Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1002156 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2022
boluslim:
Good evening everyone,I've been a silent member on this thread. UK seem to be the surest plug now and I'd like to take advantage. I need guidance on how to secure admission, I have all my documents ready, transcripts, certificates and international passport. Do you I need to secure a supervisor before applying for admission in UK schools?
Also I'm planning to travel and travel with my partner, please I need help

If you are applying for a taught MSc....you don't need to source for a supervisor before applying, but if you will be applying for a research themed Masters you will need to reach a supervisor for your application to be easily considered.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Prime1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
Vullia:

Yea still dealing with them ,got a conditional offer from them last week ,waiting for my transcript to be uploaded.

Okay.
I have done that including the sop.
My issue is that I don't what next. Please enlighten me
I heard they going ask for proof of funds.
I would appreciate if you can enlighten me because I have a feeling i will miss this cos my POF is not ready.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
Horlamidei:
I was debited twice upon paying my IHS fee. Upon payment, it says transaction declined only for me to be debited twice and received the below email. No IHS reference number was sent to me.

Please what can I do

Did you pay through your Nigerian ATM card? I heard visa and IHS fee can’t be paid through any other means aside getting your dollar hard currency. Don’t know how true
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gendebs(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
I applied with my statement of result and got admission on the 3rd day but you have to present your Cerificate before CAS can be issued

AstroG:
Please,Can I use Statement of Result in place of Degree certificate wen applying for University of Sunderland?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aggirl55: 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
Thank you sir for responding ,i will try to find her
giselle237:
If you want to go with the angle that you need to start school then you would be applying for student visa and not dependent visa under your father.
So these are not same scenarios in my humble opinion
You were denied a child dependent visa because your mom didn’t apply and your dad is not with sole custody.
There is a lady I believe here that said she wont be going with her husband and would go with her kids, she did post a visa alert. Maybe find her and let your parents reach out to her dm to find out what extenuating circumstances she listed that ukvi let her go

@duchess90 @dduchess90 are you able to remember that lady’s handle?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Haloseal: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
Can we use NABTEB as WAEC in school application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HenryG(m): 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2022
Promoter2:

There's a lot of competition this year. Why not go with the one you have in hand?
If Nursing healthcare is your passion, at least get into the UK first. You can go ahead to do nursing a health program after completing the MPH degree.

I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
I just submitted my application through UCAS. Please, is there any other thing I need to do? Do I need to contact the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LionInZion: 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Goodbetterbest:
Recently filled my CAS questionaire. Awaiting their response. So far their response has been timely.

That sounds great. I'm about to pay my tuition deposit. Please, like how long did the CAS questionnaire come after deposit payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Goodbetterbest: 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2022
On the applicant portal you'll see your tasks and next steps. Have you gotten your PRID number before you make your deposit? If not your deposit will hang. Go to your applicant portal and keep following the steps. Scroll all the way down.

They stated for January intake CAS process and issuance will be October. Exactly October 1st I got my questionaire.

LionInZion:

That sounds great. I'm about to pay my tuition deposit. Please, like how long did the CAS questionnaire come after deposit payment?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Promoter2: 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2022
slimmy2005:
I just submitted my application through UCAS. Please, is there any other thing I need to do? Do I need to contact the school?

grin Slimmy you're kidding, baba how US na. E never reach 20 years wey you dey US grin grin grin

No, the person doesn't need to contact the school. When the offer is available or there's a need for additional info, they will get an email notification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by AstroG: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
Freeman642:

No they won’t ,you either support it with Transcript or CERTIFICATE

So if I support my Statement of result with my Transcript,I can get CAS??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
Is it possible I get my TB test certificate same day i did the test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LionInZion: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
Goodbetterbest:
On the applicant portal you'll see your tasks and next steps. Have you gotten your PRID number before you make your deposit? If not your deposit will hang. Go to your applicant portal and keep following the steps. Scroll all the way down.

They stated for January intake CAS process and issuance will be October. Exactly October 1st I got my questionaire.

Thanks

Yes, I've my PRID already and have been checking the progress on the dashboard.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yoged(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
Haloseal:
Can we use NABTEB as WAEC in school application?
No .NABTEB isn't accepted. Its either NECO or WAEC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vavi: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2022
Send to brpletterrequests@fcdo.gov.uk

Include your GFW number, passport name, number, biometric date and center. You should get this after a few days.

spiceeamiee:
Good evening everyone. Please can someone help me post the link one can use to request for BRP slip? Passports were returned without BRP slips for dependents and it did not come in the email either. Tickets have been booked for Sunday so this needs to be sorted urgently. Please help @duchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Khalid72(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2022
Any oxbridge applicant in the house university of cambridge UCAS Application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shyvicky: 10:14pm On Oct 10, 2022
Jona48:
Is it possible I get my TB test certificate same day i did the test?
iom ikeja now gives certificate within 3 hours of the test, unless there is futher examination to take if not, u r sure to get it same day.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by odehbrainard: 10:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
Iriabay:

Please how did they accept a second questionnaire? Did you call them or what?
My cousin failed his and they are no responding to him again...pls help ...and congrats boss

Good evening all. So I printed my statement today for proof of funds, cause I was very confident as I had followed due process, my 28days matured yesterday. I submitted the POF but unknown to me, fidelity bank were having a bug and my statement was supposed to read September 12th to October 10th which is today, but I didn’t notice fidelity put todays date as october 14th which renders my statement useless. I got this email from the university of sunderland immigration compliance team and I am confused as at what to do cause my CAS would have definitely been issued today but for this mistake from fidelity. Please someone should advise and help out cause I don’t know how to respond.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
odehbrainard:

Good evening all. So I printed my statement today for proof of funds, cause I was very confident as I had followed due process, my 28days matured yesterday. I submitted the POF but unknown to me, fidelity bank were having a bug and my statement was supposed to read September 12th to October 10th which is today, but I didn’t notice fidelity put todays date as october 14th which renders my statement useless. I got this email from the university of sunderland immigration compliance team and I am confused as at what to do cause my CAS would have definitely been issued today but for this mistake from fidelity. Please someone should advise and help out cause I don’t know how to respond.

They can’t assess the one you sent,so print another that’s up to date and send.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jona48(m): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
shyvicky:
iom ikeja now gives certificate within 3 hours of the test, unless there is futher examination to take if not, u r sure to get it same day.

I believe same thing is applicable to IOM Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by odehbrainard: 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
Gloriyah:

They can’t assess the one you sent,so print another that’s up to date and send.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2022
Horlamidei:
I was debited twice upon paying my IHS fee. Upon payment, it says transaction declined only for me to be debited twice and received the below email. No IHS reference number was sent to me.

Please what can I do

Check your emails including spam. You’re supposed to get another mail from IHS that’s includes your ihs reference.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2022
naxclimpsey:

Did you pay through your Nigerian ATM card? I heard visa and IHS fee can’t be paid through any other means aside getting your dollar hard currency. Don’t know how true

Providus bank has a type of naira card that works but you’re getting debited a bit higher than black market rate, so get a dollar card.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by spiceeamiee(f): 12:09am On Oct 11, 2022
Thank you!

Vavi:
Send to brpletterrequests@fcdo.gov.uk

Include your GFW number, passport name, number, biometric date and center. You should get this after a few days.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Phenmeson(m): 12:32am On Oct 11, 2022
Good evening. This is just an advice for people coming in newly.
For those coming with Ghana must go bag or sack bag with foodstuff especially fish, crayfish etc, I beg una mak una package am wella because coach drivers are rejecting passengers boarding with it ooo. I witnessed wer a Driver said they are only insured to cari passengers and not transport food items.
Lastly for those coming with bags without wheels, kindly arrange help from friends/family member because getting London underground or train with it no easy oooo.

Stay Bless....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CHIMABLADE: 12:44am On Oct 11, 2022
PLS DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH COS I HAVE AN OFFER FROM THEM AND I HOPE TO PROCEED WITH THEM AS OTHER SCHOOLS LIKE UNI OF WOVERHAMPTON, GCU, COVENTRY AND SHEFFIELD HALLAM ARE TAKING FOR EVER PLUS THERE IS NO TIME...
ANY INFO ESPECIALLY ON THEIR CAS SYSTEM (I WANT KNOW IF THE DO PRECAS INTERVIEW AND ALSO IF THE USE POF FOR CAS)
PLS HELP A BROTHER..
THANKS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 2:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Gloriyah:

Providus bank has a type of naira card that works but you’re getting debited a bit higher than black market rate, so get a dollar card.

Do providus bank issue dollar card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:40am On Oct 11, 2022
Hello @giselle237

I agree with you, the reason highlighted is not compelling enough

@cutebear is the handle,can you post the documents you submitted as compelling reasons?

Cheers

giselle237:
If you want to go with the angle that you need to start school then you would be applying for student visa and not dependent visa under your father.
So these are not same scenarios in my humble opinion
You were denied a child dependent visa because your mom didn’t apply and your dad is not with sole custody.
There is a lady I believe here that said she wont be going with her husband and would go with her kids, she did post a visa alert. Maybe find her and let your parents reach out to her dm to find out what extenuating circumstances she listed that ukvi let her go

@duchess90 @dduchess90 are you able to remember that lady’s handle?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Hello

The first step is to get another COs and then prepare relevant documents to score points

Did she write her IELTS? I am sure that is valid for about 2years or so

With the refusal there's nothing she can do

Cheers

simongonner:
Good day guys .. please I need your inputs on the image attached below.. a friend visa was refused . She met the UKVI test cut off mark.. please what can she do about this ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:48am On Oct 11, 2022
Hello

You have to declared them missing with a police report

Print out your colored copy and certify them as true copy(CTC) or request for the copy in your Uni and WAEC and do same

Your police report and CTC should suffice

Cheers
Temix:
Hello all,

In a situation where you can seem to find your original Waec and BSC certificates but have scanned copies, what can be done
Is it an absolute must
Offer has been given already

@dduchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:53am On Oct 11, 2022
Hello

You will get a refund automatically although that could take up to 6weeks

Here's a link to chase and contact UKVI if you haven't gotten it
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds

Cheers
Horlamidei:

Please what can I do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.