Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) (31748 Views)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / ASUU Elects Emmanuel Osodeke As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Chetas81(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2022
IF YOU ARE TALKING TO THE PEOPLE WITH RIGHT SENSE
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by IamHonourable1: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2022
No sensible Nigerian needs to be told before they know it's what they should do.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by abokikhalifa: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:
We're voting APC out next year.

I'm ready to lose friends as we approach 2023 presidential election, I will sever ties with anyone that tries to cause more harm to this country including my friends.
You can't be my friend if you support bad politicians.

But it appears ASUU is only after their own selfish interest, they don't really care about the plights of the students.

Do you know that these ASUU members also have needs and family at home to feed ? Whats wrong in asking for what you work for ?

Can you be working for free all because you want to make your bosses happy ?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by VULCAN(m): 10:21am On Aug 13, 2022
You have done very well. You deserve a job with the FBI.

Pls keep repeating this post till election day.

Let's identify the enemies of Nigeria

donjazet:
All Obidients should spread these pictures below so that other people wouldn't fall prey to these evil people's tactics.

APC paid agents create multiple accounts to generate fake likes and shares yo artificially amplify these man's support.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Typicool8(m): 10:22am On Aug 13, 2022
Rebuke:

Yhu have been spamming every thread with this yhur free training. I am beginning to suspect yhu......I smell desperation.

Him wan sell course
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Carlyscales: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2022
bro4u:
ASUU should please STFU,, they're super selfish

Anyone that thinks paying subsidy, borrowing money to build railway to niger and amassing public funds for elections is better than education of her citizens is an embarrassment to this generation and should have his head checked.

You had a #1.3T agreement to fund tertiary education in 2009. Goodluck with all his corruption paid ( spent on tertiary education) over 200b ( $1b) of that money.

Apc have only budgeted a total of #95b ($146m) to tertiary education since 2015.

If the fed Govt had spent #100b that the accountant Gen stole on tertiary education. Do you think uni students would have been at home the last 6mnths?? Rather they quickly granted him bail.

Ain't you guys even ashamed!
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Image123(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2022
29kobo:

No seriously, what is your solutuion to the problem...because the issues go way beyond the demands on paper?

Do you support raised fees, raised taxes...so that we find money to fund ASUU's demands that government fufils the 2009 ASUU-FG agreement in full?

Solution is that they resume work immediately as far as they are expecting to be paid for all the wasted months of strike. They need to be innovative about funding and stop the silly 200% dependence on government for funding. Oloyede was a clear case study of the possibility when he was in UNILORIN. They didn't join ASUU in all these useless and selfish strikes and the school was averagely well managed. He replicated similar with his work in JAMB. Foreign schools that they are comparing themselves to are not government parasites.
You must have been in Nigerian colleges, these lecturers are not all that. These useless ones that damage people's lives and destinies. Using student's projects and articles for their personal papers to become Dr. and Professor. This hawkers that turn class rep to affiliate marketer to sell textbooks for grades. Some of their textbooks ma still photocopy from 1980 done in their business centers in the school. These ones need little or no pity, they don't pity the students in their care as you can see and know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Munzy14(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2022
Like as if it will change the fact that lecturers are the problems of Nigeria..

They are the adhoc staff Inec make use of...They make up a greater percentage of Inec staff..

They are involved the electoral fraud that brings in illiterate with zero value for education to be in power.. lipsrsealed

ASUU issue has been a tradition since we are used to corrupt lecturers working for Inec...

My sincere advise to any young man in his 20s and in the university, just go and learn a skill or a trade...Because out there is not for the feeble minded...The ladies getaway with the delay likely by getting married to atleast escape hardship..But not the same for a young man with aspirations...You will get roasted if you aren't on guard..

5months plus and the government is not even shaking grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by J4parry(m): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2022
29kobo:

So ASUU should keep quiet , eh?

I am not supporting Obi or your candidate...but I want to know WHAT solution you have to end ASUU strike.

He has basically told us that PO does not have the solution to ASUU strike without telling us how his anointed will resolve the perennial strike. As a Nigerian, I really do not care who governs so long as the common Nigerian is given a sense of belonging in his own country with functional amenities and strict adherence to the rule of law. Not sure that is asking for too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by eguarojeona: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2022
The politicians get their kids to study abroad.They dont have faith in Nigeria. When nigeria combust and descend into anarchy so tbeir kids can survive abroad with their foreign degrees

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by holluwizzy: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Checking from what the man said, it is not really selfishness but at least to boost the higher institutions, I am also witness, co I am in that field.

Example u sent your child to school to learn,
There is no chair to sit down
At atmosphere is not conducive
The hostels have no maintenance structure.

Among others

Yet you struggle to pay ur child's fees in other to get the best and yet ur child is only getting 5% quality education. Do u know how much government generate from universities when it comes to fees ?

Kworuption at its peak.

God1000:

I'm ready to lose friends as we approach 2023 presidential election, I will sever ties with anyone that tries to cause more harm to this country including my friends.

But it appears ASUU is only after their own selfish interest, they don't really care about the plights of the students.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Image123:

Solution is that they resume work immediately as far as they are expecting to be paid for all the wasted months of strike. They need to be innovative about funding and stop the silly 200% dependence on government for funding. Oloyede was a clear case study of the possibility when he was in UNILORIN. They didn't join ASUU in all these useless and selfish strikes and the school was averagely well managed. He replicated similar with his work in JAMB. Foreign schools that they are comparing themselves to are not government parasites.
You must have been in Nigerian colleges, these lecturers are not all that. These useless ones that damage people's lives and destinies. Using student's projects and articles for their personal papers to become Dr. and Professor. This hawkers that turn class rep to affiliate marketer to sell textbooks for grades. Some of their textbooks ma still photocopy from 1980 done in their business centers in the school. These ones need little or no pity, they don't pity the students in their care as you can see and know.

All that does not answer the ultimate question...the funding question.

You are saying that they should resume because it does not favour your party/government.

Anyway, I will tell you mine. The government needs to raise fees, and raise taxes to levels that can fund universites adequately and prevent future strikes from happening. It should also provide financial assistance only to students who come from families earning less than N50000 monthly...in the form of grants and loans. Fees should be as high as 600000-1.2million per annum. Families should be encouraged to set up savings funds for universites for their kids from childhood to adulthood.

Telling ASUU to shut up and go back to work just brushes the problem under the carpet. All this time we have been telling ASUU to shut up and go back to work since 1992. And they always have , and our universites are no better.

It is a shame no party, including the APC you love, has a solution.

ASUU will stop going on strike when the problem is adressed. Telling them to keep quiet, anc alling them names does not solve the main issues.

And to be honest, if we are not careful, in ten years, private universities will surpass public universites. Because your government won't face reaility.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Scarcity234: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

They're not, if you were a lecturer, you would understand.

During my first year in a federal uni, I knew the experience I had both during classes and practicals. Many of us who couldn't find a seat to sit on had to stand throughout the duration
of all the classes.
The practicals weren't any different. Some of the tools/equipments for the practicals which were to be provided by the school weren't available. These continued to happen in subsequent levels
So we couldn't practice somethings that we were taught.

On their salary and allowances, and in consideration of the inflation in the country, there is need to be a review.

They're not selfish.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Stepatatime(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2022
scrolldown88:
Nigeria is a funny place. I find it totally baffling that even with all the decay in society, we are still debating whether or not to revote in a repressive government that has consistently impoverished the common man for 8 years.
At this point in a sane country, the present government would have been booted out.
The hunger and insecurity is biting. Government is insensitive to the plight of the common citizens. Yet still boldly seeking re-election.
Rich or poor, there's no joy in this country. The poor have it worst, because even poor man food is becoming unaffordable to them.
As for the rich, there's little rest, no freedom because of the many insecurities.
In a sane country:
At this point even if APC brings in John the Baptist as their candidate, they should be rejected. Anything short of that is re-enforcing bad behavior; and will seem like we're telling them to carry on with the 'good' work. APC shouldn't be considered no matter what or who they field.

As for PDP we've all seen what they have to offer. And it's not much different from what APC has currently done. In a sane country PDP won't be considered.

As for LP, I'm inclined to say they are the same as the 2 mentioned above. But voting them in gives a strong statement. A statement that says Nigerians are wiser and won't hesitate to vote out any party that does bad. A strong and bold statement that if you Bleep up you would be voted out at the next poll.
That's how countries grow. We have to move away from reelecting failing government, thereby reenforcing them, to changing failing government and trying new ones.
This kind of voters ideology is the only thing that will keep government on their toes and force them to deliver what they promised.
Right now APC can't promise anything because the promises of the past 8 years haven't been met.
We should stop encouraging bad government by reelecting them. You nailed it completely, I love your comment, more grace to u
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2022
J4parry:

He has basically told us that PO does not have the solution to ASUU strike without telling us how his anointed will resolve the perennial strike. As a Nigerian, I really do not care who governs so long as the common Nigerian is given a sense of belonging in his own country with functional amenities and strict adherence to the rule of law. Not sure that is asking for too much.

Yes, and the thing is, universites cost a lot of money to run.

You want good amenites...meanwhile what we earn from oil...before debts, corruption and other things eat into it..is not up to one quarter of what some countries spend on primary education alone.

APC, PDP, LP and ASUU and all the other parties are running away from the cold reality...fees have to go up or taxes have tobe raised on the 70% of economically active who don't pay...beofre we can talk of meeting ASUU demands...in addition to UTAS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by dollar124(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2022
kaludestiny10:
I truly feel for these lecturers. Imagine going for months without salaries.

Were they working for months without salary? Were they owed when they were working?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Gbeng30(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2022
You don't need to tell us,every sane person knows that this evil party is long overdue., it's high time we send them packing
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Jostoman: 10:45am On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

they do, it is FG that needs to fulfill their own promise.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Befulfilled(f): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2022
It shocks me to the marrow when I see someone still talking of voting for APC. Fir goodness sake, no matter what is your interest, be reasonable at least. Be a Nigerian first before you become a party man. APC from top to bottom does not deserve to win any election again. Tufiakwa with an evil party. This has never been witness before.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by excel101(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2022
ASUU voted APC in so as to remove Jonathan in office. Make una to remove them the way una take out them.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by ChicagoBar(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2022
Na you go tell me who to vote for .. Am voting Jagaban Bola Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by egunna(m): 10:49am On Aug 13, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2a7HklEDh0

https://twitter.com/AIT_Online/status/1558183867261095937?t=nItgs_Sd1OPUmZOTQf6duQ&s=08
if the ASUU was a serious association,it shud have moved for the removal of this man,who negotiated the agreement with ASUU?why did dat person not fufil the agreement if it was that easy?

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by emerged01(m): 10:49am On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

Which one is good o?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Jostoman: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2022
SafariHunter:
I am obedient but I actually agree with Adamu Garba when he said the ASUU strike has political undertones.
The FG has met their needs to a very large extent, 100% pay rise( excluding state uni which is very understandable as most states haven't even implemented minimum wage).
TET fund has released billions.
Earned allowances have been paid.
UTAS is at final stages of testing...

ASUU doesn't care about us, they have a sole responsibility to students and not telling us to vote out APC which we will already do...

Just NEgedu ASUU matter
stop calling yourself Obidient, we the Obidient know ourselves. There is nothing political there let FG fulfill there to ASSU so that students can return back to school
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by malikombi(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2022
SafariHunter:
I am obedient but I actually agree with Adamu Garba when he said the ASUU strike has political undertones.
The FG has met their needs to a very large extent, 100% pay rise( excluding state uni which is very understandable as most states haven't even implemented minimum wage).

ASUU doesn't care about us, they have a sole responsibility to students and not telling us to vote out APC which we will already do...

Just NEgedu ASUU matter
Stop misleading the public please.
Which of your claims above can you defend with proof??
If all these items listed above are true, universities would have reopen now.
Report have been submitted for 2009 renegotiation many weeks ago but the FG neither acknowledge nor approved. 100% payrise is just speculation.
Backlog of earned allowance is less than 30b.
Since 2020, it hasn't been paid.
UTAS has always been in final stage of testing for over two years. Despite the 99.1% pass mark it got, government is still brainwashing the public that UTAS failed integrity test. Who is now fooling who.

Finally, we do not have affiliation to any political or religious group.
Wait for him to address the public again for misinterpretation.
Thank you
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by assholemods: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2022
Greedy lecturers... God punish all of una!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Image123(m): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2022
29kobo:

All that does not answer the ultimate question...the funding question.

You are saying that they should resume because it does not favour your party/government.

Anyway, I will tell you mine. The government needs to raise fees, and raise taxes to levels that can fund universites adequately and prevent future strikes from happening. It should also provide financial assistance only to students who come from families earning less than N50000 monthly...in the form of grants and loans. Fees should be as high as 600000-1.2million per annum. Families should be encouraged to set up savings funds for universites for their kids from childhood to adulthood.

Telling ASUU to shut up and go back to work just brushes the problem under the carpet. All this time we have been telling ASUU to shut up and go back to work since 1992. And they always have , and our universites are no better.

It is a shame no party, including the APC you love, has a solution.

ASUU will stop going on strike when the problem is adressed. Telling them to keep quiet, anc alling them names does not solve the main issues.

And to be honest, if we are not careful, in ten years, private universities will surpass public universites. Because your government won't face reaility.

This is laughable, i guess you're a lecturer though. So i want ASUU to call of strike because strike doesn't favour government? Are they striking not to favour government?Have i said any lie in all my descriptions of ASUU?Did you for once think about the students and the many families and dreams affected most in all these?
ASUU strike in Nigeria is not new to any government like you admitted. It is the students that bear the brunt that you should pity, yet you ask them to raise their school fees to at least 600,000 naira per annum. Just wow.
Like i said, schools can run efficiently in Nigeria without strike, they should learn from Oloyede of UNILORIN. That's my solution. The foreign schools they want to be like are not leeches on their governments, they source for funding. That's my solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Jagabanofafrica: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2022
We are not voting for APC

Yoruba lokan
TINUBU is the man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Chidywhite: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2022
APC is evil, what ever they put their hands never ever progress.

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by assholemods: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2022
Jostoman:
stop calling yourself Obidient, we the Obidient know ourselves. There is nothing political there let FG fulfill there to ASSU so that students can return back to school
Including their greedy and unrealistic requests?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by ogaontop(m): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2022
SafariHunter:

Just NEgedu ASUU matter
Bro it seems you're delusional by following all those media rubbish they talk
FG has not and will never even do these things you listed up there, ASUU is currently waiting for them to even make a request of what they can do, as I am talking to you now, NOTHING is on ASUU's table to consider!!
I even wonder where you got these information because FG cannot openly claim these things you said up there, NONE I mean none of those things have been Done!
UTAS has been in it's final stage of testing since March? hahaha
I am happy Pantami told them yesterday that IPPIS failed integrity test!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Education Graduates, Students To Get Automatic Employment, Stipends / Student Cuts Teacher With Machete For Punishing His Girlfriend In Enugu / Top 100 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.