Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? (10785 Views)

Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by arazanbal: 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
The kingdom of God sufferet violence and the violent men taketh it by force
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please can you quote the word "TRINITY" in any version of the Bible? sad

What's the meaning of the word trinity?

Let's start from there first.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by dannex4adx(m): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

So, what version do you enjoy studying?

I love the New King James Version by Scofield
Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Federalis: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2022
John 3:13, that one just stick to my head.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by larrypappyy(m): 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
The living bible
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Aubreville: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
The KJV...notwithstanding the fact that James I was a raging homosexual
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by remsonik(f): 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
I love MSB, AMP, NKJV, versions
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by oluphemmxzy(m): 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
Good new Bible
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Stanbaba30: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
Psalms 118 vs 17..! I shall not die, but live to declare the works of the Lord �
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Cde1: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jesus wept
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Sleekfingers: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

So, what version do you enjoy studying?
Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.

None....it is full of concocted thrash
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by EdiskyHarry: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
Revised standard
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Sarch: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
The Living Bible
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
udemzyudex:

What's the meaning of the word trinity?
Let's start from there first.

Well it's not found anywhere in the Bible though it's an ancient pagan tradition of three gods that are worshiped as equals in different cultures around the world back then!

See below picture:

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Domino18: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
King James version. Poetic and anointed!
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Mamijoh(f): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
Fiscus105:
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. ........John 8:32.
I had to read the Bible chapter you wrote
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Mamijoh(f): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
Richy4:

shocked shocked shocked embarassed
Off course my dear, if you don't
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Mamijoh(f): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
Golden Jubilee
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Fiscus105(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2022
Mamijoh:
I had to read the Bible chapter you wrote

Hope the quote is tally with bible chapter and verse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by mightyleks(m): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
But Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all this things shall be added onto you.

Matthew 6:33

KING JAMES VERSION
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by judedwriter(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
I love the new international version.

But I still prefer the KJV because of its deep spirituality.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well it's not found anywhere in the Bible though it's an ancient pagan tradition of three gods that are worshiped as equals in different cultures around the world back then!

See below picture:

You just ignored my question and talk about a pagan tradition,if that's the case,who were the people worshipping this 3 god's in pagan tradition you mentioned?

But then I want you to read Genesis 1:26 and then read John 1 Vs 1-5

Even in the Qur'an, Muhammad understand the word trinity to be Jesus,his father and Mary the mother.

Now I wonder where you get the 3 pagan gods from, despite the fact that Muhammad was from a pagan house hold he never saw trinity as the worship of 3 pagan gods,I want to know where you got this your analogy from.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Jvas: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Bahamas95(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2022
I read any good version except the ones from those umbrella carrying secret society members.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Smartlux(m): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
Amos 3:3
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ofwest47(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
Versions after Versions in the Bible, there the Greek Versions and there are also the Israeli Jewish Versions of the Bible then as a Christian, which Version will you believe in? unlike the HOLY QURAN no version of the Holy Quran since over 1400 years after God sent it to humanity through the Holy Prophet Muhammad ( Salali Wasalam ) That goes to show that The Holy Quran is the True message from God.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Jumbojax(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2022
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2022
udemzyudex:

You just ignored my question and talk about a pagan tradition,if that's the case,who were the people worshipping this 3 god's in pagan tradition you mentioned?

But then I want you to read Genesis 1:26 and then read John 1 Vs 1-5

Even in the Qur'an, Muhammad understand the word trinity to be Jesus,his father and Mary the mother.

Now I wonder where you get the 3 pagan gods from, despite the fact that Muhammad was from a pagan house hold he never saw trinity as the worship of 3 pagan gods,I want to know where you got this your analogy from.

Google "trinity in ancient pagan traditions"

I told you it's not found in the Bible so there is no reason to be upset about this! undecided

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by tirex(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
Psalm 139:23-24
King James Version
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Gospel2Day: 12:29am On Nov 21, 2022
TooMuchSense1:
I don't read Bible anymore.

Your loss. But you sin more since you quit reading the Bible.
'Thy word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.'
I plead with you to repent and return to reading and obeying the Bible, if you don't want to regret and roast forever and ever in everlasting Lake of Fire.
Shalom.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Gospel2Day: 12:30am On Nov 21, 2022
REVISED STANDARD VERSION (RSV).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. / The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.