Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? (11542 Views)

Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by DaRuud(m): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
ebubeson:
Does your church still preach hard truth such as rapture, restitution, great tribulation etc? Or are they still on motivational speaking?
Now it's about tithe,back in those days i thought pastoring was free until Living Faith sacked some pastors and their salary was exposed
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Ogunleti01: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
99.9% of church announcement, preaching now revolves round money. seed of blessing, vow and journey mercy, evangelism fund, fund for Good women, band anniversary contribution, general offering going to the headquarters e.t.c everything about Christianity today is money

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Timfreds(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
Few churches still preach those hard Word. E.g Deeper Life.
REDEEM only teach it in Sunday School, never in the main message when most members are seated.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by maxzzo1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
Yes, last 3 week Sunday school topics(rapture and great tribulations js last week) especially in July and August is reoccurring every year...
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Are the questions too difficult for you to answer?

You said I added my own happy ending. So show me where is the happy ending that you say I added.

From your Bible, tell us What happens after people meet Jesus in the clouds?
I have already directed you where you can find that answers
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Jokerman(m): 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

I am not sure you read Matthew 24. Jesus never said it. Please do not blasphem. Or point to the verse that speaks about the rapture of believers.

Read and understand Sir

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by PharmacyStore: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Many churches don't preach about it anymore
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by benjaminlawson(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Let us not condemn all Churches that they are not preaching the truth, there some churches are still standing by the truth of the Gospel. Any heavenly bond citizens can choose, like ...
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by ABBEYsammy01(m): 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
Yes, on regular basis, about five weeks ago, we dwell on RESTITUTION; three weeks ago, it was RAPTURE; Last two weeks, it was BRIDE WITHOUT SPORT OR WRINKLES; Last week, THE DAYS OF TRIBULATION (The mother of all tribulations); and today, we discussed PARADISE.

* Paradise is a beautiful place to spend your eternity, it is meant only for the righteous.
So, my brother and sisters, live a righteous lives in Christ Jesus so that you won't miss the beauty and pleasure of paradise.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jokerman:

Read and understand Sir

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
bro, I am not sure you read the verses before sending. These verses speak of the second coming of Christ and not a rapture.
Please just do the hard work of reading before sending. Thanks
If you are a bit confused, just read the entire chapter and you would understand.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jokerman:

Read and understand Sir

24:31 And he shall send his angels wi a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
since you refuse to read the entire chapter, let me help you with a few selected verses.
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

This chapter is about the second coming of Christ not some imaginary rapture.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by ThankGodFriday(m): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
Righteousness2:
The End is not near.. the End is Here..
This World is about to Explode!
The World is about to enter into a complete of state of lawlessness, Great Tribulation, depression, pains , etc as never ever before.

Anytime from now! The Trumpet will sound and the saints will be taken away.

The next events that happen on earth is better not imagined.

Take advantage of the opportunity we have now and do the needful.
Take advantage of the opportunity we have now and come to JESUS Christ.

I want to give my life to Jesus Christ
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by michaelwestern(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
You shouldn't be preaching rapture to Christians every Sunday. That's why we have a lot of "grown up" baby Christians.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Righteousness2(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
ThankGodFriday:

I want to give my life to Jesus Christ
Wonderful!
I will be glad to lead you.
Send me a chat on whatsapp!+2347034629706.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Okpetruth(m): 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
ebubeson:
Does your church still preach hard truth such as rapture, restitution, great tribulation etc? Or are they still on motivational speaking?
YES O. If you live at ojo LGA,pls visit us at ARATUMI IBA- new site opposite Engr. Peter St. The name OF ithe church is VOICE OF PRAISE AND GRACE INT'L MINISTRY (VPGM)aka EXPERIENCE A PARADISE LIFE. My pastor name is Apostle Elijah Ogaga. Come and you will never be disappointed. God bless you as you do. HALLELUJAH!!!
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Okpetruth(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
Righthussle:
Those lies no be wetin people wan hear again.
what lies are you talking about? God have mercy on you.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Okpetruth(m): 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most churches don’t preach about rapture anymore, they are fully in the money making business
Nor be lie my brother. Almost all of them. Even some dey pray and bless Yahoo boys.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Any church which preached all those scary things will only be filled with retirees, church is a business that booms with working class people, especially politicians
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

I have already directed you where you can find that answers

I didn't ask you for directions. I asked...

You said I added my own happy ending. So show me where is the happy ending that you say I added.

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Princewell2012(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
raphretle:
My Church AG still preaches the end time message...
Some pastors are just afraid of making mistakes while interpreting the messages in the book of revelation,hence they tend to go for the easy ones...
Hmm I think am one of them. I don't really understand that tribulation things to the Best of my knowledge hence why I decided to avoid it. I believed it but don't really know how to break it down for others to understand it. I believe salvation is personal. Though I will do my best as an evangelist to lead people to Christ but those deeper massage or topic I leave it for pastors.
Happy Sunday.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by nizelgirl(f): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
YES, THAT IS WHAT AFC IS KNOWN FOR. MAY GOD HELP HIS CHILDREN IN THIS CHRISTIAN RACE.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by edoairways: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
Mhykel217:
Lol

rapture is coming soon!!!

We've been hearing it sinz 1901
The day you die, your rapture has occurred
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

True you didn't ask because you don't realize that all you need is direction. I got to know there was no rapture from reading the bible. You can learn so much of your own from doing the same. You don't need me to answer all your questions.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

True you didn't ask because you don't realize that all you need is direction.

That still leaves the following questions unanswered...

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

That still leaves the following questions unanswered...

Read your bible
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

Read your bible

You still haven't answered the questions.

Don't you read your Bible?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

bible
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Princewell2012(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
Timfreds:
Few churches still preach those hard Word. E.g Deeper Life.
REDEEM only teach it in Sunday School, never in the main message when most members are seated.
Hmm this is deep.
I have personal experience it too. I don't know the reasons for that. Not everyone will be Around doing Sunday school. Maybe the Sunday massages were ment for baby Christians.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Princewell2012(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Hmm I don't know why am even following you guys. Am waiting for you to come to a logical conclusion. Am interested in this topic. A lots of people also want to learn something from you so these argument with that guy is not adding up at all.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by studentofTruth: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
My question is this: how is this Jewish deity different from the Sango and Amadoha of our forefathers?

Seriously looking for who can prove that it's different.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by placeofallure(f): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
ebubeson:

My church will never take away those from their sermon list. We're old school to some people but we're who we are. ECWA - Evangelical Church Winning All
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by DSC7: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gerard28:

Have you been to the Catholic Church Before?

Catholic was the 3rd church i stepped my foot...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Churches Turned Into Mosques / Bishop David Abioye Sunday Messages, Wednesday And International Message For Fre / What Makes Rich Men To Steal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.