Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1005532 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 5:09am On Sep 30, 2022
giselle237:
go to their office in Lagos or Abuja or call them on their contact no and they will tell you what to do.

I don't actually live in lagos or Abuja, and the contact number I saw on google was automated, I did not have the option of speaking with an agent, pls do you have a number I can reach?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 5:23am On Sep 30, 2022
DarkEvanny:
Please pardon me ignorance, I heard conflicting calculations thought to bring it here . If I start counting POF today 30th September , when will it be the exact 28th days maturity? When should I print out ?

28th of October ....even though... 27th is ok, but 28 is more preferable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kaaykaay: 6:23am On Sep 30, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

What is your definition of hustling job?

If you have no documents to show study gap you have to prepare a detailed cover letter explaining the activities of your hustling job to the ECO and why you chose to do that

Again an idea of what the hustling job is will help put things in perspective

Cheers

Thanks for your response, the hustling job I meant was trying to do any kind of work to make ends meet... Maybe from selling, freelancing (working on fiverr), a contract job with no official letter backing it. How do I explain this cos I haven't been had any job with any company that can issue a reference letter or appointment letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Phil46: 6:30am On Sep 30, 2022
carik:

We are both at the same stage. I haven't made payment

Okay. Please, do you mind if we connect? I just sent a DM. Kindly reply. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kaja(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2022
Hey peeps, just got info this Morning that most schools are no longer accepting applications from Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2022
kaja:
Hey peeps, just got info this Morning that most schools are no longer accepting applications from Nigeria.

Info is wrong
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by cuzomba(m): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Trishia14:
Please which bank did you use
Globus Bank oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2022
Good morning y'all, acquisition of fashion and designing skills for 3 years after my mandatory one year service as a Nigerian graduate, is it a enough reason for a study gap of 5 years?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ruth1212: 8:22am On Sep 30, 2022
Good morning everyone
Please I got a conditional offer in RGU and BCUIC but Rgu is more affordable ..my husband and child are my dependants. I want to know how the cost of living is in Scotland as well as employment opportunities and house rent
Pls I await your response
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nkhared: 8:32am On Sep 30, 2022
Good morning guys.

Please are there payments involved in the biometrics process after the VISA application has been paid for and how much?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ola30(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello.

1. Is the old passport already expired? And are you aiming for Jan admission?
What if there are delays and the target to get the new one in December is delayed?

I personally will advise you get the new passport if the answer to my first question is a yes

2. Yes the new one will have the old passport no

Cheers

@ddutchess99.
Thanks for your dearly response.

1. I want to ask...now that my old passport number that is already expired will be displayed in my new passport. Can I use the expired passport number to apply for admission ?

2. I want to start processing my admission on time for Sept.2023. Is January 2023 not late to start? because my new passport will be ready in December .

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ultrazone(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2022
Dependents take note.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/09/26/foreign-students-bringing-relatives-record-numbers/

Foreign students are bringing relatives in record numbers
Migration Watch UK says it's an area 'in desperate need of tightening'

By Charles Hymas, Home Affairs Editor and Ben Butcher 26 September 2022 • 9:00pm
Record numbers of foreign students are bringing relatives into the UK, as ministers consider how to bring down overall immigration.

An analysis of Home Office data shows the numbers of dependants of foreign students granted visas has increased five-fold in just three years, from 13,664 in 2019 to 81,089 in the year ending June 2022.

It comes as universities have moved to shore up their income by boosting the numbers of foreign students, who now are increasingly bringing in relatives as well. Whereas the ratio of dependants to students granted visas was 26 to one in 2019, it was five to one in the year to June.

It is understood that Suella Braverman, the Home Secretary, is studying the data as part of her review of immigration which will aim to bring down the headline figure while also ensuring it boosts growth.

Those with low skills could fall foul of moves to ensure that migrants seeking visas demonstrate they would have a meaningful impact on economic growth by increasing GDP per capita.

Nigerians and Indians bringing most dependants
Net migration is running at 230,000 people a year and last month Home Office figures revealed that the number of visas for foreign nationals to live, study and work in the UK had exceeded a million for the first time.

Students account for a large proportion of overall immigration, with numbers up by 60 per cent in a year, from 256,000 to nearly 411,000 in the year to June 2022. The number of dependants increased by 170 per cent from 29,700 to 81,100.

Nigeria and India were the countries with the highest number of students bringing dependants. The 34,000 Nigerian students accounted for 31,898 dependants while the 93,100 Indian students accounted for 24,916.

Libya had 455 dependants and 272 main applicants, meaning there were more dependants than students.

'An area in desperate need of tightening'
Alp Mehmet, chairman of Migration Watch UK, said: "It has been clear for years that a significant number of those coming to study and their dependants use it as a route into work and settlement.

“It is yet another mode of uncontrolled and uncapped migration, often, feeding the demand for low-skilled and low-paid workers. The number of student dependants has spiralled to over 80,000 in one year. It is an area in desperate need of tightening.”

The immigration review is to consider overhauling the visa system to address labour shortages, attract talent and improve economic growth.

It could see changes to the shortage occupations list to allow some key sectors to recruit more overseas staff and a loosening of the requirement to speak English in some areas to enable more foreign workers into the country. The current 30-40,000 cap on seasonal workers is likely be lifted in the “short term.”

Downing Street says the Government is not advocating an increase in immigration but changes to the mix. “That will involve increasing numbers in some areas and decreasing in others. As the Prime Minister has made clear, we also want to see people who are economically inactive get back into work,” they said.

Across work visas, the number and ratio of dependants has also increased, nearly doubling in a year from 55,747 to 109,649. The ratio for the 221,584 visas granted for skilled workers in relation to dependants was 2.5.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/09/26/foreign-students-bringing-relatives-record-numbers/

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yinkzzboy: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Please house anyone should kindly share me schools in the UK that accept HND for masters directly against next year's admission. Or if anyone the uk that is currently doing his/her master's in the uk via HND should equally help out too.
�� Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tymally: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2022
I just got my passport back with the visa beautifully placed in it

Biometrics Sep 20

NSF to submit TB result Sep 23 to which I responded to same day

Paid call on 27th Decision made

Sept 29 collection email

Sept 30 picked passport

Excuse the none exclusivity, a visa agent was the one that managed my portal so didn't have access to the timeline of each step

Thought to share mine too, I always find it interesting reading others timeline

16 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2022
Tymally:
I just got my passport back with the visa beautifully placed in it

Biometrics Sep 20

NSF to submit TB result Sep 23 to which I responded to same day

Paid call on 27th Decision made

Sept 29 collection email

Sept 30 picked passport

Excuse the none exclusivity, a visa agent was the one that managed my portal so didn't have access to the timeline of each step

Thought to share mine too, I always find it interesting reading others timeline

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Temi646(f): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2022
Visa alert

Biometrics sept 12 (dependant) for 3 standard
Collection mail sept 29
Picked passport sept 30

All glory to Almighty God
Vignette sitting down pretty

12 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ruth1212: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2022
Ruth1212:
Good morning everyone
Please I got a conditional offer in RGU and BCUIC but Rgu is more affordable ..my husband and child are my dependants. I want to know how the cost of living is in Scotland as well as employment opportunities and house rent
Pls I await your response
Thank you.

Please guys, I need a response as regards this ..someone should assist pls ..thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ninkuze: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2022
House, as a dependant we've collected our passport with the vignette stamped but no brp letter neither is there brp mail. What do I do to get a brp number? Though the main applicant got his own through mail.

Secondly, about flights. Pls where can I get the cheapest flights?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ninkuze: 10:48am On Sep 30, 2022
[How much is Turkish airlines flight if I want to book in two weeks times?

quote author=Elektra008 post=117122278]Good day people. Please how do I pay for Turkish airline flight? It is not accepting my naira debit card. [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yoged(m): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2022
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

Hello Bro,

Do you have an idea of the Interval between unconditional offer and CAS?

How long does it take for MMU to issue CAS after granting an unconditional offer?
It depends. Some got their cas after fulfilling their conditional offer. While some had to wait more than a month .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattmich(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2022
Hello, the information is wrong.
Admission for January intakes are almost over. Some courses are closed. So keep searching for courses
kaja:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by emirtea(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2022
Hello house,
My collection mail came since Tuesday and till now I am yet to get any phone call or text from DHL. What can I do at this point?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Palolisthajoly: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2022
Please guys, can being asthmatic affect TB result?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 11:40am On Sep 30, 2022
No payment after the visa/IHS service has been paid for. The only exemption is if you want any tls premium services, then you have to pay for it.
nkhared:
Good morning guys.

Please are there payments involved in the biometrics process after the VISA application has been paid for and how much?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Rosysea2088(f): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
Those of you that was recently debited through form A, what was the exchange rate the bank used?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Trendytessy(f): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
duke2000:
The main issue is availability of FX. Call and ask for the queue length

They also can’t say which is why I was looking for people who have used either to tell their experience. Thanks for responding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by isaco(m): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
[quote author=Chiderahauxin post=117136951][/quote]

I copied this from bournemouth university website

paying in instalments, 50% of the fee (after any deposits or discounts have been applied) must be paid on or before enrolment. The final instalment (50%) will be claimed from the relevant card account approximately three calendar months from the due date of the first instalment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by koonleh: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2022
isaco:

I copied this from bournemouth university website

paying in instalments, 50% of the fee (after any deposits or discounts have been applied) must be paid on or before enrolment. The final instalment (50%) will be claimed from the relevant card account approximately three calendar months from the due date of the first instalment.

Thank u so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nkhared: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
Okay. Thank you so much
lightofjoy:
No payment after the visa/IHS service has been paid for. The only exemption is if you want any tls premium services, then you have to pay for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.