Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,203 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Islamic Quiz - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Quiz (13284 Views)

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION / Quiz/Riddle Time: Can You Answer This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 7:01am On Nov 07, 2011
^^^
Salaam
Since you are still celebrating the commendations for the excellent answer you gave to that question let me opportunistically snag your right to ask a question.
Oh, do forgive me

Q34

What are the pillars of disbelief (kufr)?
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
Still researching, will not mind if you tell us the ans.
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2011
According to Shaykh Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

The Pillars of Kufr are

1. Arrogance which prevents submission, (to the command of Allah)
2. Jealousy which prevents acceptance of advice and the giving of it.
3. Anger which prevents doing justice
4. Desire which prevents total devotion to worship.

I remember the above with the acronym DAJA

And Allah knows best
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 4:20am On Nov 14, 2011
BetaThings:

According to Shaykh Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

The Pillars of Kufr are

1. Arrogance which prevents submission, (to the command of Allah)
2. Jealousy which prevents acceptance of advice and the giving of it.
3. Anger which prevents doing justice
4. Desire which prevents total devotion to worship.

I remember the above with the acronym DAJA

And Allah knows best

think u are right! d last one scares me. DESIRE. sometimes we think we av enoff xcuse 2 keep away from worship(voluntary ones). May Allah help US !
Re: Islamic Quiz by tpia5: 4:46am On Nov 14, 2011
kufr of course must mean kafir [disbeliever].

# 4 which is desire, means what exactly.

let's speak in plain language, not coded ones.

pardon my presence on the thread since i'm not a muslim and the thread title says islamic quiz.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 4:58am On Nov 14, 2011
kufr means disbelief.

your desires can keep u away from doing what is right. for example, it is time for prayers and then, you desire to see a movie instead of praying. By the time the next prayer comes in, it is time for a TV show u love and then u do that rather than pray again. .gradually, your desire is taking u towards being a kafir.

After all, a kafir wldnt pray just like your desire is keeping you aaway from praying.
Re: Islamic Quiz by tpia5: 5:04am On Nov 14, 2011
^^got it.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 5:17am On Nov 14, 2011
tpia@:

^^got it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh thank God!
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 6:13am On Nov 14, 2011
Muhalimah Deols. Salamun alaykum
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^
I think the thread is a very brilliant idea. We need to work to make it deliver its potential benefits
I would like posts on how to correct errors in prayers, determining time of prayer, etiquette and best times for du'a, how to strengthen eeman, how to avoid shrik, also contemporary issues like suicide terrorism, surrogate motherhood and many more that can help better understand our deen
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
Bismillah, it is welcome, but i think throw it as question before you answer it
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2011
more on Q. 34

@Beta things, I tried knowing more about the pillars of kufr and I understand the above are as written by Ibn Qayyim. But, certain things come to mind. If u call anything a pillar or certain things pillars, their absence make it not standing. I mean, a house cannot stand without its pillars nor can anyone be termed a Muslim without the pillars of Islam. My point is, arrogance, jealousy, anger and desire cant(shouldnt) make anyone automatically a kafir.  [b]Rather than call these d pillars, wouldnt it be right to call them the elements of kufr? [/b]I'd c dem as elements since they actually are characteristics that lead to kufr.

wa Allahu a'lam
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2011
olawalebab:

Muhalimah Deols. Salamun alaykum

w.salam. ow have you been?
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
BetaThings:

^^^
I think the thread is a very brilliant idea. We need to work to make it deliver its potential benefits
I would like posts on how to correct errors in prayers, determining time of prayer, etiquette and best times for du'a, how to strengthen eeman, how to avoid shrik, also contemporary issues like suicide terrorism, surrogate motherhood and many more that can help better understand our deen

except dat u want them in question and ansa format, I thnk its beta to start a new thread for them.
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
deols:

am fine, you know monday pressure. How your side too?
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
deols:

am fine, you know monday pressure. How your side too?
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 2:03am On Nov 18, 2011
deols:

more on Q. 34

@Beta things, I tried knowing more about the pillars of kufr and I understand the above are as written by Ibn Qayyim. But, certain things come to mind. If u call anything a pillar or certain things pillars, their absence make it not standing. I mean, a house cannot stand without its pillars nor can anyone be termed a Muslim without the pillars of Islam. My point is, arrogance, jealousy, anger and desire cant(shouldnt) make anyone automatically a kafir.  [b]Rather than call these d pillars, wouldnt it be right to call them the elements of kufr? [/b]I'd c dem as elements since they actually are characteristics that lead to kufr.

wa Allahu a'lam
Interesting point that I never considered. I will have to do some further research on it. Sorry for responding so late
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 2:06am On Nov 18, 2011
deols:

except dat u want them in question and ansa format, I thnk its beta to start a new thread for them.

I will stay here. The thread is interesting enough and I don't think we need to create so many

Q 35
What are the errors that we typically make during salat and how are they rectified? I suggest that we item both the errors and the corrections.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2011
BetaThings:

I will stay here. The thread is interesting enough and I don't think we need to create so many

Q 35
What are the errors that we typically make during salat and how are they rectified? I suggest that we item both the errors and the corrections.

i like ds, I shldnt be here but ds question is tempting. .lol

a. One very important mistake people make is the thought that women have to pray diffferently from men. The prophet asked us to pray like we see him pray without making any reference to gender.

. . .let the list continue
Re: Islamic Quiz by miftaudeen(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
salam alaykum to all muslim,
let me ask a question, A person was leading a group of women in prayer after first rakat another person join him then the imam polluted, how can the group of women and the person that joined after he had missed first rakat pay the missing rakat
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
miftaudeen:

salam alaykum to all muslim,
let me ask a question, A person was leading a group of women in prayer after first rakat another person join him then the imam polluted, how can the group of women and the person that joined after he had missed first rakat pay the missing rakat

wa alaykum salam,

THe women and d oda man should complete their salaat separately just like it is done in Qasr prayers

WaAllahu a'lam

and pls, follow the rules next time.
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2011
deols:

unnecessary deols smiley he prolly didn't read the first posts.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2011
mukina2:

unnecessary deols smiley he prolly didn't read the first posts.

i thnk so too. But my referring him to it can get him to read it.

deols:

a. One very important mistake people make is the thought that women have to pray diffferently from men. The prophet asked us to pray like we see him pray without making any reference to gender.

b. not saying takbiratul ihram b4 joining salaat.

-When d solaat has started by the time u are joining in, you are to stand upright, say the first Allahu Akbar, before joining in what others are doing,
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
deols:

Oh, why not?
Good point you made about women and men though
And, Insha Allah, the list will continue.
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 2:32am On Nov 24, 2011
deols:

wa alaykum salam,

THe women and d oda man should complete their salaat separately just like it is done in Qasr prayers

WaAllahu a'lam

Salaam
The above is correct. An alternative which some people actually prefer is for the man who hitherto was standing beside the Imam to continue to lead the prayer. Of course his rakats are less than those of the women he is now leading. After the women have completed theirs, they will remain seated while the man alone gets us to make his outstanding rakat. After the man completes his rakat and, makes tashadud and says salam, the women will now end their prayer by making salaam

One party waiting for the other is legislated in the Salatul Khauf

And Allah knows best
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 6:44am On Nov 24, 2011
When mallam and mu'alima are talking, ma'mun should just be learning. You're both correct. Wallahu Alam.
Q37, what will be the fate of an unbeliever pior to his conversion to islam has 8 wives. What will happen to the 'extra' wives
Re: Islamic Quiz by tbaba1234: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2011
olawalebab:

When mallam and mu'alima are talking, ma'mun should just be learning. You're both correct. Wallahu Alam.
Q37, what will be the fate of an unbeliever pior to his conversion to islam has 8 wives. What will happen to the 'extra' wives

He would have to divorce at least 4 wives because the limit is four, When the verse was revealed the companions of Muhammad, peace be upon him, Some of the companions already had much more than that and these men had to divorce their wives, if they had more than four.

Q38 Who was the first wife the Prophet (SAW) married after the death of Khadijah (RA) ?
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 9:42am On Nov 24, 2011
Sawda bint Zam'a, a widow
Aisha (RA) was betrothed to the Prophet (PBUH) around the same time, but became a wife later

My question is coming later in the day, Insha Allah
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2011
olawalebab:

Salaam,
If you are referring to me, then you are mistaken. At best you could call me "Mallam of Google, Copy and Paste"
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 11:14am On Nov 24, 2011
BetaThings:

Oh, why not?
Good point you made about women and men though
And, Insha Allah, the list will continue.

skool matters, brother.

BetaThings:

Salaam
The above is correct. An alternative which some people actually prefer is for the man who hitherto was standing beside the Imam to continue to lead the prayer. Of course his rakats are less than those of the women he is now leading. After the women have completed theirs, they will remain seated while the man alone gets us to make his outstanding rakat. After the man completes his rakat and, makes tashadud and says salam, the women will now end their prayer by making salaam

One party waiting for the other is legislated in the Salatul Khauf

And Allah knows best

sounds good But wld work when d pple involved have that understandn. for example, d imam going on sujud during recitation can b confusing if d congregation is not aware of it.In fact, i was confused d first time I experienced it.

olawalebab:

When mallam and[b] mu'alima [/b]are talking, ma'mun should just be learning. You're both correct. Wallahu Alam.

mu'allima loun loun, am very much a student ooo.
BetaThings:

Sawda bint Zam'a, a widow
Aisha (RA) was betrothed to the Prophet (PBUH) around the same time, but became a wife later

My question is coming later in the day, Insha Allah

this is one of the reasons it is obvious d prophet ddnt marry many wives as a matter of the flesh. The woman wasnt only a widow but was in her middle age and wasnt described by beauty.
Re: Islamic Quiz by tbaba1234: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2011
deols:

mu'allima loun loun, am very much a student ooo.
this is one of the reasons it is obvious d prophet ddnt marry many wives as a matter of the flesh. The woman wasnt only a widow but was in her middle age and wasnt described by beauty.

Sawda bint Zam'a was an 80 year old widow; the first widow in islam,
Re: Islamic Quiz by BetaThings: 5:58am On Nov 25, 2011
deols:

skool matters, brother.

May Allah make the endeavour easy and add blessing to the knowledge thereby attained

Q38
When a woman attains the age of marriage, can the guardian force her to marry?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mermaids – Do They Exist Or Not? / What Islamic Scholars Said About Hell / Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.