Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1017651 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bigtt76(f): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Toh what more can you do naaa ...if that's the only thing you can provide, do so with a cover letter to try explain how you applied your previous studies to improving the fortunes of your uncle's shop etc anything innovative, try to capture it there.

Bridie2:
Good day everyone. Please I need your help. I was asked to provide an employment letter or pay slip. I have been working at my uncles shop but it is not registered. How do I explain this? Can I snap pictures in front of the shop as a prove? Please help out on how I can do this. Thanks @justwise
@duchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hello Nadingo,

I trust you are keeping well.

It is normal to be a Newbie. All our Ogas here were also Newbies at one point or the other.

Let me see if I can make your Job easier.

Below is a summary of the process

1. You apply to schools using:

a. Your first degree certificate ( BSc or HND)
b. Transcript
c. Biodata page of International Passport
d. CV
e. Referees
f. Statement of Purpose

2. You are offered Conditional admission or Unconditional admission ( Conditional in most cases).
For Conditional, you will be requested to provide some additional documents in order to get Unconditional offer. e.g Official Transcript, Scratch card to confirm your WAEC Engish Language grade online etc

3. You will make Tuition deposit payment if you are okay with the school. This can be done via form A or by paying using a domiciliary account debit card. Form A is cheaper but takes between 3 weeks and 10 weeks. For a Tuition Deposit of £4k, you can save up to N900,000 if you use form A.

4. You will go for Tuberculosis Test at IOM. There is Lagos center and Abuja Centre. The cost is N57,800 for 11 years and above. N21,320 or so for children below 11 years.

5. There's something called Proof of Fund. This is your Tuition Balance + Living expenses in the UK.

Living Cost for London:
Main Applicant is £1334 × 9months
Dependant is £845 × 9months

Living Cost outside London:
Main Applicant is 1023 × 9months
Dependant is 680 × 9months

Let's calculate POF for a student outside London with Total Tuition of £14 and Tuition Deposit of £4k.
Remember that POF is Tuition Balance + Living Cost
£10,000 + £9207 = £19,207

To get the naira value, you use the OANDA currency converter. Just search OANDA on Google.

Using an OANDA rate of Let's say 510 naira per pound, we have 19207 × 510 = N9,795,570. You can approximate your POF to be N11,000,000.

This means that you must maintain a minimum of 11m in your account for at least 28 days before you apply for visa.

6. After Tuition Deposit Payment is confirmed by the school, the school issues Unconditional Admission Offer after you must have provided required documents.

7. You begin CAS process by undergoing Credibility Check. This is a check conducted by the school to confirm if you are a genuine student.
Some schools call it CAS questionnaire, Some call it Pre-cas interview etc

8. If you provide satisfactory responses, you will be issued a statement or document called Condition of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). This is somewhat the most important document in this journey. It is what shows that a licensed school is sponsoring you to school in the UK.
[b]If your responses are not satisfactory, you will NOT be issued CAS and your admission offer will be withdrawn (you will be given more than one attempt)

9. Visa Application.

You will be scheduled for biometrics( Not visa interview) after filling the online application form and paying IHS and VISA fees.
IHS is Insurance Health Surcharge for your health insurance while in the UK.
IHS is £705 for one year per person( £624 is written on the UKVI payment page)
Visa is £363 per person

There are 3 centres for biometrics capturing in Nigeria. Abuja TLS, Ikeja TLS and VI TLS

10. Travel to the UK after visa is issued.

As for your wife who is a Third Class Graduate, there are schools in the UK that will offer her admission for direct Master's degree programme. However, she needs to do extra by making her Statement of Purpose winning and very convincing. Good work experience is another factor the schools consider.

Below are some of the schools a Third Class degree holder can consider:

1. Sheffield-Hallam University.
2. Roehampton University.
3. University of Sunderland.
4.London Metropolitan University.
5. University College, Birmingham.
6. Solent University.
7. Cardiff Metropolitan University.
8. Bedfordshire University.
9. University of West England.
10. University of South Wales.
11. Edinburgh Napier University.
12. University of Suffolk
13. Swansea University.
14. University of Essex.
15. Anglia Ruskin University.
16. University of Gloucestershire

For Total cost for your wife and 2 children, I will give a rough estimate of how much they will need to get them to the UK.

Tuition Deposit of £4000 with form A is around: N2,150,000 (including charges)

IHS for one year course: $885 × 3 @700 = N1,858,500
Visa: $460 × 3 @700 = N966,000
The UKVI payment page says IHS is reduced for children @£470. However, some parents said they paid same amount they paid for Adults. I have not confirmed that because I have never made payment for Child Dependant of a student. I have only made for Student and Dependant partner.

POF: Let's say Tuition balance of £8,000
£8000 + £9207 + £6120 + £6120 = £29447(Outside London)
@Oanda rate of Let's say 510, we have 29447 × 510
= N 15,017,970
POF is Approximately N17,000,000

Tuberculosis Test for wife: N57,800
Tuberculosis Test for 2 kids : N42,640

Flight ticket for 3: Budget N1.2m ( This depends on Airline, time of booking & time of travel)

Cash at hand at POE: £1.5k ( Will cover cost of accommodation) : N1,200,000

Total without POF is N 7,474,940
Approximately N8,000,000 (Without POF)

There will be small fluctuations here and there.

Please note, that I will advise you move with the family (If possible). Your wife needs you there for Psychological, Physical, Moral and Financial Support.
You can legally work full time and that's a lot of pounds to support the family.

Best regards.

52 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dybaladaddy: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
Anyone one who did biometrics at Abuja on the 30th of July?

I sent paid mail today by 7am,still no reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Dichimma: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good day everyone, I am currently doing my masters degree in the UK. I have been worked as care worker for 3 months, I have worked more than 20 hours in a week more than 4 weeks and I am planning to apply postgraduate visa but I am wondering if the visa will be granted.

Please my question is has anybody worked in the care home for more than 20 hours and was given a postgraduate visa?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by queenfolake: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hello please who recently used ikeja TLS for biometric and was able walk in with a dependent that didn’t have a close date. I am hearing they have stopped it. Please who can confirm this

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Samcathe: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Dybaladaddy:
Anyone one who did biometrics at Abuja on the 30th of July?

I sent paid mail today by 7am,still no reply

Most of the time, you will receive a response within 48 hours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ogunsolalola: 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
ogunsolalola:
Please any Huddersfield WhatsApp group. Please help ..thank you

Nobody is going to Huddersfield?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by steadyMoving22: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
queenfolake:
Hello please who recently used ikeja TLS for biometric and was able walk in with a dependent that didn’t have a close date. I am hearing they have stopped it. Please who can confirm this

Pls anybody with this information �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
hammed71:
Good morning guys, please does northumbria University require pof before issuing pof.

Northumbria in Newcastle doesn't. But Northumbria in London does. I am in for Northumbria in Newcastle.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Manki: 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
KOLONIZA:

They only work Mondays - Friday

Ok,thank you,some one said they work on Saturday too,but don't know if I can do a walk in on Saturday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by careerwoman(f): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hi guys
Please does anyone know when the IHS website and TLS website would be back up.

I am helping someone pay for IHS and visa fees and both sites are down at the moment.
Don’t know if they made an announcement concerning this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mydeporch(f): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
eniola1010:

The fares before enrollment na like 600k. Something that is 400k before. But after enrollement the fares are back to normal.
Please, Is it okay for student to book One way ticket ?
I want to believe it's not compulsory to buy return ticket as a student. Help clarify this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nadingo: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello Nadingo,

I trust you are keeping well.

It is normal to be a Newbie. All our Ogas here were also Newbies at one point or the other.

Let me see if I can make your Job easier.

Below is a summary of the process

1. You apply to schools using:

a. Your first degree certificate ( BSc or HND)
b. Transcript
c. Biodata page of International Passport
d. CV
e. Referees
f. Statement of Purpose

2. You are offered Conditional admission or Unconditional admission ( Conditional in most cases).
For Conditional, you will be requested to provide some additional documents in order to get Unconditional offer. e.g Official Transcript, Scratch card to confirm your WAEC Engish Language grade online etc

3. You will make Tuition deposit payment if you are okay with the school. This can be done via form A or by paying using a domiciliary account debit card. Form A is cheaper but takes between 3 weeks and 10 weeks. For a Tuition Deposit of £4k, you can save up to N900,000 if you use form A.

4. You will go for Tuberculosis Test at IOM. There is Lagos center and Abuja Centre. The cost is N57,800 for 11 years and above. N21,320 or so for children below 11 years.

5. There's something called Proof of Fund. This is your Tuition Balance + Living expenses in the UK.

Living Cost for London:
Main Applicant is £1334 × 9months
Dependant is £845 × 9months

Living Cost outside London:
Main Applicant is 1023 × 9months
Dependant is 680 × 9months

Let's calculate POF for a student outside London with Total Tuition of £14 and Tuition Deposit of £4k.
Remember that POF is Tuition Balance + Living Cost
£10,000 + £9207 = £19,207

To get the naira value, you use the OANDA currency converter. Just search OANDA on Google.

Using an OANDA rate of Let's say 510 naira per pound, we have 19207 × 510 = N9,795,570. You can approximate your POF to be N11,000,000.

This means that you must maintain a minimum of 11m in your account for at least 28 days before you apply for visa.

6. After Tuition Deposit Payment is confirmed by the school, the school issues Unconditional Admission Offer after you must have provided required documents.

7. You begin CAS process by undergoing Credibility Check. This is a check conducted by the school to confirm if you are a genuine student.
Some schools call it CAS questionnaire, Some call it Pre-cas interview etc

8. If you provide satisfactory responses, you will be issued a statement or document called Condition of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). This is somewhat the most important document in this journey. It is what shows that a licensed school is sponsoring you to school in the UK.
[b]If your responses are not satisfactory, you will NOT be issued CAS and your admission offer will be withdrawn (you will be given more than one attempt)

9. Visa Application.

You will be scheduled for biometrics( Not visa interview) after filling the online application form and paying IHS and VISA fees.
IHS is Insurance Health Surcharge for your health insurance while in the UK.
IHS is £705 for one year per person( £624 is written on the UKVI payment page)
Visa is £363 per person

There are 3 centres for biometrics capturing in Nigeria. Abuja TLS, Ikeja TLS and VI TLS

10. Travel to the UK after visa is issued.

As for your wife who is a Third Class Graduate, there are schools in the UK that will offer her admission for direct Master's degree programme. However, she needs to do extra by making her Statement of Purpose winning and very convincing. Good work experience is another factor the schools consider.

Below are some of the schools a Third Class degree holder can consider:

1. Sheffield-Hallam University.
2. Roehampton University.
3. University of Sunderland.
4.London Metropolitan University.
5. University College, Birmingham.
6. Solent University.
7. Cardiff Metropolitan University.
8. Bedfordshire University.
9. University of West England.
10. University of South Wales.
11. Edinburgh Napier University.
12. University of Suffolk
13. Swansea University.
14. University of Essex.
15. Anglia Ruskin University.
16. University of Gloucestershire

For Total cost for your wife and 2 children, I will give a rough estimate of how much they will need to get them to the UK.

Tuition Deposit of £4000 with form A is around: N2,150,000 (including charges)

IHS for one year course: $885 × 3 @700 = N1,858,500
Visa: $460 × 3 @700 = N966,000
The UKVI payment page says IHS is reduced for children @£470. However, some parents said they paid same amount they paid for Adults. I have not confirmed that because I have never made payment for Child Dependant of a student. I have only made for Student and Dependant partner.

POF: Let's say Tuition balance of £8,000
£8000 + £9207 + £6120 + £6120 = £29447(Outside London)
@Oanda rate of Let's say 510, we have 29447 × 510
= N 15,017,970
POF is Approximately N17,000,000

Tuberculosis Test for wife: N57,800
Tuberculosis Test for 2 kids : N42,640

Flight ticket for 3: Budget N1.2m ( This depends on Airline, time of booking & time of travel)

Cash at hand at POE: £1.5k ( Will cover cost of accommodation) : N1,200,000

Total without POF is N 7,474,940
Approximately N8,000,000 (Without POF)

There will be small fluctuations here and there.

Please note, that I will advise you move with the family (If possible). Your wife needs you there for Psychological, Physical, Moral and Financial Support.
You can legally work full time and that's a lot of pounds to support the family.

Best regards.

Amazing. This is explicit as you have stated all what I need to know to take the right step. I am most grateful. Do schools in the UK recognize NECO exams cert? And will school in UK for the children be free?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Cashmadam: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
mydeporch:

I want to believe it's not compulsory to buy return ticket as a student. Help clarify this.

As long as you don't need the ticket to apply for PTA. As a student, you can buy one way ticket with no issues at all..

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mcpapillo(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
Pls check your mail I have a couple of questions. Thanks

MacDarrey:
Hmmmm......It all started here � All thanks to you guys but most especially @Gloriyah who never tired on top my matter��

Visa Alert!!! September intake ������

Full Testimony for family of 3!!!

ME: Dependent (Husband and agent to Spouse�)
April 12 – Conditional Offer
May 18 – Unconditional Offer
June 2 – POF started (SUNTRUST)
June 20 – CAS Request
July 11 – CAS received
July 16 – Applications submitted (Mistakenly uploaded all MA doc on child’s page. So scared that I messed the whole thing up but I was informed that I can do Assisted Service to sort it out)
July 19 – POF Mistakenly removed (I was scared this may mess things up)
July 20 – POF returned with apology
July 22 – Biometric TLS VI (Paid for Assisted Service to upload child’s document and MA walked-in)
July 25 – Transferred and Received by DMC
August 10 – 1 Paid Call (All 3 applications decided since July 1st)
August 16 – Moved to, Received by VAC and Collection Mails dropped for all
August 17 - Picked up our passports with the vignettes sitting pretty complete with follow-come letters ��������
Entry date - August 26

No NSF
POF still running till August 19th
Study gap of 11years.

Funny: I got admission, CAS without her knowing wetin I dey do until Biometric when she key in. Na when we dey go e be the only thing wey she know��

Risk Taken:
Grabbed and bought and cheap ticket 4 days after Biometric thru Wakanow PSS. Paying balance today (780k for 3. Lagos-Gatwick)
Refused to pay daughter's school fees and logistics

Documents Uploaded:
Passport, Offer letter, CAS, POF, Degree Certificate, Transcript, NYSC, CV, TB test, SSCE and English Proficiency letter from Uni, Current Work Recommendation, Plenty Family Pictures, Marriage Cert

See you all in The UK!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eniola1010(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
mydeporch:

Nope its not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hi,
Does anyone knows if NCE can be evaluated by NARIC/ecctis in the UK.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IPDaley: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Mannymanny:

Fellow Aug 9th
Which centre?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tobatele(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good evening all. I read it somewhere that a financial consent letter is part of the documents to be submitted at the embassy by the dependants.
Please, how does a financial consent letter looks like? Or where can I get it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Vullia: 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good evening house , Am here again and this time for my wife ,which school can she apply with just notification of result from osu ,we have tried all we could to get her transcript and certificate from the school but the fact that Asu is on strike all our effort has been fruitless on that since April .That's why I choose to apply with my HND but no school has given offer since then .applied to 6schools for September but nothing ,applied again for january still waiting for offer .so instead of putting our eggs in one basket ,can anyone help with school that we can get conditional offer from with just notification of result .HELP HELP HELP.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibukune(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
careerwoman:
Hi guys
Please does anyone know when the IHS website and TLS website would be back up.

I am helping someone pay for IHS and visa fees and both sites are down at the moment.
Don’t know if they made an announcement concerning this.

Yes. While I was applying ytday. The notice of a maintenance today popped up. I think it ends by 8pm today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nwaduto: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
bamangar:
Hello, all, I have just been given MSc admission (conditional) by Teesside University for January intake. I am quite excited even though i am still waiting to hear from University of Salford and Uni Sunderland. I was given 14 days to do the necessary which is provide my School certificate and 4,000 pounds deposit.

For those in Teesside or knows about Teesside, How is the city of Middlebrough? Are there available jobs for students? How is is Teesside installmental payment plan?

thanks...

Hello
Please I want to apply at Teesside, what documents did you use to apply, did they ask for transcript
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by lightofjoy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hello, pls can a January ending resumption go ahead with TB test now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by June232022: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2022
hi guys is there a way to send money from nigeria to the uk
Some of us still have funds in our account and still earn from nigeria
how do we send this funds here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skin90(m): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
lightofjoy:
Hello, pls can a January ending resumption go ahead with TB test now.

Yes, get it asap

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by seglius(m): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Manki:

Pls do they allow walk in on Saturdays too? I won't be able to get Abuja on time tomorrow morning,and how much is walk in presently

Allow,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by abbey4babe: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good evening house,

After receiving collection mail. I got another email that “ TLScontact Travel Document returned by courier“ Do I need to go pick my passport up at Ikeja TLS tomorrow or still wait for courier.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by careerwoman(f): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ibukune:

Yes. While I was applying ytday. The notice of a maintenance today popped up. I think it ends by 8pm today

Okay
Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mumibaby(f): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Thanks. God bless
efosakelly:

you are going to obtain police extrac/ police clearance certificate and send to them/ It is equivalent to DBS assuming your are already in the UK, But police check can only be done where you have lived..
As for flywire, fill the form as you will normally do, and chose to pay in other currency and chose GBP. submit the payment intruction along with other document with form A. the problem is form A is slow these days, and cannot meet flywire deadline, but the banks usually call you to update flywire receipt when they are ready to disburse after u have been debited, what you do is generate a fresh flywire invoive and upload it, then call them that you have uploaded.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mjosha: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
Please does VI TLS accept walk-in

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.