Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? (10828 Views)

Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 2:06am On Nov 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Google "trinity in ancient pagan traditions"

I told you it's not found in the Bible so there is no reason to be upset about this! undecided

If trinity is not found in the Bible, where's is this 3 pagan tradition found in the Bible?

I gave you some bible reference,I want us to give me a Bible reference too,and in fact you can do it from your JW bible because I already know where you will go to,but I want a reference even at that.
I asked you a simple question and you're saying there's is no reason to be upset about this,who told you I'm upset?

What type of game are you trying to play, bringing in this unnecessary talk just to deviate from the question huh?
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by TooMuchSense1(m): 3:10am On Nov 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Your loss. But you sin more since you quit reading the Bible.
'Thy word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.'
I plead with you to repent and return to reading and obeying the Bible, if you don't want to regret and roast forever and ever in everlasting Lake of Fire .
Shalom.
One of the reasons I stopped reading the Bible (and stopped being a Christian) is because of the senselessness and wickedness of the bolded statement. How/why will a loving, kind God condemn people to hell to burn forever just because they found it difficult (as a result of the nature he created them with) to live up to his expectations/demands? I realized overtime that the idea of heaven and hell is completely false. There's nothing like those two places. Human beings made up those ideas because it seems to serve as reward and punishment (for those that do good and the evil doers), which may seem to make some sense on the surface.
But the truth my friend is that there is no heaven, no hell, no Satan and most probably no God. We are only different from the animals in terms of our intelligence (as a result of evolution). In other areas, we are no different. We die as they die. Ask yourself what exactly will humans be doing in heaven? Ask yourself if ALL our forefathers who lived before Christianity was brought to Africa will have to go to hell because they didn't read the bible or because they weren't christians? Ask yourself if billions of Muslims living today will all go to hell because they don't believe what you believe?
I only believe in living a moral life where you treat others how you want them to treat you, and that's ALL WE ALL NEED TO LEARN TO DO, it's all that matters.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by tunwumi: 5:12am On Nov 21, 2022
For answer to your questions I suggest Leviticus. Read it one or two doctrine may help you.

AntiChristian:
Queen James!

Numbers 31:17-18
So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

All boys/men are killed.

All women who had previously had sex were killed. (I still wonder what instrument was used to do this- Sexometer or Vaginometer)

Only virgins were spared!

Numbers 31:35
and 32,000 women who had not slept with a man.

How was this known? Will they have to open them up and use a speculum as in HVS test or what?

Yahweh gets a share of 32 Virgins!
Numbers 31:40
and 16,000 people, including a tribute to the LORD of 32.

No doubt, God is not the author of confusion or nonsense.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2022
udemzyu.dex:

If trinity is not found in the Bible, where's is this 3 pagan tradition found in the Bible?

I gave you some bible reference,I want us to give me a Bible reference too,and in fact you can do it from your JW bible because I already know where you will go to,but I want a reference even at that.
I asked you a simple question and you're saying there's is no reason to be upset about this,who told you I'm upset?

What type of game are you trying to play, bringing in this unnecessary talk just to deviate from the question huh?

ÀBÚRÒ ÌYÀWÓ BABALÁWO MaxInDHouse shey you see your life outside, dodging questions, using different run-away tactics e.g. Mat. 7:7 to avoid answering questions, you see yourself nau as you are disgracing your religion, JWs
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MrPresident1: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Your loss. But you sin more since you quit reading the Bible.
'Thy word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.'
I plead with you to repent and return to reading and obeying the Bible, if you don't want to regret and roast forever and ever in everlasting Lake of Fire.
Shalom.

See what this criminal has turned the image of the ever loving, ever merciful, ever kind, ever pitiful God into?

None of you criminals will escape judgment. It is the promise of God to you angry
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by johnaruson(m): 8:54am On Nov 21, 2022
James 1:27, ESV: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by AntiChristian: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2022
tunwumi:
For answer to your questions I suggest Leviticus. Read it one or two doctrine may help you.

Leviticus What verses what? Abi an all of Leviticus?
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Gospel2Day: 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
MrPresident1:

See what this criminal has turned the image of the ever loving, ever merciful, ever kind, ever pitiful God into?

None of you criminals will escape judgment. It is the promise of God to you angry

You keep confirming the obvious fact that you need serious and urgent redemption and rehabilitation of your lost soul.
Shalom.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Gospel2Day: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
TooMuchSense1:

One of the reasons I stopped reading the Bible (and stopped being a Christian) is because of the senselessness and wickedness of the bolded statement. How/why will a loving, kind God condemn people to hell to burn forever just because they found it difficult (as a result of the nature he created them with) to live up to his expectations/demands? I realized overtime that the idea of heaven and hell is completely false. There's nothing like those two places. Human beings made up those ideas because it seems to serve as reward and punishment (for those that do good and the evil doers), which may seem to make some sense on the surface.
But the truth my friend is that there is no heaven, no hell, no Satan and most probably no God. We are only different from the animals in terms of our intelligence (as a result of evolution). In other areas, we are no different. We die as they die. Ask yourself what exactly will humans be doing in heaven? Ask yourself if ALL our forefathers who lived before Christianity was brought to Africa will have to go to hell because they didn't read the bible or because they weren't christians? Ask yourself if billions of Muslims living today will all go to hell because they don't believe what you believe?
I only believe in living a moral life where you treat others how you want them to treat you, and that's ALL WE ALL NEED TO LEARN TO DO, it's all that matters.

I pity your ignorant and deceived soul.
Whether you believe in Hell or in God or not, when you die without Jesus, you will find out to your eternal regrets that Hell fire exists.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by TooMuchSense1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:

I pity your ignorant and deceived soul.
Whether you believe in Hell or in God or not, when you die without Jesus, you will find out to your eternal regrets that Hell fire exists.
grin grin You sound like you actually want me to go to hell.
How can you even comfortably believe that a LOVING GOD will send people to hell TO BURN FOREVER?
Use your brain man. There is no hell, there is no heaven; when we die here, that's the end (just as it is for other animals)
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by tunwumi: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
Leviticus What verses what? Abi an all of Leviticus?

Read all for understanding.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by AntiChristian: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2022
tunwumi:

Read all for understanding.

No time to waste!
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by tunwumi: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

No time to waste!

Sorry I can't help you
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by AntiChristian: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2022
tunwumi:

Sorry I can't help you

Your help isn't needed!
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MrPresident1: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:

You keep confirming the obvious fact that you need serious and urgent redemption and rehabilitation of your lost soul.
Shalom.

dog
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by tunwumi: 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
undecided
AntiChristian:

Your help isn't needed!
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:43am On Nov 22, 2022
udemzyudex:

Since the word TRINITY is not found in the Bible then asking me it's meaning calls for the history or origin of TRINITY and that what i just told you! smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 6:24am On Nov 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Since the word TRINITY is not found in the Bible then asking me it's meaning calls for the history or origin of TRINITY and that what i just told you! smiley

Not found in your own bible, because I already gave you reference in my Bible.

Since you're talking about history,I already gave an example from another book, stating that even Muhammad who comes from a pagan origin, describe the trinity as Jesus,the father and his mother Mary, even though other verses in the Qur'an also talked about the word of God, Jesus and the holy spirit.

Since you say it is not found in the Bible and you gave me a claim outside the bible how is that possible,I thought you would have quoted a Bible verse especially in your own bible refuting the claim of trinity in the Bible.

You see why I don't take JW seriously.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03am On Nov 22, 2022
udemzyudex:

Not found in your own bible, because I already gave you reference in my Bible.

Don't lie nah!

You don't have to start twisting what is written in God's word, i say quote any version as in ANY VERSION of the Bible where the word "TRINITY" is found written, that's all. undecided
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 8:25am On Nov 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Don't lie nah!

You don't have to start twisting what is written in God's word, i say quote any version as in ANY VERSION of the Bible where the word "TRINITY" is found written, that's all. undecided

You're going back to zero,you asked this same question the first time and I asked you what do you understand by the word trinity and you brought up one pagan nonsense.

Now you're taking me back to Square one,i already gave you some bible reference but then I want you to tell me the meaning of trinity from your own understanding.

Because I want you to really want to know your own understanding of the word trinity, “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

So I want your own personal understanding of the word trinity before I go further but before then I want you to give me your own reference from your own Bible where it says the word trinity doesn't exist.

Don't beat around the bush because I know you're not a kid,let's have a meaningful discussion here.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2022
udemzyudex:

You're going back to zero,you asked this same question the first time and I asked you what do you understand by the word trinity and you brought up one pagan nonsense.

Now you're taking me back to Square one,i already gave you some bible reference but then I want you to tell me the meaning of trinity from your own understanding.

Because I want you to really want to know your own understanding of the word trinity, “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

So I want your own personal understanding of the word trinity before I go further but before then I want you to give me your own reference from your own Bible where it says the word trinity doesn't exist.

Don't beat around the bush because I know you're not a kid,let's have a meaningful discussion here.

Guy TRINITY no dey inside Bible, period! smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Gospel2Day: 11:50am On Nov 22, 2022
MrPresident1:

dog

May the good Lord have mercy on your perverse soul and banish the demons of dogs possessing you that make you see people as dogs.
I pity your condition.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Gospel2Day: 11:58am On Nov 22, 2022
TooMuchSense1:

grin grin You sound like you actually want me to go to hell.
How can you even comfortably believe that a LOVING GOD will send people to hell TO BURN FOREVER?
Use your brain man. There is no hell, there is no heaven; when we die here, that's the end (just as it is for other animals)

You may believe you are an animal.
I am NOT an animal. I am human, with a spirit having a soul living in a body.
Animals are not created in the image of God like humans.
If you say there is no heaven, you also mean by inference that there is NO GOD.
The Bible says 'A fool says in his heart that there is no God.'
Also, you mean by your denial of heaven and hell that God is a liar and the Bible is a compendium of lies and deceits.
You this guy you're playing with fire that will burn you for endless eternity.
I plead with you to give your life to Jesus.
You can't endure the horrors and terrors of Hell fire for even 30 seconds.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Guy TRINITY no dey inside Bible, period! smiley

I think say you're up for the conversation,na now i know say you're not up for the task..
Enjoy reading your JW bible.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
udemzyudex:

I think say you're up for the conversation,na now i know say you're not up for the task..
Enjoy reading your JW bible.

You can't find TRINITY in any version of the Bible so it's alien to God's word! smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by udemzyudex(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You can't find TRINITY in any version of the Bible so it's alien to God's word! smiley

No need going up and down with you if you can't give me a simple explanation.

You've refused to answer my question and you keep ranting about trinity not being in the Bible.

I asked you a simple question,what do you understand by the word trinity, because I'll need to get your understanding so when I begin to show you where trinity is in the bible you will understand me better.

Secondly,since you claim there is no trinity in the Bible,show me in the bible where it says there's nothing nothing like trinity.

If you can't answer this two simple questions then you're just a waste of time.

If you answer this question,I'm going to give you references of the word trinity in the bible but first let's start with the word trinity.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
udemzyudex:

No need going up and down with you if you can't give me a simple explanation.

You've refused to answer my question and you keep ranting about trinity not being in the Bible.

I asked you a simple question,what do you understand by the word trinity, because I'll need to get your understanding so when I begin to show you where trinity is in the bible you will understand me better.

Secondly,since you claim there is no trinity in the Bible,show me in the bible where it says there's nothing nothing like trinity.

If you can't answer this two simple questions then you're just a waste of time.

If you answer this question,I'm going to give you references of the word trinity in the bible but first let's start with the word trinity.

Ọmọ no need for blind argument, TRINITY no dey inside Bible! wink
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MrPresident1: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2022
Gospel2Day:

May the good Lord have mercy on your perverse soul and banish the demons of dogs possessing you that make you see people as dogs.
I pity your condition.

dog the servant of dog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / Is Water Baptism Really Important? / Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.