Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? (11535 Views)

Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Moses1111: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2022
If church no change you change church
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by staga: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Righthussle:
Those lies no be wetin people wan hear again.
There lies the problem. People will join themselves to preachers who will preach only what they want to hear. They will preach "love and inclusiveness" rather than condemn homosexuality, and will preach an unbalanced prosperity gospel without touching on the character traits of maintaining integrity.

Read Revelation Chapter 13 - 15. It will tell you all you need to know. We are now at the stage of the "shaking of nations" before the son of perdition will be revealed.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by timay1: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

...And Tithing is truth?!! Those pastors are deceiving themselves and their members.

No Tithing is probably false as well.

They just probably decided to focus on the profitable lie, which is tithing grin
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Prettylima(f): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Yeah love ib a while but my pastor sabi prosperity preaching no be small [center][/center] grin check my signature I produce all kinds of packaging cartons
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by oluwaseyi0: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

...And Tithing is truth?!! Those pastors are deceiving themselves and their members.

No tithing is not truth

But at least the pastors get to enjoy life, get private jets, wear designer suit, Bleep many pussy and generally enjoy what our beautiful planet have to offer rather than a wantom false and non existing promise of heaven
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Dammnnn !!!

To be Obident is the only way to be saved if rapture comes

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by staga: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

The doctrine of rapture is a false doctrine. It is pagan and not Christian.

Revelation 14 verse 16.

14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man[b] with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

May you all receive knowledge and wisdom to prepare for what is to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Chinachriss(m): 10:35am On Aug 14, 2022
AG for life. I really thank God for Assemblies of God Church. We still preach the truth and are ever prepared for rapture.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Chinachriss(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2022
staga:

Revelation 14 verse 16.

14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man[b] with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

I Thessalonians 4:

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2022
staga:

Revelation 14 verse 16.

From the verses you quoted it is clear the the doctrine of rapture is not in the holy bible. May u receive truth for there is no salvation in falsehood.
The bible teaches that Christ is coming to earth. That's what the verses you quoted prove. Man will not rapture to heaven
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by staga: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2022
manchesterboy:
The gospel of christ is the gospel of repentance not restitution. Stop deceiving people.

You are the one who is probably deceived. Read Luke 19 verse 7 to 9, especially verse 8 and read the response of Jesus Christ in verse 9.

7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by selfemployed(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2022
ikorodureporta:
All that threat message wey dem dey use scam us cheesy

Personally, I don't think I can go out to preach. How can you tell someone to give his/her life to Christ just the first time you met.. imagine telling other religious group that... It's a lot of disrespect...I think love shl be preached instead

God is love

And God is not limited by religion, culture or tribe.

I remember those days when I believe if you're not from my denomination, then you're going to hell.

Lol
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Mrpojj(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2022
ebubeson:
Does your church still preach hard truth such as rapture, restitution, great tribulation etc? Or are they still on motivational speaking?
Steady
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Mrpojj(m): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2022
begood2GEJ:
Proudly a member of Assemblies of God where truth is preached no matter whose ox is gored.
Ag for life
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by staga: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

From the verses you quoted it is clear the the doctrine of rapture is not in the holy bible. May u receive truth for there is no salvation in falsehood.

The rapture will come following the sequence of events in the scripture I showed you. Christians will be here when the mark of the beast is revealed, but they will be taken after three and a half years.

God allowed the COVID pandemic and the lockdowns to give Christians a test run of how governments will take control of every aspect of human life and limit access to food and other essentials. If you are a Christian and you have not started to prepare for a world where you will lack access to food, water, healthcare and ability to earn a living except you have the mark, you will be in for a surprise.

Go and look at what Bill Gates has been buying since the pandemic. By his own confession, his family had a full pantry stored with food. Since then, he has been buying up farmland and buying stakes in food and water production companies. Richard Branson holed himself up on his own private island with his own supplies.

It is amazing how the children of the world know what's up, but those who profess Christ continue to operate without wisdom.

As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the last days.

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2022
staga:

The rapture will come following the sequence of events in the scripture I showed you. Christians will be here when the mark of the beast is revealed, but they will be taken after three and a half years.

God allowed the COVID pandemic and the lockdowns to give Christians a test run of how governments will take control of every aspect of human life and limit access to food and other essentials. If you are a Christian and you have not started to prepare for a world where you will lack access to food, water, healthcare and ability to earn a living except you have the mark, you will be in for a surprise.

Go and look at what Bill Gates has been buying since the pandemic. By his own confession, his family had a full pantry stored with food. Since then, he has been buying up farmland and buying stakes in food and water production companies. Richard Branson holed himself up on his own private island with his own supplies.

It is amazing how the children of the world know what's up, but those who profess Christ continue to operate without wisdom.

As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the last days.
What you wrote sounds interesting the only problem is that it's the doctrine of men. Christ did not teach all these.
“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:50am On Aug 14, 2022
They still think we are scared. They don't know we've been waiting for aeons and not letting our guards down for this rapture and great tribulation to take place.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by staga: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2022
Chinachriss:

I Thessalonians 4:

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Yes, this is what will happen when the angel swings the sickle to reap the earth.
Remember the parable of the wheat and the tares (Matthew 13)

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”

37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by EponOjuku: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2022
How will they preach those things when most of the Pastors are thieves that God will still punish.

Most of these Lagos churches, if you dare preach rapture and great tribulation, half of your members won't come back the following week, some leaders inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by middlebelter(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2022
Righthussle:
Those lies no be wetin people wan hear again.

Did you say restitution, rapture etc are lies? Invariably saying the scripture is a not the true word of God? If my interpretation of your comment is correct then you are an Antichrist agent.
Every spirit that is against the truth of the Bible is of Antichrist.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by staga: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

What you wrote sounds interesting the only problem is that it's the doctrine of men. Christ did not teach all these.
“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”

If you are waiting for Christ to come back to explain it all to you in plain print, then you will wait forever.

See what Christ said in Matthew 13:

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the [a]mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. [/b]14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

[b]‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I [b]should heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

See also the words of Christ in Matthew 24:

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, [b]pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 [b]“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. [/b]10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 [b]But he who endures to the end shall be saved. [/b]14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

Read this Wion TV report on verse 22: scientists have noticed that the days are getting shorter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2rUtp7g3ms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09x9eztzhAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiTmcB_kuPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tknlGfqHkY8

You cannot hide your head in the sand anymore.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Chinachriss(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2022
Egbeomorere:

please sir help a brother with little amount to eat the hunger is unbearable things are really tough please help me
staga:

Yes, this is what will happen when the angel swings the sickle to reap the earth.
Remember the parable of the wheat and the tares (Matthew 13)

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”

37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Nice one brother.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2022
Na salvation we come for.

God please save us from Nigerian gyehs
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Ekugbeh(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2022
Yes. In CHRIST EMBASSY
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by cobby14(m): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2022
The end time is inevitable
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by flamingREED(m): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2022
Though there are 1000 prophets of Baal and 10 000 more prophets of the belly, it would not stop the rapture from taking place.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by phemmyfour: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2022
ebubeson:
Does your church still preach hard truth such as rapture, restitution, great tribulation etc? Or are they still on motivational speaking?
When last did you go to Church? There is always altar call at the end of the message irrespective of the topic/message from the preacher

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Churches Turned Into Mosques / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? / Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.