Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees (24185 Views)

East Economy To Boom As Seplat 95% Completes It $700 Million Gas Plant In Imo / North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze / Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by emilo2bad: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2022
loosecanon50:
This sit at home has brought business to it's knees in the south east. It's just sad that this keeps on happening with no end in sight.

All this will end next year, that's why we need to vote wisely this time.

Vote LP for your sanity and rest of mind
let Obi talk to his people first

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by GeneralDae: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2022
obynzo:

This was the published in the last FDI report by NBS for 2022 check it out
Okay cool.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:17am On Aug 21, 2022
It should continue
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Kennitrust(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2022
emilo2bad:

let he first condemned the activities of IPOB ESN unknown gun men then we will know whether he is unifier as you called him
for the sake of election, your tinubu has not condemned the lekki killing

Atiku refuse to condemned Deborah lynch

Your focus on a hundred percent perfect human being is in Obi.

I'm not an Igbo and I do stand for Biafra but we are talking about someone with different doing. Different direction and different economical mindset.

Stop tribalism
This election is not about
Hausa
Yoruba
Or
Igbo

It about a different Nigeria in a different direction.

Join the movement!
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ImperialYoruba: 11:27am On Aug 21, 2022
GeneralPula:

[b]Thank you brother. God bless you. Sporadically, Igbos thru the power given to them by Jonathan ensure that Yoruba were marginalized. Could remember when Yoruba elders visited Jonathan concerning how he had neglected us completely, the Igbos were hating. The thread is on nairaland here. People were warning them, for they’re about to start what they can’t contain but they didn’t listen. Look at it today, they’re barking everywhere...

And honestly, they marginalized SS people, abi wetin Jonathan do for SS? Imagine Jonathan couldn’t ensure a functional port in SS all thru his tenure..

Igbos have always envy Yoruba people. They just hate the fact that we’re ahead of them in terms of everything. Part of the reason they hate buhari was the fact that buhari’s featuring with the west gave him the presidency. They so hate that.

The infrastructure buhari put on SE, even PDP couldn’t do for more than 20years. But still, they’re hating buhari... You think it’s ordinary? NO!

For their mind, any Christian must not vote tinubu, but Muslims should vote for Obi.

Did you noticed they’ve started codedly hating on Baba Adeboye cuz he said people should vote for their candidate? What of what they did to Pastor Kumuyi? What sort of Christians are these people self? [/b]

God bless you too brother. If Obi has not yet won and they already disrupt social order, threatening to kill people, to burn down Fela shrine, calling people names, disrespecting elders and running amock all over social media, imagine now if Obi win, what they will do to people opposed to Obi. Many people will loose life and property simply for not identifying as obidient.

There is good reason Nigerian leaders are opposed to an Ibo president. When ibo enter anywhere disorder and chaos enter follow am.

We don't want these people as ruler of Nigeria. If Obi win a worse Nigeria will happen.

2 Likes

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by 35kristibueze: 11:47am On Aug 21, 2022
I think it actually calls for celebrationI think it actually calls for celebration...
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by emilo2bad: 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kennitrust:
for the sake of election, your tinubu has not condemned the lekki killing

Atiku refuse to condemned Deborah lynch

Your focus on a hundred percent perfect human being is in Obi.

I'm not an Igbo and I do stand for Biafra but we are talking about someone with different doing. Different direction and different economical mindset.

Stop tribalism
This election is not ab
Hausa
Yoruba
Or
Igbo

It about a different Nigeria in a different direction.

Join the movement!
which economy mindset, 8 years of failure in Anambra he can do anything differently forget story. what happens in lekki ? tell any body names that lost their lives even a goat have owner.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by lezz(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2022
ezechi242:

Your stupidity is top notch i swear ....you foolishly said no region has killed their zone like the Igbo's, and I'm still asking your stupid self this same question which your brain ceases to unfold ...the people killing the economy of the north are they Igbo's? ..olodo ...after fucking the hell out of a calf, you'll come out of your hut and start spewing rubbish just like a mad cow....I've never seen a more empty brain and total liability like you ....I pity your unborn children cuz a slowpoke and a liability is about to father them ...spits.

You lack the mental architecture to carry this discourse! Pretending you're intelligent when your loftiest ambition is to be a pirated fake DVD merchant!

While every region has its criminals and reprobates, they faced serious backlash from members of their own zones.

No region has ever been cursed enough to ask its own people to stay home and abandon their daily source of living. Only the South East.

But that's not where the tragedy lies, the horror and shame was the mass overwhelming population of the South East supported their own destruction blindly .

Now, I know you're daft and also an opportunistic career criminal by design and personal planning. I also know you have no legitimate means of livelihood. You're desperately hoping that the socioeconomic disruption of IPOB in the south East level the playing field for lazy lowlives like you to benefit. That's your only true hope of rising above poverty and destitution.

But can you pretend to be reasonable just for a minute in your accursed life and realize you are the very purge of nature?

Bloody low-birth!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by IbadeHQ: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

When Peter Obi becomes your president next year and we hear fim about Yoruba nation, you go collect wotowoto.
Peter Obi as a peace loving man will govern inclusively, accomodating all tribes and religions but if you Tinubu's sponsored propagandists decide to frustrate him with your useless sponsored Yoruba nation shit while he's moving the nation forward,the language you will be taught will be more than the one you will ever understand.
Glad we have reasonable yorubas wey get sense pass wella not to join your propaganda..

Start warming up to embrace Peter Obi's presidency of a new Nigeria or you relocate to Bangladesh grin

All this your gilberish will end soon, I don't argue with ipob miscreants.

Feb. Is around the corner, you will soon resume your agitation for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2022
God punish all killers.After killing innocent people they want stop sitting at home.Many God's fire and brimstones on you killers ritualists igboland you will all perish FROM TODAY AS YOU COME OUT IFSHA. angryNdi ogwu ego,ndi obara angry

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Kennitrust(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2022
emilo2bad:

which economy mindset, 8 years of failure in Anambra he can do anything differently forget story. what happens in lekki ? tell any body names that lost their lives even a goat have owner.
you are paid to be here responding to the ineptitude of your agbado master.
I won't have your time again since you are blind to reality
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Ingocof(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
Parachoko:
•Work days reduced to four, sometimes three days

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/one-year-on-weekly-sit-at-home-brings-south-east-economy-to-its-knees/

Peter Obi presidency will empower these criminals called Igbos, that is why we say no to obidiend.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Gaabasky: 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2022
I wished the madness should continue. When we are tired nobody we tell us to reset this country to a functionable one.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Parachoko: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

Exactly!

Just checked his profile…the guy is a Tinubu supporter, so what do you expect! This sit-at-home thing has long since been cancelled by IPOB! It’s now remotely being sustained by non-Igbo outsiders, and they’ve found daft idiots like the ekpa bastard to be the face and voice of the evil scheme while they remain in the shadows! Their own work is to organise one or two murders every now and again when it looks like the sit-at-home is starting to be ignored, and they have their faceless agents on social media (like this one that penned this shit and the other one that used the ekpa moniker) to help drive the narrative!

Their initial aim was to try and discredit IPOB and Mazi Kanu….committing crime and enforcing the already cancelled sit-at-home in the name of IPOB! But the scope of their operation has now expanded to include trying to cause a climate of fear and insecurity in the south-east region in a bid to weaken Peter Obis’ support base! They were the ones that donned IPOB insignia and went out to murder that poor INEC official, and their aim was to try and prevent a mass turnout of those seeking to register for the PVC!

Like you said, ain’t it strange that the federal gov’t that was prepared to go to the ends of the world in order to kidnap and silence Mazi Kanu, are seemingly unperturbed with the stupid and provocative statements of this ekpa fool!? I doubt if anyone in gov’t has even uttered his name in camera like they did with Mazi Kanu! And our equally useless south-east governors (with the exception of Soludo) have done or said absolutely nothing about this bastard in Finland!
What do you want the FG to do without the cooperation of Finland?
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Parachoko: 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
sonnie10:

This one man business mentality is what has held the SE back. Everything is about buying and selling. If government is not functional, almost businesses would collapse. Office all over the world are considering the 4 days work week to cut cost. Who do you think provides the security, road, power and other infrastructure for business to thrive? Government right? And they have limited resources and operates with tight budgets. Almost all SE states have budget deficit due to cost of governance. A good way to cut cost is by 4 days work week.
Can you list some of this office all over the world involve on this 4 days work in a week story you're talking about?

You can just list the major companies

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
They are not serious
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by emilo2bad: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kennitrust:
you are paid to be here responding to the ineptitude of your agbado master.
I won't have your time again since you are blind to reality
I know IPOB miscreants paid you to promote a failure 8 years of failure with no project to show. enjoy the money pay to you by zombiedent
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Wwwq: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hmmm
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by barcaboi(m): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
Buhari's premeditated marginalisation of SE caused all these but it's ending soon.
Make una stop capping Abeg; Wetin the govs don do?
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by enemachris(m): 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
Sit at home to pressurize the government to release Namdi Kanu is like waiting for a ship to dock at the airport. A government that doesn't even care about its own people.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by Yenny4real(f): 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2022
biafranrealson:
You that work Sunday to Sunday are you better than us ?
but at least we av freedom.not under any oppressors
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ezechi242: 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
lezz:

You lack the mental architecture to carry this discourse! Pretending you're intelligent when your loftiest ambition is to be a pirated fake DVD merchant!

While every region has its criminals and reprobates, they faced serious backlash from members of their own zones.

No region has ever been cursed enough to ask its own people to stay home and abandon their daily source of living. Only the South East.

But that's not where the tragedy lies, the horror and shame was the mass overwhelming population of the South East supported their own destruction blindly .

Now, I know you're daft and also an opportunistic career criminal by design and personal planning. I also know you have no legitimate means of livelihood. You're desperately hoping that the socioeconomic disruption of IPOB in the south East level the playing field for lazy lowlives like you to benefit. That's your only true hope of rising above poverty and destitution.

But can you pretend to be reasonable just for a minute in your accursed life and realize you are the very purge of nature?

Bloody low-birth!!!

Hahahaha we all know how the federal government is sponsoring the evil going on in the east, but that aside.let me come very low to your level.
A slowpoke like you that doesn't know his left from his right is not fit to own a phone, not to talk of owning a smart phone....a known cow like you is not supposed to be on nairaland ....you see the killings going on in kaduna, Benue, tarraba and all other parts of middle belt and north? Those are the killings that would have been happening in the east but we brought in our own security out fit that chased away heardsmen like you out of our land.
But the major sponsors of terrorism in this country used the Nigerian army to bring terrorism into the east....and useless people like you that were pained because you want the down fall of the Igbo's were happy, but it backfired.
I have one message for you, your foolishness will remain at the top ....I am sure you are one of the fools that carried coffins for buhari in his 2015 campaign ....and you still voted for the dead being in 2019 ...so I can't continue wasting my time with someone that fooled himself twice ...a fool at 40 is a fool for ever.
More over that same region, even in this situation, it still came out better than your region in the last Waec, tell me the northern state that is better than any easten state ...olodo writing gramma ode.....go and rub tinubus piss on your head..maybe you can receive small since from it.....born fool.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by lezz(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2022
ezechi242:

Hahahaha we all know how the federal government is sponsoring the evil going on in the east, but that aside.let me come very low to your level.
A slowpoke like you that doesn't know his left from his right is not fit to own a phone, not to talk of owning a smart phone....a known cow like you is not supposed to be on nairaland ....you see the killings going on in kaduna, Benue, tarraba and all other parts of middle belt and north? Those are the killings that would have been happening in the east but we brought in our own security out fit that chased away heardsmen like you out of our land.
But the major sponsors of terrorism in this country used the Nigerian army to bring terrorism into the east....and useless people like you that were pained because you want the down fall of the Igbo's were happy, but it backfired.
I have one message for you, your foolishness will remain at the top ....I am sure you are one of the fools that carried coffins for buhari in his 2015 campaign ....and you still voted for the dead being in 2019 ...so I can't continue wasting my time with someone that fooled himself twice ...a fool at 40 is a fool for ever.
More over that same region, even in this situation, it still came out better than your region in the last Waec, tell me the northern state that is better than any easten state ...olodo writing gramma ode.....go and rub tinubus piss on your head..maybe you can receive small since from it.....born fool.
I stopped reading when I got to the place you said federal government sponsoring what goes on in the south East.....

Your very existence is a pathetic joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by highness25(m): 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2022
Kennitrust:
respond na grin
I don't understand you oo. Elucidate
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by AlwaySpeakTruth: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2022
The da ftness of these people knows no bounds. Invited terrorism to their lands following people that are enjoying their lives abroad
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ezechi242: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2022
lezz:
I stopped reading when I got to the place you said federal government sponsoring what goes on in the south East.....

Your very existence is a pathetic joke

Hahahaha...you didnt stop reading olodo....your brain stopped functioning ozwor....young goat...hahahaha
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by TrueNigerian300: 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2022
GeneralDae:

Please can you show me the data if this 4.1 Billion dollars? Not doubting you, I'm just interested.

Lol...these our brothers from the east ehn no matter how educated they are, they love to abuse data just look at that one throwing anyhow figure as if he is talking to people at Uturu square smiley smiley.

1 Like

Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:12am On Aug 22, 2022
ezechi242:

Leave the fools...south east was extremely peaceful until uzodinma and umahi started sobotaging their people...it will only take a little time for them to start reaping the evil they sowed in the lives of the Igbo's ....secondly ..the east is still by far better than many zones in this country despite the evil the federal government inks doing in that place ....watch and see how things will turn out in Favour of the Igbo's in no time weather obi wins or not.

I wonder the kind of hatred these people have for South East.....
What exactly did South East do to Nigeria?

That we don't want to accept Islam in South East shouldn't be a means to plot all sorts of hatred for the region......

South East are not fence perchers......we inherit the land and build on it.....

My Brother.....leave them, whoever you are better than can only talk about you all the time .
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by DOTian: 8:16am On Aug 22, 2022
Starz825:

I know this Peter obi shit will always turn out to be this for the igbos...tribalism....

A lot of people apart from the easterners are voting peter obi ..not entirely because he is Igbo or because the igbos have been marginalized but because we want something different..and we think he is a better option than the rest of the two aspirants.....

And if obi wins..its good for the Nigerian youths because it means they now have the power to elect whosoever and pursue whosoever away....
However..if obi fail Nigerians in his first tenure....
You all should know that he is going nowhere and we be sent packing....

This is the sole reason why I want obi to win...

So that the youth can now have a voice of their own over the political affairs of their country

The problem is in your head not me. You worry a lot unnecessarily about the Igbo man intentions.., actually, in my own summation, most of the people in this country, have a rabid case of igbophobia. They all get startled once majority of the igbos follow a particular political trend. Hausas and fulanis can dramatize their support for Buhari and it's all fair. But once an Igbo man hypes Peter Obi, you start to get frustrated with his "tribalism". I mean, what are we supposed to do? Keep mute to prove we are "Patriots"? I don't understand why you guys raise the bar to the high heavens when the Igbo man is involved and then steap the bar into the latrine, when say it's the Fulani guy...

Why the fear? What has the Igbo done to you to make you unravel in this way? Are they the Fulani herdsmen butchering tens of thousands around the country for fun? I said that the political agitations in the east has helped to focus the national attention on the gross marginalization of the East, which has gone further to sway emotions towards eastern presidential candidates, since many in this queer country, genuinely believe that thisß is a reasonable cause..., how is that tribalism in a country where one of the other two candidates is shouting "Emi Lokan", while the other is trying to elongate Fulani rule to 16 years nonstop?
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by lezz(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2022
ezechi242:

Hahahaha...you didnt stop reading olodo....your brain stopped functioning ozwor....young goat...hahahaha
"hahahahaha the pretentious,dying laugh of a dyslectic criminal.

Federal government is also responsible for sit-at-home.

I swear, you are a reference point for idiocy.
Re: One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees by GeneralPula: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

God bless you too brother. If Obi has not yet won and they already disrupt social order, threatening to kill people, to burn down Fela shrine, calling people names, disrespecting elders and running amock all over social media, imagine now if Obi win, what they will do to people opposed to Obi. Many people will loose life and property simply for not identifying as obidient.

There is good reason Nigerian leaders are opposed to an Ibo president. When ibo enter anywhere disorder and chaos enter follow am.

We don't want these people as ruler of Nigeria. If Obi win a worse Nigeria will happen.

Including death my brother.

I’m yet to understand why Igbos started the first ever Nigeria coup..?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tinubu Is The Incoming President - President Buhari / Buhari Hosts G19 APC Leaders In Aso Rock (Photos) / APC Planning To Depose Sultan Of Sokoto, Emir Of Kano — CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.