Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) (31745 Views)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / ASUU Elects Emmanuel Osodeke As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Omoslim26: 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2022
We will vote them out for certain,but una wey be ASUU sef na big problem to the country undecided
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by effort1: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2022
bro4u:
ASUU should please STFU,, they're super selfish

Lolz. Buhari and co sent their kids abroad. Can your own parents afford it? Can you afford it for your kids?

Can your educational institutions boast of the same quality as what obtains in those schools attended by Buhari's children?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by labelle123(f): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2022
Before nko?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Gfrank07: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:
We're voting APC out next year.

I'm ready to lose friends as we approach 2023 presidential election, I will sever ties with anyone that tries to cause more harm to this country including my friends.
You can't be my friend if you support bad politicians.

But it appears ASUU is only after their own selfish interest, they don't really care about the plights of the students.

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by oyebolaidris: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
What moral right do ASUU have not tell us who and who not to vote for? Some of us understand clearly greed is what is killing them, and unfortunately innocent students are affected.

The work in many universities at the same time, and refused to be on govt preferred payment system just becoz they don't want to be tracked.

This strike is about ASUU, and not Nigerian students

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by openmine(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
SafariHunter:
I am obedient but I actually agree with Adamu Garba when he said the ASUU strike has political undertones.
The FG has met their needs to a very large extent, 100% pay rise( excluding state uni which is very understandable as most states haven't even implemented minimum wage).
TET fund has released billions.
Earned allowances have been paid.
UTAS is at final stages of testing...

ASUU doesn't care about us, they have a sole responsibility to students and not telling us to vote out APC which we will already do...

Just NEgedu ASUU matter
The 100% pay rise which was agreed on by the Briggs committee setup by the FG will gallop over a trillion annually is actually one of the source of the conflict!
Utas was initially tested and confirmed 88-96% transparent but due to politics from the presidency,they went back to the media to lie that it was filled with glitches and errors instead of meeting ASUU to make the needed corrections on the platform....

Earned allowances?
Are you sure you know what you are saying?
How can they be paid allowances when they have not been paid salaries for more than 4 months now simply because of the no work no pay policy by the FG?

ASUU is actually asking for two things.....implementation of UTAS which had initially been confirmed a functional platform and renegotiation of the 2009 and 2020 agreement that was made for the revitalization of the university system!

If FG is not comfortable with the agreement/recommendations that was made by two committees that were setup by them on the issue of ASUU,why not call ASUU back again and renegotiate rather than go to the media to grandstand!

From my view point,the presidency are the ones at fault here and trying to use the media to act as if they are the victims and depict ASUU as selfish and greedy!
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Legendforte: 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2022
SafariHunter:
I am obedient but I actually agree with Adamu Garba when he said the ASUU strike has political undertones.
The FG has met their needs to a very large extent, 100% pay rise( excluding state uni which is very understandable as most states haven't even implemented minimum wage).

ASUU doesn't care about us, they have a sole responsibility to students and not telling us to vote out APC which we will already do...

Just NEgedu ASUU matter
You are on point

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by NothingDoMe: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
Image123:
Okay, wishing we could also vote ASUU out.
Who shut down the universities, government or ASUU? If ASUU wants/decide to resume on Monday, they will.
Should all other sectors go on strike because they are not world class? Abi what is this one saying, he forgot to tell us that they are all fighting for their own personal agenda.
The same shameful education system that will announce elections results with I need more light. They are as useless as the governors that have no brains to generate revenue and run a college apart from increasing student tuition and collecting money for damages and all sorts of rubbish.

If you are somehow fooled to think Obi is any better, look at this NL 2010 thread where ASUU blamed Obi for their lingering strike. Obi had no solution different from the current government, he said ASUU is not listening and shunning dialogue. Guess whatASUU accused Obi of, inexperience and deceitfulness.
Him Tu Lie, there's nothing new under the sun.
https://www.nairaland.com/541948/ASUU-blames-peter-obi-south#7043609

The sun seems to have deleted their link but you can still see vanguard for something similar. Perhaps, they too will delete the truth. i keep insisting these guys are no different from each other and will not do anything significantly better or different, stop touting them as Nigeria's messiah.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/anambra-varsity-teachers-move-to-end-strike/amp/
2010? What about 1980 na? No record? cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by SafariHunter(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
ogaontop:

Bro it seems you're delusional by following all those media rubbish they talk
FG has not and will never even do these things you listed up there, ASUU is currently waiting for them to even make a request of what they can do, as I am talking to you now, NOTHING is on ASUU's table to consider!!
I even wonder where you got these information because FG cannot openly claim these things you said up there, NONE I mean none of those things have been Done!
UTAS has been in it's final stage of testing since March? hahaha
I am happy Pantami told them yesterday that IPPIS failed integrity test!
Don't see the need for hurling insults .. Just state your points coherently and NEgedu..

Commot body o
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by LegalWolf: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

I'm ready to lose friends as we approach 2023 presidential election, I will sever ties with anyone that tries to cause more harm to this country including my friends.

But it appears ASUU is only after their own selfish interest, they don't really care about the plights of the students.

Talking as if you are that important. Who u epp if you severe friendship? On top PO that absolutely does not give a Bleep about you? Its just funning coz I see the repeat of 2015. I told people then that PMB will be a disaster but they disagreed. And I see similar pattern with the mass of uncritical fellowership PO attracts
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by michoim(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
Very very stupid ASUU President. He has become partisan. And that is the main reasin why they embark on strike in the first place. PDP under Jonathan promised you ( ASUU) something then but you were foolish enough not to embark on strike then. Only to start going on strike any how you like under APC. ..HYPOCRITES

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by adebambo13d: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2022
Nah lie. We all die here...Nah lie. We all die here......
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by ufotunang: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2022
What do you expect.. when you voted a president that does not have WAEC certificate
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by unclemat(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
SafariHunter:

Just NEgedu ASUU matter

There are no references to justify your write up.
100% pay rise is just a speculation. Govt has not made official statement on this and no University's union has been officially informed on this. It us just on newspaper.
Is there any evidence that TETFund released fund. What is read on newspaper is different from reality. Pls know that. TETfund financial supports to Universities are quite different from ASUU agitation.
Govt has not made her position known on ASUU demands.
I wish ASUU was selfish; ASUU would have agreed with Fed Govt on good pay while students pay between #500,000 and 1 million naira per session.
It is better to find out reality before putting up write up.
We all know that APC signifies All Promises Canceled, and ASUU does not want promises but implementation.
Thanks
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Image123(m): 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2022
29kobo:

I'm not. Private sector worker, healthcare.

At the end of the day, while all you said has a gin of truth, it still doesn't adress the problem...

So what is your solution? You guys complain of bad quality of educaiton, then when faced with the cost implication, you go 'wow'.

University costs money. Either raise fees, or watch as private universites surpass public universities....and then where would the poor graduates be in the job market?

Mock me, shout at me, it does not change the truth. The countries with good univerisites have high fees...or tax to gdp ratios of 45-50%...ours is 8.1%

And your solution means raised fees....which is the only way they can stop being leeches. A solution you dismissed.

Money does not grow on trees.

My solution wasn't just raising fees, raising fees have not worked in Nigeria. Nigerians only adjust but it doesn't solve the problem. The fees in the public institutions have been raised. Some of them are over 200% what they were just 20 years ago but the problem is even worse. There's a lot of drain and brainlessness around for raising fees alone to be the solution.
i mentioned foreign schools and in particular UNILORIN under Oloyede. What worked for them that they didn't join strike for about 20 years? The solution is NEVER strike, strike is a myopic and selfish thing.
Look at the foreign schools and their sources of funding. Here's Oxford University.
The three main sources of income are teaching, research and residential (38% of the aggregate income), legacies and donations (22%), and investment income (31%). Other income derives mostly from trading activity such as vacation conferences.

This is Cambridge below, it's not about taxing students oga.
Our major internal sources of funding are: Cambridge Trust, Gates Cambridge Trust, Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholars Programme, Research Councils and collectively College and departmental schemes.

We need to think outside our strike box, our lectures are not very brilliant. Here's Harvard

Harvard is funded, in part, by an endowment. The endowment includes thousands of philanthropic gifts donated since Harvard's early history, many of which were given to support specific aspects of Harvard's teaching and research work.
Last year, for example, Harvard University attracted more than $800 million in research funding, with 70 percent coming from the federal government.

You can read more [url=https://finance.harvard.edu/endowment%20]here[/url]

UNILORIN like i said didn't break the bank to avoid ASUU strike for over 20 years, so definitely strike or raising tuition alone is not the way out.
UNILORIN School Fees 2022/2023 Session. Below is a breakdown of the University of Ilorin school fees for new students and also that of returning students. Amount as school fees is N25,900 for new students. Amount as school fees is N25,000 for freshmen while Amount as school fees for old students is N27,000. You can still read about their current VC's stand on strike here.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
Image123:

My solution wasn't just raising fees, raising fees have not worked in Nigeria. Nigerians only adjust but it doesn't solve the problem. The fees in the public institutions have been raised. Some of them are over 200% what they were just 20 years ago but the problem is even worse. There's a lot of drain and brainlessness around for raising fees alone to be the solution.
i mentioned foreign schools and in particular UNILORIN under Oloyede. What worked for them that they didn't join strike for about 20 years? The solution is NEVER strike, strike is a myopic and selfish thing.
Look at the foreign schools and their sources of funding. Here's Oxford University.
The three main sources of income are teaching, research and residential (38% of the aggregate income), legacies and donations (22%), and investment income (31%). Other income derives mostly from trading activity such as vacation conferences.

This is Cambridge below, it's not about taxing students oga.
Our major internal sources of funding are: Cambridge Trust, Gates Cambridge Trust, Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholars Programme, Research Councils and collectively College and departmental schemes.

We need to think outside our strike box, our lectures are not very brilliant. Here's Harvard

You can read more [url=https://finance.harvard.edu/endowment%20]here[/url]

Yes, our universites should do that.

But on top of all that....fees for harvard, cambridge and oxford are high. It is not like they are free of charge.

Harvard is at least 50000 dollars, Cambridge is at least 12000 pounds, same as Oxford. And no, most of their student body cannot afford it like that...so they take loans, which have to be paid back in full. Add the fact that they are not run by government (harvard) or partially run (Cambridge, Oxford).

It isn't like they get all that extra funding, and then they come and charge fees of 500 dollars per session. No. Fees are sky high.

No how, no how, you need fees if you want good education.

Plus most other universites too rely heaviily on fees. Most UK universites rely on fees, ESPECIALLY from foreign students. (That's why many of them were opposed to Brexit in 2016).

Even Germany and Denmark and Finland that have free of charge universites...they fund them by tax rates as high as 50% . UK also pays for its universities through its high tax rate. And their tax to gdp ratios are very high.

Yes, you are right...your comment is very correct, and I wish Nigerian unis did the same thing...and I wish rich Nigerians too did more for their universites (and some do. Dangote for example). But if you want more cash for our universites...fees, raised fees has to be part of the story.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by TenQ: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

Meaning that ASUU should throw in the towel and be OBEDIENT to APC and the Presidency.

Do you know why there are just two unions that can face the Government?
ASUU and NMA!

Where are the other unions!?
Could it be that they love fellow Nigerians more OR they have been conquered by the government!?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Jonegonu: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
They should vote out APC because they fail to be bent on your demand. Let me ask you if the government of the day have agreed to your greedy request, will you be asking Nigerians to vote them out. Nigerians are no longer dwarf. We no all this tactics.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by SAMBARRY: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

APC and PDP are birds of a feather.na them dey cross carpet when it favours or disfavours them.moreover this is exactly what the politicians want.a divided Polity so that they can keep having a field day.

Don't be deceived, APC and PDP Politicians are friends behind closed doors.they bethote their kids to each other and attend each others parties.its when they want to be manipulative they act like they're enemies
Don't be fooled.i for one I'm looking for other smaller non popular Political parties.i have had enough of PDP and APC.we have seen how far They have destroyed Nigeria with their inconsistent policies and egocentric, insensitive,anti people and narcisstic decisions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by goody234: 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
These fake tinubu paid trolls are even editing peoples comments pls beware
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Judolisco(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

jst go out and look at the government secondary schs around you... Also look at d vocational centres.... That's what our universities would have been reduced to if not for ASUU... All dis tetfund projects ASUU fought for it... In fact we need more organisation like ASUU... If we have like 5 unions like ASUU d country would have been much more better... Labour union have been compromised...
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
Buhari will be like, infact dis strike won't be called off again till 2023 cool

Without delay, we will surely sweep dem out comes 2023
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Oilwell(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
donjazet:
All Obidients should spread these pictures below so that other people wouldn't fall prey to these evil people's tactics.

APC paid agents create multiple accounts to generate fake likes and shares to artificially amplify this man's support.

Thanks bro. You are a good investigator and analyst
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by everyevery: 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2022
ASUU is 100% right
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by franudi: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
Mr. Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by kaludestiny10(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
And whose fault is it? Certainly the lecturers are not at fault here but our heartless leaders at all level of government who do not want anything good for the citizens of this country.
dollar124:

Were they working for months without salary? Were they owed when they were working?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by stuffs4me(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2022
iiifedimma:
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

God forbid bad thing like Peter Pandora should be voted in Nigeria.

Apart from tribalism and BIGOTRY no sane Human being should even think of voting that EVIL MURDERER GAYMAN called Pandora OBITUARY

ONLY a VERY WICKED and EVIL person will wish that Nigerians vote such a DESPICABLE thief like Pandora OBITUARY as president.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by jom28gy(m): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
Voting APC out next year,is a sure banker
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by kjsun15: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2022
God1000:

Do you watch the video? Try and watch the video. There you will see that ASUU is not fighting for themselves only.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by jattopeter(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Were you suppost to told before you know we have to vote them out?
Common sense should have tell you.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) by Shikini: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2022
Good advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Education Graduates, Students To Get Automatic Employment, Stipends / Top 100 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria / Student Cuts Teacher With Machete For Punishing His Girlfriend In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.