Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt (23808 Views)

FG Begins Payment Of 8-month Salary Backlog To Breakaway ASUU Faction / BREAKING: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Go / Our Insistence On Quota System Is Causing Serious Problem On Our Education - Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by danietohbadt(m): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2022
OboOlora:
Just because some past administration like IBB and Obasanjo did it doesn’t make it the norm, ASUU needs to think twice and be realistic.

The country is facing the worst recession in its history and the treasury is almost empty. Even people that have been working are owed salary so how would the govt pay the ones that haven’t worked for 6months

As useless and selfish as the govt is, I do not support this at all.

A time is coming when no one would send ASUU again, either our kids are in private Uni or they learn a trade.

Let ASUU continue to think they can earn without working, it will shock them like Drs during ARD strike

Bashir Ahmed resigned as Presidential Aide three months ago to contest for an elective position.

Three months after, it was discovered he's been receiving full salary even without working.

What do we call that?

Your post is as useless as APC

5 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Abokilongthing: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2022
I want know if na senator da demand for this money do you think bubu will keep them holding for this long , or if na Aso rock supplementary budgets do you think it will linger for this long Nigeria wake up ooo enough of this Vote wisely this time... we've waited for this too long to make same mistake of 2015... if you vote wrongly Leki towlgate will happen again, hunger will increase more

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 7:47am On Aug 19, 2022
Timekeeper452:
no they aren’t. Won’t they work to cover for that 6 months strike? Or will they just skip the 6months work and jump to new curriculums?
Omo!
Nigeria get big problem ooo... And you now you go school?

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:48am On Aug 19, 2022
Jagabanofafrica:

Can you talk to ur father like dat, useless IPOB member, go and vote for ur BIAFRA man.
Tinubu is ur next President in JESUS name
Yoruba lokan

Cheap paid shameless bastard. I know your foolish drunk father and your useless good for nothing prostitute mother could not give you the basic things in life, that's why you are jumping like an orangutan because of peanuts thrown at you. Bastard!

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:49am On Aug 19, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
you're an illiterate with empty brain since you couldn't comprehend that post.
typical ipob slowpoke

I know you are wise and full of wisdom. You are the FG, people were on strike for one, two, three months you did nothing tangible to end the strike. It lingered for six good months, and you are saying you wont pay them? So you would want them to forfeit their six months salary without minding how they coped for six months of you not paying them! But a Bashir who have no contributions to human development and knowledge base of this nation is earning almost twice the take home of a Prof? Now i know indeed your wisdom is out of this world

3 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 7:49am On Aug 19, 2022
dogmart:

I tire o.
i don't even understand whats going on in this country.

You decided as an employeee to go on strike to fight for what u term to b right. Did they tell u there wont be casualties during fights,?

Expecting to be paid for work not done is nothing short of Corruption.
Bros religion and tribe no make many dey reason well.... Na different thing to go school ...na different thing to get sense ... Se government wan collect school fees again ni to pay them... I no just understand and some people here supporting ASUU....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:50am On Aug 19, 2022
Benwallt:
Vulnerable dingbat. Tueh!

FOOLISH STUPID BASTARD!
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2022
Maj196:
Since they will cover the time lost. So they must be paid. However,this will serve as a cautionary tale and deterrent for them in case of future strikes
They can't cover anything, rather they will manipulate their school calendars, and if that happens, who bear the consequences? Of course the students did. How can you pay someone for doing nothing? It doesn't make sense to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by femicyrus(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2022
What will it cause FG to declare vacancy in all FG universities with an opportunity to reform the sector?

There are more (X3) PhD holders in Nigeria doing nothing than all the lecturers currently on government payroll.

This is not medical line that the risk is too high now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by EmahBoss(f): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2022
They should not be paid for work not done. This will curb their excesses. The hope that they will be paid whether they work or not is why it takes them. nothing to strike not minding the academic progress of the students .

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by duduade: 7:52am On Aug 19, 2022
stanisbaratheon:
It has gotten to that point where the government is using every avenue of blackmail on ASUU. was the 6 months salary demand the main reason they went on strike? Why make the public believe the 6 months salary demand is why they are on strike?

Thank you o

Adamu has shown that true true once you take a political post there is no going back on how the brain begins to disintegrate

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:52am On Aug 19, 2022
Angelfrost:
Well, if this industrial action is not amicably resolved before campaigns officially kick off next month, then APC/Tinubu are in serious trouble!

They knew this already, hence, the reason for the mounted pressure grin.
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by JJuanMiguel: 7:53am On Aug 19, 2022
BigIyanga:

ASUU is not losing.. young Nigerians like you are going to lose. OBJ paid them after strike, GEJ paid them. GMB will pay
What will happen if GMB doesn't pay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Backpedal: 7:53am On Aug 19, 2022
This govt is very very irresponsible

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by emmyileri(m): 7:54am On Aug 19, 2022
Very useless government. If individuals can buy presidential form of #100million why can't the government afford it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 7:55am On Aug 19, 2022
femicyrus:

If student can be kept idle for 6 months, what is extra year?
ASUU must not be paid for doing nothing.
Payment should start from where academic activities was restarted
Simple... Let's just be realistic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by blamingthedevil: 7:56am On Aug 19, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:
See what the useless foolish demented drug criminal called Tinupoo brought upon Nigeria.

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 7:56am On Aug 19, 2022
biafranrealson:
Another month is to be added soon , the 7th and 8th month.
The loot by the accountant general can pay all these arrears unless Buhari and malamu has cornered the guy at one uncompi and reloot the loot , hence their quite mode
Orisirisi
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Blessing0305(f): 7:56am On Aug 19, 2022
mathewLonger:
*Government 'No Work, No Pay' and Lecturers' No Pay, No Work in Arrears*

Minister of Education said lecturers would not be paid their 6 months withheld salaries. It is very unfortunate that the Minister does not understand the operations of the ministry he is heading. The implications are far reaching and I will state some of them here:

1. Spilled-over students whose results are yet to get approval from Senate would not be attended to because these are academic works in arrears (2021/2022 session) that government does not want to pay for. So, no graduation.

2. Final year students who have written exams or yet to write will remain on campus because their scripts will not be marked and the outstanding semester exams will not be conducted. These are academic works in arrears (2021/2022) that government does not want to pay for.

3. For other levels (1 to 3 or to 5), each student should be ready for extra one year or semester as the case may be. If exams have been conducted for second semester, then those students have one semester more. But if results of first semester have not been released, then one extra year. This is because no academic works in arrears would be attended to because government does not want to pay to them.

4. As long as final year students are not graduated, no new intakes and the ripple implication is that JAMB will continue to have backlogs of students waiting to be admitted.

4. The summary of this is that all 2021/2022 session academic works in arrears will not be attended to because they are all works in arrears that government want lecturers to do without without being paid for.

So, it is very unreasonable for government to state that lecturers will not be paid withheld salaries. Lecturers job is not like any ministry job. Adamu Adamu need to get that into his skull.

For parents, stakeholders and students, one does not need to explain further the implications of all this. So, it appears that government is winning the battles but not the war.

Osuala, U.S.
ASUU does not have all the tertiary schools in Nigeria, there are others where jamb can fix them. Secondly, about the finalists and co, so far we have already added an extra year so what more is there to lose. I support fg on this one.
Let this be the sacrifice ASUU is willing to make as our fathers fighting for the younger generation as they claim. Students have already sacrificed time, they should sacrifice money, fg will sacrifice their political ambition,all for a better Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Echoban: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2022
bigpicture001:
They shld pay them half the salaries....

ND henceforth include it in the lecturers employment contract clause, that if u join the strike anytime within ur teaching years..... ur salaries will be paid half henceforth

This has been my stance. They should collect 50% and move on.. haba ,.

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by noble71(m): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2022
RabbitGuy:

What rate are you buying one pi? Pls state it here not dm etc. If it is okay I will chat u
#310/Pi presently. If you have bulk rate is higher.
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by intruder15(m): 7:58am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:
When Federal Government came up with the "No work, no pay policy", I knew it was a joke. That 6 months salary owed by the government during the strike will be another issue and must be paid before further negotiations are made.

But you can't try this abroad. Expecting the whites to pay you for not working? It's morally wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 7:58am On Aug 19, 2022
biafranrealson:

Your mumu is uncountable.
Strike or no strike , you must pay
Lolzzzz.... You shouldn't be made the manager of a company ..you will ruin the place ....
And calling me mumu saying money not worked for shouldnt be paid... Alaiye oma shoriburuku ni... Ogun lo ma pa e

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 7:59am On Aug 19, 2022
leo2020:
Exactly.. but our people have been programmed to always blame govt hence beclouding their normal sense of reasoning. How would any sane human being try to claim 6months salary for sleep at home in a country where people who go to work haven't been fully paid.
People get problem pass government ... Baba na me talk am... Just see through the comment ... Who wan help citizens with this kind of reasoning... Leave your business to a Nigerian man at your own risk ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by profudus(m): 8:01am On Aug 19, 2022
The work that would have been done by lecturers within the six months is still undone and ASUU members are expected to do it. However, if FG insists on non-payment of the six months salaries, then lecturers will start a new session, leaving the work for the last 6 months for government to do. It is no use bringing non-payment of salary at this time because it will be resisted by ASUU. After all,
the strike was declared by ASUU due to FG failure in implementing agreement reached in 2020.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 8:03am On Aug 19, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:

Cheap paid shameless bastard. I know your foolish drunk father and your useless good for nothing prostitute mother could not give you the basic things in life, that's why you are jumping like an orangutan because of peanuts thrown at you. Bastard!
Nawa ooo
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Greenlight123: 8:03am On Aug 19, 2022
students should go out there and find something to do bcz this strike na long one
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Ayodeoba: 8:04am On Aug 19, 2022
ThiefnubuBandit:
See what the useless foolish demented drug criminal called Tinupoo brought upon Nigeria.
all this yeye mod will not see this one now o,but when people counter his comment back,ban straight

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by sanny1(m): 8:04am On Aug 19, 2022
noble71:
shocked
If you are a student find something doing because it will be a long ride.

Vote wisely.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us.
I have plenty whasapp me 0 8 1 3 6 8 1 0 0 50
Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by zikter(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2022
OboOlora:
Just because some past administration like IBB and Obasanjo did it doesn’t make it the norm, ASUU needs to think twice and be realistic.

The country is facing the worst recession in its history and the treasury is almost empty. Even people that have been working are owed salary so how would the govt pay the ones that haven’t worked for 6months

As useless and selfish as the govt is, I do not support this at all.

A time is coming when no one would send ASUU again, either our kids are in private Uni or they learn a trade.

Let ASUU continue to think they can earn without working, it will shock them like Drs during ARD strike
The government is only grandstanding and being useless as usual. Do they claim they don't know what labour laws say on industrial action as relates to salaries and wages? Again, did ASUU cause the strike in the first place? Why is the government finding it difficult to fulfill agreements it signed with ASUU or even renegotiate? There only focus is to embezzle public funds.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 8:05am On Aug 19, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:

They can't cover anything, rather they will manipulate their school calendars, and if that happens, who bear the consequences? Of course the students did. How can you pay someone for doing nothing? It doesn't make sense to me.
I love your signature... I rely on one cus I bliv I am flexible enough to adjust to any government policy to give my self a better life... I blame no one for my failure

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt by Fearyourcreator: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2022
femicyrus:
What will it cause FG to declare vacancy in all FG universities with an opportunity to reform the sector?

There are more (X3) PhD holders in Nigeria doing nothing than all the lecturers currently on government payroll.

This is not medical line that the risk is too high now
Smiles... You dey vex ooo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Water Supplied To Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Hostel, Kano / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University / ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.