Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees (24264 Views)

East Economy To Boom As Seplat 95% Completes It $700 Million Gas Plant In Imo / North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze / Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nyamiri: 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
Yet some goons are pained that Igbos are enjoying mondays sit at home. grin i have already cooked lots of chicken pepper soup and bottles of beer to wash it down and a bag of weed to smoke tomorrow. Thank goodness for sit at home. I am not complaining

Not like you have a choice. You gotta sit down and shut up else those ipob animals behead you..

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Royalty83(m): 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
Parachoko:
•Work days reduced to four, sometimes three days

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/one-year-on-weekly-sit-at-home-brings-south-east-economy-to-its-knees/

And Obi doesn't care, he is busy touring churches
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Lezzlie(m): 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
Nchenches:

When a foolish ashawwwo/love-vendor writes, it takes no time to recognise.

Move down to your usual Romance Section na.
The dying shrieks of a fatherless criminal.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by GodsOwnMan: 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
cheesy eboes cheesy

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
Nyamiri:

Not like you have a choice. You gotta sit down and shut up else those ipob animals behead you..
why would it bother your cone head if they behead me? cheesy you should be happy.

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nyamiri: 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
Lezzlie:
when kanu the demagogue was ranting off, the vast support he had is enough to justify the generalisation.

For the sake of the sensible minority, don't generalise.
Forget that majority of the leaders there reason like animals, there are still a few sensible ones.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nyamiri: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
Royalty83:

And Obi doesn't care, he is busy touring churches

Obi has never condemned ipob, UGM or ESN.

3 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
Nyamiri:

Don't you think if Ipob can make the sit at home Mondays to Fridays, you will hurt the FG more since they won't be able to collect revenues at all.
maybe it will hurt the FG maybe not, i don't give a shit. cheesy it would not affect me, if that is what you are trying so hard to insinuate.

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Eleyigidgan: 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
Guyman01:
IPOB has long cancelled the sit at home but another faction led by Finland based Simon Ekpa gave a conflicting directive and are using Unknown Gunmen to forcefully implement it.
People comply out of fear of attack from the violent Simon Ekpa group
in order wlrds, ipob is weak and a coward
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Balkan(m): 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
So how rich are other state that are not observing the Monday sit at home or what are they doing with the 19 billion they are making on Tuesday to Saturday?

Complete trash. Late other state show us how they are enjoying the full working days with money they are making.

Nandi Kanu can not be in detention and we are working on doing business.

3 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nyamiri: 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
why would it bother your cone head if they behead me? cheesy you should be happy.

Well, it is better you die running after bus with gala on your head than for one escaped convict to use your neck to be sharpening cutlass.

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by biafranrealson: 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
You that work Sunday to Sunday are you better than us ?

3 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Eleyigidgan: 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2022
PHYTECH:
It's well grin grin grin

The igbos are dying and smiling.

They'll send themselves to extinction soon. By killing themselves and supporting it. Unknown gunmen, ipob and Esn are killing your people, yet you support them. Keep ruining your economy and killing yourselves. South sudan promax welcomes you.

Yet they'll be the first to be criticising the hausa and Fulani guys. It's well with you pleople oo
shut up head slammer

3 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by biafranrealson: 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2022
At least no IDP camp in all the east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ATLIEN2027: 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2022
Thanks to Namdiot coward Cownu and the brainwashed Peter Obi- tuary Zombidient monkeys.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2022
Nyamiri:

Well, it is better you die running after bus with gala on your head than for one escaped convict to use your neck to be sharpening cutlass.
You must think everyone is in your category, i cannot stress enough to you that i don't care and i am not complaining about sit at home, go back and read all my comments and get it into your cone head again that sit at home favours me rather. grin for some reason you refuse to accept that, you seem to be crying more than the bereaved.

First you want them to behead me now you think it is better dying while carrying gala on my head. grin grin grin make your bloody mind up goon! You sound like the confused one here.

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by SavageResponse(m): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2022
sonnie10:
Considering the economic situation of the country, 4 days work week could actually save the government some money.

I'm sure you would not have typed this nonsense if you were a business man who is based in the east!
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Farid24224(m): 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
Waiting for some foolish people to say it's a lie and IPOB are good, kind and just group... undecided

Nonsense!! Suffer them, make it everyday sef..

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Mazisimonekpa(m): 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2022
Landmack:
The ediot that sat down and wrote this trash,just wrote for writing sake. No where was it mentioned that Simon Ekpa should be targeted and arrested by the Nigeria govt..nothing at all about his destructive activities and you want us to believe your write up of pretence?! Why’s there so much silence from the FG and state govs on their stance on Simeon Ekpa?
onye nzuzu

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Mazisimonekpa(m): 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2022
Guyman01:
IPOB has long cancelled the sit at home but another faction led by Finland based Simon Ekpa gave a conflicting directive and are using Unknown Gunmen to forcefully implement it.
People comply out of fear of attack from the violent Simon Ekpa group
efulefu

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by eternallyfocus: 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
Kennitrust:
Peter Obi presidency will unified this country and bring all these nonsense to an end
u are seriously mad for thinking a ibo will rule this country and unite anybody

4 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by TrueNigerian300: 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2022
DOTian:
The sit at home is necessary!
Folks should stop crying more than the bereaved!

The protests, sit at homes, frustrations and anger that are all associated with the whole political realities in the East are essentials. They're NEEDED ingredients for political emancipation. If you're dormant, you get nothing. Power concedes nothing without force. Sit at home is a very effective peaceful political tool to register the Igbo mans frustrations with the shame called Nigeria. These are essentials and are stages that must be passed for that political freedom to be achieved. It may hurt. It may ultimately be costly in terms of economic losses but in the long run, these protests will help reintroduce the Igbo man in a more politically emphatic terms to other Nigerians. It can only get better from there..

For starters, if not for IPOB-ESNs extremely radical political sensitization in the East, and the fact that Buhari overplayed his hands of hatred towards easterners, folks like Peter Obi will not be attracting much attention today. That's a fact! He didn't attract half of the attention he attracts today when he ran for the vee pee last time. Igbos would have continued with their political apathy. But look at the numbers turning out for their PVCs in the East today. Folks know that this might be the last chance to change things peacefully! Buhari has taught us a bitter lesson and the time for political complacency had gone for good! The sit at homes worked! Igbos have finally decided to seriously engage Nigeria, in other to solve the problems of the marginalization Eastern Nigeria once and for all..

Who is not frustrated in Nigeria?
Just take note Obi is not winning the presidency and what you simply mean is Igbo will keep killing themselves if that does not happen. Good luck to you guys.It was an Igbo in APC that was supporting another northener for presidency...your leaders are the most political fools in the country and not anyone marginalizing you. Less than 10 years ago you guys were controlling the govt of Jonathan. What did your foolish leaders do to correct some of the marginalisations you so much cry about?

Keep killing yourselves!!!

7 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by moneyissweet(m): 11:48pm On Aug 20, 2022
Who still dey talk about sit at home?

Op, I know you want to distract us from ongoing Obidatti movement in Owerri.

E shock una no be small

4 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:51pm On Aug 20, 2022
Landmack:
The ediot that sat down and wrote this trash,just wrote for writing sake. No where was it mentioned that Simon Ekpa should be targeted and arrested by the Nigeria govt..nothing at all about his destructive activities and you want us to believe your write up of pretence?! Why’s there so much silence from the FG and state govs on their stance on Simeon Ekpa?

Exactly!

Just checked his profile…the guy is a Tinubu supporter, so what do you expect! This sit-at-home thing has long since been cancelled by IPOB! It’s now remotely being sustained by non-Igbo outsiders, and they’ve found daft idiots like the ekpa bastard to be the face and voice of the evil scheme while they remain in the shadows! Their own work is to organise one or two murders every now and again when it looks like the sit-at-home is starting to be ignored, and they have their faceless agents on social media (like this one that penned this shit and the other one that used the ekpa moniker) to help drive the narrative!

Their initial aim was to try and discredit IPOB and Mazi Kanu….committing crime and enforcing the already cancelled sit-at-home in the name of IPOB! But the scope of their operation has now expanded to include trying to cause a climate of fear and insecurity in the south-east region in a bid to weaken Peter Obis’ support base! They were the ones that donned IPOB insignia and went out to murder that poor INEC official, and their aim was to try and prevent a mass turnout of those seeking to register for the PVC!

Like you said, ain’t it strange that the federal gov’t that was prepared to go to the ends of the world in order to kidnap and silence Mazi Kanu, are seemingly unperturbed with the stupid and provocative statements of this ekpa fool!? I doubt if anyone in gov’t has even uttered his name in camera like they did with Mazi Kanu! And our equally useless south-east governors (with the exception of Soludo) have done or said absolutely nothing about this bastard in Finland!
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:51pm On Aug 20, 2022
moneyissweet:
Who still dey talk about sit at home?

Op, I know you want to distract us from ongoing Obidatti movement in Owerri.

E shock una no be small

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by H9ice: 11:54pm On Aug 20, 2022
Landmack:
Why’s there so much silence from the FG and state govs on their stance on Simeon Ekpa?

Because Simeon Ekpa is working on the federal and state government interest and little does the ipob realize this.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by moneyissweet(m): 11:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
So why are you bothered?

You are supposed to be happy with celebration mood

Mazisimonekpa:
Some people are dragging the F9 position of Biafra restoration, they are fighting each other on newspaper on who stopped the Monday sit at home. The funny thing is the sit at home is on top gear and the compliance is now stretching to the south south. No be juju be that?

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Reinamaria(f): 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2022
1bunne4lif:
I think it actually calls for celebration

Why should it be celebrated?
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by hismail55(m): 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2022
Happy one year Anniversary to the people in the east precisely in Anambra, Am sure my igbo friends here in Abuja will hit you how suit business is on Monday whenever they come home for Christmas ���
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by tafat: 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
Definitely now, did they think taking out a whole day from a business won't have any impact?

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by sonnie10: 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
SavageResponse:

I'm sure you would not have typed this nonsense if you were a business man who is based in the east!

This one man business mentality is what has held the SE back. Everything is about buying and selling. If government is not functional, almost businesses would collapse. Office all over the world are considering the 4 days work week to cut cost. Who do you think provides the security, road, power and other infrastructure for business to thrive? Government right? And they have limited resources and operates with tight budgets. Almost all SE states have budget deficit due to cost of governance. A good way to cut cost is by 4 days work week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions New Naval Sports Complex In Lagos (Photos) / Wike To Ayu: I Dare You To Stop Anybody in Rivers PDP from Contesting / Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.