Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,517 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? (10834 Views)

Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 20, 2022
iramure:
Bible is the only book translated into almost all the whole languages in the world. Whereas, no any science textbook enjoys same. Is only in the church pastors have interpreter whereas, no one interpretes biology, chemistry, physics geography e.t.c to us in African. No wonder it's only religion we are exporting.

Some traditional religions like Vodun and Yoruba tradtional religion would like a word.

Those two have converts abroad
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2022
1john 11:35.

No time..
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2022
udemzyudex:

Hmmmm, this is the version of the bible most Muslims like to use to counter the trinity and that's because JW don't believe in the trinity.

Please can you quote the word "TRINITY" in any version of the Bible? sad

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Mathiasa(m): 11:31am On Nov 20, 2022
God is love; and he that abideth in love abideth in God, and God abideth in him.
1 John 4:16
I think when u understand this u will understand him better.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Krismas(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

smileyThis guy(MUGU) is here worshipping USELESS Israelite god, that he read in a forged jewish book cheesy
Mugu doesn’t know bible means collection of books.
And the Old Testament originally called tanakh is made for Judaism, which christians borrowed from them cheesy
grin Idiot grin
He is pasting his worthless references again! grin Those are the YEYE PROVES u stake ur sanity on? grin
Listen to urself! I worship a Jewish god? Then why shouldn’t I use a Jewish book?
Idiot! grin I dare u to tell me what god u worship. Let’s see who is more foolish, u or ur god grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Danisaint112(m): 11:38am On Nov 20, 2022
NIV (New International version) is my love. Very simple to understand.
Favourite quotation: Ecclesiastes 10:19
Money the answer to everything...
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by lifenija: 11:38am On Nov 20, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Another comedian

The offence Onan was punished for was denying his late brother a child who would carry his name simply because he hated him.

What God was punishing here was bitterness and hate.

It's not a commentary on cumming. Or lack thereof, or even onanism
. Read it well itk, God was angry at him cause he was pouring it out instead inside.

U just carry quote something n yet don't even know what u talking bout
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ophilly: 11:41am On Nov 20, 2022
Some people don't seem to know the difference between "bible verse" and "bible version"

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udumosam23(m): 11:42am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

So, what version do you enjoy studying?
Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.

I bet you haven't tried the New Living Translation. It takes your understanding of the Bible to a whole new level.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by adeoba2008(m): 11:43am On Nov 20, 2022
GNB
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 11:43am On Nov 20, 2022
Psalm 62 v 8
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 11:44am On Nov 20, 2022
Krismas:
grin Idiot grin
He is pasting his worthless references again! grin Those are the YEYE PROVES u stake ur sanity on? grin
Listen to urself! I worship a Jewish god? Then why shouldn’t I use a Jewish book?
Idiot! grin I dare u to tell me what god u worship. Let’s see who is more foolish, u or ur god grin

Dullard.
You are basing your life on forged books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS, you are basing your life on “bible”. Show us your own “proves” of bible grin
Illiterate doesn’t even know the deity he worships.
The Old Testament you are using is called what?
What language was it written?
Even your savior jesus, is a jew man that obeys SHEMA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shema_Yisrael

You are as useless as your yahweh. After daring we go do truth. wink

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Decapheno(f): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2022
I use the KJV mainly and NLT, MSG or TPT besides it for some things I don't understand. At times, I first read the KJV, then read the same thing with NLT, MSG or TPT. It makes understanding a whole lot easier.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MrBroke(m): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2022
No Version
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by NTOKON: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2022
GOD OPPRESSED THE PROUD BUT GIVE GRACE TO THE HUMBLE
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Franking: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2022
Before you were formed in your mother's womb I knew you.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Krismas(m): 11:55am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

Dullard.
You are basing your life on forged books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS, you are basing your life on “bible”. Show us your own “proves” of bible grin
Illiterate doesn’t even know the deity he worships.
The Old Testament you are using is called what?
What language was it written?
Even your savior jesus, is a jew man that obeys SHEMA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shema_Yisrael

You are as useless as your yahweh. After daring we go do truth. wink
grin U know
I told u once, I don’t even glance at ur WORTHLESS references. Perhaps on other pages I may indulge u, but on a Christian religious page, the Bible is my ONLY REFERENCE. Maybe that might help u to quit pasting nonsense grin Without ur useless references, u naked right?
So, quit blabbing. Let’s hear your own god that isn’t forged. I dare u to discourse your deity grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Banhammy717: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2022
Which of the Bibles are you talking about?
Which of the version?
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2022
Krismas:
grin U know
I told u once, I don’t even glance at ur WORTHLESS references. Perhaps on other pages I may indulge u, but on a Christian religious page, the Bible is my ONLY REFERENCE. Maybe that might help u to quit pasting nonsense grin Without ur useless references, u naked right?
So, quit blabbing. Let’s hear your own god that isn’t forged. I dare u to discourse your deity grin
You didn’t even glance yet you were the one that quoted me cheesy

bible latin bibilia, means collection of books, Old Testament originally called TANAKH was created by the jews for the jews(JUDAISM), centuries before Christianity and New Testament was created in ROME.

Your bible is a forged book written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.
New Testament is the most doctored and edited document in HISTORY!

Keep ranting but that doesn’t change Your yahweh is a common Israelite god.
https://www.worldhistory.org/Yahweh/

You are as useless as your yahweh. After daring we go do truth. grin

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nemesis08(m): 11:58am On Nov 20, 2022
Ecclesiastes 12 to the end
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Krismas(m): 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

You didn’t even glance yet you were the one that quoted me cheesy

bible latin bibilia, means collection of books, Old Testament originally called TANAKH was created by the jews for the jews(JUDAISM), centuries before Christianity and New Testament was created in ROME.

Your bible is a forged book written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.
New Testament is the most doctored and edited document in HISTORY!

Keep ranting but that doesn’t change Your yahweh is a common Israelite god.
https://www.worldhistory.org/Yahweh/
grin Idiot
I see u misunderstand me grin
Ur proves are rubbish. That’s wot am saying. U are Ofcourse entitled to ur twisted opinion of the Bible and Christian Faith. Your ignorance is only exceeded by those authors you prostitute after grin
My major quest right now is to find out wot ur own god is! U like a man critiquing another man’s wife for ugliness grin
Forgetting ur own wife at home, who is the SI unit for UGLINESS. If u cannot tell me who ur god and religious system of believe is at ur next post, then I must assume u are a spineless coward. Talkative mumu grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by AustinoF: 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
KJV
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by adams123: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Does words of GOD ALMIGHTY have version with full of contradiction? Is bible truly the words of GOD or words of men?
Qur'an which contains words of GOD has no version, it is the same all over the world.

My Christian brothers and sisters, please, think and rethink about the true way to attain salvation.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
Krismas:
grin Idiot
I see u misunderstand me grin
Ur proves are rubbish. That’s wot am saying. U are Ofcourse entitled to ur twisted opinion of the Bible and Christian Faith. Your ignorance is only exceeded by those authors you prostitute after grin
My major quest right now is to find out wot ur own god is! U like a man critiquing another man’s wife for ugliness grin
Forgetting ur own wife at home, who is the SI unit for UGLINESS. If u cannot tell me who ur god and religious system of believe is at ur next post, then I must assume u are a spineless coward. Talkative mumu grin

Illiterate know the difference better “proof” and “prove”. cheesy. After that learn what “bible” means.
The first and original New Testament called codex sinaiticus is the most edited and doctored document in history, not to forget it was written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS and that’s what you are basing your life on, dumb yahweh worshipper bwahahahah

Illiterate, what’s the origin of the word “god”?
Ignorant dunce, why don’t you pray to your Israelite deity to tell you? grin

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Krismas(m): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

Illiterate know the difference better “proof” and “prove”. cheesy. After that learn what “bible” means.
The first and original New Testament called codex sinaiticus is the most edited and doctored document in history, not to forget it was written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS and that’s what you are basing your life on, dumb yahweh worshipper bwahahahah

Illiterate, what’s the origin of the word “god”?
grin LOL
U make me laugh out so loud!
U must have a latent talent at comedy!
U just ranting. U have nothing to offer.
Spineless coward. Thanks and bye.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2022
Krismas:
grin LOL
U make me laugh out so loud!
U must have a latent talent at comedy!
U just ranting. U have nothing to offer.
Spineless coward. Thanks and bye.

it really shows you are “laughing out so loud”. cheesy
You are just ignorantly blabbing about the deities you worship with zero knowledge of it.

Dunce doesn’t even know what “bible” means bwahahahah. Just doing follow follow like a brainwashed sheep!

You are as useless as your Yahweh, lowlife dejects, thanks and bye.

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Mercury12(m): 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.
I prefer the new king James version. . .
As for the new NIV stay away from that new version. It has been tampered with by Satanist. Carry out research on it if you have doubt

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by GeneralB: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
Ecclesiastics 9:11

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by sholay2011(m): 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
New King James Version
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Mryacks: 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2022
minks:

NIV....so easy for me to read and comphrehend with the help of the holy spirit

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by theforemost: 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
So the supposed divine and holy bible gets versions?

Yet there are so many contradictions between versions.
The unholy book should be banned. It's a deceptive book
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
lifenija:
. Read it well itk, God was angry at him cause he was pouring it out instead inside.

U just carry quote something n yet don't even know what u talking bout

Okay, time for BIBLE LECTURES, with Professor Kobonaire...DSC, HPD, THM, SCM, RRR, R34M, ECH.

First off.....I am not here to defend the bible as a PURE BOOK THAT HAS NO SEX IN IT. It would be crap to say so.

Second...here is the offending verse. Genesis 38 v 9

8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.”

In other words...sleep with your bro's wife (levirate marriage...quite common in those days, remember that society was different)...and get her pregnant, and she would have a child that would be your brother's.

(We are not here to discuss the weirdness of such a custom...for now)...

So..Onan was supposed to marry his late brother's wifey, and the first child would be his brother's ...so that his bro's name would not die out.

9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother.

In other words, because of malice, he refused to get his sister pregnant because....he did not want to provide offspring for his brother's lineage.
The person that does this...obviously hates his brother. There must have been some ....issues.

10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also

In other words...by denying his brother offspring...to continue his brother's lineage...was a bad thing....so God dealt with him

So, as we can see ...he was not punished for the act of spilling his semen (other wise God would have wiped out mankind for the number of times we have spilled semem over the time)...he was punished for the fact that spilling his semem...DENIED HIS LATE BROTHER A CHILD TO CARRY SAID BROTHER'S NAME.

If you don't get it , sorry. And if you keep on insisting...remember that I am not here to write a treatsie against masturbation...if you wanna masturbate, you can do it all day long. But God did not punish Onan for masturbating...he punished him for denying his late brother a child to continue his name,,,

Let's not forget.....Tamar, the woman in question...if Onan refuses to get her pregnant....she would have been in serious trouble as a barren woman in a society and time that valued producing children very very well...plus with the high child mortality of those days, having kids was very important for family lineages, and numbers.

Yet Onan was so bitter towards his late brother, and did not want his bro to have a child...that he was willing to throw that chance away, and make a poor woman bear a lot of stigma.

Again, if you like, keep on insisting , contrary to evidence, that...it was because he spilled his stuff. Well, it was because of the consequences of spilling his stuff...not for the act thereof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where to buy Maca Root Powder, Sea salt, Oregano, Rosemary in Lagos State. / Catholic Church Blasts Lagos Lawmakers Over Cremation Bill / Is Drinking Of Palmwine A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.