Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000183 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gift7428: 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
Uncle you are just telling me of something new that I never mentioned.
But you still didn’t help with my question

Davidandgo:

Your assumption about the non refundable deposit is a bit flawed.

When booking on sites like Agoda and Booking.com, you should filter based on ‘Free Cancellation’ that way you are guaranteed your card will not be debited until a future date that would be shown to you on their site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Masterito(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
Do hey accept waec for competency in English? Is Ielts a must?
mucilago:

yes i have receive CAS from them and it was very fast and easy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mayowa94: 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
mucilago:

please how long does it take to get offer after submitting your application? Also how long does it take to get cas after debiting you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello

You don't get a notification when a decision is made you get a notification to collect your passport

Everyone that confirmed a decision had been made contacted UKVI call center reps via paid mail or calls

Bear in mind that they can't tell you the outcome of the decision they have limited access to information and can only tell when a decision has been made.

Usually a ticked box they can see when that happens

Cheers

Kalakris:
Does ukvi send a notification to applicants when decision has been made? Or must you send a paid mail/call for you to know?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello

It is not mandatory to submit an evidence of booked accommodation for study visa that is what your maintenance funds show and tell them

Submitting an Airbnb booking was not necessary and cancelling it will have no effect on your visa application

If you don't cancel you will get the funds debited from whatever debit card you put in

Proceed to cancel this please

Cheers
Gift7428:
Hello Duchess trust you are good.

Any implication of not submitting visa with a booked accommodation like hotel or Airbnb
Some of them won’t refund the full money after cancellations if you decide to have other plans.
I don’t even have any idea of when I will travel.
I have already uploaded and submitted.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello

Have a look at the IHS link on the first page to get an updated information

At the moment a 12month course will usually have an extra 4months visa so technically it is 16months

The total sum is £705

But please reconfirm via the link as I mentioned

Cheers

Intrepidone:
Hello house

Please what is the exact fee for IHS and Visa fee for a 12 months course September 22/23 sessions
I am asking because of the various amounts I see everywhere.
Your response will be appreciated please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ideraone2005: 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good day all, I want to clarify something about financial evidence.
If the m.a applied for visa on the 4th August and provided pof from 8th July to 7th August and will be going for biometrics 17th of august. Uploads were submitted on 8th August
If the dependant applied for visa on the 4th of August and provided pof from 13th July to 12th August and will also be going fir biometrics 17th of august. Uploads were submitted on the 13th of august.
Are these conditions valid?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gift7428: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
Thanks alot

duchess90:
Hello

It is not mandatory to submit an evidence of booked accommodation for study visa that is what your maintenance funds show and tell them

Submitting an Airbnb booking was not necessary and cancelling it will have no effect on your visa application

If you don't cancel you will get the funds debited from whatever debit card you put in

Proceed to cancel this please

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EXICON(m): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
chisun89:
Thank you so much but looks like they've not started application for January intake

They have.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Resilient97: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
It is open for application. A friend applied January intake in July and got the offer within two weeks
Vullia:
Swansea are yet to open their portal for january intake 2023 .above is what I got after applying to the school for September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olaoye15(m): 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Maintenance will be for 9months

Cheers

Hey Duchess. What of someone going for a two year course?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by farnet: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hey, this your bio on the 15th will not work o unless you have paid 956 pounds or willing to pay it for super priority. Your valid date there is 25th.

payne4real:
Please, I need clarification !
We are a family of 4
MA bio Date is 25th August 11:00
Dependant 1 bio date 15th August 9:15
Dependant 2 bio Date 1st September
Dependant 3 bio Date no date yet

Now that the super priority and priority visa is out.

Can I pay priority visa for MA
And we all walk in ?
Or are we all going to pay priority and we all walk in?
Can Dependant with 9:15 buy priority and MA and the kids walk in?

Or what will you advice we do. I what our bio done next week unfailingly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by emandman: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

You don't get a notification when a decision is made you get a notification to collect your passport

Everyone that confirmed a decision had been made contacted UKVI call center reps via paid mail or calls

Bear in mind that they can't tell you the outcome of the decision they have limited access to information and can only tell when a decision has been made.

Cheers

@duchess90 there is something I don't understand here I thought the tracking will show when decision is made ,does it mean we really need to bank on the tracking?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kcbellz: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
I had my bio at tls abuja on 15th July...as at last week Friday when I called its still awaiting decision.

Should I be worried?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
Use your school address if you've not fully firmed up on an accommodation. Its valid that you shouldn't book your flight or accommodation before getting a visa.

Gift7428:
Hello Duchess trust you are good.

Any implication of not submitting visa with a booked accommodation like hotel or Airbnb
Some of them won’t refund the full money after cancellations if you decide to have other plans.
I don’t even have any idea of when I will travel.
I have already uploaded and submitted.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ukahh: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
I am facing the same thing.. Had my bio on 18th July at Abuja TLS too... I called on Friday still awaiting decision... Of course I am worried as it has passed the standard waiting time.. Pls check your spam for any NSF mail .. Call your POF bank headquarters as well let them check if there's any query from UKVI for them to confirm your SOA.

Cheers!!!

Kcbellz:
I had my bio at tls abuja on 15th July...as at last week Friday when I called its still awaiting decision.

Should I be worried?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mucilago: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Masterito:
Do hey accept waec for competency in English? Is Ielts a must?

yes of course they accept waec and with letter of english proficiency from your school.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mucilago: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
mayowa94:
please how long does it take to get offer after submitting your application? Also how long does it take to get cas after debiting you?

immediately i got debited you will need to check your application portal and fill pre cas online draft form and after some day the draft CAS form will be process and ready for you to confirm before your real CAS been issued
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
merlif24:
Visa Alert!!!

Long Post Warning!!!!!

There is nothing God cannot do. Glory to His name!

Summary:
Family of 3. Abuja TLS

MA Applicant
a. School Application 15th Feb
b. Unconditional Offer 15th Mar
c. Pre-CAS interview 14th Jun
d. CAS Alert 15th June
e. Visa application 8th Jul
f. Biometric 19th Jul
g. Decision Made 7th Aug
h. Movement to VAC 9th Aug
i. Collection Mail for MA 9th Aug

Dependents (2)
a. Visa application 8th Jul
b. Biometric 19th Jul
c. Decision made for dependents 10th Aug
d. Movement to VAC 12th Aug
e. Collection mail 12th Aug

Tension-filled waiting period. 2 weeks after submitting biometrics MA received NSF mail to provide TB test certificate. The said certificate was the 1st document uploaded during the application (a bit concerned when it came). The immediate reply was done and an escalation mail was done 5th of August. The rest as they say is history.

Documents submitted:
a. TBT Test certificate
b. Passport Bio page
c. CV + Employment/promotion letters & reference letters (to show 14-year study gap)
d. Studies evidence
e. Marriage cert + family photos + family change of name affidavit
f. POF statement + LOE (to show the reason for 1 lump sum payment received and disbursed for an unrelated payment)

I have been a silent reader but I can say categorically that this thread and all the participants were the reason we did it ourselves against using paid agents. The confidence espoused was motivating, hence our decision to go alone, even after agreeing with an agent.
Immeasurable thanks to @justwise, @Duchess90 and so many others that made it look possible and kept the stress levels down with words of encouragement. The Lord replenish your effort.

See you there!!

Hello, please I mailed you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kalakris: 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Cheers

Okay. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Imnaknus: 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Maintenance will be for 9months

Cheers
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Davudu: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
I got Aug 30 but I would love any date between now and 20th, considering school starts Sept 19. From recent here it seems Ikeja is the slowest centre in terms of decisions and delivery. Really wish it was possible to see available dates before payment on assisted service. Any hopes of walk in at Ikeja?
Omooooooo:

For the assisted you will need to make payment of 11700, but I doubt if assisted has more dates than the self service.

What date did you get and what date are you actually hoping for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mannymanny: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
bastardson:
I filled their form yesterday, their policies, process and all are so crazy and stringent.. Choi.

But I am sure once you can get their CAS, the Visa processing will be faster and straightforward
Yeah… their process and policies are stringent so the applicants can have a smooth visa processing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kultony: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
mucilago:

How many weeks did you wait?

I have requested for CAS since July 21st. Still not received.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Thastie(f): 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kindly please assist me. My employer has been trying to book an appointment for me at the visa centre in Lagos. But she keeps getting the super priority option.....which expensive. We are thinking of trying the VI visa centre......please is there other options aside super priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello
On the tracker it shows when your application has been received by the decision making centre (DMC) and when it's back to VAC(TLS) not when a decision is made(unless it is different now)

I would say rely on the combination of the feedback from UKVI contact centre (to confirm decision), the tracker and collection email(that your passport is ready) Sometimes the tracker isn't updated in time, or its ahead

Cheers
emandman:

@duchess90 there is something I don't understand here I thought the tracking will show when decision is made ,does it mean we really need to bank on the tracking?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fikayomi2(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello house happy Sunday.
How sure is UK student visa?
And also do I need to pay for the ihs and visa fee together?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Keemy88(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
Please read and digest Page 1

Fikayomi2:
Hello house happy Sunday.
How sure is UK student visa?
And also do I need to pay for the ihs and visa fee together?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by micol10(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jonwizzy:

I plan to do walkin tomorrow at vi..

Okay how much is the walk in please? And how is the payment method?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.