please what's nsf

Not straightforward Mail due to one or two issues with your application and they ask for more documents or explanations on what they do not understand .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ola30(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
Congratulations Sir,
Please I want to ask if University of Hull request for POF before issuing CAS.

How is their admission process like?

I sent you a mail yesterday sir .

Thanks.

Readytojapa:
Good evening everyone

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
Call their office, they will rebook you by themselve.
Halleend101:
Good evening house
Please help,I cancelled my iom appointment because I needed to update my new passport no and that of my 2 dependents and to also change the initial address.But when I try booking a new appointment it kept on telling me that my passport no is in existence.
Despite that they sent me an email confirming the cancellation of the formal appointment.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Readytojapa: 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
Thanks Ola

No they don't.

It's quite straightforward - you need to upload degree certificate, transcript, reference (professional or academic) as well as WAEC result.

They'll then review and come back to you

ola30:
Congratulations Sir,

Thanks.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bharkarh(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
ignis:

Ofcourse.... one way trip.
You don't understand what's going.
mehn, wahala
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Damzzz: 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
Anybody please? Kingston University
Damzzz:
Hello guys, Anyone here in Kingston University or considering the school for Jan? My cousin is considering the offer for Jan. People rarely talk about the school on here. So, I'd like to know your take please. If there're bad reviews. Postive/Negative take are welcome to help him make a good choice. Thanks!
Plus, Is the £5k International scholarship visible? cuz it didn't reflect in his offer letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Hibiscuslady: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hello

Do we have anyone who got a study permit after a ten-year ban and how did it go? What did you do or is it an outright refusal

Please help. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by smsalert1: 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Nobody will ask you for TB..... TB is for visa application not travelling or POE. I believe you should be fine
I did TB test with a school details that didn't give me CAS. Can I use the TB test certificate to apply for Visa with another school CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
smsalert1:

I did TB test with a school details that didn't give me CAS. Can I use the TB test certificate to apply for Visa with another school CAS
yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
smsalert1:

Yes I believe this doesn't matter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by frankob(m): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2022
ola30:
Congratulations Sir,

Thanks.

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
The £5k would be mentioned in your CAS statement and it would come as a discount on tuition fees payable. In selecting school, look out for cost of living in the area and also availability of jobs.

Damzzz:
Anybody please? Kingston University

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tobidarker02: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
Agbekehorla:

I appreciate your response.
It's a long story!. Thought I could go with my children so it took time to put the money together...but as it turned out now...i may apply first because of this dollar increase (so PoF now is too much for only me..... that's another issue that I'm wondering how the ECO will look at it) Anyways, this appointment date.......if I have paid visa and IHS fees by then ...would it matter again if I inform my Uni....or are you saying it's possible to get appointment date before payment? I really need enlightenment on how it works. Thanks again
They use Oanda rate not black market rate.
And oanda rate is not even up to 500
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tobidarker02: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
Agbekehorla:
@justwise, lagosishome, duchess and other great contributors. Planning to apply by 19th September using priority....last day of arrival in school is 10th October 2022. Do you think I can make it. Mind you I don't know when my Biometrics will likely be. Any advice!

Thank you in advance .
Pick Abuja Tls so you can do walk in
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tobidarker02: 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Halleend101:
Good evening house

Send them a mail.
You shouldn't have cancelled it though.
You will still be able to fill in the correct details when you get there
They don't use the ones you fill online
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shawrygal(f): 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Good evening, is there anyone who got conditional offer from University of Salford to study Msc Nursing. Please let's share ideas

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jvas: 10:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
Good day all.

Please how many days does priority visa take to collect passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Readytojapa: 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
@duchess90 @justwise

Readytojapa:
Good evening everyone

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
Jvas:
Good day all.

Please how many days does priority visa take to collect passport?
Give or take, 7 to 10 days.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2022
Halleend101:
Good evening house

Call the phone numbers you have in your previous bookings. They'll get you a new date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.