Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1007290 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:25am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

I will assume that your company isn't taking care of your maintenance so will include yours

Your maintenance= minimum £1270
Your Partner= £285
Your child=£315

Total =£1870

That should be the minimum, always go above the minimum requirements.

Same should be in your account for at least 28days and should be available for your use in the UK

2. This is your account please have your normal transactions

Cheers
Ifedayofemi:
Hello everyone and @duchess,please I need everyone's help here,pls I want to know how much should be ok for a family of 3 for 1 month POF,it's work visa (COS)and also how is the funding of the account like,can I make any amount of transactions on it or I should have limits on thr transactions I make in the account i.e can I use big or small money to run the account after the fixed money for the POF...thank you all

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:26am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

When did you apply?

Where you married at that time?

Cheers
Kollyside01:
Hallo everyone, please can I bring my wife to the UK as a dependent if I applied as a single (I selected single when applying for visa) on a student visa

@duchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:30am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

I have addressed this in detail in previous pages if you check

In summary

1. Yes, the dependant should include in the consent letter what she is sponsoring towards for instance the MA is paying his fees whilst the dependant is sponsoring his maintainance etc

2. You might need to address why, or be prepared to address it should the ECO enquire

At the end of the day it is the ECO's decision

Cheers
atesun:
Please help out with insight.

Main Applicant POF will not be enough to apply for visa but Dependant started new PoF to use which is in excess. Can Main Applicant combine her POF with dependant POF to successfully get Visa.

Does dependant need to write a consent letter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:32am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

Thanks for adding your experience

This is a public forum, people are free to choose whatever suits them

Cheers

Keemy88:
@duchess90.
You are correct and everyone should take this advice.

It is the naira balance on your POF that is converted to Pounds on oanda converter to determine if you meet or exceed the pounds equivalent.

I was not given CAS because the naira balance on my bank statement fell short and when I looked at the conversion report submitted to me, it was NGN to GBP that was converted.

Apparently, the naira has gained against the pounds in today's rate which is good for us all.

Cheers.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:36am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

Contact TLS

https://help.visas-uk.tlscontact.com/abv_en/

Cheers
fafaminji:
Please I need help guys I want to cancel my visa application for myself and my dependants because I made an error while filling out the form, I have figured out how to cancel it online but my issue is the refund for TLS flexible appointment fee as I have already paid for this for each applicant. Can anyone advise how to go about this?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 4:39am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

1. Individual application dates will be used

2. You could also cancel your dependant's application and proceed with yours

3. You will have to book a new biometric appointment

Cheers
2rucool:
Good day my people in the house, please I need your guidance on my UK student visa application,
I submitted my application and Paid for Visa and IHS fee at about 10pm but when filling my spouse application, I found out that oanda rate has increased by the time I paid her Visa and IHS fee because her application was completed about 1:30am the next day.
I have booked biometric for Tuesday but I'm not comfortable because of the increase in oanda rate.
If my submission date is used for our application our POF should be fine but if the submission time for each application is considered then my wife's submission time would affect our POF negatively.

My question is should I cancel our application and wait for a refund
or
Write a cover letter to include a second statement of account that meets UKVI requirements to complement the increased in POF
And
finally,if I cancel my application and submit another one today,will I still be able to use the already booked biometric appointment for Tuesday

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kollyside01: 5:03am On Jun 26, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

When did you apply?

Where you married at that time?

Cheers

Applied in April, Visa came out in May.

No, I am not marry at that time as my partner is still doing NYSC, just want to marry this July.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mattle: 6:05am On Jun 26, 2023
Kollyside01:
Hallo everyone, please can I bring my wife to the UK as a dependent if I applied as a single (I selected single when applying for visa) on a student visa

@duchess90

Were you married before you applied or after?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kollyside01: 6:11am On Jun 26, 2023
Mattle:

Were you married before you applied or after?

Will just be getting married next month, single when applying about two months ago.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 6:52am On Jun 26, 2023
Can I use parent's bank statement for getting CAS while I use my bank statement for visa application. (Reason being that, parents statement is ready but for visa application I would prefer they send to my account to balance up for me and dependant). will the POF I submitted for school reflect on my CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kinkyhead: 7:08am On Jun 26, 2023
Pls for my medical booking, my husband is my dependant. Should I book as family of 2 and choose settlement/ dependants or I book separately and choose student for me and settlement/dependant for him on visa type? Pls I'm confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nanorest: 7:19am On Jun 26, 2023
kinkyhead:
Pls for my medical booking, my husband is my dependant. Should I book as family of 2 and choose settlement/ dependants or I book separately and choose student for me and settlement/dependant for him on visa type? Pls I'm confused

U book yours and he book his

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kinkyhead: 7:51am On Jun 26, 2023
Thanks

Nanorest:

U book yours and he book his
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Thewritingnerd(f): 7:52am On Jun 26, 2023
Please what are the emails to contact in case we need it?

cutebear:
Everyone, please be very vigilant especially if you have gotten a decision but it's taking longer than usual to get your passport back. I know they will tell you to wait 10 working days after getting decision before you will get your passport but THAT IS NOT NORMAL! We all know it doesn't take that long to get your passport back. People that get a decision on the 13th working day usually get collection mail on the 15th working day.

Today made it 10 working days after decision/brp letter and I hadn't gotten my passport. I called British High Commission Abuja customer care and the staff that took my details called my mobile line later that night and was demanding 50k before he could track my passport for me. I did my bio since the first week of August so, the past 8 weeks have been from one battle to another. Luckily, my friend told me yesterday that she had a family friend in BHC so I quickly gave her my details. The feedback I got was that my passport had basically been abandoned! UKVI didn't even bother to inform BHC to print my visa. It was my friend's family friend that sent an email to UKVI and they finally approved it that same yesterday. My visa was printed and was dispatched by DHL today!!! Due to their negligence, I have already missed a lot in school and I will still miss classes of next week and a bit of upper week because one-way flight tickets for this coming week are showing 2M and above.

All I'm saying is that be vigilant! It's not normal for our passports to just be sitting in BHC office collecting dust. Infact, if it's taking longer than 3 days after decision, start sending emails and blasting them with calls. BHC o, UKVI o, all of them are incompetent!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

That should be fine then

Ensure you include enough evidence to show your marriage is substantial

Cheers
Kollyside01:

Applied in April, Visa came out in May.

No, I am not marry at that time as my partner is still doing NYSC, just want to marry this July.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:16am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello

If you change the bank statement you used to get your CAS, you will need to update your Uni and send same statement to them.

Cheers
headofschool:
Can I use parent's bank statement for getting CAS while I use my bank statement for visa application. (Reason being that, parents statement is ready but for visa application I would prefer they send to my account to balance up for me and dependant). will the POF I submitted for school reflect on my CAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ekwuemma(m): 8:38am On Jun 26, 2023
Good morning, I need help. I got 3 unconditional offer from 3 universities, please which one I should I go for. Swansea University, Middlesex University, and University of Essex
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Omoboyeo(m): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2023
good morning , im trying to pay for my tb test this morning , the iom site didnt upload payment , can i pay to their bank account because the already sent me apointment refrence number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ifedayofemi: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

I will assume that your company isn't taking care of your maintenance so will include yours

Your maintenance= minimum £1270
Your Partner= £285
Your child=£315

Total =£1870

That should be the minimum, always go above the minimum requirements.

Same should be in your account for at least 28days and should be available for your use in the UK

2. This is your account please have your normal transactions

Cheers
Thanks for the swift reply...I have 1.5m in my account for the POF,if I use the OANDA rate will it be OK or I need to top it up?and I heard it's it's 1 month of maintenance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by emmyN(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2023
Ifedayofemi:
Thanks for the swift reply...I have 1.5m in my account for the POF,if I use the OANDA rate will it be OK or I need to top it up?and I heard it's it's 1 month of maintenance

No. Check the website, it's almost 1.9 today so it would be safer to make it 2.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kaykay05: 11:05am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello, my wife’s CAS shield was flagged by the school she’s applying to cos they saw on her tb test that she’s pregnant. I want to know, is pregnancy an issue for some uni? And will that make dem deny her the CAS cos they’ve just put her CAS shield on pause for a while now. She has paid £6k deposit and even got a £4k scholarship from the school before this.
Are there schools that don’t have issues with pregnancy that she can still quickly apply to? Or schools that don’t check tb test before issuing CAS?

Please I need help with this, it’s urgent!!!
@duchess and others pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by awesinic: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2023
Good morning Guys!! May we all have reasons to gives thanks to God afterwards.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dotedote: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello Duchess and every other reliable guru in the house. 2 questions pls.
Scenario:
For a dependent spouse whose main applicant's (on a 1yr masters degree course) visa expires January 2024 (7 months from now) ;
(a) How much time does he have to apply for his visa ?

(b) What does his ihs cost ?

(c) What does his visa cost ?

Thanks so so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by alecx: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
governorudeh:

Good evening.....send an email to IOM ABUJA or IOM LAGOS.

Depending on your location.

Attach an Int'lpassport and admission letter to the mail you are sending.

Tell them the date and time you would be attending doing the medicals.

The email of IOM ABUJA is: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

The one of LAGOS is: iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Obehiwhyte: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Francejaik(m): 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

No it isn't

Cheers

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LarbieNesky: 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello everyone. For my visa application, I have a study gap of 10years, I plan to submit my CV and reference letter from my current workplace. Is it also compulsory/necessary to still submit my employment letter or reference letter is just okay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kroey93: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Good day everyone, I’ve been issued CAS already and I’m about to pay deposit for accommodation with the school. Does this mean that I would need to get a new CAS or they would just update the CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by KingCassy(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hi good day all.. please a friend’s form a wasn’t debited fully… there’s a deficit of 750 pounds… pls which apps can one use to complete the schoo fees to the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by solaiphones: 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
this is not allow him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SylvieBret: 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have an urgent question please. The price to be paid to IOM is #57,800 or 150USD. I'll appreciate a quick.answer to this please.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.