Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1005865 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by YinkBim: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
MG007:
Great work you guys are doing here.
I am trying to apply for a student visa(wife) and dependent (myself and our baby). Pof matures in 2 days but unfortunately £2k short of required pof. The pof is in wife’s name( main applicant) , I have about 3m scattered in 3 of my personal Acc which has bn there for abt 28 days. Is it advisable to submit 4 accounts, 1 from wife and the other 3 from myself. Or I should just start the pof all over again in one account ?
since you have about 3m scattered in some accounts, I'll advise you pay additional 2k from her tuition balance and request updated CAS from the institution

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by cristalmedia: 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Mattle:

Any NSF?

Empty NSF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by yomifola(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
YinkBim:
since you have about 3m scattered in some accounts, I'll advise you pay additional 2k from her tuition balance and request updated CAS from the institution

Yeah... That's the best advice I would give too

Use that scattered 3M in ur account to pay for ur school fees just to reduce stress and questions from the embassy.... Simple and straight forward

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ebimone:
Hello everyone,
How long should I wait after an empty nsf mail?

I feel stressed..
Hi, have you gotten feedback after the empty NSF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
To be on the safe side. Avoid microfinance banks. My school specifically said they don't accept microfinance banks.
headofschool:
hearsay abi you saw it on gov.uk any info not on official website is false. Regulated/Verifiable/ Licensed banks only...some MFB are on the list

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MG007: 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
YinkBim:
Thanks for the response, I had to pay the full tuition just to mitigate the exchange rate palava. Tuition paid in full, no other way to supplement

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by westbuoi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Thanks a lot .Much appreciated

duchess90:
Hello

Same for any age

£845 per month if you are studying within London

£680 per month if you are studying outside London

You are expected to have your child's maintenance funds to cover for 9months in the UK

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ebimone: 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
Fraih:

Hi, have you gotten feedback after the empty NSF?

Not yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ebimone:

Not yet
Okay. I think the best bet is to wait
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Empire1959: 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
BRAINNY:
Hello guys, standard service for a student visa (Tier 4) with biometrics captured on May 22nd at Ikeja TLS Centre is still pending. It's been more than a month already; this is taking too long. Pls anyone with a similar experience?
yes I have same experience sim may 24 I haven”t hear from them and it giving me concern
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rittyben(f): 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ebimone:
Hello everyone,
How long should I wait after an empty nsf mail?

I feel stressed..

I know this feeling 😦😦.
Have you gotten any response yet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by steadyMoving22: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
Anyone here who has gotten CAS for university of east london?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Josmila(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
yomifola:

1.... Yes, you must run it for at-least 28days b4 submitting for CAS
2... Yes, you can

Hello yomifola duchess90,

Thanks for all you do here.

Is it possible for the MA to go ahead and process his visa this September due to pausity of funds, and then bring in dependants in say March 2024? Will the new policy affect dependants please?

Looking forward to your feedback.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EzekielBams(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hello Everyone.
I am trying to book my tuberculosis appointment. What visa type am I suppose to choose as the dependent? My wife the Ma can choose student without scholarship right.

Thank You
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by awesinic: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
EzekielBams:
Hello Everyone.
I am trying to book my tuberculosis appointment. What visa type am I suppose to choose as the dependent? My wife the Ma can choose student without scholarship right.

Thank You

MA: student without scholarship
Dependant: settlement and ....

Regards,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OkaliDan: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
Please how many days to get a reply I did my biometrics on 20th of June Abuja tls and it's still at DMC stage
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by EzekielBams(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Thank you for your response. One more question please it is asking for an address in the Uk.

awesinic:

MA: student without scholarship
Dependant: settlement and ....

Regards,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Holashikemi(f): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Put your school address and the contact
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Keemy88:
@duchess90.
You are correct and everyone should take this advice.

It is the naira balance on your POF that is converted to Pounds on oanda converter to determine if you meet or exceed the pounds equivalent.

I was not given CAS because the naira balance on my bank statement fell short and when I looked at the conversion report submitted to me, it was NGN to GBP that was converted.

Apparently, the naira has gained against the pounds in today's rate which is good for us all.

Cheers.

Wahala be like wetin again? 😂😂

So me that used pounds to naira and have done my biometrics, what's my fate? Because I'm sure the other different rate (naira to pounds) won't suffice for my POF. 😂 Egbele!!! 🙆🏾‍♂️
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
Sorry for replying you this late I have not been online.

I didn't submit my NIN as the main applicant. I only submitted for my spouse to show he lives same address with me. Go to any NIN agent or go to NIN office(local government) we got in 3days, 15k

Queenhadassah:

Congratulations! Pls how did you update your NIN? Are you in Lagos? What's the address of the office? How much did you pay? Lastly how long did it take for the address to be updated? Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
I didn't follow any queue. Just got to TLS they allowed us in...in all my process I didn't wait on any queue and there were drinks, tea, coffee, sweet, water to serve ourselves with as VIPsssssssss lol

I paid 47/48k for myself and my dependent

Highlyfavoured3:
Congratulations, pls can you explain the services you got for paying for premium service? Also, how much did you pay for this service, both MA and dependant
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
Locate any NIN agent in your place (maybe go to where one can register sim card and they can direct you) or visit the NIN office (NIN office is located in local government office here in my town) I hope this help you.

bebiee:

Congratulations!!!! Please how did you go about NIN update address?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Episte: 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
visa alert!

Earlier today 27th June 2023, I got a message that my travel documents is ready for collection.

CAS = 14th June 2023.
Application date = 16th June 2023
Biometrics = 21st June 2023
Transferred to DMC = 21st June 2023
No NSF mail
Collection mail - 27th June 2023

Words cannot describe how I feel right now. God’s speed to everyone waiting for their good news

Thanks to the star contributors especially duchess90 Well done guys. You are the best.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Fraih(f): 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
Episte:
visa alert!

Earlier today 27th June 2023, I got a message that my travel documents is ready for collection.

CAS = 14th June 2023.
No NSF mail

Words cannot describe how I feel right now. God’s speed to everyone waiting for their good news

Thanks to the star contributors especially duchess90 Well done guys. You are the best.

So you applied the day oanda rate started increasing and from your previous post, you were already short of like 300k. So means the ECO didn't use the rate of the day you applied 😎
Congratulations 🎉
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by daniella14(f): 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
I tap into your testimony. Same thing is almost happening to me now. I paid for IHS and visa on the 12th June and our bio was on the 23rd June. Application transferred to DMC same 23rd June. Application received by DMC on the 26th June, received Empty NSF same 26th June. Though my dependant didn't receive any mail till now. But I'm a bit worried. What should I do.

But seriously I tap of this good news....
MatrixReloaded:
Congrats weldone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Superex(m): 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Episte:
visa alert!

CAS = 14th June 2023.
No NSF mail

Congrats, was it standard visa or priority visa?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SPDAZZY(f): 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
MG007:

Thanks for the response, I had to pay the full tuition just to mitigate the exchange rate palava. Tuition paid in full, no other way to supplement

I think you can submit them all since the tuition is already paid in full( which I think should also work in your favour). They are your accounts with funds accessible to you.

Moreover, if they didn't want additional accounts, there won't be provision to add more than one bank account.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by skayT: 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Focus99:
Locate any NIN agent in your place (maybe go to where one can register sim card and they can direct you) or visit the NIN office (NIN office is located in local government office here in my town) I hope this help you.

Is it compulsory for both husband and wife to update their house address to same address on their NIN?

Then again, is it part of the visa requirement for a dependent to show an official document that he/she lives at the same address with the spouse?
If yes, which other document can be used apart from NIN?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ebimone: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
rittyben:

I know this feeling 😦😦.
Have you gotten any response yet?

No, I haven’t
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Empire1959: 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
Superex:

Congrats, was it standard visa or priority visa?

Please I did mine 24th of may and I haven’t gotten any email from them is it standard you did ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by solaiphones: 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Empire1959:

Please I did mine 24th of may and I haven’t gotten any email from them is it standard you did ?
Oh pls continue to message them. Hope you used a reliable bank for your pof. They might be waiting to hear from ur bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OkaliDan: 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
I had my bio on the 20th yet to gett any mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.