Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? (11561 Views)

Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
Jokerman:

My brother, Rapture itself will happen... even Jesus himself said it in Matthew 24.

1. Great Tribulation
2. Rapture of believers
3. Wrath of God on Antichrist and those who receive his mark
I am not sure you read Matthew 24. Jesus never said it. Please do not blasphem. Or point to the verse that speaks about the rapture of believers.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by staga: 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

Which verse says so
Rev 20:
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Read Revelation 16 - 20 in its entirety.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

You have the bible sir. What did the bible say would happen next?
If you do not know then why add your own happy ending? As Christians we depend on revelation. We don't add what we think or imagine just to create an interesting story

Where is the happy ending that you say I added?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2022
staga:

Rev 20:
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Read Revelation 16 - 20 in its entirety.
Oga please read what you are posting. Nothing here speaks of the rightous rapturing to heaven. Are you sure you read before sending?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Where is the happy ending that you say I added?
The verse speaks of people meeting Jesus in the clouds but you added a heavenly rapture.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Rapture4real(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
Great Question. This is the core of Christ's redemptive work. We must not be carried away by the mundane things of this world.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

The verse speaks of people meeting Jesus in the clouds but you added a heavenly rapture.

Good. Where is the happy ending that you say I added?

What happens after people meet Jesus in the clouds?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Good. Where is the happy ending that you say I added?
did you not read what I wrote?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:
did you not read what I wrote?

Yes. That's why I asked you...show me Where is the happy ending that you say I added?

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Sholmakem(f): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
Yes o . Like every Sundays sermon .
I pray may God help us to prepare ourselves for him .
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Yes. That's why I asked you...show me Where is the happy ending that you say I added?

I have answered your question to the best of my ability. I don't know what more answer you need. Maybe I am not understanding your question. But to summarize what I'm saying Bible never spoke of a heavenly rapture. That was added by modern day Christians.
And just because you pastor said it does not make it true.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

I have answered your question to the best of my ability. I don't know what more answer you need. Maybe I am not understanding your question. But to summarize what I'm saying Bible never spoke of a heavenly rapture. That was added by modern day Christians.

Don't you know the meaning of "show me"?

show me Where is the happy ending that you say I added?

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Don't you know the meaning of "show me"?

show me Where is the happy ending that you say I added?

I have told you, depend on your bible for answers not me and definitely not your pastor.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

I have told you, depend on your bible for answers not me and definitely not your pastor.

You said I added my own happy ending. So show me Where is the happy ending that you say I added.

From your Bible, tell us What happens after people meet Jesus in the clouds?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

You said I added my own happy ending. So show me where is the happy ending that you say I added.

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

You said I added my own happy ending. So show me Where is the happy ending that you say I added.

Baba, let's not keep going round in circles. We have both made our points and we know where we both stand. It's ok not to agree. If you find a verse that speaks about a heavenly rapture then we can both learn but for not, I choose to stick to the revealed word.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

Baba, let's not keep going round in circles. We have both made our points and we know where we both stand. It's ok not to agree. If you find a verse that speaks about a heavenly rapture then we can both learn but for not, I choose to stick to the revealed word.
You haven't answered my questions...

You said I added my own happy ending. So show me where is the happy ending that you say I added.

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Awonaiye201: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
ebubeson:
Does your church still preach hard truth such as rapture, restitution, great tribulation etc? Or are they still on motivational speaking?

That is what RCCG have been teaching from the past 3 to 5 weeks now, it was teaching throughout all their parishes world wide.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my questions...

I have answered your question sir. The bible does not teach rapture. If you agree to that, then we can continue
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

I have answered your question sir. The bible does not teach rapture. If you agree to that, then we can continue

You haven't answered the simple questions.

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Baba, do you from today agree that there is no rapture?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

Baba, do you from today agree that there is no rapture?

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Cloud007: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
What does Holy Spirit led you to preach. We should be above those judgment and others.

We are in the era of closeness to God, divine mercy. The era of choosing a side, the season of encounter with the Holy Spirit.

Don't teach for the Holy Spirit. Let him do his work.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Stalemate
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

Stalemate

Still doesn't answer the questions...

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by tctrills: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
lexy2014:

Still doesn't answer the questions...

Stalemate
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by lexy2014: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
tctrills:

Stalemate

Are the questions too difficult for you to answer?

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by flockofpips: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
My pastor preach it today
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by gulfer: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
Virtually all churches I've been to stopped talking about most of the prophesies in the revelations since 2012 or thereabout, now it's earthly prosperity that's on the board grin grin grin
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by Vokians(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
ikorodureporta:
All that threat message wey dem dey use scam us cheesy

Personally, I don't think I can go out to preach. How can you tell someone to give his/her life to Christ just the first time you met.. imagine telling other religious group that... It's a lot of disrespect...I think love shl be preached instead
I'm not sure you are a true christian so you don't know the meaning of give your life to Christ.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? by bekpo(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
ebubeson:
Does your church still preach hard truth such as rapture, restitution, great tribulation etc? Or are they still on motivational speaking?

Yes: Assemblies of God preaches those sermon. As that's d great commission!

Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? / Jesus Christ Perform Solat / Do You Support God's Decision Of Sending 2 Bears To Maul 42 Kids To Death