Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? (10823 Views)

Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Eriokanmi: 10:28am On Nov 20, 2022
KJV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by phemmyfour: 10:28am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

So, what version do you enjoy studying?
Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.
Amplified and NIV. They uses today's English with expand meaning.

KJV is terrible when it comes to interpreting and teaching kids God's word
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by phemmyfour: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Psalm 113, cos it matches my life's storyline
Bible version not favorite chapter
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
NWT WATCHTOWER's version of the Bible used globally by Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

Hmmmm, this is the version of the bible most Muslims like to use to counter the trinity and that's because JW don't believe in the trinity.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Eriokanmi: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2022
phemmyfour:
Bible version not favorite chapter
Oh, KJV. Tnx

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:
When yahweh father was sharing inheritance to small boy yahweh.

Can you share this book with me?
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
grin Even me. I don graduate abi them don add any new book ni?! Same Genesis to Revelation

If you get tutorial videos or text book,you watch it read it often right?

That's because there's always something you miss or you don't understand at that time which will become very clear to you.
. that's why I say read and re-read or watch and rewatch till you understand.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by mrkings84(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2022
When I was a kid it was Jn3v16
As a youth it is Phil.6v19
As a young man it's Job 22v28
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2022
RenerdLiam:

Can you share this book with me?

You see the underline part?

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by mtngloetiartel: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2022
The New World Translation version is the best among all of them. It restored God's personal name Jehovah or Yahweh, as it appears in the original text from which all Bible translators ought to work with. Try find out why the title LORD is used in place of God's personal name in most other translations such as the archaic KJV bible translation.
If you read Psalms 83:18 in your Bible, you will notice that it explicitly revealed God's personal name. This is one of the facts missing in the teachings at the church. The forward or preface page of the KJV bible version explicitly made it clear that wherever you see the word LORD, it replaced God's personal name which is either pronounced as Jehovah or Yahweh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by otuomasirichi: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2022
Psalm 71

I will explain:
whenever you are in danger read Psalm 71. whenever you suspect kidnappers trying to kidnap you, read Psalm 71, you will pass them but they will not notice you.

whenever you are in the hospital and you don't have any money to pay your hospital bills, read Psalm 71, carry your bag on go, you will pass everybody on the way but they won't notice you.

etc.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Hero2t: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2022
They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. Psalm 34:5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

So, what version do you enjoy studying?
Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.

Try to get a Multiversion Bible app and switch versions when you read.....

I do that, and I love all versions as a result.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by BnQoyyim(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2022
Catholics have 46 books, while Protestants have 39.
I wouldn't know which one is completed.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2022
otuomasirichi:
Psalm 71

I will explain:
whenever you are in danger read Psalm 71. whenever you suspect kidnappers trying to kidnap you, read Psalm 71, you will pass them but they will not notice you.

whenever you are in the hospital and you don't have any money to pay your hospital bills, read Psalm 71, carry your bag on go, you will pass everybody on the way but they won't notice you.

etc.

Na waa for you o.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by reeleriksen(m): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2022
2nd Timothy 2;16
Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure having the zeal and let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from all iniquities
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Munzy14(m): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2022
jamesversion:

Never grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy
For outside o..

Not inside house o grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by foolbuster: 10:50am On Nov 20, 2022
"A fool and his money parted ways"
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Alawode01(m): 10:50am On Nov 20, 2022
Kjsrv
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2022
AntiChristian:
Queen James!

Numbers 31:17-18
So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

All boys/men are killed.

All women who had previously had sex were killed. (I still wonder what instrument was used to do this- Sexometer or Vaginometer)

Only virgins were spared!

Numbers 31:35
and 32,000 women who had not slept with a man.

How was this known? Will they have to open them up and use a speculum as in HVS test or what?

Yahweh gets a share of 32 Virgins!
Numbers 31:40
and 16,000 people, including a tribute to the LORD of 32.

No doubt, God is not the author of confusion or nonsense.

As allah and muhammad were both authors of nonsense with the various versions/translations of your quran in the market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Krismas(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:
When yahweh father was sharing inheritance to small boy yahweh.
grin This guy (MUMU) is here again attempting to force his USELESS contemporary new age concept of Jewish deities on the Bible grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Different Versions simply means different Agenda. It means more dissenting voices, more Sects and more Babblers in the body of Christ.

The KJV is the one I use sha.

Which versions/translations of your Quran will you recommend for non-muslims to read?

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by otokx(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2022
KJV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Topiano17(m): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2022
1 corinthian 7 vs 12-16
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 10:59am On Nov 20, 2022
Krismas:
grin This guy (MUMU) is here again attempting to force his USELESS contemporary new age concept of Jewish deities on the Bible grin

smileyThis guy(MUGU) is here worshipping USELESS Israelite god, that he read in a forged jewish book cheesy
Mugu doesn’t know bible means collection of books.
And the Old Testament originally called tanakh is made for Judaism, which christians borrowed from them cheesy

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by lifenija: 11:04am On Nov 20, 2022
Munzy14:

Weyrey grin grin

And the man was struck dead for doing withdrawal instead of pouring it inside..

Maybe withdrawal is a sin.

Yh and God was watching him banging the lady.
grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Tombi: 11:13am On Nov 20, 2022
Heb 13 vs 6
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by gannod(m): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2022
New King James version
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Tombi: 11:15am On Nov 20, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Try to get a Multiversion Bible app and switch versions when you read.....

I do that, and I love all versions as a result.

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by iramure(m): 11:17am On Nov 20, 2022
Bible is the only book translated into almost all the whole languages in the world. Whereas, no any science textbook enjoys same. Is only in the church pastors have interpreter whereas, no one interpretes biology, chemistry, physics geography e.t.c to us in African. No wonder it's only religion we are exporting.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2022
lifenija:
Where he pour his cum on d ground grin

Another comedian

The offence Onan was punished for was denying his late brother a child who would carry his name simply because he hated him.

What God was punishing here was bitterness and hate.

It's not a commentary on cumming. Or lack thereof, or even onanism
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by okenwa216(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2022
Kjv

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service / Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / Is Water Baptism Really Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.