Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,395 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1001655 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
seglius:

Biometric date pls?

23rd priority. Abj.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fluxyb: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
Congratulations! Please what did you do? My bio was July 13th and uptil now it's still at DMC. Lord, please help me.
Omooooooo:

My wife just collected her passport today, glory be to the most high God.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Destined4gr8nes: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello good evening, biometrics done on 25th of August at TLS Abuja for family of three. MA got an empty NSF mail today without request for any additional documents. Do I need to send a paid email or do a paid call to find out the status of the application? Is it something to be worried about?
Please help on how to deal with the empty NSF.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Phebeana: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
Phebeana:

Hello.

Please did they send any mail
Did you escalate?
Wow 8 weeks.
My daughter is 7 weeks still nothing.

Please did you do anything to hasten??

I have sent you an email please reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Immality(m): 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
Please I need a guideline on how to go about this.

Is it possible to wed your partner this month and travel to UK for studies next month, then in few months time apply for her to come as your dependent if you did not initially stated it in your application that you’ve a partner?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Plethereal:
please, are we required to present COVID 19 vaccination certificate when traveling from Nigeria to UK? Also are we required to tender max 2days old PCR test result?

The airline didn't specify this but airport staff insist on this.

PCR test is no longer required for flight to Uk, don't let the exploit you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
Juice2Pac:
Please what is the validity of my passport before entering the UK. My passport expires in July 2023, can I use it to apply for visa for January 2023 intake or I need to renew it?

6 months validity is required.
You are good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello

There's nothing to worry about and you are not required to do anything when you receive an empty NSF. It just means they need more time

I will suggest you wait a week before making any paid call or mail

Cheers
Destined4gr8nes:
Hello good evening, biometrics done on 25th of August at TLS Abuja for family of three. MA got an empty NSF mail today without request for any additional documents. Do I need to send a paid email or do a paid call to find out the status of the application? Is it something to be worried about?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2022
Immality:

Is it possible to wed your partner this month and travel to UK for studies next month, then in few months time apply for her to come as your dependent if you did not initially stated it in your application that you’ve a partner?

At the time of application were you married. If yes and you declare single as the status that when there is an issue.

If no you were not married when you submitted , that fine even if it was the next day after submission that you got married. That absolutely fine. The dependent can apply and just put all relevant supporting documents

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Solatium(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
prestigiouslady:
Good evening everyone.
Welldone to everyone who has participated
I have few questions please
1. I finished with a 3rd class(Linguistics), I want to know if I can apply for MA, what are my chances??..I have few certifications(six sigma yellow and green belt, HR management in progress) will the certificates count
2. Are there schools that accept school fees payment like every month...Though I already have a reasonable amount of money for half payment.. But if there's any option of monthly or quarterly payment
3. My partner (not married), I'd like for him to be a dependant(since he's in the health sector), what are the things I'd need to prove that we are partners.
4. My passport and my 7yr old child capturing will be done fourth week of October, can i start applying to schools before my passport is out..I'd like to make the January admission..

Thank you all

3rd class can still study for Master.

You need to do a lot of research on your own concerning question 1 & 2.

Question 3.
There must be a marriage in place.

Question 4 .
Yes

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello

The onus is on providing sufficient evidence to show your relationship is substantial.

You can get married and apply the month after however, when submitting documents you have to include evidence for the span of your relationship however long it is

Cheers
Immality:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Juice2Pac: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
Solatium:

6 months validity is required.
You are good to go
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aieboocaar(m): 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
Aieboocaar:
This is my thread of testimony!!!! cool

I too shall testify soon cheesy for the lord God in whom I trust will never fail me cool

God said it!, I believe it!!.. AND THATTT SETTLES IT!!!!grin grin

VISA ALERTTTTT!!!! cool

**University Application started......15th December 2021
**Application submitted.......26th January 2022( took me long to complete cos I was skeptical about the whole process)
**Conditional offer.... 28th January 2022(2 days after)
**Unconditional offer..... 4th march, 2022
**International passport renewal..... 10th may 2022
**Tuberculosis.......... 12th may 2022
**CAS............ 14th July 2022
**Visa application.....16th July 2022
**Biometric............ 03rd August 2022
**BRP letter/moved to VAC ...... 30th August 2022(Visa approved 23rd August)
**Collection mail...... 30th August 2022
**Passport pickup ....... 31st August 2022 grin

I never knew I was a fine boy until I saw myself looking dope in vignette. cool grin

7years study gap
No NSF
1 paid mail on 23rd August (decision made)

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED
1). passport bio data page
2). Waec Certificate
3). B.sc Certificate
4). Transcript
5). CAS
6). Statement of account
7). TB certificate

OTHER DOCUMENTS
cool. Employee Reference letter
9). Staff ID card
10). NYSC certificate

Special thanks to every single one who contributes to this thread, i can't begin to mention names individually. I SEE YOU ALL, I APPRECIATE YOU ALL... The knowledge gotten here for free was all I needed.

I pray for everyone here waiting for theirs, YOUR MIRACLE IS ON THE WAY! Keep the dream alive.

CHEERS!!! kiss

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Plethereal: 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Not true... all this was stopped monthly ago. There is no covid requirement or action to do to enter UK

Are you sure this person is really an airport staff.

the guy is an Faan staff.
I think the airport authority should issue a circular that we can use to contest this.
Nigerians always trying to exploit Nigerians.
even the airline I booked specifically requested that I should check the requirements and only VISa is required, nothing like COVID kini Kan.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello

Go back to the agent and request for the documents.Hopefully you were not banned or request for your immigration records with the home office you will need an UK address for this

Also if you filled married and you are single that is deemed as deception

Anyway find out your immigration records first, and whatever you do going forward be truthful

Cheers
liftmeGod:
Please i need serious advice on this question,i apply to UK tourist visa 2009 through Agent,and all the information that agent use for me is not my information eg mother's name,wife name, because am single then,to cut it short i dont have the information and refusal letter again, please what can I do, because I want to study in UK now

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Plethereal: 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
Plethereal:

I think the airport authority should issue a circular that we can use to contest this.
even the airline I booked specifically requested that I should check the requirements and only VISa is required, nothing like COVID kini Kan.

please anyone that has travelled recently should update us ejor. I know someone who travelled recently that told me that they asked him for PCR test at Nigerian airport whereas the two layovers did not bother only nose mask was necessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
Plethereal:

It the faan staff that is trying to exploit you then..... any staff who works there should know all these were stopped months ago. How can he not know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Docarsgirl(f): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
Aieboocaar:

God said it!, I believe it!!.. AND THATTT SETTLES IT!!!!grin grin

VISA ALERTTTTT!!!! cool

**University Application started......15th December 2021
**Application submitted.......26th January 2022( took me long to complete cos I was skeptical about the whole process)
**Conditional offer.... 28th January 2022(2 days after)
**Unconditional offer..... 4th march, 2022
**International passport renewal..... 10th may 2022
**Tuberculosis.......... 12th may 2022
**CAS............ 14th July 2022
**Visa application.....16th July 2022
**Biometric............ 03rd August 2022
**BRP letter/moved to VAC ...... 30th August 2022(Visa approved 23rd August)
**Collection mail...... 30th August 2022
**Passport pickup ....... 31st August 2022 grin

I never knew I was a fine boy until I saw myself looking dope in vignette. cool grin

7years study gap
No NSF
1 paid mail on 23rd August (decision made)

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED
1). passport bio data page
2). Waec Certificate
3). B.sc Certificate
4). Transcript
5). CAS
6). Statement of account
7). TB certificate

OTHER DOCUMENTS
cool. Employee Reference letter
9). Staff ID card
10). NYSC certificate

Special thanks to every single one who contributes to this thread, i can't begin to mention names individually. I SEE YOU ALL, I APPRECIATE YOU ALL... The knowledge gotten here for free was all I needed.

I pray for everyone here waiting for theirs, YOUR MIRACLE IS ON THE WAY! Keep the dream alive.

CHEERS!!! kiss

Congratulations me too shall testify very soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by zeeboy61: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
Were u married before you visa application ?
If no,then it shouldn't be a problem .Your marriage certificate has a date and that justifies everything .

Immality:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Plethereal: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
LagosismyHome:

It the faan staff that is trying to exploit you then..... any staff who works there should know all these were stopped months ago. How can he not know

you have a point because the guy is the one pushing me to another person that will help me run the test.
I am not particularly ok with backdoor channels, I like doing things the right way if they insist I do COVID test, I'll do it. I'm confident that I'm negative.

duchess please say something, a lot of people might be exploited if this nonsense orisirisi is not curtailed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shakurshakur(m): 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
medicine98:
I used Marina branch.

Thanks for your usual answers grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello

Why was the pension savings account included in your application when it was not needed??

Your cover letter seems okay but please draw the ECOs attention to the relevant bank details

If you are quoting the bank account that has the maintenance funds state the account name and no and total funds.

You can add the letter from PFA but your explanation is very important. You may further wish to reprint the correct bank statement and resubmit, stating in your cover letter that you are resubmitting the correct account details earlier submitted showing funds are available till date

Let's see the draft after including this.
Cheers
bsola:
Thank you so much.
Yes the funds in both our accounts cover for us, without even the pension savings.
and I was able to get a letter from the PFA that a percentage of the money is available to use for the applicant, if he is out of job.

Is it okay to ask that a document be disregarded?, maybe I should add that to this my response, or the response is good to go. i added a table of breakdown of the funds we have and how much each applicant requires.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello

You definitely do not need a Covid test if you are coming to the UK.Print the first page on this list as your evidence

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid.

It should look like this screenshot

Cheers

Plethereal:

you have a point because the guy is the one pushing me to another person that will help me run the test.
I am not particularly ok with backdoor channels, I like doing things the right way if they insist I do COVID test, I'll do it. I'm confident that I'm negative.

duchess please say something, a lot of people might be exploited if this nonsense orisirisi is not curtailed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Madeforher(f): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
Skin90:

Was your biometric on 10th August?
No 8th

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by efosakelly: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hibiscuslady:
Hello

Do we have anyone who got a study permit after a ten-year ban and how did it go? What did you do or is it an outright refusal

Please help. Thank you
Yes, I did got a study permit after a 10 years ban, so i can attest to that.
was banned in 2009, ban eneded 2019. got student visa in 2022 January intake.
I even went to all these study abroad people to help me, they said i can not get a visa i should not bother.
i decided to take the risk , knowing that if i fail, i will get a refund of my IHS and my Deposit., and it paid off
(As i dey UK so, I don dey gain) lol
All you have to do is do declare the refusal and explain the ban in the additional note, if you know the reason,
In my case i did nto know the reason cos the agent did not give me that note in 2009, young and naive i did not even bother about it.
then 2018 i applied for a visitor visa, it was rejected , and was told i have an existing ban,, this was the first time i became aware that i was banned, and it was explained that they could not verify my place of work in my application in 2009. the agent went to use another company different from where i actually work to impress them, i must wait till the ban end to get a change of getting a visa. i called my school after i got conditional offer, and they told me since the ban has ended, that will not be an issue, but i must decalere it when i am applying for a visa. which i did, On the additional note, i just explain that i was a victim of a fradulent travel agent.
i got visa, but it took up to 2 times the normal processing time, probably they had to verify everything. i remember my banks calling me to ask if i am aware that my statement of account is been used in an embassy, i said yes, i used it myself.
[b]Advice [/b]Just make sure every document relevant to your application is genuene this time, becose they are going to try to verify it more than once to see if it checkout.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello

I assume you are female

How does your name appear on your marriage certificate?
If it's the same with your bank details I won't be concerned about getting an additional affidavit

Cheers
kbpresh:
Does an affidavit of change of name and a name preference affidavit cover for name discrepancies in Visa application? Considering that my bank name in the proof of funds has my old surname and then first name and middle name are interchanged. Will this be a problem?

In the name preference affidavit I listed the names as written in my bank account name. I don't know if I'm clear enough.

Please I need an answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Immality(m): 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

The onus is on providing sufficient evidence to show your relationship is substantial.

You can get married and apply the month after however, when submitting documents you have to include evidence for the span of your relationship however long it is

Cheers

Thank you very very much .
We are not yet married yet but planning to before I travel by next month .

Please what evidence do I need to provide when she wants to apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ugmama(m): 7:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
September in abit

I still dey wait for Sept 2023 start application o grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
The cover letter works fine. Yes it's ok to tell them to disregard a document if it does not support your application. One more thing ...did your husband mention he is relying on a separate fund from yours (MA)? This may have been why they requested for the pension statement

bsola:
Thank you so much.
Yes the funds in both our accounts cover for us, without even the pension savings.
and I was able to get a letter from the PFA that a percentage of the money is available to use for the applicant, if he is out of job.

Is it okay to ask that a document be disregarded?, maybe I should add that to this my response, or the response is good to go. i added a table of breakdown of the funds we have and how much each applicant requires.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
Madeforher:

I just got my BRP letter this afternoon
So by tomorrow or next you should get yours

Did you get it from your Uni or UKVI?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skynet2021: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Standard or priority?
Destined4gr8nes:
Thank you.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Morgan5555: 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
I did biometric on 08 of august up till now awaiting decision(via paid mail)…should I escalate??

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.