Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? (10831 Views)

Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Baawaa(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2022
That is my version

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Bulletproofgt: 9:47am On Nov 20, 2022
This is mine

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Farid24224(m): 9:47am On Nov 20, 2022
Bible get different version?! undecided

Hah!!!
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2022
Galatians 6 v 7: for whatsoever a man sow, he will reap!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by FashionCookie(f): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2022
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall lack nothing!
Psalms 23 kiss
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by KayCee92(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2022
grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by jamesversion: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2022
Matthew 11:12.

"And from the days of John the Baptist until today, the kingdom of heaven suffers violence and the violent take it by force". undecided
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ISTP: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2022
Goodnews
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by lifenija: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2022
Where he pour his cum on d ground grin

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Munzy14(m): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

So, what version do you enjoy studying?
Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.
Proverbs.. 5 from 16 downwards.. cool
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by GorillaApp(m): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.
Still repping king James version. The effect is profound!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Munzy14(m): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2022
jamesversion:
Matthew 11:12.

"And from the days of John the Baptist until today, the kingdom of heaven suffers violence and the violent take it by force. undecided
Peace is not an option right grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Baawaa(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2022
All these obidense people, they ask them the Bible version they like, they are quoting Bible verses, obidense set of people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Munzy14(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2022
lifenija:
Where he pour his cum on d ground grin
Weyrey grin grin

And the man was struck dead for doing withdrawal instead of pouring it inside..

Maybe withdrawal is a sin.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 20, 2022
NKJV
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by eskuvoisrael(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2022
long I read the bible...I live reading the book of ecclesiastical
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by nnenna311: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2022
I enjoy tha NIV more, because it comes with clear understanding.
minks:

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by eziemich: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2022
Definitely the KJV
I so much love the "thou" "ye" "giveth"
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Win12345: 10:11am On Nov 20, 2022
You must Zac Poonen follower
BigDawsNet:
King James

But now I'm loving American Standard Version
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2022
It’s so glaring that the Bible is man made.

You can twist that book the way it suites you. You can justify ANYTHING with the book.

All those versions all have different agendas.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Win12345: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2022
Authorized King James Version is my first love, still my love, other versions brings more light to it. Peace!!!
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 10:15am On Nov 20, 2022
Try Amplified Bible - Classic Edition

It’s awesome.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Win12345: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2022
All the versions has brought more depth and understanding to those that are being saved and they never contradict each other.
I LOVE THAT AGENDA!
CoronaVirusRelo:
It’s so glaring that the Bible is man made.

You can twist that book the way it suites you. You can justify ANYTHING with the book.

All those versions all have different agendas.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:

I actually like the complexity of the King James Version especially because it confuses me. grin

I want to think and think and think and come to my own understanding.

That's the greatest pleasure for me.

What's the fun in reading in simple English that everything has literally been broken-- pffft. Like I am a kindergarten pupil being spoon-fed?

That's just the way I see it; I don't want a novel.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Starz825(m): 10:19am On Nov 20, 2022
NLT...
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2022
All the books ever written, copied or refined on this planet are OK no matter the religion adherents of the book claim.

But then there is a portion of the Bible that was repeated and i feel all lovers of truth need to give it a thorough meditation:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

According to this passage of the Bible the one and only true God will use His Active Force to gather people during the endtime under one umbrella, they will use what is found written in the scriptures inspired by the God of Jacob to settle all their disparities among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making buying selling and usage of weapons in the hearts millions who are their members globally, they will vow never to raise weapons against anyone again and as for wars or training for war they will say "GOODBYE"

Jesus of Nazareth emphasized on this when he said:

By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Matthew 7:16-18

All the religions on this planet with their books are claiming "representatives of GOD" so which of the books or version has been used to achieve what GOD promised in this our time?

"A good tree will not bear worthless fruit neither will a rotten tree bear good fruit" ~ Jesus of Nazareth

So which book or version has proved to be the GOOD TREE fulfilling what the God of Jacob promised through Isaiah and Micah today? smiley

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Ejiakusmith(m): 10:23am On Nov 20, 2022
King James is the best E no get mate at all ......

but for my study time with God's word is with NLT , NIV
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by LOVEGINO(m): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2022
Wen bros J turn water to wine wink
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 20, 2022
EKONGKING:
Absolutely nothing .

When u have different versions of bible compared to other religion holy book , that itself is a dead give away .

Unless u have pea shaped brain. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well, the simple reason why we have different versions is because

1.English is a dynamic language which changes over time...As an example...read the below

For God so loveth the worlde yt he hath geven his only sonne that none that beleve in him shuld perisshe: but shuld have everlastinge lyfe. For God sent not his sonne into the worlde to condepne the worlde: but that the worlde through him might be saved.

Got it...now read the below

For God louede so the world, that he ȝaf his oon bigetun sone, that ech man that bileueth in him perische not, but haue euerlastynge lijf.

See a lot of differences. (Version 1 is Tyndale's version from the 16th century, version 2 is Wycliffe from 150 years earlier.).

And English is still changing....so to make the word easier...the verisons have to be updated.

Get it.?

2.And whatever the version, the message is still the same.

Interpretation...that's another palaver.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Kinterez(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2022
Psalm 27 - 1....The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by jamesversion: 10:28am On Nov 20, 2022
Munzy14:

Peace is not an option right grin

Never grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where to buy Maca Root Powder, Sea salt, Oregano, Rosemary in Lagos State. / Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.