Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) (45797 Views)

EU Looks To Nigeria For Gas To Replace Russian Supplies / Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva / 2023: Tinubu Ramps Up Support In S’west Ahead Of Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:41am On Aug 13, 2022
Dabok:
While there is no enough gas to generate electricity in this country

**not OR isn’t
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 5:44am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
And see how the petrol subsidy is killing us?

We budget for on petrol subsidy than for power, education and road combined.
But thank God Dangote's refinery will soon begin. Buhari will remove subsidy completely before he leaves.
And if any candidate that wins feels it's the wrong thing to do, he can put it back.
My argument is not about what the Subsidy is doing to us.
Statistics have shown that more people are going into the Petrol Importation and supply despite the subsidy..
But then, compared to gas production, we are having a decline.
What went wrong then??
Why the disparity?
Or we just take it in, just because “This Is Nigeria”??
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Staphylococcus: 5:45am On Aug 13, 2022
Dabok:
While there is no enough gas to generate electricity in this country

You are dull!

You are not even conversant with happenings in your own very own country!

And the annoying instance is that, you still had effrontery to comment like you would make sense!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Lush100(m): 5:46am On Aug 13, 2022
I do not believe this news

It's media gimmick from the top.

Ramp up koi den there
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 5:48am On Aug 13, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
My argument is not about what the Subsidy is doing to us.
Statistics have shown that more people are going into the Petrol Importation and supply despite the subsidy..
But then, compared to gas production, we are having a decline.
What went wrong then??
Why the disparity?
Or we just take it in, just because “This Is Nigeria”??
The place you read the decline in gas also explained the cause. Read it too
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 5:50am On Aug 13, 2022
Perfectbeing:
He will increase the tax net and feed all of us agbado and cassava. Shey that's what you want to hear
Shun this..
Be real..
We are talking about having the Gas-to-Electric Generation apparatus being ready before May 2023,, and assuming that Agbado takes over..
Won't he take the glory??
But then, apart from that,, remember that Nigeria has a very poor maintenance culture.
Would the machineries be properly and constantly maintained.??
(I won't give my own answer to this question though - answer it for yourself on behalf of your preferred candidate)
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by AgubataAkokwa: 6:00am On Aug 13, 2022
SmartPolician:

A lot of you people are uninformed and I find that very disturbing. Now, many non-state actors have been armed, constituting nuisance everywhere in the South East undecided

And so wtf are you insinuating here
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by confluence: 6:07am On Aug 13, 2022
Good talk, trailers are still hauling those pipes across the northern part of the country, if you are travelling along Lokoja Abuja high way you will see those trucks carrying them in their hundreds every day.I believe it’s not this government that will commission the project
PharNEWS:
That pipeline you see there hasn't crossed two local government in River state alone! Not to talk of crossing Africa and reaching Europe!
Do you know the distance from Nigeria to Europe!
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Bluntemperor: 6:18am On Aug 13, 2022
Diligent1:
These Europeans want to drain our life out of us in Nigeria, using the opportunity of having bad leaders and colliding with them to kill the good ones that want to turn Nigeria to a better country.
Almighty God will judge you all.

Awolowo, Muritala Mohammed, Abiola, Yaradua, Gani Fawehimi etc may your souls rest in perfect peace.

Not the Europeans but your leaders!
A Whiteman will study you well before making advances! Stop castigating the EU people or British.
Are they the one saying your Refineries should not work?
Are they the ones saying Niger Delta development should not be turned the Areas to a Dubai land?
Is it European that says the Governors should not secure their States,when in the first instance they are the Chief Security for their respective States,yet NBILLIONS are collected for the purpose and all we see is enjoyment with girlfriends,gold-chain and entourage back to Europe,Dubai and American States,where they lived an Emperor life,with their Families,yet some of us see all these and feels nothing is wrong,once is our tribes, without knowing that, those money stolen will surely have a future negative effects!
Nigerians should stop blaming others for your woes!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Thomas464: 6:29am On Aug 13, 2022
Diligent1:
These Europeans want to drain our life out of us in Nigeria, using the opportunity of having bad leaders and colliding with them to kill the good ones that want to turn Nigeria to a better country.

Awolowo, Muritala Mohammed, Abiola, Yaradua, Gani Fawehimi etc may your souls rest in perfect peace.

The Europeans are not draining us but we're our own problem.
This is supposed to be more foreign exchange for us and to even boost our economy.

All these while when no export was done, where has the gas been going to? Yet no electricity.
Our leaders are just wicked.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by luluosas(m): 6:30am On Aug 13, 2022
When it is actually outside the reach of common Nigerians today? Na waoh
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by 9japride(m): 6:32am On Aug 13, 2022
Those who are very happy with these kind of news are those who love exploitation especially those that don't have oil in their region. The oil and gas producing communities are devasted due to the exploration. Go to those communities, you will weep for black man and their pathetic wickedness. Nobody cares as far as its not affecting them directly. These are the kind of people that will baff in the morning and stand under the hot sun to vote in misfits just because of tribalism/religious belief. In addition, the mindset of conquest by certain group of people in the country who are influenced by religion won't move the country forward. With all the oil revenue, nothing significant to show for. And yet people are so comfortable, it's terrible.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by ufotunang: 6:38am On Aug 13, 2022
Something Nigeria should had planned and done many years ago...its now you want to do it.... and to build pipe line from Nigeria to Europe will take some years and needs a lot of money to complete such a project.... Nigeria was not serious about the natural gas. God bless the country with.. as Nigeria is not also serious with the crude oil we have... refineries are not working to refine the crude oil,.. to fuel, disel, kersosene ..but Nigeria is importing the fuel...our politcians are not serious just fighting for their selfish interest
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Sheriman(m): 6:41am On Aug 13, 2022
SmartPolician:

The power sector in Nigeria is divided into three: Generation, Transmission and Distribution. While we are slightly getting it right with generation, transmission is failing and distribution is helpless because they don't get enough and theft by customers.

What we lack in Nigeria is the infrastructure to transmit the quantity of energy we generate. Since we don't have the infrastructure to evacuate the energy we generate, the national grid gets overwhelmed and keeps collapsing. Nigeria generates more energy than she distributes.

So, Nigeria needs a lot of USD to stabilise her ailing economy because we practically import everything and acquire equipment needed to evacuate power from the points of generation. Selling gas to Europe will put Nigeria on the map, reduce the influence of Russia on Europe and generate Nigeria a lot of USD.
They are building this for themselves, all the dollars generating from this gas will be looted by Nigerian leaders.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by driand(m): 6:42am On Aug 13, 2022
Diligent1:

remove Awolowo and Abiola... They can't eat their cake and have it...
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Blazebond(m): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2022
Something positive is being done that will generate huge revenue and massive jobs for the Nigerian economy but All most of you want to do is hate,you never want to hear or read about good news in Nigeria,evil children of hate.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Emmanuel909090: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2022
And the will do it with speed.

But will be so slow to develop Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Antai123(m): 6:49am On Aug 13, 2022
Killington:
RCCG camp erupts because of Obi

How truthful is this news, I thought your general Overseer, said he won't support any candidate??,
Peter Obi my President come 2023grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by zinizta: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ifVry9f38I

Nigeria ramps up construction of pipeline delivering gas to Europe

Nigeria is ramping up efforts to finish the construction of a pipeline that will help deliver its gas to Europe.

It's also trying to triple its reserves as prices and demand for gas surge due to the conflict in Ukraine.

Al Jazeera's Ahmed Idris reports from Port Harcourt.

Very good.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Skyehigher1: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2022
We are in total mess in this country
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by chaw: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2022
Reading through this thread and I realize that a lot of my people are not brilliant, how can you not be happy for a news like this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Emyogalanya: 7:14am On Aug 13, 2022
NwaNimo1:
WTF? ..........

.....when we no fit burn gas/coal/crude to generate electricity?

[img]https://giffiles./216/216346.gif[/img]

....na pipeline to Europe we don mobilize sharp sharpishly??
Make una calm down na our landlord want pump water enter him own tank first. wetin una want make caretaker do? They want eu to name ipob as terror group na so its expected of them to build pipeline. They wont shout territorial Integrity now, but once eu favour ipob. Territorial integrity grammer will start
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by classicfrank4u(m): 7:19am On Aug 13, 2022
Cognitivereason:

am not surprised you would reason so low..

there is an existing pipeline from warri to ajaokuta...this new pipeline connects the old ones from ajaokuta and extends it to kano..

they so far passed the route across kogi and Abuja, currently in kaduna...by the beginning of next year they would have entered kano..

once it ends at kano..there are plans to gather funds to finance another stretch of pipelines from kano through Niger and connect to algeria...Algeria already has a fully built pipeline infrastructure connected to western Europe...but Algeria cant supply sufficient Natural Gas...this is where Nigeria comes in..we are not building anything to cross the Mediterranean as you ignorantly claimed..

and please educate yourself on the difference between Natural Gas and Liquified Petroleum Gas(LPG) also known as Cooking Gas and how each of them are gotten cuz they are not the same..and Nigeria is exporting Natural Gas not cooking Gas..stop disgracing yourself online

Olodo.. so you don't know LPG is gotten from natural gas? See who is trying to form educated lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by lexy2014: 7:30am On Aug 13, 2022
Cognitivereason:

there is an existing pipeline from warri to ajaokuta...this new pipeline connects the old ones from ajaokuta and extends it to kano..

they so far passed the route across kogi and Abuja, currently in kaduna...by the beginning of next year they would have entered kano..

once it ends at kano..there are plans to gather funds to finance another stretch of pipelines from kano through Niger and connect to algeria...Algeria already has a fully built pipeline infrastructure connected to western Europe...but Algeria cant supply sufficient Natural Gas...this is where Nigeria comes in..we are not building anything to cross the Mediterranean as you ignorantly claimed..

and please educate yourself on the difference between Natural Gas and Liquified Petroleum Gas(LPG) also known as Cooking Gas and how each of them are gotten cuz they are not the same..and Nigeria is exporting Natural Gas not cooking Gas..stop disgracing yourself online

cheesy grin I wrote just one line and you write 22 lines in response majorly spilling your emotions.

In my one line that you responded to, can you show where I mentioned anything about LNG and LPG? cheesy grin but am glad classicfrank4u has taken you to the cleaners on that.

Bro, from your map, pls what is the distance between Nigeria and Europe that you think nigeria can build pipeline from here to Europe in a jiffy? Or you think that it is that close because you are looking at a map?

From what you are saying, the pipeline hasn't gotten to Kano. So which grammar are you speaking?

Look at this..."there are plans to gather funds to finance another stretch of pipelines from kano through Niger and connect to algeria..."

"There are plans....". So the money isn't available and you are running mouth? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Obidatti2023s(m): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

This is not entirely correct. Given our population, without oil resources we would have been worse. Government can afford to subsidise education because of oil money. You pay 165-200 naira today for fuel ( one of the lowest in the world) because NNPC pays the bulk of the subsidy.

Are you ready to be taxed for even having a shop in Naija? Because that's how oyinbo operates. Government gave many of us education at a cheaper rate. Today many use same education to go for doctorates or Masters abroad and the degrees are accepted. Our doctors graduating with such cheap school fees from Naija can afford to be employed directly in U.K and U.S where most of the Doctors there had to depend on loans to become Doctors.

So because you think we can't benefit from it, they shouldn't build it at all?

Sri Lanka's collapse could have easily being predicted years ago. Nigeria's situation is not close to that of Srilanka or Venezuela. Sri lanka for example had debt defaults for some time now. Nigeria on the other hand have many more ways of increasing revenues than Srilanka or Venezuela. But I agree with you, I like the business/independent spirit of the Nigerian people.

I don’t have much time to counter everything you analyze but I will tell you one thing! Even if these crooks we call leaders finish the national cake kpata kpata! Like one kobo nor remain! Nigerians won’t shake, Nigerians won’t fumble because we as a people are independent from the government. We buy fuel cheapest anywhere in the world but chances of someone buying large quantities of fuel in the US or UK is slimmer than an average Nigerian. Take for example i fuel my car, fuel my Gen in my house, fuel my Gen in office everyday. Yearly my home fuel consumption is 1,098,000! Just my home alone! Another factor you will consider is the purchasing power of our currency! That’s even the reason we buy cheaper and the reason for subsidy they use in finishing us. Why can’t government build new refineries? Why? Because important of fuel is a big business for our crooks like Otedola and the rest vultures who call themselves marketers. This country na jungle!
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Deensham: 7:38am On Aug 13, 2022
This is stale news
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by jimetagambo: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2022
Thomas464:

The Europeans are not draining us but we're our own problem.
This is supposed to be more foreign exchange for us and to even boost our economy.

All these while when no export was done, where has the gas been going to? Yet no electricity.
Our leaders are just wicked.
Gas fired power plant run on methane gas. That gas going through the planned pipeline is likely crude gas that contains water and other constituents. They may need to be refined and pure methane extracted before it can become useful.

High grade lithium was recently discovered in Nigeria, when the government starts exporting to places like Taiwan, China, USA e.t.c some people would come to Nairaland to ask why we can't use it here to produce our own rechargeable batteries when we do not have the infrastructure for that to happen.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by 527hameed: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2022
RCCG camp erupts because of ObiRCCG camp erupts because of Obi...
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by jimetagambo: 7:48am On Aug 13, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Thanks for this submission.
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Kingnelson9: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2022
rusher14:

What exactly are you against?
Nig govt and those against the Igbos
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by harmargedon: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ifVry9f38I

Nigeria ramps up construction of pipeline delivering gas to Europe

Nigeria is ramping up efforts to finish the construction of a pipeline that will help deliver its gas to Europe.

It's also trying to triple its reserves as prices and demand for gas surge due to the conflict in Ukraine.

Al Jazeera's Ahmed Idris reports from Port Harcourt.
is that why there's shortage of gas here?
Re: Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) by Greatken007(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2022
He is simply saying what is been transported to Europe is nt LPG which is Butane ,propane but Natural Gas of 97 % Methane gas...Power gas ,so most times when you hear the word natural gas ,it is the methane gas that is been referred to...
classicfrank4u:

Olodo.. so you don't know LPG is gotten from natural gas? See who is trying to form educated lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Shares Buhari's Favorite Quote, See Replies / INEC Apologises Over Drunk Returning Officer / James Ibori, Uduaghan And Okowa In Football Kits (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.