Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? (44351 Views)

Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. / Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo / She Married My Best Man Without Divorcing Me - Nigerian Husband Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by debbydams(f): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:
I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years altogether. She was and is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't know where to start from, I can't come to terms with the fact that my wife is leaving.

Guys, I think the problem started last year after some hoodlums stole my bike. That was my major source of livelihood apart from some home lessons that I used to do, but stopped due to health reasons.

It's been difficult financially and I honestly don't know what else to do.

Shortly after my bike was stolen, I got a loan from lapo and added with my little savings to enter palm oil business. I wish I had not done so as I ended up losing about 80k because the guy I worked with cheated me whole heartedly.

My wife had to get a job as a teacher in a private primary school. I told her it was just temporary as I was working to raise money for her start a poultry.

In order to clear the lapo loan, I had to do odd jobs and take loan from loan apps. My wife's little salary of 20k became the major source of feeding while I battled to clear the loan.

Sometimes I would borrow from friends to pay the loan app to be able to borrow a higher amount from the loan apps again. This was a mistake and a trap cos now I am so much indebted to these loan apps. I am even owing some friends and right now I am unable to pay back.

I have been in debt for over 8 months now to these loan apps. They have tarnished my Image to all my contacts.

I even stopped going to church because most of my church members who received messages from these loan apps did not even care to hear me out. They believed the loan apps that I am a fraudster on the run.

My wife started feeling ashamed of me. She stopped associating with me in public spaces. I know she has tried. Nobody deserves to pass through what she is passing through.

This afternoon when she came back from work, she told me that she would be going back to her parents house

She said that it is best she goes back to her people until I am able to sort my self out.

Guys I have tried to be strong for so long. Right now I don't think I can hold on anymore. I have always believed that things would turn out well, but right now I am in a low place. I don't know how long I can hold on again.

Last month I tried to even get a security job that pays 25k monthly. But I feel so discouraged to do the job. How long will I work to clear a loan of 320k that keeps adding interest daily.

Thoughts of suicide have been crossing my mind today. I really need help

What can I do? I don't even have the energy to pray. Has anyone ever been in my shoes? If yes how did you come out?
can u send me a mail
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by adioolayi(m): 11:23am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:
I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years

What can I do? I don't even have the energy to pray. Has anyone ever been in my shoes? If yes how did you come out?

Suicide is not an option....stop listening to that voice saying it's all over...

No, it's not.

To be very practical with you...allow your wife stay with her parents for now, while you work out plans to sort this mess.

1. Don't be tempted to borrow again...no

2. Open up to friends...don't be ashamed to tell anyone the way it is.. sincerely. You will be shocked that some of your debtors can forgive your debts.

3. Go back to Church, society, Alumni body ..you belong to and explain yourself...I am certain people will help.

4. Since you know how to ride a bike, the question most will ask you is what can you do, tell them you will be willing to have a bike...trust me, they can contribute and buy this for you ...interest free, while you pay in installments....just try and have something doing.

It can take a while...but you will pull it through..if you are Sincere with yourself and live within your means.

5. When things takes shape...your wife will be back. Note, you will still be going to check on her till you sort this out. Let her parents and everyone see this willingness to sort things out in you.

3 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by SlavaUkraini: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2022
No matter the pressure, don't commit suicide.

You would surely come out of this situation.

I will advise your wife to please stay with you in these trying times. If she cannot be with you now, then in a more serious situation, she would also walk away.

She must not set a Precedent in her marriage or matrimonial home, where she runs to her parents when the chips are down.
I hope you get through with these Loan app people. I have not used them before, so I don't know how best to advise you on how to repay them.

But if you can appeal with them to suspend the interest on the loan that is growing on a daily basis, that would be a good first step.

You also mentioned a bike ..... Okada. That means you can ride Okada

I don't know where you leave and if Okada Transport business is allowed in your Area, but you can carry Okada from someone on Installments. From there you can be paying the loan gradually.

There are people out there looking for serious Okada riders to give bikes to.

1k a day...... And in a year, you would finish paying off your Loan.
Since you can ride Okada, you can also ride Keke Napep. There are people out there looking for faithful people to give their Keke to on Installments.

Look for such people and start riding Keke. There is money there.

Unless you are Lazy and Proud..... Then
You won't follow this advice.

If you enter the Keke transport business with seriousness, you would finish paying off that 320k loan in 6 months.

Go and Beg the Loan app people to kindly suspend the accuring interest.... That is an important first step.

Then Look for Okada or Keke Napep to start riding and make money to settle your debt.

I wish you all the best.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by NaijaCover(m): 11:23am On Aug 08, 2022
Because Of Loan App?
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Image123(m): 11:23am On Aug 08, 2022
abuwidad:
Get her pregnant again

cheesy cheesy cheesy Lolz
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Tosin9119: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2022
What I don't understand is why some people just like suffer head for nothing. You know you and your wife were not financially stable or should I say ok, you went to marry each other. Maybe you people don't know that getting married in this age and time is not a child's play. Even as I am still single and earning well, I know how how difficult things are out there. I pity people who are married with children and not earning enough. Nigeria is too hard for someone who is not stable financially to delve into marriage. May God help you and your wife sort out your financial issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Lightorder: 11:24am On Aug 08, 2022
abuwidad:
Get her pregnant again
I hope you read through the passage
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by DonBenny77(m): 11:25am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:
I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years altogether. She was and is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't know where to start from, I can't come to terms with the fact that my wife is leaving.

Guys, I think the problem started last year after some hoodlums stole my bike. That was my major source of livelihood apart from some home lessons that I used to do, but stopped due to health reasons.

Shortly after my bike was stolen, I got a loan from lapo and added with my little savings to enter palm oil business. I wish I had not done so as I ended up losing about 80k because the guy I worked with cheated me whole heartedly.

My wife had to get a job as a teacher in a private primary school. I told her it was just temporary as I was working to raise money for her start a poultry.

In order to clear the lapo loan, I had to do odd jobs and take loan from loan apps. My wife's little salary of 20k became the major source of feeding while I battled to clear the loan.

Sometimes I would borrow from friends to pay the loan app to be able to borrow a higher amount from the loan apps again. This was a mistake and a trap cos now I am so much indebted to these loan apps. I am even owing some friends and right now I am unable to pay back.

I have been in debt for over 8 months now to these loan apps. They have tarnished my Image to all my contacts.

I even stopped going to church because most of my church members who received messages from these loan apps did not even care to hear me out. They believed the loan apps that I am a fraudster on the run.

My wife started feeling ashamed of me. She stopped associating with me in public spaces. I know she has tried. Nobody deserves to pass through what she is passing through.

This afternoon when she came back from work, she told me that she would be going back to her parents house

She said that it is best she goes back to her people until I am able to sort my self out.

Guys I have tried to be strong for so long. Right now I don't think I can hold on anymore. I have always believed that things would turn out well, but right now I am in a low place. I don't know how long I can hold on again.

Last month I tried to even get a security job that pays 25k monthly. But I feel so discouraged to do the job. How long will I work to clear a loan of 320k that keeps adding interest daily.

Let you wife leave for a while go to Facebook join the group " say no to sokoloan lcredit ....".
Your wife is ignorant of what you are experiencing it's not something that should end your marriage.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Oduduwa707: 11:26am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Sir honestly I started gambling to see if I can escape this situation. I don't even stake more than 200

OP, there's something so unique abt you for real. You seem quite honest and crazy at the same time... grin

Regardless, I like you. Drop ur account number and I pray ur wife returns home. God bless!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Image123(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Better don't kill yourself my man. Stop borrowing and digging deeper, live within your means and discipline. You'll probably need to beg your way out of this, and God is the first person you have to find time to beg.

If you humble yourself, most of your debt can be forgiven or temporarily forgiven. And you can find something legitimate doing to help you out. Humble yourself and let God show you the way out. Option B, humble yourself before your creditors and helpers. There are jobs you can do to make ends meet, not necessarily office or uniform/salary jobs for now. Again, stop borrowing man.

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by proff010: 11:26am On Aug 08, 2022
Una plenty I hail oòoo. Me self I won't say a word.
Chris2863:
fellow debtor spotted grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by olatayo1984(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2022
I will tell you killing yourself is not the solution. All of us have made some mistakes but take responsibility and allow God to help you out. Believing in God will give a way out.
If you can drive and have a valid driver's license and you live in Lagos, I may have a job for you. The pay is between 35-40k and you will have your free time.
Contact me: 07030468554

4 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Obidarl(m): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2022
this would rather be a premeditated death sentence, methinks it's better you accept the security job or any menial Job at hand while she's away at her parents house to enable clear your debt and save up a reasonable amount to start something resourceful to foot your family responsibilities

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by alphaconde(m): 11:29am On Aug 08, 2022
I Owe nearly 8m

i never think suicide once

everything can be resolved from serious meditation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Advision: 11:29am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

I ......

If the loan apps have already blackmailed you, they have done their worst. No point repaying them, they damage is already done.

...go and sin no more.

3 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by nams77: 11:29am On Aug 08, 2022
samuelson06:
I sense conflict: Your story doesn't reflect you. You sound like an intelligent person but tell a story of a foolish person.

You can't sound the way you do, and be messing things up with your life. I don't see any correlation and as such I don't believe your story.

But if at all you think you are right, let the woman go so you can face your life as a single person. She's doing you a favor. Don't use someone's child to console your present circumstances. I can understand how hustlers can pound on a woman like they are the source of their troubles. Let her go so you can save, pay your debts, and improve your life.

Everyone has a right to association and they can choose to leave when they want the moment they find out the relationship isn't serving their interest. Let her go. She has every right to stay or leave.

No tangible means of livelihood, but you got married. Now, the chips are down and you are wailing. Is that how to plan to succeed or you were planning to fail? So, what exactly do you want? Manner from heaven? No!

Look, no man has any right to get married when they're earning below 100k naira. Stop inviting poverty into your life. It's easy to fall in life but hard to rise. Right now, you must accept your situation and stop this self-pity.

Sit down and plan your life. Disregard your age and gain some stamina before looking for another woman because this one is probably leaving and may not return.

I see you like an intelligent chap. Get in touch let's work out something. But I have a feeling you are not sincere. If ever you are, let's talk. I can promise it's going to make sense to you. Every big thing starts small. Don't be afraid to start all over again.
I don't know him but he may be telling the truth. 10 years ago, a dear friend was in same mess, coupled with police problem.
Op, 10 years from now, you will look back to this day and smile. Only if you work hard and smart and avoid suicide

6 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Oluwanifisesam: 11:30am On Aug 08, 2022
[quote author=Antihypocrite post=115488361]I have been married for 3 years now, I have known my wife for 5 years altogether. She was and is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

What can I do? I don't even have the energy to pray. *Has anyone ever been in my shoes?* If yes how did you come out?

[/Has anyone ever been in my shoes?]

Yes, I was a victim, though my loan was not upto 320k.... My dear Brother, You need God. Talk to God, summon courage to pray and have faith.

How i was saved from them,
First: Delete there apps on your phone, eat good food and have rest of mind, they can come after you physically. Plan your life and re-strategies on how to make things work has God will be assisting you genuinely.

Let go of the loan people for now, if they call you, tell them youer working on it, while youer working on bringing the best of you.

After sometimes when you have half of the loan, pls pay up and write a letter of disengagement with them.

The Lord will settle the rest for you.

Most importantly, Go back to God genuinely because he has seen you suffering.

I Love You and God Loves you more. suicide is not the solution to loan app wahala.

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by uthlaw: 11:30am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

what if I supply the palmoil and you resell....what your location, and how much do you sell 20littles?

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by letitrainnow(m): 11:31am On Aug 08, 2022
I pray God help you, amen.
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by pharmaking: 11:32am On Aug 08, 2022
If it is not too late:

1.Take the security job and earn the 25k first.

2.Sit madam down and ask if she will be willing to allow una manage both earnings.Her 20k and your own 25k.

If she agrees, then plan on how to survive on the 45k till things stabilise.

If she insists, let her go.Everybody get breaking point.She can't cope any longer be that.

As for your loans, they have done their worst by tarnishing your image.They can't do any more damage.

Keep your cool first.Get other side hustles if available to service the loans and clear it off.

If after I weather this storm and things stabilise, trust me, madam no go see space for my house again.Me too I no go do again.Na the koko be that, but first see to your financial issues, then marital decision will come later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by miqos02(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Craze dey worry you, suicide thoughts over 320k debt. What would you do if you are crippled ?

4 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by NemoDatQuod(m): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2022
There is just one simple but very effective thing you can do. Man up and take responsibility for your actions.

You don't seem to be someone who has had to ever take responsibility for his actions. That was why the only thing that came to your mind after you made the mistake of getting into bed with the wrong business partner, was to loan yourself out of your problem. You seem to think there are easy answers to life and its challenges. There are NOT.

Take responsibility. Acknowledge it was your foolish, ill thought out decisions that got you to where you currently are. Acknowledge it was your irresponsibility that made you think that somehow you will get away with borrowing sums at very high interest rates.

When you genuinely accept responsibility, then you will find that you will be eager to take that N25K a month job and go on your knees and be thankful to your creator that you are even able to find such a job. Then you will make a plan for a monthly repayment of the loans. Then you will sit down with the loan companies and agree how much you will repay every month and you will get them to agree to stop additional interest accruing immediately. In an illustrative way, the loan sharks have already received repayment in full by disgracing you within your circle. But you should make the repayment so you can start building the muscle memory of someone who takes responsibility for his actions.

Let your wife go if she must go. But when you stand back up, you MUST NOT under any circumstances go looking for her. Marriage is for better and for worse. She wants to bail out on supporting you with her earnings. Stop that rubbish about what a wonderful woman she is. A good woman won't bail right now, let alone a wonderful one.

It's time to start being a man and leave your childhood days behind and I am not talking about age here. If you think you are having it rough, take a good look at your neighbourhood. You will find those who are truly suffering due to the circumstance(s) of their birth. You are not suffering due to the circumstances of your birth. You are suffering because of your ill advised and foolish decisions.

It is time to be a man. Man Up!

Antihypocrite:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by passcrypto: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2022
It is a pity.... Your wife left because of your loan..... Nawa.... You never use these loan for other women or enjoy yourself. intentions is that your home willd be fine. I understand your state man.. I have been there also. Many bad thought will continue to come to your mind.. But as hard as it might be, pls Try to strengthen your self. Attached your self to some Good and inspiring people and environment. Also Just find a skill or any good attachment work that can give you some thing so you can be paying off bit monthly . Pls Dont stay lonely with doing anything. Don't borrow again from loan Apps no matter what. Just join something that will give you cash..so that depression will not be too hard on you. But as you mark the money, put you eye on offsetting the Loan and start buying back your machine or something Better. communicate to people, Be good, you never can say where your increase will come from. But DON'T BE HARD ON YOUR SELF. DONT HANG YOUR SELF... cos if anything happens to you, all these thing that bothers you will Move on. As long as you stay positive, engaging you self in something gainful, Hustling, IT WILL PASS, AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY.... but as your wife that left, so sorry, she doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.... If she left you because of shame of loan.... Haaa

4 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by yusluvad(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2022
Trilz:
Hey bro!
Take this post seriously.
Don't kill yourself over any silly mistakes, I know life happens to people sometimes but that is not enough reason to do anything stupid at the moment.
What you should do now is get a new sim card and do away with your old sim card which the loan apps always contact you with, hustle, and pay back the people you owe that are around you (not the loan apps)
Do not pay the loan apps again, because you can never pay them in full, their interest will keep growing if you think you can pay them and you will end up working your ass off paying them.

So stop any payment/don't pay the loan apps again only pay your friends that borrowed you money.

If your wife said she's going to her parent's house, for now, let her go and use every opportunity and hustle also save within 4-5 months you will get back in shape trust me.

Trilz
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by NaijaCover(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Women always like to leave when the going gets tough, Got me asking where's the love in all that? "OH I FORGOT THERE'S NO LOVE WHEN IT COMES TO THAT GENDER, ONLY LOVE FOR WHAT THEY CAN ACHIEVE WITH YOU" Op you made some mistakes which I believe you'll get back up from and even be stronger if only you believe and start from somewhere but I want you to do yourself a favour....pls when you get back up from your failures and become successful again, I know you love your wife dearly but I want you to do a double check on your wifey.

I've seen people in worst conditions compare to yours but their wife's never left infact the took everything like a champ until their hubby got back up , I ain't even playing nigga.

This is the best time for you to check yourself and come out a new bouncing man

Las las you go dey aiit.

Stay schemin

You Deserve One Bottle Of 5,000naira Wine

1 Like

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by yusluvad(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2022
IsellSmartTvs:
We all seem to have a Plan until Life happens to us
Ur wife will stay or probably come back when she realizes positive changes In u.So for now I’d suggest u keep grinding and work more on ur self esteem,it’s needed when ever a man is going thru hardship.
Notin last forever
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Nellsworld(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2022
Go to ur bank and block ur atm card, ignore the loan apps, but try and pay ur frds and lapo, and build urself and get back ur family
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2022
I would've loved to help you but even I need help. But seriously, you need to put your life in order. Serious order. Don't mind your wife. Most women cannot go through half of what men go through, yet they're always the #1 when it comes to screaming feminism and gender equality. Small challenge, she's running to her parent's house. What if problem comes?

Baba, I think you should return to teaching students lessons. Schools are on holidays and parents want activities to keep their kids busy. Plus the fact that some are probably not impressed wh their kids results, so they probably know their kids are lagging in a few subjects. Could you tap into that and tutor their kids on the subjects they find hard?

That said, those "Start a business" motivational speakers will never show up here or help you in any way if they can. I'm sure you listened to one of them before going into the palm oil business. Starting a business is always more expensive than you think. Em222 I hope you can read this. If you go collect loan start business with a friend or stranger, your body go tell you.

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by Oyiboman69: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Please sir check your inbox, I just sent you a pm. Thank you sir.
if you can't find any help. Let her go for now, go to any wetland bank,or individual and carry keke napep on higher purchase, gradually you'll be fine cos you'll be having some daily money after your daily balance. Make sure you visit your wife often too
Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by anddy4sunny: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2022
Just let her go then you can relocate to another place and start a new life there you will be happy and come out strong
Antihypocrite:

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by staga: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Your wife's decision is the best. You need a clear head to sort yourself out.

2 Likes

Re: How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? by NaijaCover(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2022
alphaconde:
I Owe nearly 8m

i never think suicide once

everything can be resolved from serious meditation

8million Naira, Na Small Money Bro

Less Than 10,000 Euro's

There Are People Who Are Owing 100million naira and they are still kicking Fine and good

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better / Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.