Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? (34624 Views)

5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Super Eagles Lowest Moment / Which Is More Painful Between Relationship Heartbreak & Betslip? / In Remembrance Of Sam Okwaraji: 5 Facts About Nigeria’s Football Martyr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? by Kog45(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2022
ntyce:
The 94 loss to Italy really hurts.
We were this close.

Italy finally getting to the final made it more painful.
I was like, it could be Us.
No argument....Nig vs Italy should be number one,damn painful,also losing to Tunisia in 1978 with 80,000 spectators cheering was hell.
Re: Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? by allytinted: 9:10am On Aug 07, 2022
My most painful should be between the Afcon 2000 finals against Cameroon and the 1998 world cup match against Denmark. I remembered crying on both occasions. That was when I still had passion watching the super eagles.
Re: Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? by kingmsookwagh(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2022
Damn!

The USA 94 should be it.

That was painfully painful.

Though I was. A child then but I can still see the picture.

Pickin wey grow for Lagos dey quick start to watch television. Can anyone relate?
Re: Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? by lobos18: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2022
All these dey learn for where wafcon superfalcons vs Morocco if you watch these match you will know God needs to come down and end this world as in the world were laughing that they just obviously and videocally robbed those girls which one be two red card still Dem dey find way to give another sef caf was shocked that even Morocco couldn't win those girls and we're looking for var to help them
This was bully
Re: Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? by judedwriter(m): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2022
That 2nd round match with Italy at the world cup was painful.... but the most painful in my memory was that Danish match that ended 4_1 cry
Re: Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? by adedayoa2(f): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2022
seunmsg:
AFCON 2000 final against Cameroon.
I couldn't eat that night.
Re: Top 5 Painful Defeats In Nigeria Football History - Which was more painful? by Noblewealth(m): 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2022
Omo na that Afcon 2000 final... That ikpeba penalty still dey ring for my head.. very painful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Again Iheanacho Scores 2 Goals To Knock Man United Out Of The FA Cup / Ogenyi Onazi Donates N1million To Falcons / FIFA Sanctions Nigeria Over World Cup Fracas In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.