Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1000104 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SirKingpin: 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
Good afternoon house. Please I have a question, i was denied uk tourist visa January 2022. Will it affect my study visa application in 2023?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello house,

Please a little clarification on POF.

If you are doing POF of say N2m, and the start date is January 1st to January 28th, does it mean that the opening amount must necessarily be N2m? Could one start with say N500k, then a week after up it to N1.2m then N1.8, then N2m , then N2.1 then back to N2m. All these within that duration to create transaction activity.

Or, it just start with N2m and close with same amount, then maybe small transactions in between.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello

Your question is unclear

1. The amount required for your maintenance while studying is clear, the evidence needs to be in your account for minimum 28days and you should have access to the funds in the UK. It doesn't matter if that is the opening balance,however it should be your closing balance

2. In terms of transactions,please continue with your bank activities as normal while ensuring it doesn't affect your maintenance funds

3. Keep an eye on the exchange rate on Oanda

Cheers
Mcleo007:
Hello house,

Please a little clarification on POF.

If you are doing POF of say N2m, and the start date is January 1st to January 28th, does it mean that the opening amount must necessarily be N2m? Could one start with say N500k, then a week after up it to N1.2m then N1.8, then N2m , then N2.1 then back to N2m. All these within that duration to create transaction activity.

Or, it just start with N2m and close with same amount, then maybe small transactions in between.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello

Study visa is point based,if you meet the required points you should be fine

2. Remember to declare any previous refusal

Cheers
SirKingpin:
Good afternoon house. Please I have a question, i was denied uk tourist visa January 2022. Will it affect my study visa application in 2023?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by giselle237: 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
dduchess90:
She could have added more documents to substantiate the relationship before, during and after ( bills paid, joint bank statement, investment etc) and a cover letter to explain in details what was submitted and why.Notarized affidavit have been abused for a long time now, pictures are minor evidence,plus change of name has nothing to do with proof of relationship.

The admin review is a 50/50, no additional documents will be requested,the case file plus what was submitted during the application will be given to a different caseworker to assess plus the time it will take which could be months.

My opinion,do a court wedding but back it up with documents before the trad.she can even include the notarized documents but then the court certificate is the key legal umbrella that falls under if it makes sense.
i beg to differ. Court documents are not compulsory that’s why civil unmarried partners are granted visas. They also should not rush to the court now to ‘legalize’ their marriage as traditional marriage is well accepted from Nigeria. It is essential to establish a genuine relationship and not a genuine marriage. Marriage is secondary. Either enough substantiated evidence was not submitted or the ECO was just been hard.. in this second case, admin review or reapplication will work.
If the biological children are even involved it’s more than enough proofs.. i dnt know the problem there.
mimi did a well thought out list of evidence, op should check that.. @phummy2984 look for the list by mimilyrics and concentrate. Where are proofs of the genuine relationship?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Haisha: 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
Please reply your mail... I would like to ask you some questions.
Thanks
Stivinmesi:
My Sojourn to UK and POE Experience

Yho guys, I am presently in the UK.

I boarded Ethiopian Airline from Abuja. 2 Travelling Bags (23Kg each), one hand luggage (7Kg) , my Laptop Bag.

I wore two sweaters , one Winter Jacket and held the other Jacket just to reduce the scaled KG.

One of my 23Kg bags contained my clothes, shoes and the other 23Kg bag contained food stuffs and drugs (I bought different antibiotics as it is expensive in the UK and other drugs like Vitamin D(because of lack of sunlight), Paracetamol etc).

Ethiopian Airline is cool (5 hours stop over) but I will have loved to follow Egypt Airline (12 hours stop over but hotel accommodation and good food cool.

I choosed to travel weekend because I envisaged a good number will go for that option and so the Immigration Officers won't have the time to ask lots of questions.

Also the immigration officers In Abuja didn't give me headache, one even advised I use POS to deposit the Naira left with me since the old Naira will be out of circulation this year.

Journey started from Abuja to Addis Ababa. We waited for close to 7 hours before boarding the flight to London.

At Hearthrow Airport, my POE went this way:

1. Officer : What's your purpose in the UK
Me : For Study

2. Officer: What is your course of study
Me : I told him and also mentioned the name of my University.

3. Officer : Are you a new student ?
Me : Yes

4. Officer : Place your thumb over there. Then be stamped it.

PS :
1. Keep a smiling face when approaching any official you encounter in the course of your traveling. Also say hello when you approach them.

2. Your major hurdle is to carry those bags to any of the Airports in Nigeria. Once you have boarded, you shouldn't face any major challenge WRT that. There is a Bus station at the Airport and you can carry your luggage using Trolley.

3. There are ATM machines at the airport where you can withdraw pounds with your dollar card.

4. You will enjoy Free WiFi both at Ethiopia Airport and Hearthrow Airport.

5. Make plans for accomodation before leaving so as not to get stranded.

I wish you all luck cool.

The land of UK will favour us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Your question is unclear

1. The amount required for your maintenance while studying is clear, the evidence needs to be in your account for minimum 28days and you should have access to the funds in the UK. It doesn't matter if that is the opening balance,however it should be your closing balance

2. In terms of transactions,please continue with your bank activities as normal while ensuring it doesn't affect your maintenance funds

3. Keep an eye on the exchange rate on Oanda

Cheers

Duchess, thank you for the Swift response.

Lastly please, can it be a newly opened savings account? I have not operated a savings account in years, been using my company account all the while. I want to open a savings account in my own name for the purpose. Hope it wouldn't matter.

Thanks once again!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vullia: 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello house ,

My wife and son has arrived in the uk as school resumed last week Monday .
I will be joining them by ending , please what documents will I be needing at the POE and what question should I prepare for as I'm the only one going while my wife and kid are there.@duchess and other gurus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello house, please when should I be expecting collection mail? I got brp mail 22nd with decision made 19th. My school has given me till 30th to resume and I got a ticket for 28th already so I need to travel this weekend. Can someone answer me please. Should I go to VAC even if the tracker still shows at DMC? I would appreciate any response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by badassProdigy(m): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
same here too, decision since 13th, got brp mail 18th. still at DMC on tracker

which Centre is urs?

Ayomidelabaeka5:
Hello house, please when should I be expecting collection mail? I got brp mail 22nd with decision made 19th. My school has given me till 30th to resume and I got a ticket for 28th already so I need to travel this weekend. Can someone answer me please. Should I go to VAC even if the tracker still shows at DMC? I would appreciate any response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by sentojames: 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2023
@dduchess90 and all
Please, can you clarify/give insight on accommodation in the UK? Hostel vs outside, which is better, sustainable and of great advantage to newbies? Please note that, Hostel seems to have policy that you cannot cancel the contract until end of study (Like 9 months contract), once signed. Please provide insights based on your experience.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
badassProdigy:
same here too, decision since 13th, got brp mail 18th. still at DMC on tracker

which Centre is urs?

Ikeja o, how about yours?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by badassProdigy(m): 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
VI?

plz keep me posted on any way forward u hear

Ayomidelabaeka5:

Ikeja o, how about yours?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
badassProdigy:
VI?

plz keep me posted on any way forward u hear

I’m going there tomorrow so I would keep you updated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello
@Giselle237

I actually wished she had included more documents to substantiate her marriage ,that was my first comment.

My fear is the documents she submitted may truly not be enough to sway the review her way .

I agree she could do the review but if she decides to go ahead to reapply wouldn't it be better to do a court wedding and have that dusted?

Perhaps she could reapply and include additional documents @Mimilyrics provided

@Phummy2984 this is entirely your decision, if you do reapply check the list and cross out as many evidence as you can provide if you decide not to do a court wedding

Cheers

quote author=giselle237 post=120339175] i beg to differ. Court documents are not compulsory that’s why civil unmarried partners are granted visas. They also should not rush to the court now to ‘legalize’ their marriage as traditional marriage is well accepted from Nigeria. It is essential to establish a genuine relationship and not a genuine marriage. Marriage is secondary. Either enough substantiated evidence was not submitted or the ECO was just been hard.. in this second case, admin review or reapplication will work.
If the biological children are even involved it’s more than enough proofs.. i dnt know the problem there.
mimi did a well thought out list of evidence, op should check that.. @phummy2984 look for the list by mimilyrics and concentrate. Where are proofs of the genuine relationship? [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello

That should be fine

Cheers
Mcleo007:

Duchess, thank you for the Swift response.

Lastly please, can it be a newly opened savings account? I have not operated a savings account in years, been using my company account all the while. I want to open a savings account in my own name for the purpose. Hope it wouldn't matter.

Thanks once again!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello

POE experiences are very different and a couple of people have posted their experience on the thread.

For documents,always have a copy of the documents you submitted for your application including your up to date bank statement handy so you can present it if and only if it is requested

Cheers
Vullia:
Hello house ,

My wife and son has arrived in the uk as school resumed last week Monday .
I will be joining them by ending , please what documents will I be needing at the POE and what question should I prepare for as I'm the only one going while my wife and kid are there.@duchess and other gurus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 5:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello House.
I just tracked my application now after receiving a collection mail and I saw that it's jumped from Received by DMC to Received at VAC
Went for biometrics with the MA (wifey) last week Monday (16th January) whose BRPmail came in on Sunday.

Can a dependant's collection mail drop before the MA's ? (without it being a refusal case)

Please what should I expect please ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by badassProdigy(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2023
thanks boss

Ayomidelabaeka5:

I’m going there tomorrow so I would keep you updated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jjbest(m): 6:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
Whitenaira2014:
Good day Gurus in the house,

I would like to get information about the pre-cas interview and how to get unconditional offer from university of Hertfordshire.

My wife was given a conditional offer for September intake.

Anyone from Hertfordshire that can help

clarify what the pre-cas interview is all about and chances of passing it.

Thank you in anticipation.

There will be an Instagram meeting by the school West Africa representative on Friday 27th January.
I also have an unconditional offer for September 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by djshegzy2022: 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
About the interview the school will contact her and get her ready for the interview a mock interview will done to prepare her for the main PCI
jjbest:

There will be an Instagram meeting by the school West Africa representative on Friday 27th January.
I also have an unconditional offer for September 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mykelpato(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
mimilyrics:
There's a sample that you can edit to suit your situation in the link below:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/covering-letter-for-spouse-visa-t294759.html
Mimi,Pls permission to PM you …I have a question that which won’t be thrown out here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vullia: 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

POE experiences are very different and a couple of people have posted their experience on the thread.

For documents,always have a copy of the documents you submitted for your application including your up to date bank statement handy so you can present it if and only if it is requested

Will I also need the bank statement cos everything is in her acct and not mine as she is the one schooling I'm just a dependant

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
Please help Oooooooo

dotedote:
Hello House.
I just tracked my application now after receiving a collection mail and I saw that it's jumped from Received by DMC to Received at VAC
Went for biometrics with the MA (wifey) last week Monday (16th January) whose BRPmail came in on Sunday.

Can a dependant's collection mail drop before the MA's ? (without it being a refusal case)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
dotedote:
Hello House.

No one knows what you can expect, only way you can know is to go and collect your passport. Just be positive, I believe you’d receive a refusal letter in your mail if it was refused. If it isn’t there, then it has been approved. Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by hammedkazeem: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
Same here Dependant got collection mail today and main applicant still at DMC

dotedote:
Please help Oooooooo

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mimilyrics: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
Feel free.
Mykelpato:

Mimi,Pls permission to PM you …I have a question that which won’t be thrown out here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
Thanks for that thing line of hope.
I appreciate it.

Ayomidelabaeka5:

No one knows what you can expect, only way you can know is to go and collect your passport. Just be positive, I believe you’d receive a refusal letter in your mail if it was refused. If it isn’t there, then it has been approved. Congratulations in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
E choke Walahi

hammedkazeem:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2023
hammedkazeem:

This seem to be the lastest trend. My dependant also go collection mail since yesterday and mine is still at DMC. Deadline is lurking this weekend. UkVI will no seize to amaze us. ...God will touch their heart to move them tomorrow morning...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by imhopeful: 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hi,

Once you have your BRP email, I will recommend if you are not too far from TLS center, try walk-in. There is definitely glitch in the communication/flow recently.

Eg: @Justpat, I have someone who got BRP same day as you and has picked up passport earlier today, give it a try

Justpat:

This seem to be the lastest trend. My dependant also go collection mail since yesterday and mine is still at DMC. Deadline is lurking this weekend. UkVI will no seize to amaze us. ...God will touch their heart to move them tomorrow morning...

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.