Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996098 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AstroG: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
Freeman642:

They will later ask your for the certificate when you are requesting for CAS but you can use SOR to get an offer from them. You are good with both SOR and transcript also

Can they give me CAS with Statement of result?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rvpbae: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
Bussyteey:
Good morning everyone
I am in a dilemma and I need your help guys…My Precas interview with Wolverhampton is on Wednesday and my agent asked me not to declare my dependent. He told me to maintain my single title since I used “Miss” during my application…. I am confused because my court wedding is in two weeks time and I plan on coming to the Uk with my partner….Won’t it affect us when it is time to process our visa ?

Please state it. They won’t deny you CAS cos of that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sunexy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

You should be concerned about your 10years study gap, as long as you meet the stipulated minimum 28days POF that should be fine. You can use either account

For your study gap, can you provide an evidence for the contract job and a recommendation from the tailor in addition to the certificate?

The recommendation from the tailor should include the dates you worked/interned/studied with them

Cheers

Please is recommendation letter same as reference letter??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamesy212(m): 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2022
I applied with an expired passport and was given a conditional offer. A valid passport was part of the condition and I submitted it once I got it.

While filling the application, I submitted a copy of an expired passport, a copy of my Appointment for international passport and a letter of explanation as a single PDF where passport was requested.

mrsglo:
Are there schools I can apply for their January 2023 intake postgraduate programmes without including a valid international passport?
I went for my international passport renewal and my date for biometrics capture is late November. Hopefully it will be ready before first or second week of December.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Rosoma: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
Thank you for your response.

I never knew that. Someone I know has transcript and statement of result, has been trying to collect certificate and they are saying 100k
Freeman642:

Yes ,you are good with SOR and transcript for both admission and CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rvpbae: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hairybelly01:
I greet you all.

Please I have a quick question just to be sure on my next moves.

If I declare in my CAS statement that I'm single as at the time of application and I later get married 2 months after, does that mean I can't bring my dependent in because I declared I'm single in my CAS application?

I would appreciate an urgent reply please.

Marital status isn’t stated on CAS, atleast it isn’t stated on mine. So that’s not a problem.

But I think you should state in your visa application that you have a partner. Not sure.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rvpbae: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2022
hoppa:
Quick one pls,

I have booked my appointment for Biometric at TLS Ikeja for a student visa 12/10 but my dependent is yet to book her date.

Can she do a Flexi appointment with me?

Can she submit with me as a family member?

Are we both going to pay 40k?

Will appreciate any swift feedback on these pls.

She can walk in with you but will pay 42k.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Rosoma: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2022
A friend started going for renewal since July, till now no passport after all the payment. But it's in lagos, so you might be lucky especially if you are doing it outside Lagos.

mrsglo:
Are there schools I can apply for their January 2023 intake postgraduate programmes without including a valid international passport?
I went for my international passport renewal and my date for biometrics capture is late November. Hopefully it will be ready before first or second week of December.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Temix(m): 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hello All,

In a situation where Waec and BSC original certificates can't be found (seems to be missing) but you have scanned copies and photocopies, does this pose a problem at any stage?
What can be done in such a scenario?
Unconditional Offer already received from school.

@dduchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by omonla10(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
Which UK schools are still open for admissions foe MBA masters January 2023 intake.. Trying not to put all my eggs in one basket
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
Sunexy:

Please is recommendation letter same as reference letter??

Recommendation and reference letter is technically not same .... recommendation letter is a statement confirming your potentials and competency......Reference is more of a statement confirming your character as a person
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by simongonner: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2022
Good day guys .. please I need your inputs on the image attached below.. a friend visa was refused . She met the UKVI test cut off mark.. please what can she do about this ?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Freeman642: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2022
AstroG:

Can they give me CAS with Statement of result?

No they won’t ,you either support it with Transcript or CERTIFICATE
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Freeman642: 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2022
Rosoma:
Thank you for your response.

I never knew that. Someone I know has transcript and statement of result, has been trying to collect certificate and they are saying 100k

He/she is good with that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sunexy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
IFSHR:

Recommendation and reference letter is technically not same .... recommendation letter is a statement confirming your potentials and competency......Reference is more of a statement confirming your character as a person

What if this reference letter confirms your potentials and competency on the job? BTW, is the recommendation letter to the school one is applying for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by YinkBim: 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
Gloriyah:

Academic reference should do.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mrsglo: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
jamesy212:
I applied with an expired passport and was given a conditional offer. A valid passport was part of the condition and I submitted it once I got it.

While filling the application, I submitted a copy of an expired passport, a copy of my Appointment for international passport and a letter of explanation as a single PDF where passport was requested.

Thanks. Which of the Universities gave you conditional offer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mrbillz(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Awardd:
. Appreciate sir..
Teeside is closed for January intake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by DMainMan: 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2022
Sunexy:

What if this reference letter confirms your potentials and competency on the job? BTW, is the recommendation letter to the school one is applying for?

No hassle bro, because most time it is used interchangeably...I was just stating the technical difference as an HR person.

Recommendation letter can be to "whom it may concern" so that you can use it for different purpose in this regard....but if u are pushing just one school admission, you can address it to them......either ways you are good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2022
DMainMan:
NUMBER OF UK INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DEPENDANTS TO BE CAPPED

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/10/09/number-dependents-foreign-students-can-bring-uk-could-capped/

I bet you didn't read the news before posting......na wa for Una

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mrbillz(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
infosoftlife:
1) Coventry University
2) Anglia Ruskin University
3) The University for the Creative Arts
4) University of Northampton
5) University of Roehampton
6) Bangor University
7) Middlesex University
cool Teesside University
These schools are still collecting applications for the January intake.

Those with HND (Upper Credit) and BSc (third class) can get admitted to a Master's program.
middlesex and Teeside are both unavailable for January intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by infosoftlife: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2022
mrbillz:
middlesex and Teeside are both unavailable for January intake

Sorry, my bad!
Teeside is collecting applications from agents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Horlamidei(m): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2022
I was debited twice upon paying my IHS fee. Upon payment, it says transaction declined only for me to be debited twice and received the below email. No IHS reference number was sent to me.

Please what can I do

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
Aggirl55:

If I apply for administrative review and show them that I need to start school,will it be compelling enough for me to be granted a visa..
Thank you all ,please I need advice urgently
If you want to go with the angle that you need to start school then you would be applying for student visa and not dependent visa under your father.
So these are not same scenarios in my humble opinion
You were denied a child dependent visa because your mom didn’t apply and your dad is not with sole custody.
There is a lady I believe here that said she wont be going with her husband and would go with her kids, she did post a visa alert. Maybe find her and let your parents reach out to her dm to find out what extenuating circumstances she listed that ukvi let her go

@duchess90 @dduchess90 are you able to remember that lady’s handle?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamesy212(m): 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
mrsglo:

Thanks. Which of the Universities gave you conditional offer?
Staffordshire University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jamesy212(m): 6:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
Article says "could be" not "to be". That's misinformation and misinterpretation
DMainMan:
NUMBER OF UK INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DEPENDANTS TO BE CAPPED

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/10/09/number-dependents-foreign-students-can-bring-uk-could-capped/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HenryG(m): 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
I feel to express my anxiety here.
I have applied for Pre-registration courses for about 6 weeks now to different schools. I am yet to receive any decision from not even one of them. Seeing people here have started paying for deposit, booking for TB, applying for CAS and start counting their POF is making feel hope I am not loosing out on time. I only have offer for MPH at hand which I don't intend to go for.
Please, is there still hope that the following schools will still give admission for January;
Coventry
Teesside
GCU
Leedsbeckett
AECC

Thanks for your reality response
dduchess90
giselle237
Gloriyah
Others

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
HenryG:
I feel to express my anxiety here.
I have applied for Pre-registration courses for about 6 weeks now to different schools. I am yet to receive any decision from not even one of them. Seeing people here have started paying for deposit, booking for TB, applying for CAS and start counting their POF is making feel hope I am not loosing out on time. I only have offer for MPH at hand which I don't intend to go for.
Please, is there still hope that the following schools will still give admission for January;
Coventry
Teesside
GCU
Leedsbeckett
AECC

Thanks for your reality response
dduchess90
giselle
Gloriyah
Others

There's a lot of competition this year. Why not go with the one you have in hand?
If Nursing healthcare is your passion, at least get into the UK first. You can go ahead to do nursing a health program after completing the MPH degree.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by boluslim: 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2022
Good evening everyone,I've been a silent member on this thread. UK seem to be the surest plug now and I'd like to take advantage. I need guidance on how to secure admission, I have all my documents ready, transcripts, certificates and international passport. Do you I need to secure a supervisor before applying for admission in UK schools?
Also I'm planning to travel and travel with my partner, please I need help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by spiceeamiee(f): 7:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Good evening everyone. Please can someone help me post the link one can use to request for BRP slip? Passports were returned without BRP slips for dependents and it did not come in the email either. Tickets have been booked for Sunday so this needs to be sorted urgently. Please help @duchess90

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.