Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) (31746 Views)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / ASUU Elects Emmanuel Osodeke As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by ogaontop(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2022
assholemods:

Including their greedy and unrealistic requests?
Do you know up till today, FG has no offer on ASUU's table
During an interview on 13th of July, ASUU chairman dared FG to tell Nigerians what they have to offer ASUU and since then, NOTHING has been said
ASUU said they don't want IPPIS , FG said NO
Pantami came out yesterday and declared that IPPIS has big loopholes, it failed their integrity test!!....among other demands which FG has offered nothing
Is it good to continue paying someone the same salary since 2009?

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Patriottt: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2022
You've said it all, wise words. Unfortunately majority of the citizensof this nation are daft, they are in love with their oppressors. I could bet that Buhari will be releceted if he contests for a third tenure.
scrolldown88:
Nigeria is a funny place. I find it totally baffling that even with all the decay in society, we are still debating whether or not to revote in a repressive government that has consistently impoverished the common man for 8 years.
At this point in a sane country, the present government would have been booted out.
The hunger and insecurity is biting. Government is insensitive to the plight of the common citizens. Yet still boldly seeking re-election.
Rich or poor, there's no joy in this country. The poor have it worst, because even poor man food is becoming unaffordable to them.
As for the rich, there's little rest, no freedom because of the many insecurities.
In a sane country:
At this point even if APC brings in John the Baptist as their candidate, they should be rejected. Anything short of that is re-enforcing bad behavior; and will seem like we're telling them to carry on with the 'good' work. APC shouldn't be considered no matter what or who they field.

As for PDP we've all seen what they have to offer. And it's not much different from what APC has currently done. In a sane country PDP won't be considered.

As for LP, I'm inclined to say they are the same as the 2 mentioned above. But voting them in gives a strong statement. A statement that says Nigerians are wiser and won't hesitate to vote out any party that does bad. A strong and bold statement that if you Bleep up you would be voted out at the next poll.
That's how countries grow. We have to move away from reelecting failing government, thereby reenforcing them, to changing failing government and trying new ones.
This kind of voters ideology is the only thing that will keep government on their toes and force them to deliver what they promised.
Right now APC can't promise anything because the promises of the past 8 years haven't been met.
We should stop encouraging bad government by reelecting them.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by HRMK: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2022
ASUU IS NOT ONLY BN SELFISH BUT ALSO GREEDY!WHAT IS THE STAFF STRENGH OF ASUU THAT COULD VOTE OUT APC?NO PARTY OR GOVERNMENT COULD AFFORD #1.2TR TO SETTLE THE UNION!THAT IS THE PLAIN TRUTH!!
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by chukkystar(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2022
donjazet:
All Obidients should spread these pictures below so that other people wouldn't fall prey to these evil people's tactics.

APC paid agents create multiple accounts to generate fake likes and shares to artificially amplify this man's support.
You my Friend are a F**king Legend, You caught them, alot do this rubbish manipulation
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Nukilia: 11:04am On Aug 13, 2022
ogaontop:

During an interview on 13th of July, ASUU chairman dared FG to tell Nigerians what they have to offer ASUU and since then, NOTHING has been said
Pantami came out yesterday and declared that IPPIS has big loopholes, it failed their integrity test!!....among other demands which FG has offered nothing

The government is insincere. This is the reason why the next president must have had experience either as a student of Nigerian university system of raised his children through the Nigerian system of education.

APC failed the people

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by GeneralDae: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2022
So ASUU is definitely political then. Is this just a sabotage during election period?

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by assholemods: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2022
ogaontop:

Who is ASUU to tell their employer the mode thru their salaries should be paid? Who does that? If there are loopholes it can be corrected. Is it not soft ware?
Greedy lecturers collecting salaries from different universities, that is one their grouse because IPPIS stoped that.
We all know that our government have failed but ASSU are just too greedy. The same problem they are facing is also affecting every part of the economy why are others not as greedy as them?

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Pravedk: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2022
donjazet:
All Obidients should spread these pictures below so that other people wouldn't fall prey to these evil people's tactics.

APC paid agents create multiple accounts to generate fake likes and shares to artificially amplify this man's support.

Don't mind them. They think they can brain wash us again. The 30k those BMCs collected go choke their throats

Peter Obi for President
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Banhammy717: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2022
You're a fool if you think that voting out APC will bring solution to ASUU Strike.

No Government can meet this overzealous demand of this present ASUU demand

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by ogaontop(m): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2022
bro4u:
ASUU should please STFU,, they're super selfish
When currently a professor in Nigeria is earning 315k
My uncle just left with his family to UK on an appointment (5k GBP) monthly!
Imagine a renowned professor of Physics earning 315k monthly and people are here calling him selfish!
I truly believe we are the cause of our problems!!!
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by ogaontop(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2022
assholemods:

Who is ASUU to tell their employer the mode thru their salaries should be paid? Who does that? If there are loopholes it can be corrected. Is it not soft ware?
Greedy lecturers collecting salaries from different universities, that is one their grouse because IPPIS stoped that.
We all know that our government have failed but ASSU are just too greedy. The same problem they are facing is also affecting every part of the economy why are others not as greedy as them?
Since 2019 When Committee of Vice Chancellors spoke of these loopholes(a situation where you have 5,000 staff and the suspended AGF is telling FG he pays 7,000, among others), why haven't they corrected the software.
UTAS did not account for double salaries from different universities, why haven't they accepted it?
Now ASUU said they should at least fulfill their 2009 agreement, wahala
Renegotiate the agreement to what you can do, wahala
Is the government not crazy
A professor is greedy for demanding a pay rise from 315k they are currently paying him since 2009
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by 9gerian: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2022
You may be right especially since most of the issues were inherited from the refusal of past governments honoring signed agreements. So it appears ASUU is holding the government to ransom over the 2023 elections this time around.

They may have been infiltrated and sponsored to insist on a showdown this time around. Once ASUU is through, other labor unions will start their own one after the other demanding better working conditions.

However, this in no way excuses the government’s need to wake up and attend to the only sector that Nigerians benefit from immensely in spite of the degradation over the years. Affordable Education is the only thing that Nigerians enjoy today, and should be sustained at ALL COSTS. In fact this affordable education is something that could give Nigeria and its citizens and edge over other economies of the world if properly managed. The trend is already there waiting to be harnessed.

Nigeria needs an economic blueprint that will endure if it must get out of all these labor union crisis.

A good government is all about the economy!

SafariHunter:
I am obedient but I actually agree with Adamu Garba when he said the ASUU strike has political undertones.
The FG has met their needs to a very large extent, 100% pay rise( excluding state uni which is very understandable as most states haven't even implemented minimum wage).
TET fund has released billions.
Earned allowances have been paid.
UTAS is at final stages of testing...

ASUU doesn't care about us, they have a sole responsibility to students and not telling us to vote out APC which we will already do...

Just NEgedu ASUU matter
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by RepoMan007: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2022
Lol. APC is Boko Haramic and will never side against anti western education advocates.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by adioolayi(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2022
Misleading headline...

Lazy youths.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by bizhop01: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2022
Any student that will vote for evil gangster's that ruin their future, the same evil men that celebrate their own children graduation abroad is doing it's self.
Such student need brain factory reset, this has nothing to do with their religion and tribe I strongly believe Nigeria student's should be wiser in 2022.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by patrick2015: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2022
ASUU has shown great capacity. ASUU is the only serious union in the country. Keep up the good work ASUU.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by providencia(m): 11:34am On Aug 13, 2022
SafariHunter:
I am obedient but I actually agree with Adamu Garba when he said the ASUU strike has political undertones.
The FG has met their needs to a very large extent, 100% pay rise( excluding state uni which is very understandable as most states haven't even implemented minimum wage).
TET fund has released billions.
Earned allowances have been paid.
UTAS is at final stages of testing...

ASUU doesn't care about us, they have a sole responsibility to students and not telling us to vote out APC which we will already do...

Just NEgedu ASUU matter

Before Apc ASUU was on a long strike. Leave politics out of ASUU.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Franklyspeakin: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2022
Osodekes ASUU chiarmans child attends Michael Okpara university of agriculture Umudike Abia state
DrRasheed:
We will definitely vote out these miscreants called APC. However, this guy tout shouldn't dare bank on our emotions to earn billions while his kids fraternise in Europe.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2022
Image123:

This is laughable, i guess you're a lecturer though

I'm not. Private sector worker, healthcare.

So i want ASUU to call of strike because strike doesn't favour government? Are they striking not to favour government?Have i said any lie in all my descriptions of ASUU?Did you for once think about the students and the many families and dreams affected most in all these?

At the end of the day, while all you said has a gin of truth, it still doesn't adress the problem...

ASUU strike in Nigeria is not new to any government like you admitted. It is the students that bear the grunt that you should pity, yet you ask them to raise their school fees to at least 600,000 naira per annum. Just wow.

So what is your solution? You guys complain of bad quality of educaiton, then when faced with the cost implication, you go 'wow'.

University costs money. Either raise fees, or watch as private universites surpass public universities....and then where would the poor graduates be in the job market?

Mock me, shout at me, it does not change the truth. The countries with good univerisites have high fees...or tax to gdp ratios of 45-50%...ours is 8.1%

Like i said, schools can run efficiently in Nigeria without strike, they should learn from Oloyede of UNILORIN. That's my solution. The foreign schools they want to be like are not leeches on their governments, they source for funding. That's my solution.
[/quote]

And your solution means raised fees....which is the only way they can stop being leeches. A solution you dismissed.

Money does not grow on trees.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Lexicent(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2022
What makes Obi different from the them?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by desiredhome: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2022
Qtrpst4:
I like it the way institutions are speaking up against APC and their evil especially now that agbado master has decided to add boko haram master to him self
ASUU is as greedy as the Nigerian politicians.....
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by truthfinder319: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2022
iiifedimma:
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by assholemods: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2022
ogaontop:

Since 2019 When Committee of Vice Chancellors spoke of these loopholes(a situation where you have 5,000 staff and the suspended AGF is telling FG he pays 7,000, among others), why haven't they corrected the software.
UTAS did not account for double salaries from different universities, why haven't they accepted it?
Now ASUU said they should at least fulfill their 2009 agreement, wahala
Renegotiate the agreement to what you can do, wahala
Is the government not crazy
A professor is greedy for demanding a pay rise from 315k they are currently paying him since 2009
Agricultural sector, health sector, transportation any sector you can think about in Nigeria is under mess! Why are the workers in all those areas not acting like ASUU?
I am not in anyway supporting FG but ASUU demands are always too outrageous and they want most of those demands almost instantly. Meanwhile they are also part of the decay in the universities they are pretending to safe...
Lectures victimizing students for no reason, demanding sex for mark etc These are also part of the causes of decay in our universities. Most of them don't even teach but they will be asking for better pay. .. Pots calling kettle black!
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Shawl001(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2022
they do not need to tell us, we know they should be voted out. they are heartless, selfish, confused, and without goal. we know who we wnat, and God helping us FEB 2023, we will go out and vote.

keep the hope alive.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Ayk8: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2022
scrolldown88:
Nigeria is a funny place. I find it totally baffling that even with all the decay in society, we are still debating whether or not to revote in a repressive government that has consistently impoverished the common man for 8 years.
At this point in a sane country, the present government would have been booted out.
The hunger and insecurity is biting. Government is insensitive to the plight of the common citizens. Yet still boldly seeking re-election.
Rich or poor, there's no joy in this country. The poor have it worst, because even poor man food is becoming unaffordable to them.
As for the rich, there's little rest, no freedom because of the many insecurities.
In a sane country:
At this point even if APC brings in John the Baptist as their candidate, they should be rejected. Anything short of that is re-enforcing bad behavior; and will seem like we're telling them to carry on with the 'good' work. APC shouldn't be considered no matter what or who they field.

As for PDP we've all seen what they have to offer. And it's not much different from what APC has currently done. In a sane country PDP won't be considered.

As for LP, I'm inclined to say they are the same as the 2 mentioned above. But voting them in gives a strong statement. A statement that says Nigerians are wiser and won't hesitate to vote out any party that does bad. A strong and bold statement that if you Bleep up you would be voted out at the next poll.
That's how countries grow. We have to move away from reelecting failing government, thereby reenforcing them, to changing failing government and trying new ones.
This kind of voters ideology is the only thing that will keep the government on their toes and force them to deliver what they promised.
Right now APC can't promise anything because the promises of the past 8 years haven't been met.
We should stop encouraging bad governments by reelecting them.

Bros, your claim can only yield if we have a new crop of politicians who are free from a culture of corruption which I think is impossible. Especially in Nigeria where 'cross carpeting' is the norm. It will be tough to believe the new party will deliver when you have a chip from the old bloc I.e if you have a member of the old and allegedly corrupt infested parties to spearhead or represent the new party.

Nigeria's politics is kind of puzzled.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by truthfinder319: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2022
Party chairman
Presidential candidate
Party spokesperson
Same Tribe.

iiifedimma:
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by truthfinder319: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2022
Is this the alternative?

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by bdon123(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:
We're voting APC out next year.

I'm ready to lose friends as we approach 2023 presidential election, I will sever ties with anyone that tries to cause more harm to this country including my friends.
You can't be my friend if you support bad politicians.
I disagree wit u.ASUU are fighting for their right...its your government that is heartless by reneging on previous agreement wit ASUU thereby keeping Universities shut down for 6 months.

But it appears ASUU is only after their own selfish interest, they don't really care about the plights of the students.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by desiredhome: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2022
scrolldown88:
In a sane country:

This kind of voters ideology is the only thing that will keep government on their toes and force them to deliver what they promised.
We should stop encouraging bad government by reelecting them.
One common problem among we developing nation (Nigeria) is blame game, blame everyone except themselves...........
The PDP that sold this country to foreign land with their excessive looting are now blaming the president government.........
A grown up man that will throw dirt into a rain will come tomorrow and complain of flood,....
A man who can't even take care of his immediate need will produce more children and begin to blame government tomorrow....
A young Nigerian will sleep in a church from morning till night expecting free job/miracle will still blame government for their frustration...
The pastorprenours that are collecting all manners of seeds (money) in disguise of giving to God with no impact on their members/society will come here to blame the government......
The youths that these thiefing politicians use to cause crisis in order for them to have their way will still come to blame blame Blame.......etc
Unfortunately the more you keep complaining and blaming the next person, the more things keep getting worst........
Until you Nigerians start asking questions, you keep running in circles........if you like bring a the best candidates in the world, with the greedy mentality of the average Nigerian, nothing will change......
When the youths are ready to ask questions without sentiments, region or tribe, then Nigeria will be getting better.....

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by naikeboy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2022
Confirm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Education Graduates, Students To Get Automatic Employment, Stipends / Top 100 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria / Student Cuts Teacher With Machete For Punishing His Girlfriend In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.