Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000126 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omooooooo: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2022
Jonwizzy:

Also pls see my dependant dashboard and pls assist, she got 25 Aug when we booked... Now I can't see date...

Maybe you did not checkout
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2022
Please I had submitted an application to glasgow caledonian university yesterday but the course duration is 16 months. I hope this would be considered as 1 year when it is time to pay for IHS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Amarachyy(f): 7:28am On Aug 14, 2022
Good morning all

Please can i do walk in for my biometric in abj?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sheggy13(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2022
victorVIC1:
Please I had submitted an application to glasgow caledonian university yesterday but the course duration is 16 months. I hope this would be considered as 1 year when it is time to pay for IHS?
No way. You will have to pay IHS for 2 years sadly, that's £940 as your visa duration should be 4 months added to 16 months for course duration (20 months). IHS is calculated per 12 months and any extra less than 6 months you pay half(£235) but if the extra is 6 months or more like in your case, you pay for a full year.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MizTyna(f): 7:36am On Aug 14, 2022
Vullia:
Hello house .

Please I applied to university of sunderland with my HND,I got a response that I can only do a top up course for one year before I start my masters degree .now the question is if I accept this offer can my family go with me ?
Pls help help !

There are lots of schools who will give you Master’s degree admission without top up especially if you have relevant work experience. You can find some of them on nairaland

And no, you can't go with your family for a top up degree
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ocpaschal: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2022
After graduating from a Masters program in a UK university, Is it possible to still travel back to Nigeria and return to UK with a Post-Study Work Permit?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2022
Sheggy13:

No way. You will have to pay IHS for 2 years sadly, that's £940 as your visa duration should be 4 months added to 16 months for course duration (20 months). IHS is calculated per 12 months and any extra less than 6 months you pay half(£235) but if the extra is 6 months or more like in your case, you pay for a full year.

Ok. Thanks for the clear feedback
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Phebeana: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Good morning.

Please i haven't received my daughter visa since 1st of August which decision was made please how can i escalate so her visa can be sent?

Please!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:18am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello

Yes you can

Cheers
ocpaschal:
After graduating from a Masters program in a UK university, Is it possible to still travel back to Nigeria and return to UK with a Post-Study Work Permit?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dygeasy(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ignis: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2022
Please how long does it take to get a response after sending Paid Mail ?

I am contemplating doing either a paid Mail or paid call tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tobatele(m): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2022
Try Swansea University with your HND though the school is expensive.

quote author=MizTyna post=115682991]

There are lots of schools who will give you Master’s degree admission without top up especially if you have relevant work experience. You can find some of them on nairaland

And no, you can't go with your family for a top up degree [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babey543: 8:55am On Aug 14, 2022
Vullia:
Hello house .

Please I applied to university of sunderland with my HND,I got a response that I can only do a top up course for one year before I start my masters degree .now the question is if I accept this offer can my family go with me ?
Pls help help !

Try Sheffield Hallam University, Ulster University Birmingham, Roehampton University, University of Hull.

You must have valuable work experience. You can only bring your family for Masters and PhD programme.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tobatele(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2022
Good morning to you all. Please, I need help on how to upload the documents for biometrics.
1. Will everything be scanned together or one by one?
2. Will the scanning be in colour or black and white?
3. Is it a must that I must wait for a day to my biometrics date before I upload or I can do it now?

I will appreciate your timely response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kino47: 9:05am On Aug 14, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Agents and mistakes

It shouldn't be

Cheers
@duchess90
I hope it won’t because I can’t sleep, depression has set in, to eat is a problem, my tongue is already bitter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Iqmotb: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2022
Pls explain the incognito mode. Thanks

Kennyg428:

I submitted my application on the 8th of August for ABJ TLS. I was fortunate to get 16th of August. Although I had to follow the hints I got here about using incognito mode to sign in at midnight. I firstly got 23rd, I amended to 18th & then finally amended to 16th. I did all in the same night.

Thanks to Duchess, Justwise & co for the good work being done.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davudu: 9:10am On Aug 14, 2022
Boss, how about if I try the assisted route (my existing appt date is self-assisted) for closer dates, will i need to make payment before seeing available dates? I'm scared that could be the case pls clarify. Thank you as usual.
Omooooooo:

You can play around with the amendment without losing the initial date

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aieboocaar(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2022
tobatele:
Good morning to you all. Please, I need help on how to upload the documents for biometrics.
3. Is it a must that I must wait for a day to my biometrics date before I upload or I can do it now?

1. Please scan your documents individually and label them appropriately for easier identification.
2. Why settle for less when you can have the absolute best? Please scan in colours, it is not forbidden.
3. If you opt for self-service you can upload and submit anytime before your biometric, the documents are stored on their system. If it's assisted service, then carry all your property to TLS on the day of biometric and they will do the scanning themselves.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aieboocaar(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2022
ignis:
Please how long does it take to get a response after sending Paid Mail ?

I am contemplating doing either a paid Mail or paid call tomorrow.

From what I have gathered so far from following this thread, a response is expected within 48hours.

I may be wrong tho

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Aieboocaar(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2022
TANTUMERGO007:

At most abeg Monday cause Friday too far

From your mouth to God's ears comrade. cool

You go testify soon.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kultony: 9:26am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello,

Who has received CAS from University of Lincoln?

If any, what was your waiting time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Phebeana: 9:26am On Aug 14, 2022
Phebeana:
Good morning.

Please i haven't received my daughter visa since 1st of August which decision was made please how can i escalate so her visa can be sent?

Please!!!

?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Phebeana: 9:27am On Aug 14, 2022
Phebeana:

?
@duchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ose333(f): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2022
kino47:

@duchess90
I hope it won’t because I can’t sleep, depression has set in, to eat is a problem, my tongue is already bitter

Hello, please eat and get some rest. It will end in praise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jonwizzy(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Good morning everyone,

1.Please I paid for priority service with courier delivery,
I tried amending appointment but still could not get a good date..
2. Hope my priority payment is still valid?
3. Can I just do a walk in with my dependant {vi tls}...

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kino47: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Ose333:

Hello, please eat and get some rest. It will end in praise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vullia: 9:52am On Aug 14, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

No you can't

Cheers

Thanks so much.but what school accept HND for direct masters .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vullia: 9:58am On Aug 14, 2022
babey543:

Try Sheffield Hallam University, Ulster University Birmingham, Roehampton University, University of Hull.

You must have valuable work experience. You can only bring your family for Masters and PhD programme.

Thanks so much ,applied to Roehamton since May no response till date ,I applied to ulster yesterday ,will try sheffield hallam and University of hall today .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vullia: 10:07am On Aug 14, 2022
MizTyna:

And no, you can't go with your family for a top up degree

Thanks for the update.God bless you .
Asper the work experience, I have worked with two different companies since I finished my service ,campany A from 2014-2019. Company B from 2019 till date .hope they are relevant work experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihcarg: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Vullia:

Thanks so much ,applied to Roehamton since May no response till date ,I applied to ulster yesterday ,will try sheffield hallam and University of hall today .
Try university of southwales
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LH44: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Hi

1. Will everything be scanned together or one by one? : Scan individually, except for documents with more than one page. Each document has a section to be stored under (eg. financial evidence, employment etc)

2. Will the scanning be in colour or black and white? : I think colour is better so everything comes out clear, including documents with photos

3. Is it a must that I must wait for a day to my biometrics date before I upload or I can do it now? : You don't have to wait if it's self-service, as long as you are sure you have all the documents you need to scan ready, go ahead. But note that once you click the submit button, you can't add anymore documents, except at the application centre (but comes with a charge). All the best!

tobatele:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Imnaknus: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2022
Good day, fam.
Please, I'm a January intake with a 15-month programme duration. Is my maintenance fee calculated for the entire 15months (I.e. 1,023 × 15) or for just 9months (1,023 x 9) as with 1year programmes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.