Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? (44315 Views)

Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. / Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo / She Married My Best Man Without Divorcing Me - Nigerian Husband Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by obaaderemi: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
latolz:
You are in the wrong church and with the wrong wife.. You will come out of this.. Been there before and even owed 1.8M but eventually came out.. You are trying your best yet not appreciated.. Do your best and be happy God will come through.. If you make 100 of millions tomorrow bone that wife, she ain't worth it.. A woman that can watch you sinking and leave should never be a co-pilot when you buy a ship to sail..
True words. The church people no try at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by TheGift: 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
obaaderemi:
Now, he can be blamed for putting them in the situation. I am more than 50% sure he spent most of that money on his wife. From what he wrote, the woman wasn't working before and was just freeloading off him as per wife- husband thing. grin He even had to assure her that getting a teaching job was a temporary thing, he would hustle for money to give her a poultry. May God let him live long. He is worshipping her.

Like seriously@ bolded! grin Are you sure you read his post? His major source of livelihood was stolen. That alone can demoralize an individual and lead to a few unwise decisions. People are going through a lot. The wife should understand that.

It is not really the woman planning to leave that I'm against. It's the attitude behind it. How can you begin to shun your husband in public because he is a debtor? This is the time he needs loved ones around him most. Now, if things turn around then she will come back and they will start enjoying it together. E kare. grin I can also distance myself from a disgraced person if he has always been a bad person but not a man who has always tried to hold things together for his family.
.If the man needed to be by himself at a time like this, he would be the one to suggest it, and even jump at the woman's idea. But he knows better. That's why he is feeling low about it. That doesn't look like a woman trying to give a troubled man space, she is giving herself space from a man she has been ashamed to associate with lately.
Loneliness will make his mental health worse. Unless he is the one who wants that space. If a woman has a problem and the husband says, 'Let me leave you in the house so that you can sort yourself out.' How does that sound.
We know. They should slug it out together. The wife has a #20,000 job. The man should go and get a job too instead of lamenting here. He should forget about loan apps or trying to start a business.
If she truly loves him and she is not a Fairweather wife, she should stick by him if he is a man who is honest and respects her. That man may commit suicide if he is too lonely.

Well done ooo. You really took your time.

No further comments, Mi Lord.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by eldajoh(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
"Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee." Jeremiah 32:17

When we look at the world with all of its trials, troubles, tribulations, and heartaches; we sometimes ask: "Where is God? Why doesn't He do something?" Is it that God is not able? Is the situation too large or too difficult for God?

Crosswalk.comPlusToggle navigation
There is Nothing Too Hard for God
12 Jul
"Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee." Jeremiah 32:17

When we look at the world with all of its trials, troubles, tribulations, and heartaches; we sometimes ask: "Where is God? Why doesn't He do something?" Is it that God is not able? Is the situation too large or too difficult for God?

The Majesty of God's Limitless Power

God told Abraham that he was going to have a son in his old age, and Abraham was a little quizzical about it. In Genesis18: 14, God asked Abraham, "Is anything too hard for the LORD?" Later, Jeremiah gives the answer: "There is nothing too hard for thee."

There is no promise too hard for God to keep. There are over thirty thousand promises in the Bible, and God will keep His Word. If God made the promise, He cannot lie. There is no promise too hard for God to keep.

There's no prayer too hard for God to answer. Jesus said in Matthew 21:22, "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." When you ask in prayer and believe, you'll receive.
There is no problem too hard for God to solve. God specializes in things that seem impossible. Now God may not solve your problem the way you want Him to, but there's no problem too hard for God to solve.
There's no person too hard for God to save. God can save anyone if he'll come to Him.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by xandy84: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
Our problem is not sex but religion. I have friends that tell me they can't afford kids and hereby not having one anytime soon. Some Nigerians will tell you God will provide each kids you have hereby shifting the responsibility to God. Average American have sex more than average Nigeria but still, we reproduce like termite. The moment I checked UK population in 1960 and 2022 and compared it with Nigeria, I almost faint. Nigeria gained 180 million people.... Wow

samuelson06:

Poor people like having too many children because they see sex as a consolation to their troubles. And most times, they intentionally ignore contraceptives.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by SlayerOfSatanst: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2022
satandeterrible:

Who be this fool?
No man has any right to nartu when earning below 100k but women have right to marry while broke abi?
You dey craze idiot.
Rocktation Farano Mynd44 lalasticlala dominique justwise mukina2 OAM4J Seun rule 2 broken.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by KashCash: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2022
Cheeryfeet:

Get the job bro. Don't be discouraged. Allow your wife to go back to her parents place for a while so you can figure your self out. They loan apps have already done their worst. All you can do now is change environment after things have picked up a while for you. Join a good church that will be there for you, advice find Dominion City church around you. Stop borrowing from the loan apps. Lastly pray earnestly to God, with time it will all be a story. While you are at the work, be paying off the loans but by bit an be open to opportunities. Suicide is the worst, don't think about it

Sir/ma,are you a member of dominion city?
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by obaaderemi: 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
TheGift:

Well done ooo. You really took your time.

No further comments, Mi Lord.
Like you took your time too, milady. wink Enjoy the rest of your day. No more comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by VenumX: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sad.

Please hold on tight. Allow your wife stay with her parents.

It's in situations like this I wish I had the power to help.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Orgym(m): 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Am not in the mood to type much. However, I will prefer we talk as man to man. You can send a mail to me.

samuelson06:
I sense conflict: Your story doesn't reflect you. You sound like an intelligent person but tell a story of a foolish person.

You can't sound the way you do, and be messing things up with your life. I don't see any correlation and as such I don't believe your story.

But if at all you think you are right, let the woman go so you can face your life as a single person. She's doing you a favor. Don't use someone's child to console your present circumstances. I can understand how hustlers can pound on a woman like they are the source of their troubles. Let her go so you can save, pay your debts, and improve your life.

Everyone has a right to association and they can choose to leave when they want the moment they find out the relationship isn't serving their interest. Let her go. She has every right to stay or leave.

No tangible means of livelihood, but you got married. Now, the chips are down and you are wailing. Is that how to plan to succeed or you were planning to fail? So, what exactly do you want? Manner from heaven? No!

Look, no man has any right to get married when they're earning below 100k naira. Stop inviting poverty into your life. It's easy to fall in life but hard to rise. Right now, you must accept your situation and stop this self-pity.

Sit down and plan your life. Disregard your age and gain some stamina before looking for another woman because this one is probably leaving and may not return.

I see you like an intelligent chap. Get in touch let's work out something. But I have a feeling you are not sincere. If ever you are, let's talk. I can promise it's going to make sense to you. Every big thing starts small. Don't be afraid to start all over again.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by ublight: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
The poverty in this country is pathetic, ridiculous, and it causes one's heart to be crestfallen.

In fact, I am not even sure which is which. Is it the poverty or the abysmal attitude of every single person that commented on this post.

No one could give the op any cash, even 1k. Where is the sympathy?

Some people were trying to be spiritual by saying he should pray... What nonsense. Don't you know that there is time for everything?

Is every one here so poor that no one could assist the op?

I can't wrap my head around this.

Some people had the guts to use the same fingers they use in masturbating and picking their nose to fault the poor guy and condemn him for his situation.

Does anyone wish to be in such a situation?

All of you are mentally deranged, poverty stricken, empty in minds, destitute of sympathy, depraved souls, foolish and above all zombies.

One idiot even asked for his account number, and I'm sure was only doing it to ridicule the guy. (Oduduwa707)

Op check your email let me see how much I can assist you with. These fools will do nothing but read your story and post it on their WhatsApp story.

Nigeria will never be better with such unhealthy attitude all of you displayed here.

Rascals

Spits
Modified
Because of this any nairalander that emails me to show him or her arbitrage betting is getting a straight block from me.
Make una go mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by ublight: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
samuelson06:
I sense conflict: Your story doesn't reflect you. You sound like an intelligent person but tell a story of a foolish person.

You can't sound the way you do, and be messing things up with your life. I don't see any correlation and as such I don't believe your story.

I see you like an intelligent chap. Get in touch let's work out something. But I have a feeling you are not sincere. If ever you are, let's talk. I can promise it's going to make sense to you. Every big thing starts small. Don't be afraid to start all over again.

You strike me like an idiot. Your comment here annoys me the most. You just don't know d time to scold.
By the way what have you done for him cos I am sure he has reached out to you.
You are an idiot.

You just wanted to get cheap likes. You will not go far in life.
For you to condemn the op in such a manner when all he needs now is love and sympathy. You are a never do well
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by ublight: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
eldajoh:

Crosswalk.comPlusToggle navigation
12 Jul

There's no prayer too hard for God to answer. Jesus said in Matthew 21:22, "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." When you ask in prayer and believe, you'll receive.
There is no problem too hard for God to solve. God specializes in things that seem impossible. Now God may not solve your problem the way you want Him to, but there's no problem too hard for God to solve.
There's no person too hard for God to save. God can save anyone if he'll come to Him.

You are an irredeemable disgusting pig. Your life is in a terrible condition.
Have you not read d book of James where he says if someone is hungry and comes to you, don't just pray for him but give him food?

You are a waste of God's grace. Your father should have ejaculated you in a condom.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by ublight: 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
Peterpanny:
just take rope,hang yourself and you are good to go.since you can't be man enough and face your challenges,get a rope and hang yourself.

A lizard is wiser than your entire generation.
You are an offspring of a demented cow for saying that
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Ablegod2022: 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2022
Watsap me here: 0-7-0-4-8-3-1-6-3-2-7, let's talk.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Ablegod2022: 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2022
0-7-0-4-8-3-1-6-3-2-7
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Peterpanny: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
ublight:

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Antihypocrite: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
kclily:
Hello, I have a Job for you as dispatch rider for 5Ok.Let me know if you are interested.

Please I am very interested. What's the location

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Peterpanny: 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
ublight:

poor and frustrated soul.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
VeeBuzzer:

I'm sorry you are passing through this.
You remind me of myself few years back, but God saved me through someone.
I will like to help you start what Im currently doing that is helping me in this hard times.
I will put you through and give you capital to start it, then you pay me back when you balance on your feet.
Reply to my comment if you're interested, then I will contact you privately through your nairaland email.

Please desist from thinking of suicide. As long as you're alive, there is hope.
Sorry I'm quoting you but I'm in a similar position. Not asking for financial assistance but to know just how you got out of this mess. I will be glad if you can assist

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by ublight: 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2022
Peterpanny:
poor and frustrated soul.

It runs in your family.

It is actually the only thing that has successfully been passed down your lineage.

U will soon run mad. Child of a devastation
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by kclily: 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Please I am very interested. What's the location

Location is Surulere Lagos Nigeria.Email me at lionpridefinancial7@gmail.com and I will give you my wassup number so we can chat further.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Clinghton: 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
If your wife isn't helping you let her go, calm yourself and think of a solution to your problems.

Suicide is never an option, you're not a coward.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by ublight: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Endtime123 has said nothing yet
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Hemustprevail: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Sir I heard they automatically debit accounts. I can't just forget it.

That means your Bank card is currently compromised.... You have given your information as a collateral to the loan apps, so they can deduct money from your account without your authorisation....

Well you can change your bank credit card.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Saintinoo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Nebes:
Be doing whatever your hands find to do but start tithing. Your giving is your ladder out of this hole.
If you don't have energy to pray, attach yourself to those who have.

Oga person say him dey owe loan shark, you say make him give money for church, him never even chop.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by GodisFirst: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
I do not know the town you are living, but I will suggest that you relocate temporarily to a new place where where you can comfortably take up some menial jobs and get yourself back on feet.
Look for site where they are doing building construction, meet with the Foreman there, tell him you want to work as a laborer to enable you clear your debts. You may spend nights in the site and go home at intervals. Ensure you don't spend extravagantly at the site.
If you are strong and hard working, you can finish clearing this debt of 320k in two months. All you need to do is keep yourself safe will at work.
Trust me.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Starz825(m): 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:
I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years altogether. She was and is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't know where to start from, I can't come to terms with the fact that my wife is leaving.

Guys, I think the problem started last year after some hoodlums stole my bike. That was my major source of livelihood apart from some home lessons that I used to do, but stopped due to health reasons.

It's been difficult financially and I honestly don't know what else to do.

Shortly after my bike was stolen, I got a loan from lapo and added with my little savings to enter palm oil business. I wish I had not done so as I ended up losing about 80k because the guy I worked with cheated me whole heartedly.

My wife had to get a job as a teacher in a private primary school. I told her it was just temporary as I was working to raise money for her start a poultry.

In order to clear the lapo loan, I had to do odd jobs and take loan from loan apps. My wife's little salary of 20k became the major source of feeding while I battled to clear the loan.

Sometimes I would borrow from friends to pay the loan app to be able to borrow a higher amount from the loan apps again. This was a mistake and a trap cos now I am so much indebted to these loan apps. I am even owing some friends and right now I am unable to pay back.

I have been in debt for over 8 months now to these loan apps. They have tarnished my Image to all my contacts.

I even stopped going to church because most of my church members who received messages from these loan apps did not even care to hear me out. They believed the loan apps that I am a fraudster on the run.

My wife started feeling ashamed of me. She stopped associating with me in public spaces. I know she has tried. Nobody deserves to pass through what she is passing through.

This afternoon when she came back from work, she told me that she would be going back to her parents house

She said that it is best she goes back to her people until I am able to sort my self out.

Guys I have tried to be strong for so long. Right now I don't think I can hold on anymore. I have always believed that things would turn out well, but right now I am in a low place. I don't know how long I can hold on again.

Last month I tried to even get a security job that pays 25k monthly. But I feel so discouraged to do the job. How long will I work to clear a loan of 320k that keeps adding interest daily.

Thoughts of suicide have been crossing my mind today. I really need help

What can I do? I don't even have the energy to pray. Has anyone ever been in my shoes? If yes how did you come out?
To say I have been in your position is an understatement.....
I did an investment business worth over 5m...and lost them all last year...the guy that was handling it..just decided to stop then boom...my money 1m and people's money 4m burst....
Omooo...I nearly died.....I stopped going to church..I stopped being happy.....I became the shadow of myself..
I hated everything...I hated being alive..the only reason I decided not to take my life was the fact I go still die someday...so I don't need to fast track it......I withdrew myself totally from Whatsapp..
All of my creditors started Calling, threatening....life became something else.... I have never been in such shit in my life....
And I can tell you that ..as much as last year was an horrible year...was still the best year so far that I learnt the greatest lessons of life....

Omooo...your challenges are there to teach you some lessons...just take note of those lessons..it will help you after the whole drama ends ..it will surely end ....

Let your wife go..if she wants . Cos you know you need some space rn...you need to start again and start believing... that's the only way up ...

If you think you can do without God as things stand because of your troubling situation..you will be very wrong...you will only add to your problems......

After that shit happened..I stopped praying ..i stopped church,i stopped seeing God....I started drinking...I started seeing girls... thinking life is shit... thinking upon all my sacrifices and believing....I still ended up losing to fraudsters.... then another tragedy struck ..I had a terrible accident going home from work....I nearly lost my life...but God did save me.... wasn't nobody but him.... that was when I learnt another lesson...that no matter what you go through.. don't ever I repeat don't ever do without God (that's the time you need him the most..it's not always easy but you need to see it that way) ..cos you could even experience worse things than your past

So I'm back to my feet... dreaming,believing in God and making progress....
I thank God man..

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by efficiencie(m): 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
(1) You need spiritual cleansing. Go for deliverance. (2) Your wife is proposing to leave you at the point of struggle. Let her leave but never accept her back when you rise again all by yourself. If you accept her again then you are a fool that will plunge into a failure again. (3) Keep quiet and stop sharing your plans and moves with anyone and when I say anyone, I mean anyone, including your relatives, siblings or your so called wife. (4) Change your environment, retract from your friends...it is better to be in isolation and be unpredictable than to be surrounding by friends who may be spies. (5) Have mercy on the poor if you want God to have mercy on you.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Nebes: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2022
Saintinoo:

Oga person say him dey owe loan shark, you say make him give money for church, him never even chop.

I was owing loan sharks not too long ago. I got the same advice I gave him. Long story short, I've paid them off and I'm on an upward rise.

I remember how hard I laughed the day I got a call and it was one of the loan sharks. The lady said they were just checking up on me and she was begging me to use their services. I've deleted all the apps and I pray never to go back to them.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Kambols95(m): 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
What a sad story
U shall over come it
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Kambols95(m): 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2022
What a sad story
You shall overcome it
Continued hustling and discipline will help you solve this quagmire

Antihypocrite:
I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years altogether. She was and is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't know where to start from, I can't come to terms with the fact that my wife is leaving.

Guys, I think the problem started last year after some hoodlums stole my bike. That was my major source of livelihood apart from some home lessons that I used to do, but stopped due to health reasons.

It's been difficult financially and I honestly don't know what else to do.

Shortly after my bike was stolen, I got a loan from lapo and added with my little savings to enter palm oil business. I wish I had not done so as I ended up losing about 80k because the guy I worked with cheated me whole heartedly.

My wife had to get a job as a teacher in a private primary school. I told her it was just temporary as I was working to raise money for her start a poultry.

In order to clear the lapo loan, I had to do odd jobs and take loan from loan apps. My wife's little salary of 20k became the major source of feeding while I battled to clear the loan.

Sometimes I would borrow from friends to pay the loan app to be able to borrow a higher amount from the loan apps again. This was a mistake and a trap cos now I am so much indebted to these loan apps. I am even owing some friends and right now I am unable to pay back.

I have been in debt for over 8 months now to these loan apps. They have tarnished my Image to all my contacts.

I even stopped going to church because most of my church members who received messages from these loan apps did not even care to hear me out. They believed the loan apps that I am a fraudster on the run.

My wife started feeling ashamed of me. She stopped associating with me in public spaces. I know she has tried. Nobody deserves to pass through what she is passing through.

This afternoon when she came back from work, she told me that she would be going back to her parents house

She said that it is best she goes back to her people until I am able to sort my self out.

Guys I have tried to be strong for so long. Right now I don't think I can hold on anymore. I have always believed that things would turn out well, but right now I am in a low place. I don't know how long I can hold on again.

Last month I tried to even get a security job that pays 25k monthly. But I feel so discouraged to do the job. How long will I work to clear a loan of 320k that keeps adding interest daily.

Thoughts of suicide have been crossing my mind today. I really need help

What can I do? I don't even have the energy to pray. Has anyone ever been in my shoes? If yes how did you come out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

When You Are Tired Of Backing Baby (photo) / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.