Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) (45810 Views)

EU Looks To Nigeria For Gas To Replace Russian Supplies / Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva / 2023: Tinubu Ramps Up Support In S’west Ahead Of Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2022
SmartPolician:

First, remove Peter Obi from that statement because he has neither been your president nor minister of power/petroleum resources.

Secondly, if Buhari was a sensible man, he would know that it was more logical to borrow and fix power instead of railways. For goodness sake, Nigeria was doing so fine without those so-called railways because we had federal and state roads all over the place.

The borrowing should have gone into power generation, transmission and distribution. This is critical in Nigeria's economy. Sadly, he chose to fix railways because northerners are only interested in easily moving their imported goods from Lagos ports to their region and Niger Rep.

Oga, stop defending the undefendable because it makes you appear senseless. That's why it is said that people lose their common sense the moment they join the APC.
That Warri- Itakpe rail is as important as power. If you know, you know.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Simeonjoe1: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2022
quickly:

You are not getting it that gas can be used to make 24hr electricity.

Europe needs the gas to power their electricity and keep them warm in winter.

No problem in selling the gas but why is the gas not used for Nigeria’s development.

How will the gas be used for Nigeria development. The far better way is buy selling it! Make billions and use am to better the life of the people. We have far enough gas to power our electricity! We sell we make money we open further exploration and improve production more gas for Nigerians more gas for Europe, more money for all. But dey trap am here? Na you go drink am? How much is Nigeria market compare to Europe?
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2022
ufotunang:
Something Nigeria should had planned and done many years ago...its now you want to do it.... and to build pipe line from Nigeria to Europe will take some years and needs a lot of money to complete such a project.... Nigeria was not serious about the natural gas. God bless the country with.. as Nigeria is not also serious with the crude oil we have... refineries are not working to refine the crude oil,.. to fuel, disel, kersosene ..but Nigeria is importing the fuel...our politcians are not serious just fighting for their selfish interest
The Algeria to Europe infrastructure is already done. Once Nigeria completes the Abuja-Kaduna-Kano section, all that would be left would be the Niger-Algeria section. All of these are achievable in few years.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2022
Goddson:

Quick answer, the EU turned to USA, Saudi and Qatar but they rejected because they didn’t have the capacity and couldn’t supply more than what they have… Nigeria as a lawless and very corrupt nation don’t even have the capacity to produce nor manage what we are exporting to Europe. If you are well read and you understand geo-politics and diplomacy, you did know that Nigeria is a pawn and puppet nation to western nations, what the western nations offers Nigeria in form of diplomacy is threats, sanctions and bribes.

Have you asked yourself, what is Nigeria benefiting in return from the oil and gas stolen from its chores? Printed paper which is backed by nothing and will be paid in European banks and in their currency which still stays in their economy. You see one of the reasons why that naira you hold in your hand doesn’t have value? You see why you have to give testimony when you get visa to go to Europe to still go work as a slave? I can go on and on…

This level of this topic might be too complicated for you to understand, it’s deep brother and I would be wasting my time explaining to someone like you who is trapped in a western bubble.

The only African leaders that are living and can stand up to western threats is
President of Uganda
President of South Africa
President of Ghana
Then maybe president of Rwanda

But you see the rest are puppets and they are also agents of the three letter word agency

I ll give you a link below to give you a hint of how africa is viewed overseas

https://rumble.com/v1fomkq-dont-ignore-what-the-u.s.-is-doing-to-africa-this-must-stop-redacted-with-c.html
No African country can stand up to Western threat at the moment, make we nor dey deceive ourselves.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by smyo(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
Like say them will use the money to better it's citizen, nonsense
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

So next time when Agbado says he wants to continue from where Buhari stopped, don't mock him. This is what he means. Does Obi want to continue with all these projects?
Obi was never planning to abandon any of Buhari’s meaningful Projects..
So,, what are you saying.??
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

They say make we dey drink our gas by ourselves, now gas don cost how many people dey buy gas? They said price should go down, the government should subsidize(with which money?) then in next 10 yrs gas production decline, 30 years it becomes comatose due to lack of fund for maintenance and improve further production,then we starts importing cheaper gas in large quantities naira turn 5000=$1 we blame the president then! Problem persist and we gnash our teeth, why? Because we forget to expand our customer base now.

People needs to understand that Nigeria market is a poor market, who dey open shopright for village, or dey spend billions to open hotel for okpele. Who go patronize you? How much you go make? You go get profit to advance am,or you go dey run am with your money at a loss? How many billions Nigeria market fit give us compare to Europe?

People suppose to dey think sometimes not just to follow the bandwagon.
If Nigeria could achieve this feet which I doubt due to the cost, security concern and geopolitical issues, this will be the biggest thing in this country and can spring up massive tonnage of development if funds are well utilized.
All people know how to do is criticize Government and nothing else. Most of our youths, sorry to say don't even know anything.
Government began this project mid 2020, alongside that they had to complete the Warri-Itakpe rail which has helped this project and other projects greatly. These in my opinion are key projects for us to earn revenue from gas, but this nairaland space is just full of ignorant people. Its' a shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Obi was never planning to abandon any of Buhari’s meaningful Projects..
So,, what are you saying.??
Obi that wants to save money? look at you.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

No African country can stand up to Western threat at the moment, make we nor dey deceive ourselves.

Yeah you are partially right but those I mentioned still have one or two spine in them
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
Runningwater:

It kind of cheating to me that any presidency and it's government of any country at a period of time can't actually get the praise they deserved cause of the benefits aren't shown instantly but years later which surely could be accredited to the next ones.
Na so we see am. Seems 8 years really isn't enough for a President or Governor to really do what he wants..

Funny enough, Buhari will be regarded as one of the best President in years to come.
Some this infrastructures that we love to insult him about, like building a railway to Niger, it is probably when he's dead that we will see the benefit of it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
Goddson:

Yeah you are partially right but those I mentioned still have one or two spine in them
What spine exactly? If you had mentioned Eritrea, I would have taken you more seriously. But even then, these countries (Eritrea, Rwanda) are too small to be of much importance to the West. It's just a case of "small yansh sef dey shake".
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by gift2xl: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2022
egunna:
same way we are benefiting from crude oil right now,it might be below expectation,but den we wud have at least two major sources of forex earning.at all at all na him bad.development in that sector wud create at least one more job,at all at all na him bad.make Dem do am first,we go dey shout later.

grin
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by chukel(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
revenue wey go enter greedy politicians/leaders pocket emboldened by the evil Constitution. U have no idea how lofty & grandiose the level of their greed is.
so because of that, there should be no development? How do we even reason like this and still want to be like developed nation?
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

What spine exactly? If you had mentioned Eritrea, I would have taken you more seriously. But even then, these countries (Eritrea, Rwanda) are too small to be of much importance to the West. It's just a case of "small yansh sef dey shake".

Hmm if you say so…
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Obi that wants to save money? look at you.
He wants to save money, but he keeps seeing agricultural potentials in every vast uncultivated land??
Is it not money that would be used to convert uncultivated lands to agricultural lands??
If he came to save money, how can he achieve his targeted agricultural potentials for Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by TruthinAction: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2022
Simeonjoe1:
Why is it slavery I'll prefer an insightful answer pls

I am entitled to my opinion. You don't know that this country has been sold to slavery since independence?

A borrower is a slave to the lender.

A consuming nation is a slave to a producing nation.

A nation that have to import most of the things we consume is in serious slavery.

When we have crude oil we can't refine, it is a serious disaster.

We generate light for neighboring west Africa countries but can't supply even 12 hrs a day electricity. What do we call this. It is gross incompetence.

Those fighting corruption are worst than corruption itself.

When s sitting Governor begins to cry that terrorist are running parallel government, where do we go from here.

I would have rather prefer the British to still be in charge of our nation.

We have proven that we can govern ourselves unless we receive a miracle and kick these wicked leaders out of power.

We are so blessed with natural resources that any country in the world but we are the poorest.

Our youths graduate from school with no hope to get employed.

We have a government that is so deceptive that they want us to see black as white.

Britain says they have left us to govern ourselves but they are still controlling our resources behind the scene.

Whatever deal they struck with the fulani cabal will all be exposed one day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by quickly: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

How will the gas be used for Nigeria development. The far better way is buy selling it! Make billions and use am to better the life of the people. We have far enough gas to power our electricity! We sell we make money we open further exploration and improve production more gas for Nigerians more gas for Europe, more money for all. But dey trap am here? Na you go drink am? How much is Nigeria market compare to Europe?

Simple question will 24 hr electricity in Nigeria not enable industry to do business cheaper?

Africa has to get away from just selling its resources like fools and learn to utilize it for their own good.

24 hr electricity in Nigeria can facilitate some sort of industrialization and other countries can bring back industries.

Energy is had to find

The gas should be made to good use of the nation.

That way everyone benefits

Selling the gas or drain your resources as cheap commodities that politicans will still loot for personal gain.

It just like selling crude oil for so cheap and Nigeria has to import the refined version.

Nothing wrong in selling but the main priority is to utilize it for the nations good and create employment with it.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Simeonjoe1: 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
TruthinAction:

I am entitled to my opinion. You don't know that this country has been sold to slavery since independence?

A borrower is a slave to the lender.

A consuming nation is a slave to a producing nation.

A nation that have to import most of the things we consume is in serious slavery.

When we have crude oil we can't refine, it is a serious disaster.

We generate light for neighboring west Africa countries but can't supply even 12 hrs a day electricity. What do we call this. It is gross incompetence.

Those fighting corruption are worst than corruption itself.

When s sitting Governor begins to cry that terrorist are running parallel government, where do we go from here.

I would have rather prefer the British to still be in charge of our nation.

We have proven that we can govern ourselves unless we receive a miracle and kick these wicked leaders out of power.

We are so blessed with natural resources that any country in the world but we are the poorest.

Our youths graduate from school with no hope to get employed.

We have a government that is so deceptive that they want us to see black as white.

Britain says they have left us to govern ourselves but they are still controlling our resources behind the scene.

Whatever deal they struck with the fulani cabal will all be exposed one day.

I get your point sir even share some of the sentiments, but the question is how is selling our gas to Europe makes us slave?
How do generating billions from gas enslave us?
And how can we emancipate ourselves from this slavery?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by egunna(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2022
gift2xl:

grin
toh,na so I see am ooo
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Simeonjoe1: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
quickly:

Simple question will 24 hr electricity in Nigeria not enable industry to do business cheaper?

Africa has to get away from just selling its resources like fools and learn to utilize it for their own good.

24 hr electricity in Nigeria can facilitate some sort of industrialization and other countries can bring back industries.

Energy is had to find

The gas should be made to good use of the nation.

That way everyone benefits

Selling the gas or drain your resources as cheap commodities that politicans will still loot for personal gain.

It just like selling crude oil for so cheap and Nigeria has to import the refined version.

Nothing wrong in selling but the main priority is to utilize it for the nations good and create employment with it.

Simple question does selling our gas to Europe equates that we won't have enough for consumption? Or is it all the gas we are selling to Europe with nothing left for indigenous use?
1st basis for consumption to production is it by selling or storing up here?
Do we tap gas from thin air and magically convert it for electricity generation and distribution? How do we source fund for this? How do we improve this?
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Simple question does selling our gas to Europe equates that we won't have enough for consumption? Or is it all the gas we are selling to Europe with nothing left for indigenous use?
1st basis for consumption to production is it by selling or storing up here?
Do we tap gas from thin air and magically convert it for electricity generation and distribution? How do we source fund for this? How do we improve this?
Na only complain dem sabi. Ask them about solutions, zero.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by jimetagambo: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
Horokrox:
Dead corpses like you don't comment grin
Stinking corpse that died from overdose of sniper is still commenting. Son of an Ekuke grin
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Cognitivereason: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2022
classicfrank4u:

Looks like you are suffering from comprehension issues...

Who asked you for all this stupid explanations you are giving? Did anyone say LPG and natural gas are the same thing? The person you quoted was complaining about the government wanting to export natural gas meanwhile cooking gas(which can be gotten from the same natural gas) is still very expensive for her citizens, since we have sufficient natural gas to sell to others why can't they use it to produce more cooking gas that will go round for her citizens

if you can read I understand...you will see where I boldly said LPG can be gotten from crude oil as well....Nigeria doesnt have processing plants to process our Natural gas...what we do is to flare it most times or use it to generate power and export some

there is no need building a separate plant to process natural gas to LPG....that was why i said it boldly that we will get our own LPG in sufficiency from Dangote as soon as he finishes his refinery...even our old refineries produced LPG from refining crude until subsidies killed it

building a new plant now is wasted effort..when Dangote is beyound 70% completion and can supply all the LPG we will need
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by TruthinAction: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

I get your point sir even share some of the sentiments, but the question is how is selling our gas to Europe makes us slave?
How do generating billions from gas enslave us?
And how can we emancipate ourselves from this slavery?

I have an inside information I can't divulge here. The British people are criminals. Our present crop of leaders are worse than criminals. Let's leave it at that.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by sreamsense: 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
Killington:
RCCG camp erupts because of Obi
I beg stop this childish play, vote for whoever you want to vote for. Eruption because somebody pays surprise first time visit does not translate to voting for him. If Tinubu or Atiku should appear there, they will certainly make joyous noize also. Go and ask Yaya Bello, crowd does not not translate to actual voting. All of them are good.and.all.of them are bad, just vote for your choice and move on, stop equating virtualization with reality
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Lush100(m): 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Even with the video? You guys are cursed

Video of what.

That's a pipeline for crude oil not for gas.
As for your insults,
Take it along with you when going
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Wwwq: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lush100:

Video of what.

That's a pipeline for crude oil not for gas.
As for your insults,
Take it along with you when going
k
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by pquaver(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
SmartPolician:

First, remove Peter Obi from that statement because he has neither been your president nor minister of power/petroleum resources.

Secondly, if Buhari was a sensible man, he would know that it was more logical to borrow and fix power instead of railways. For goodness sake, Nigeria was doing so fine without those so-called railways because we had federal and state roads all over the place.

The borrowing should have gone into power generation, transmission and distribution. This is critical in Nigeria's economy. Sadly, he chose to fix railways because northerners are only interested in easily moving their imported goods from Lagos ports to their region and Niger Rep.

Oga, stop defending the undefendable because it makes you appear senseless. That's why it is said that people lose their common sense the moment they join the APC.

Why should I remove him, do you remove Tinubu from Buhari? When he is not the president and is not minister petroleum, economy or defence? Obi was close and part of GEJ government so he is part and parcel of the PDP family.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by kayjay69(m): 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2022
I love how we are ramping up the building of this pipeline to Europe but we cannot ramp up gas pipelines to thermal power stations across Nigeria.

Nigeria is finished!!!
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by GeneralDae: 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
kayjay69:
I love how we are ramping up the building of this pipeline to Europe but we cannot ramp up gas pipelines to thermal power stations across Nigeria.

Nigeria is finished!!!
Lagos to excravos pipeline was just recently expanded to 2.2 km to supply electricity to industries in parts of Ogun State. There's another one ongoing from the East.
You guys just complain, but most don't know much, they just join the bandwagon to wail.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by kayjay69(m): 3:38am On Aug 14, 2022
Like I am not aware, but have you asked if this will suffice to enable stable power supply.

Ofcourse most of the issues we experience are on the transmission and distribution end but we simply do not produce enough anyways. And a main reason for this is the pitiable gas infrastructure before now so forgive my pessimism, I will believe it when I see our power generation numbers up.

Until then, I retort, Nigeria don finish!
GeneralDae:

Lagos to excravos pipeline was just recently expanded to 2.2 km to supply electricity to industries in parts of Ogun State. There's another one ongoing from the East.
You guys just complain, but most don't know much, they just join the bandwagon to wail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Fatima Buhari And Gimba Yau Kumo Pictured Together / The Moment EFCC Officials Stormed Yahaya Bello's Home, As Kogi Governor Visited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.