Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1006242 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jaidor: 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
Evening Fam,
I applied to three schools for September intake, around 10-14thFebruary (BEFORE THE SCHOOLS' OFFICIAL DEADLINES).
However, it's been over one month now and I have not gotten any response from either of the schools.
Is this normal? Or smth is wrong somewhere.
Even if the admission isn't successful, I expect they'd atleast send a "rejection" mail.

I am just bothered, cos the I see people already processing form A, and I I know the earlier the better. Especially for September 2023 intake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by KatharinaF24: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2023
Application: 11/02/2023
Biometrics: 20/3/2023
Decision mail: 24/02/2023 (decision already made 22/02/2023)
Collection mail: 01/3/2023 (standard and TLS ikeja)

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adigun055(m): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
Some schools are slow in making decisions, just bear with them and be patient. I applied to more than 10 schools, few replied in two weeks.
Some are yet to say anything since jan.
jaidor:
Evening Fam,
I applied to three schools for September intake, around 10-14thFebruary (BEFORE THE SCHOOLS' OFFICIAL DEADLINES).
However, it's been over one month now and I have not gotten any response from either of the schools.
Is this normal? Or smth is wrong somewhere.
Even if the admission isn't successful, I expect they'd atleast send a "rejection" mail.

I am just bothered, cos the I see people already processing form A, and I I know the earlier the better. Especially for September 2023 intake.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adigun055(m): 11:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Hello house.
Good day to everyone here.
I received an unconditional offer from Essex, a scholarship of 4500 pounds, and I won't have to pay a deposit.
But the remaining tuition is 16k, I'm still in the mix if it's a good deal or wait for other schools with lower tuition that may require a deposit. Kindly share your thoughts please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Brooke60(f): 2:11am On Mar 16, 2023
Mcleo007:

Don't try that. POF either in your account in your name or parents/guardian
[quot
IFSHR:

Big No.... you can only use your parent or spouse account for POF, you can't use your brother or sisters own, except they have court document to proof that they are your sole guardian...
e author=IFSHR post=121773317]

Big No.... you can only use your parent or spouse account for POF, you can't use your brother or sisters own, except they have court document to proof that they are your sole guardian...[/quote]

Thank you guys!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bodacious1: 3:54am On Mar 16, 2023
Hi all,

Has anyone here tried to renew their Nigerian passport in the UK? What's the process like please? I've visited the website several times but can't seem to progress beyond the page where I input the reason for passport renewal. It also navigates to a login page meanwhile I don't see any link for creating an account (which I assume is required before you can log in, in the first place).

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 5:02am On Mar 16, 2023
Adigun055:
Hello house.
Good day to everyone here.
I received an unconditional offer from Essex, a scholarship of 4500 pounds, and I won't have to pay a deposit.
But the remaining tuition is 16k, I'm still in the mix if it's a good deal or wait for other schools with lower tuition that may require a deposit. Kindly share your thoughts please.

Are you sure about this your statement of not having to pay a deposit , ensure you peruse your offer letter well o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Adigun055(m): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2023
Well, to the best of my knowledge and what I read from the offer letter. They have some certain conditions that may require not paying deposit if "student received a scholarship or sponsorship from a recognized body by the university of ESSEX”. Secondly, based on past offers received from other schools they always give conditional offer to be made unconditional after deposit Is fulfilled, and the deposit part on the application portal is quite empty. I can't still say if i will be required to pay tho. But it is said i will get CAS once i accept the offer.
IFSHR:

Are you sure about this your statement of not having to pay a deposit , ensure you peruse your offer letter well o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IFSHR: 7:02am On Mar 16, 2023
Adigun055:
Well, to the best of my knowledge and what I read from the offer letter. They have some certain conditions that may require not paying deposit if "student received a scholarship or sponsorship from a recognized body by the university of ESSEX”. Secondly, based on past offers received from other schools they always give conditional offer to be made unconditional after deposit Is fulfilled, and the deposit part on the application portal is quite empty. I can't still say if i will be required to pay tho. But it is said i will get CAS once i accept the offer.

Ok cool...just wanted you to be very sure...

All the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by spiceeamiee(f): 9:10am On Mar 16, 2023
Guys please who has paid for priority after booking an appointment recently? Appointment is booked for tomorrow. When I added priority to cart, it proceeded to book appointment. Normally it will ask you if you want to drop your already scheduled appointments while highlighting the proceed to payment page but it’s not showing like that. It’s just saying book appointment which if I click on it shows like I want to book appointment which will cancel the one I already have for tomorrow. How do I overcome this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ChiomaMC: 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
Please I got admission with University of South Wales and University of Derby, for people that know these places, which one is better?. I'm considering getting jobs and affordable place to stay and study, and security . Someone help pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by matori(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by phenzy(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
Teesside has offered me admission for a 2 yrs masters course but I am confused am I going to pay for two years IHS during my visa app or the normal one year ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OptimisticK: 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Please who has sure and affordable link for police report in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2023
Osebebe22:

Thanks. I got collection mail this evening for me and my 2 dependants. My spouse’s own is still at dmc. Pls, share when urs moves to VAC.

Any luck with your spouse' position? Mine is still at DMC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duncanmighty: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
Congratulations...
How much was required of you for deposit?
agada29:
Congrats

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JemmyO: 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello everyone
@duchess@doyinluv@justwise

Please can i take drugs like flagyl, tetracycline, chloramphenicol with me. Will it be an issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello

These are not controlled drugs

You should be fine to put them in your checked luggage.

Cheers
JemmyO:
Hello everyone
@duchess@doyinluv@justwise

Please can i take drugs like flagyl, tetracycline, chloramphenicol with me. Will it be an issue?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello

Yes you will have to pay IHS for the entire duration of your course

Cheers
phenzy:
Teesside has offered me admission for a 2 yrs masters course but I am confused am I going to pay for two years IHS during my visa app or the normal one year ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Osebebe22: 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
Mcleo007:

Any luck with your spouse' position? Mine is still at DMC

Same thing. Still at DMC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nwachi22(f): 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
OptimisticK:
Please who has sure and affordable link for police report in Nigeria?

I have a contact at police hq, Lagos.
You can send me a DM if you’re interested.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kingsleek26(m): 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello everyone,
Has anyone been debited of Form A application recently with UBA? I'm getting frustrated now because i saw someone lamenting on Twitter that it takes 16 weeks now for UBA. Please if anyone has been debited recently kindly indicate with with application date and waiting period
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OptimisticK: 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2023
[code][/code]
Nwachi22:

I have a contact at police hq, Lagos.
You can send me a DM if you’re interested.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by orasam: 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
First Bank recently sent msg to their customers that the processing duration for form A is now 16weeks. However, I have never receive such mail from UBA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
Osebebe22:

Same thing. Still at DMC.

It is well with us. E go soft soonest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jjmk(m): 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Please I got admission with University of South Wales and University of Derby, for people that know these places, which one is better?. I'm considering getting jobs and affordable place to stay and study, and security . Someone help pls.

Go to South Wales.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jjmk(m): 10:32pm On Mar 16, 2023
heykims:
How true is it that the FG has pegged tuition fee payment through form A to $7500 per semester?
Meanwhile my deposit is above $7,500. My deposit is 6225gbp which is a little above the 7500. What will I do now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by myhero: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
phenzy:

U will pay 2 years ihs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by myhero: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
kingsleek26:
Hello everyone,
Has anyone been debited of Form A application recently with UBA? I'm getting frustrated now because i saw someone lamenting on Twitter that it takes 16 weeks now for UBA. Please if anyone has been debited recently kindly indicate with with application date and waiting period

When did u initiate ya uba form A

(1) (2) (3) ... (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.