Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction (46681 Views)

Suzy Cortez Tattoos Messi’s Face On Her Groin. Messi Blocks Her On Social Media / Betis Fans Bow To Messi After Superb Hat-trick Performance / Ibrahimovic Announces Man Utd Return With Image Depicting Him As Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by ghettokid1(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2022

Soccer stars have thrown up some of the most astounding tattoos over the years

Soccer is more than just a game these days. It is perhaps the most popular sport globally and has fans from all corners of the world. Soccer players, as a result, are high-profile celebrities with huge fan followings and their lifestyle choices generate massive interest.

Their hairstyles, accessories, automobiles and clothing choices are scrutinised. Another aspect that is often in the spotlights are players' tattoos.

Many current and former soccer stars have stunning tattoos on their body, from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lionel Messi to Memphis Depay and David Beckham.

The tattoos could be of various designs, ranging from animals to mythical creatures and from divine figures to trophies they've won.

Many soccer stars even have personal tattoo artists and getting inked after a personal accomplishment is not uncommon.
Here are some of the most famous tattoos in soccer.
David Beckham
As much as he is known for his free-kicks and pinpoint crosses, David Beckham was also famous for his haircuts and wardrobe choices.

But the former England captain also has a variety of tattoos all across his body, especially on his arms and back.

There is a crucifix with wings on his back that probably stands out most, apart from numerous other tattoos like the names of his kids.

Lionel MessiLionel Messi, one of the best players in the world, has many tattoos across his right arm, back and legs.

Some of his tattoos include a portrait of Jesus Christ, his wife's eyes, a lotus flower, his son Thiago's hand prints, as well as his jersey number 10.

Zlatan IbrahimovicIt is only fitting that Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the ageless warrior, has plenty of astounding tattoos all over his torso.

In keeping with his larger than life image, the most prominent among those is the tattoo of a ferocious lion on his back.

Or is it Zlatan depicting his "inner lion"?

Memphis DepayTalking about lions and tattoos, how can we not include Memphis Depay in this list?!

The Netherlands forward has a huge lion tattoo that takes up his entire back.

Nicolas OtamendiThe former Manchester City centre-back has some quirky tattoos.

However, the most interesting ones are on his back where he has inked famous characters from various TV shows like Prison Break, Peaky Blinders and Breaking Bad.

EdersonManchester City goalkeeper Ederson has an exquisite tattoo collection, to which he keeps adding.

While there are religious tattoos and more on his back, the most interesting one is beneath his right ear and the side of his neck where a skull can be seen being crushed by a rose of some sorts.

NeymarCan Neymar be far behind on the tattoo game? Of course not!

The Brazilian superstar has more than 40 tattoos across his body, arms, legs and fingers.

Some of the striking ones are his mother's portrait on his right upper arm, while there's also a Champions League tattoo on his calf and his sister's face as well.

Danielle De RossiFormer Roma midfielder Danielle De Rossi was one of the toughest players out there.

He also had his share of tattoos, the most interesting one being a "tackle hazard" tattoo on the back of his right calf. Maybe he was sending a message to his opponents.

Sergio RamosFormer Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has an exquisite collection of inks.

His back is completely filled with various tattoos, including a lion, Jesus Christ and other symbolic images. There is even a tattoo of the Champions League trophy on his left leg.

Joe HartCeltic goalkeeper Joe Hart also has some interesting tattoos.

The former Man City custodian got himself a tattoo of an armour, which has got to be up there as one of the more original designs.

Well, he's supposed to be the armour of his team as a goalkeeper. So, figures right?

Dani AlvesFormer Barcelona full-back Dani Alves has his share of tattoos which include the Olympic rings, his mother's face and many other symbolic ones.

Nigel de JongNigel de Jong was one of the toughest players during his time.

In keeping with his playing style, the Dutchman has a variety of tattoos across his back, chest and arms.

Tim CahillFormer Everton forward and Australian legend Tim Cahill has a Samoan sleeve inked on his arms, a depiction of his roots.

Martin SkrtelThe Slovakian defender has some brilliant ink over his arms and body.

The former Liverpool player has an angel with wings on his back, Parsi writing on his arms and more.

Kevin-Prince BoatengAnother player with some serious ink all over his body is Kevin-Prince Boateng.

Interestingly, he's got a quote across his chest that reads "Love is Pain and Pain is Love".

Alberto MorenoFormer Liverpool full-back Alberto Moreno loves his ink.

He's got some stunning tattoos over his legs and arms, the most striking of which is a chimpanzee holding a gun.

Marco Materazzi2006 World Cup winner Marco Materazzi might have been infamous for the Zidane head-butt incident but the Italian also has some brilliant tattoos.

He's got his name and his wife's name on his back, a dragon with a star on his chest, names of his children and many more.

Mauro IcardiThe Argentine striker has a full-body lion tattoo that looks stunning.

He's also got portraits of his daughters, Isabella and Francesca, inked on his legs.

Dele AlliEverton midfielder Dele Alli is also a fan of tattoos.

In fact, he's got a tattoo of himself on legs, apart from a variety of other inks over his arms and fingers.

Some of them have been inspired by cartoon characters as well.

Djibril CisseFormer Liverpool and France striker has more than 30 tattoos across his body, some of which are striking to say the least.

He's got a tattoo of tiger paws on his arms, devil mask on his arms, a spider web and what not.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/lists/the-best-soccer-player-tattoos-zlatan-messi-memphis/blt24d3aec7c0609159#cs095339beed5149fe

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Adesina18111(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2022
I love tattoos and I pray to have my body inked soon...every tattoo on these players has meaning to them and reason why they drew them is known to them...
I lost my mom in 2009 the day I gained admission...it was a painful experience to me...being her only child, the bond between us was and is still strong...so I wish to have her face at My back and I will name my first daughter her name...I must have my wife, kids' names on my chest and my Manchester United FC logo on my left arm...
Wish me well today Nairalanders...today is my birthday...
I dedicate this front page to my late mom... continue to rest on Mom embarassed embarassed

331 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Llight101(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
ok
Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Iamdbull: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

Am getting a tattoo of my Grammy award soon!!!

19 Likes

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
Even with all my home training, I go still draw tattoo

grin grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Primusinterpares(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
Remind me of Blindspot

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Adaorababy(f): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
Tattoos dey fit fair people. If you black, tattoo is not meant for you

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by sevo(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
What is soccer?? This piece was obviously culled from an American press....soccer

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Warldbest(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2022
What of the female ones, I need to see something wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by mrkings84(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
TAttoo is Satanic
How do I know.
Anything that's not from and for Jesus is from and for Satan.

Have you ever wondered why medicine does not allow anyone who wears tattoos to donate blood??

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Xscape047: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
Nice
Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by vincentjk(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
These are talented players, unlike upcoming Nigerian musicians and Yahoo boys who think drawing tattoo is a door opener to fame.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Wintertime: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
Tg
Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by kingscare1(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
Honda Odyssey 2003
Unpainted
Very sound engine and gear
Nothing to fix just
buy and drive
Location - Ogba, mainland Lagos
Complete papers
Please serious buyers only
Call or WhatsApp -

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by BATified2023: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2022
When I tell people that majority of the people supporting Peter obi today n hiding under the competence mantra will support any other Igbo person be it orji uzor kalu or okorocha

Imagine someone defending ikpeazu despite giving delivery mothers 500 naira n even justifying it as kind gesture

One day this same person will wake up n tell u ikpeazu was better than fashola during their tenure n u will believe it

Tell me d difference between ikpeazu n peter obi government that they are promoting

Workers went on strike for 13 months under both governors

Lecturers went on strike for 6 months under both governors n today they are telling u peter obi is d best

Don’t u think they will tell u ikpeazu is d best someday?

4 Likes

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by hilaryCU(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2022
That's some tattoos there. Never a fan of this though. Whatever suits one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Ayblaize(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2022
Imagine make icardi con discover say no be hin get the pikins grin angry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Unbiased1: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2022
f
Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Albert0011(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2022
I love tattoos especially these ones below.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by DenreleDave(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2022
I LOVE TATOOS grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by psychologist(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2022
Ederson neck tatoo usually look like it’s choking him

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Justinlean02(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2022
Ok let's give up for the Tats with huge Lion face. Zlatan and Depay does it for me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by padi94(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2022
V
Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Farid24224(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2022
Do you know that CR7 has no tattoo on his body?!

Because he donate blood frequently cry

Now tell me why he isn't the GOAT!!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2022
Ronaldo is one of the few football stars with no tattoo and I love him for that. If Messi was the one with no tattoo his fans and paid news media would include it among the down to earth qualities he exhibits. They'd be saying that the guy is so humble that he refused tattooing his skin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2022
Cr7 is different.. No Tattoos..

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by Antoeni(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2022
Peter Obi Once Said

“I will rather loose doing the right thing than to win doing the wrong thing”

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Soccer Player Tattoos; From Ibrahimovic's Lion To Messi's Jesus Depiction by NikolaTeslaa: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UCL: Tuchel Reveals Who To Blame As Chelsea Crash Out Against Real Madrid / Arsenal Fans Abuse Aubameyang After His Lamborghini Gets Stuck (Photos) / 2026 WC Qualifiers: Argentina Squad Arrived In Bolivia With Oxygen Canisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.